I have a baby bird alone and weak in front of my door

This one night, I think it was in December, I was in my study reading some weighty tome - trying to forget something - I was nearly napping, when there came a rapping on my chamber door.

Long story short, it was this creepy raven. Wouldn’t shut up.

Thank you, I have to look to see if the bird's nest is around me if it's no I have to build a nest and in the video of the American laws we can not keep a wild animal without a license. European laws may be different?
And to take care of the bird you must have all the information to feed it well.

I want it to survive, that's what I have done today trying to save this little creature

You have to take it in and care for it. Feed it dog food. Keep it in a big box.

Canned dog food with a nail file. I raised a bird, a Jay tore apart their nest and killed all its siblings.
Thank you ,Marion Morrison but I have no dog food can I give it anything else?
Right now, I give her some small pieces of wet bread but she still has not eaten

You can't buy a can of dog food at the store? The bird really needs predigested worms. Who knows, maybe the Alpo will work. Probably not. I'd call a vet and ask their advice.
I thank you, anyway i said that Sunday the store is closed i will call the vet tomorrow Morning first thing

You have to take it in and care for it. Feed it dog food. Keep it in a big box.

Canned dog food with a nail file. I raised a bird, a Jay tore apart their nest and killed all its siblings.
Thank you ,Marion Morrison but I have no dog food can I give it anything else?
Right now, I give her some small pieces of wet bread but she still has not eaten

You can't buy a can of dog food at the store? The bird really needs predigested worms. Who knows, maybe the Alpo will work. Probably not. I'd call a vet and ask their advice.
I thank you, anyway i said that Sunday the store is closed i will call the vet tomorrow Morning first thing

I am impressed with the video of the baby food in a bag. Makes a lot of sense. Good luck. I'd try to find someone with a jar of protein baby food TODAY if you can. Worms are protein. Most regular baby food is FRUIT based I think.

Thank you, I have to look to see if the bird's nest is around me if it's no I have to build a nest and in the video of the American laws we can not keep a wild animal without a license. European laws may be different?

I want it to survive, that's what I have done today trying to save this little creature

Looks like you found a fledgling.

I hope the vids help with deciding what you should do. We both want the best for that little birdie. :)

On a cold night in late December of 2002, my wife found a bird just outside our door. We took her in, and did the best we could to care for her. She was injured, and cold, and hungry. I do not even remember, now, what we did to try to help this bird recover, but whatever we did must have been right, because now, fifteen and a half years later, we still have this bird. These picture, I took less than an hour ago.

According to an expert that we contacted about that time, this bird is a dove of a variety that was not found in the wild where we lived, but is fairly popular to keep as a pet; so this was probably someone else's pet who escaped, and then learned the hard way that she was not equipped to survive as a wild, free bird.

Yes, she does have a working left eye, though the picture of her left side makes it look like there's just a black hole there. The area around her left eye is rather badly scarred; that's where she was most injured when we found her she found us.

View attachment 200703 View attachment 200704 View attachment 200705
Thank you for sharing the story with us beautiful bird :thup:

I hope the vids help with deciding what you should do. We both want the best for that little birdie. :)

Thank you, I wanted to save this baby bird not for me but for her because she was alone tired and I can not just say that it's not my problem, I'm not indifferent to suffering like other idiots today
And I will make the right decision for the bird.

Thank you, I wanted to save this baby bird not for me but for her because she was alone tired and I can not just say that it's not my problem, I'm not indifferent to suffering like other idiots today

I have no doubt about you having a good heart.

I also learned a few things from the vids.
For instance.... I was going to suggest you chew a few worms before feeding them to the bird. I now know that might not be good for the bird.

We learn something new every day. :)

I have no doubt about you having a good heart.

I also learned a few things from the vids.
For instance.... I was going to suggest you chew a few worms and then feed it to the bird. I now know that might not be good for the bird.

We learn something new every day. :)

STFU, You earn the title of Kunt, Do not bother to ask why.

What made you think I’d care enough to ask?

Just chew up some worms and spit them in the bird's mouth. And when someone says "ooo, you have worm breath" just be proud you are providing a free healthcare option for the bird, NOT people. God forbid.

