I Give Up

If you don’t know what queer means, don’t use it… especially indescriminently
It doesn't matter what I think it means. These people came up with the letter thing and the Q, which stands for queer. My post is all about me giving up and referring to them they way they themselves asked to be referred to as, that's why they invented the Q. So, you can't tell me what queer means?

It doesn't matter what I think it means. These people came up with the letter thing and the Q, which stands for queer. My post is all about me giving up and referring to them they way they themselves asked to be referred to as, that's why they invented the Q. So, you can't tell me what queer means?
That’s false and you know it

That’s false and you know it
What's false? They are the ones who made their lettering system which includes a Q for Queer. I'm just referring to them using the same system that THEY derived. I didn't make it up. I didn't make the Q up and I didn't make up that it stands for queer.

Societal pressure changes what we say and how we say things, why are you acting so ignorant?

So, you were not told to use it, you just felt the pressure to do so.

Hmmm....why have I not felt this pressure?

here is what societal pressure is.....

When I was young, I was told not to call black people "colored people"....it was hurtful and racist.....instead they prefer "black people"

When I was in college I was told not to call them "black people"....it was hurtful and racist. I am to refer to them as "African Americans"

OK....But I am questioning why my team mate at Syracuse University should be referred to as African American when he was from Bermuda, but I went with the flow.

Now I am told the proper way to identify them is "people of color"....yet in the 60's "colored people" was racist but now it is preferred.

Yet....for some reason, I never identified anyone based on their race......

yet....

Societal pressure is telling me I must or I am a racist.

If non heterosexuals want to identify themselves as being queer, I think the right should accommodate their wishes.
You have the right to express your opinion.
You also have the right to not express what is not your opinion.
So...
If you think a trans-woman is actually a man who feels better when he pretends to be a woman, you have the right to say so; you are under no obligation -- and, indeed, cannot be forced -- to state otherwise.

The fact you are correct does not play into it.

here is what societal pressure is.....

When I was young, I was told not to call black people "colored people"....it was hurtful and racist.....instead they prefer "black people"

When I was in college I was told not to call them "black people"....it was hurtful and racist. I am to refer to them as "African Americans"

OK....But I am questioning why my team mate at Syracuse University should be referred to as African American when he was from Bermuda, but I went with the flow.

Now I am told the proper way to identify them is "people of color"....yet in the 60's "colored people" was racist but now it is preferred.

Yet....for some reason, I never identified anyone based on their race......

yet....

Societal pressure is telling me I must or I am a racist.

I just refer to them as people. It never seems to get me in trouble.

I just refer to them as people. It never seems to get me in trouble.
you missed the point in an effort to be self righteous.

It is not how YOU refer to them...it is how THEY want YOU to refer to them.

And the they? Not people of color, or colored people, or African Americans.....

The "they" are the self righteous assholes who are usually white and want to make everyone else look bad.

One day the left will get that.

The right? We got it.

Why do you use the term LBGT? Were you emailed or did you get a text?

I use the term because it is correct, just like I call people by their names because it is correct. No pressure just aware. Are you always this dense or are you pressured to be stupid?

you missed the point in an effort to be self righteous.

It is not how YOU refer to them...it is how THEY want YOU to refer to them.

And the they? Not people of color, or colored people, or African Americans.....

The "they" are the self righteous assholes who are usually white and want to make everyone else look bad.

One day the left will get that.

The right? We got it.

Nobody has ever said they did not want to be referred to as a person. Not sure why this is a problem for you.

I use the term because it is correct, just like I call people by their names because it is correct. No pressure just aware. Are you always this dense or are you pressured to be stupid?
But why do you use the term?

Do you use the term FSTS for people that are fat skinny tall or short?

You people make asses out of yourselves on this board,

I don't use the term, never have, doubt I ever will.

I use the term because it is correct,

Correct according to whom?

No pressure just aware.

Yet you are the one that brought up pressure.

Are you always this dense or are you pressured to be stupid?

I am not dense at all, I just have not experienced these things you all claim to be dealing with. I work with a gay woman who I did not even know was so until I met her wife, a year after we started working together. She just wants to be called her name, she does not need any other labels.

I don't use the term, never have, doubt I ever will.

Correct according to whom?

Yet you are the one that brought up pressure.

I am not dense at all, I just have not experienced these things you all claim to be dealing with. I work with a gay woman who I did not even know was so until I met her wife, a year after we started working together. She just wants to be called her name, she does not need any other labels.
So you are just being a dick, thanks for letting me know. He was using the term, LBGT and since he was using it, if He is going to use it, he should use it correctly otherwise he looks ignorant. If he wants to look ignorant, I’m okay with it.

Rather than the currently-preferred alphabet soup, I prefer to call such individuals, "sexual irregulars." It covers literally any variation on the theme, from homosexual to transvestite, and everything in between. It would only be offensive to someone who traffics in taking offense, a professional umbrage-taker.

Yes, let the bigotry flow through you.
It wasn't Leo or anyone on the right who came up with the Q for queer. The queers came up with that themselves. That's how they want to be identified. How is it bigotry when you refer to them they want to be referred to as?

Forum List

Back