I have no doubt that Kamala Harris will win the Popular Vote - but I worry about the Electoral College Vote.

Maybe you could explain to IM2 that also his state governor and legislature is elected by popular vote within his state? That the EC electors are determined by the popular vote within each state? And the dogcatcher probably isn't elected at all but is hired by a Mayor and City Council that are also elected by popular vote within that city?

All the EC does is ensure that every state will have at least some meaningful vote for who will be President of the whole country instead of a few large population areas being able to decide that for everybody.

I do worry bout Harris winning the popular vote and getting screwed like Clinton. We can't afford that now.
We can't afford groceries now, or car insurance, or housing, or electricity, or anything for sale in stores...

Maybe you could explain to IM2 that also his state governor and legislature is elected by popular vote within his state? That the EC electors are determined by the popular vote within each state? And the dogcatcher probably isn't elected at all but is hired by a Mayor and City Council that are also elected by popular vote within that city?

All the EC does is ensure that every state will have at least some meaningful vote for who will be President of the whole country instead of a few large population areas being able to decide that for everybody.
I don't need this explained to me. The president should be elected by the vote of the people. Not electors That's democracy and if trump was to lose after winning the popular vote, we'd never hear the end of it from those like you. Furthermore, if that was to happen you would definitely see republicans pushing to end the electoral college and YOU would be one of them.

Besides ,it is in the Constitution.

We can't afford groceries now, or car insurance, or housing, or electricity, or anything for sale in stores...
I can. And we'd be paying the same prices if Trump was president, maybe more.

So? The electoral college has allowed a few rural states to control elections. It was NOT created for the reasons yOu state.

If LA County has that population, then the candidate should make the effort to win that country.
A few rural states do not control elections. Each state controls its own elections via popular vote. All the EC does is ensure every state will have a voice in who will be President of the whole country. And the President/Vice President are the ONLY officials affected by the EC because they are the ONLY officials who represent the whole country instead of any individual state.

Large population states have an advantage because they have more electors. But the EC insures that ALL states at least have a say in who the President of the whole country will be. A few heavily populated cities/market areas should not have the sole authority to decide who will be President of everybody else.

1728675165713.png

I don't need this explained to me. The president should be elected by the vote of the people. Not electors That's democracy and if trump was to lose after winning the popular vote, we'd never hear the end of it from those like you.
Yeah. That's the hypocrisy at the core of pretty much anything regarding election rules. There are no principles involved. Just winning more power for "your side".
Furthermore, if that was to happen you would definitely see republicans pushing to end the electoral college and YOU would be one of them.
Yep. And Democrats would be defending it.

Flippin' and floppin'.

I don't need this explained to me. The president should be elected by the vote of the people. Not electors That's democracy and if trump was to lose after winning the popular vote, we'd never hear the end of it from those like you. Furthermore, if that was to happen you would definitely see republicans pushing to end the electoral college and YOU would be one of them.
I doubt you have the mental ability to even understand why a few large population centers should not have have sole authority to choose who will be President for the whole country. Do have a lovely afternoon.

A few rural states do not control elections. Each state controls its own elections via popular vote. All the EC does is ensure every state will have a voice in who will be President of the whole country. And the President/Vice President are the ONLY officials affected by the EC because they are the ONLY officials who represent the whole country instead of any individual state.

Large population states have an advantage because they have more electors. But the EC insures that ALL states at least have a say in who the President of the whole country will be. A few heavily populated cities/market areas should not have the sole authority to decide who will be President of everybody else.
The electoral college needs to be abolished. Each state has 2 senators regardless of population. They have house represetatves from districts in their states both rural and urban. So then what you re sying is really weak.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back