Honestly just call the SPCA or an animal sanctuary nearby if there are any.

I hope you know I was kidding about chewing worms, Dalia. I got that from an earlier post suggesting you feed it chewed worms.

Just chew up some worms and spit them in the bird's mouth. And when someone says "ooo, you have worm breath" just be proud you are providing a free healthcare option for the bird, NOT people. God forbid.

You're in a badly mood pretty cranky? What is going on ? we have SPCA here we are not cavemen

This morning I found at my door a little baby bird that was facing the wall and he was not moving.:(
I thought he was dead, but he moved a little bit.
I left the front door open and he came slowly to face the wall again.
I phoned my mother for advice because the poor little thing had been sick.
My mother said first give her a name she chose Fanny and after trying to give her water and breadcrumbs but she did not want to eat.
She stays face to the wall, I told her Fanny I'm going to take care of you so I took a piece of wet cotton-swab and I put it against her beak she took the water and she to drink.:)
I think she is gaining strength, and I put next to her crumbs of bread, she will not go Inside my home she is between two doors, I do not want to put it out because there are cats.

Do you have any advice to give me for the sake of this baby bird ?
Can you post a pic of the bird? What they can eat depends on the kind of bird. Food that is good for on bird is poison to another. Also, the age is important. Expect that it will die, but maybe not.
Here's Fanny,
View attachment 200765
I gave her dog food but she accepted the food only on the cotton-swab with water.
I put it in this little box for now, and I gave her water repeatedly mix with food.

The very short beak would indicate a seed eater.
I dont know how long you're supposed to feed em the high protein diet of worms before switching to berries,seeds and nuts.

This morning I found at my door a little baby bird that was facing the wall and he was not moving.:(
My mother said first give her a name she chose Fanny and after trying to give her water and breadcrumbs but she did not want to eat.
She stays face to the wall, I told her Fanny I'm going to take care of you so I took a piece of wet cotton-swab and I put it against her beak she took the water and she to drink.:)
I think she is gaining strength, and I put next to her crumbs of bread, she will not go Inside my home she is between two doors, I do not want to put it out because there are cats.

Can you post a pic of the bird? What they can eat depends on the kind of bird. Food that is good for on bird is poison to another. Also, the age is important. Expect that it will die, but maybe not.
Here's Fanny,
View attachment 200765
I gave her dog food but she accepted the food only on the cotton-swab with water.
I put it in this little box for now, and I gave her water repeatedly mix with food.

I dont know how long you're supposed to feed em the high protein diet of worms before switching to berries,seeds and nuts.
I do not know, but I think it's a baby but how much longer do I have to give him dog food?

Here's Fanny,
View attachment 200765

I do not know, but I think it's a baby but how much longer do I have to give him dog food?
3-4 mos. After that, it should be able to go out on its own.

STFU

Go suck ass, jackass. You know less about birds than you do about conservatives and politics.

How many have you raised and let go, cocksucker? None? That's just about the amount I figured.

STFU. Listen, bitch, if you have no knowledge on the subject, just STFU,k?

It ain't hard. I STFU on things I don't know about all the time.

Tell me exactly what in the fuck could possibly make you think you're an exception, motherfucker!

I have done this, and it's a very delicate situation

Vulgar, idiot, twit. Try following that video. Talk to an animal vet. You don't know shit about anything and fly off the handle out of control like the worst liberals over everything. Maybe you need lithium.

You know what? I don't need to, faggot. Because I'm from the actual world, and I have done this before, dumbass.

How many Mockingbirds have you raised , smartass? None?

That's right, STFU then.

I successfully raised a Mockingbird...with pictures..of me in my Star Trek shirt.

What's your claim to fame again? How many birds have you raised?
Damn...... what is it with you and the angry posts? Are you having a bad day?

You're in a badly mood pretty cranky? What is going on ? we have SPCA here we are not cavemen

Again, don't read such things into what you see online. It's text, it generally doesn't carry emotion with it as voice inflection does.

Here's Fanny,
View attachment 200765

Feed it canned dog food until it's ready to go.

Forum List

Back