I have a baby bird alone and weak in front of my door

She does not want to drink milk only water, I just give her some more, she still remains the face to the cardboard in the corner but she moves a little more

Hope this helps...

When You Should—and Should Not—Rescue Baby Birds

synopsis - You have to determine if the bird is really in need or if it just looks that way. If the bird is fully feathered it has probably just been kicked out of the nest. The parents generally still keep an eye out and will feed the youngster for a while yet.

Can you place it in a tall shrub or branch of a tree? If that option is not realistic, and you fear for its safety from cats...avoid feeding, put in dark place, box with lid on and holes until you can contact a bird rescue society on Monday.

I too have successfully raised baby birds on foods other than their natural diet - but releasing them back into the wild with the skills necessary to survive is a challenge.

This is my bird:
tRLSNZx.jpg

This is me feeding my bird dog food with a nail file:

2SDv5LQ.jpg

She grew up some, and then one day this male bird came up to the window, and they started dancing on either side of it. I knew it was time to let her go then.

I took her onto the back porch..she flew off a little ways with him, but came in that night.

The next day I took her outside, and she flew off with that boy bird.

She came back a week later and landed on my shoulder. That was the last time I saw her.

She was a little bitty baby, and Jays had wrecked their nest in a tree in front of my friend's house is how I came to find her. Crying on the ground.

Pretty sure it's illegal to do what I did, but I don't care. :funnyface:

It was right to do what I did.

Last edited:
She grew up some, and then one day this male bird came up to the window, and they started dancing on either side of it. I knew it was time to let her go then.

I took her onto the back porch..she flew off a little ways with him, but came in that night.

She came back a week later and landed on my shoulder. That was the last time I saw her.

She was a little bitty baby, and Jays had wrecked their nest in a tree in front of my friend's house is how I came to find her. Crying on the ground.

you and birds...lol youre like ace ventura

you and birds...lol youre like ace ventura

I do what I do, baby. :)

My neighbor is not at home, he's coming back tonight for 8 o'clock i was told, I'm going to ask him at that moment. i keep on given her water she still stay in the corner , she such a little beautiful thing

Hope this helps...

synopsis - You have to determine if the bird is really in need or if it just looks that way. If the bird is fully feathered it has probably just been kicked out of the nest. The parents generally still keep an eye out and will feed the youngster for a while yet.

Can you place it in a tall shrub or branch of a tree? If that option is not realistic, and you fear for its safety from cats...avoid feeding, put in dark place, box with lid on and holes until you can contact a bird rescue society on Monday.

I too have successfully raised baby birds on foods other than their natural diet - but releasing them back into the wild with the skills necessary to survive is a challenge.
Hello SeaGal, the little one with all her feathers we have bamboos and also some trees around but I think I have to keep her with me until the morning to see more she seems to be gaining strength and I'm going to feed her tonight with the dog food

You have to take it in and care for it. Feed it dog food. Keep it in a big box.

Canned dog food with a nail file. I raised a bird, a Jay tore apart their nest and killed all its siblings.
Thank you ,Marion Morrison but I have no dog food can I give it anything else?
Right now, I give her some small pieces of wet bread but she still has not eaten
Bread will probably kill it.

Does it have feathers?

You can get enough dog food to feed it for a week for $.50.

You have to take it in and care for it. Feed it dog food. Keep it in a big box.

Canned dog food with a nail file. I raised a bird, a Jay tore apart their nest and killed all its siblings.
Thank you ,Marion Morrison but I have no dog food can I give it anything else?
Right now, I give her some small pieces of wet bread but she still has not eaten
Bread will probably kill it.

Does it have feathers?

You can get enough dog food to feed it for a week for $.50.
Yes, she as feathers, i get dog food tonight buy some more tommorow it is in euro here no problem with that;)

She will need some kind of stick perch to keep her tail feathers out of poop.

I suggest lining the bottom with newspapers, and changing them daily.

I just give her more water she try to move a lttle she is very weak but she walk and look at me i just love the little thing
Maybe I could adopt her? i buy a cage and keep it?
But I think it would not work, i ask it is made to be free, right?

I just give her more water she try to move a lttle she is very weak but she walk and look at me i just love the little thing

They are made to be free, but you could raise it. I always knew mine would go someday, and she did.

Last edited:
Hope this helps...

Hello SeaGal, the little one with all her feathers we have bamboos and also some trees around but I think I have to keep her with me until the morning to see more she seems to be gaining strength and I'm going to feed her tonight with the dog food

Good luck. Will be interested in hearing how it goes. :)

They are made to be free, but you could raise it.
Thank you, I feel that it will not die ... I hope I'm not mistaken, I have no experience with the care of birds so glad you could help me.:)
I continue to take care of her this little creature of god.
I was very attached to her in the space of a day:)

They are made to be free, but you could raise it.
Thank you, I feel that it will not die ... I hope I'm not mistaken, I have no experience with the care of birds so glad you could help me.:)
I continue to take care of her this little creature of god.
I was very attached to her in the space of a day:)

Keep in mind you could do everything right, and it still could die. Try and find something like a popsicle stick to feed it with. I used a metal nail file (as pictured), if you have one, that did work.

Last edited:
Hope this helps...

Good luck. Will be interested in hearing how it goes. :)
Thank you, i will do my best to make her survive, i realize that i have a very big heart
I said that Fanny make me notice it even more .

Forum List

Back