I have a baby bird alone and weak in front of my door

She will need some kind of stick perch to keep her tail feathers out of poop.

I suggest lining the bottom with newspapers, and changing them daily.
I just give her more water she try to move a lttle she is very weak but she walk and look at me i just love the little thing
Maybe I could adopt her? i buy a cage and keep it?
But I think it would not work, i ask it is made to be free, right?

They are made to be free, but you could raise it.
Thank you, I feel that it will not die ... I hope I'm not mistaken, I have no experience with the care of birds so glad you could help me.:)
I continue to take care of her this little creature of god.
I was very attached to her in the space of a day:)

Keep in mind you could do everything right, and it still could die. Try and find something like a popsicle stick to feed it with. I used a metal nail file, if you have one, that did work.
I'm going to do my best, I have popsicle stick it's getting hot here so I have it in my freezer;)

Go to an outdoor store that sells bait.
They generally have those styrofoam containers with live worms.
Dump a little cornstarch in the worm dirt and you can keep em alive for extended periods.

I used to feed a half dozen toads on the back porch with em.
Funny as hell,as soon as I walked out on the porch in the evening they'd come a hoppen like a herd of cats at dinner time.

Keep in mind you could do everything right, and it still could die. Try and find something like a popsicle stick to feed it with. I used a metal nail file, if you have one, that did work.

That's true, especially if sick or injured. Tweezers work well too.

A birdie ?
200443178-001.jpg

Dump a little cornstarch in the worm dirt and you can keep em alive for extended periods.

Funny as hell,as soon as I walked out on the porch in the evening they'd come a hoppen like a herd of cats at dinner time.
Thank you, I will see to buy what you say or dog food.
I think worms are better for Fanny?

Thank you, I will see to buy what you say or dog food.
I think worms are better for Fanny?

Thats what Momma would feed em.
Unless she figured out how to use a can opener.......:04:

This morning I found at my door a little baby bird that was facing the wall and he was not moving.:(
I thought he was dead, but he moved a little bit.
I left the front door open and he came slowly to face the wall again.
I phoned my mother for advice because the poor little thing had been sick.
My mother said first give her a name she chose Fanny and after trying to give her water and breadcrumbs but she did not want to eat.
She stays face to the wall, I told her Fanny I'm going to take care of you so I took a piece of wet cotton-swab and I put it against her beak she took the water and she to drink.:)
I think she is gaining strength, and I put next to her crumbs of bread, she will not go Inside my home she is between two doors, I do not want to put it out because there are cats.

Do you have any advice to give me for the sake of this baby bird ?
Can you post a pic of the bird? What they can eat depends on the kind of bird. Food that is good for on bird is poison to another. Also, the age is important. Expect that it will die, but maybe not.

On a cold night in late December of 2002, my wife found a bird just outside our door. We took her in, and did the best we could to care for her. She was injured, and cold, and hungry. I do not even remember, now, what we did to try to help this bird recover, but whatever we did must have been right, because now, fifteen and a half years later, we still have this bird. These picture, I took less than an hour ago.

According to an expert that we contacted about that time, this bird is a dove of a variety that was not found in the wild where we lived, but is fairly popular to keep as a pet; so this was probably someone else's pet who escaped, and then learned the hard way that she was not equipped to survive as a wild, free bird.

Yes, she does have a working left eye, though the picture of her left side makes it look like there's just a black hole there. The area around her left eye is rather badly scarred; that's where she was most injured when we found her she found us.

ZSC_9523_1200x960.jpg
ZSC_9532_1200x960.jpg
ZSC_9520sq1K.jpg

This morning I found at my door a little baby bird that was facing the wall and he was not moving.:(
My mother said first give her a name she chose Fanny and after trying to give her water and breadcrumbs but she did not want to eat.
She stays face to the wall, I told her Fanny I'm going to take care of you so I took a piece of wet cotton-swab and I put it against her beak she took the water and she to drink.:)
I think she is gaining strength, and I put next to her crumbs of bread, she will not go Inside my home she is between two doors, I do not want to put it out because there are cats.

I raised a baby robin to adulthood many decades ago.

You'll need a bird cage.

You'll need to dig up worms or buy them at the fishing store. They worms come in pint cartons where they can live until you need them (for fishing or for feeding your bird).

You'll need to slice the worms small and feed them with tweezers to the bird.

It needs to be fed several times per day.

It will eventually grow up and then you can let it go into a nearby tree.

It will probably fly back down to you and perch on your head.

It then thinks you are its mother.

Some animal shelters will take the bird...

Can you post a pic of the bird? What they can eat depends on the kind of bird. Food that is good for on bird is poison to another. Also, the age is important. Expect that it will die, but maybe not.
Here's Fanny,
100_0655.JPG

I gave her dog food but she accepted the food only on the cotton-swab with water.
I put it in this little box for now, and I gave her water repeatedly mix with food.

Here's Fanny,
View attachment 200765
I gave her dog food but she accepted the food only on the cotton-swab with water.
I put it in this little box for now, and I gave her water repeatedly mix with food.
It's a European starling

Hope this helps:

What Do European Starlings Eat

BioKIDS - Kids' Inquiry of Diverse Species, Sturnus vulgaris, European starling: INFORMATION

Here's Fanny,
View attachment 200765
It's a European starling

Hope this helps:

What Do European Starlings Eat

BioKIDS - Kids' Inquiry of Diverse Species, Sturnus vulgaris, European starling: INFORMATION
Thank you, it's a very beautiful bird ... do you think I can keep this kind of bird at home?

You have to take it in and care for it. Feed it dog food. Keep it in a big box.

Canned dog food with a nail file. I raised a bird, a Jay tore apart their nest and killed all its siblings.
Thank you ,Marion Morrison but I have no dog food can I give it anything else?
Right now, I give her some small pieces of wet bread but she still has not eaten

You can't buy a can of dog food at the store? The bird really needs predigested worms. Who knows, maybe the Alpo will work. Probably not. I'd call a vet and ask their advice.

Forum List

Back