I havent been in this situation at all in my working life but why do people give someone money who gets a new job???

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
Someone is leaving for a higher paying job and I am supposed to give them money? For what? Someone help me to understand

This has happened on previous jobs and I thought someone on here could tell me why
beings its a private collection the reason could vary from case to case,,

prolly best to ask them instead of asking people that dont stand a chance at giving you anything but a made up answer,,

beings its a private collection the reason could vary from case to case,,

prolly best to ask them instead of asking people that dont stand a chance at giving you anything but a made up answer,,
It seems to be the norm when someone gets a new job

well maybe its a black thing

You'd have had your answer in the first comment if you included that in your original statement they were black

Is the person collecting the money black? Is so then I would wager 40 or 50% of the donations will go in their pocket before it ever makes it to the person it's supposed to. They are probably taking up a collection so they can keep part of it.

If the person getting the money is black they spent last week or two trying to make people feel sorry for them by going on and on about how expensive moving is, or that there will be a gap in pay, or their kids need something and so on. All so people would fork over some cash.

Someone is leaving for a higher paying job and I am supposed to give them money? For what? Someone help me to understand
Tell him to screw... Give him a $2 well wishing card and tell him keep in touch.

I've gone through the same thing at jobs where people run around collecting for funerals of people that they know or supposedly that we both know. I don't mind pitching in for someone I've known for years but lately people are asking for donations for the maid's second cousin's aunt's grandfather...... There is a reasonable limit.

Forum List

Back