I hope they throw the book at her

I take it as being about an allegedly free and open democratic society, one of those lofty real ones where dissent is allowed. Or perhaps not so much. How's about that topic.

What's the title of this thread?

What are we talking about? Whether she should be able to or have the book thrown at her for doing so? Maybe?

Now you're getting it.

You just got it love, sheesh.

You are the one who was talking about ME standing for the anthem! :lol:

Well is it ultimately about all of us as a society and our freedom to question the system, or is it just about "these people"?

"These people just don't realize how good they have it here in America."

That's all you right there darling.

:cuckoo:
[

Another one with no clue of the UCMJ.

So you think she couldn't be court martialed for this? :cuckoo:
She will most likely get a OTH discharge....but you might want to look up what a General Court Martial is all about.....this case, my silly-none-serving-friend, does not warrant a General Court Martial and all that entails.
standing for the anthem is her duty! she failed her duty.

It is' nota duty, its a custom or protocol. But if she was ordered to stand by her superior officers or non coms, she is subject to discipline under the UCMJ. Of course, the Commander- in-Chief is Obama. He can pardon her on his way out the door.

Nota duty?

It's a standing order

"An order that remains in force until specifically changed or withdrawn, especially one relating to military or parliamentary procedure."

standing order

She will most likely get a OTH discharge....but you might want to look up what a General Court Martial is all about.....this case, my silly-none-serving-friend, does not warrant a General Court Martial and all that entails.

OTH will properly fuck her for life.

Still, the act and political activism could well result in courts martial.
Or she'll gain fame and fortune for standing up to the military-industrial complex and one day have boulevards named after her.

what does free and opened society have to do with a person ---active in the USA Navy----dressed in uniform---refusing to stand for the National anthem? Her action was rude and vulgar-----kinda like a loud smelly fart whilst the pope blesses
a crowd

She thought herself clever....now she finds herself in a world of hurt. A finished career at the very least

she would be a HYPOCRITE if she wanted to stay in the
Navy-----maybe she wants OUT

She may as well get out, she's finished. I'm a Navy brat I know how it will pan out. What a stupid bitch

sheeesh I knew you are a brat-----but had no idea a NAVY BRAT

Proud daughter of a US Naval MCPO.
Sure.

Navy Sailor Refuses to Stand During National Anthem

This one is dumb as shit. She should get maximum penalty.
The reason so many of us go into the military is to protect the constitutional rights of people to protest. It's sad you don't see it that way. One wonders if you ever actually were in the military or if you understood what the military means to America.
Bullshit. Literally not one person has ever joined the military for the purpose of protecting people's right to protest. What a silly thing to say. You're kinda dumb.

Yeah really, it's all bullshit when they say the military is out there protecting the freedoms we have at home.
what is it they're protecting being in harms way and all?

This one is dumb as shit. She should get maximum penalty.[/QUOTE]
The reason so many of us go into the military is to protect the constitutional rights of people to protest. It's sad you don't see it that way. One wonders if you ever actually were in the military or if you understood what the military means to America.[/QUOTE]
Bullshit. Literally not one person has ever joined the military for the purpose of protecting people's right to protest. What a silly thing to say. You're kinda dumb.[/QUOTE]

Yeah really, it's all bullshit when they say the military is out there protecting the freedoms we have at home.[/QUOTE]
what is it they're protecting being in harms way and all?[/QUOTE]

You're lookin' for GODBOY SAID: bub, ask him.

:cuckoo:
[

Another one with no clue of the UCMJ.

So you think she couldn't be court martialed for this? :cuckoo:

It is' nota duty, its a custom or protocol. But if she was ordered to stand by her superior officers or non coms, she is subject to discipline under the UCMJ. Of course, the Commander- in-Chief is Obama. He can pardon her on his way out the door.

Nota duty?

It's a standing order

"An order that remains in force until specifically changed or withdrawn, especially one relating to military or parliamentary procedure."

standing order
ah, my 'exactly' button again. gawd I want one of those on here.

Or she'll gain fame and fortune for standing up to the military-industrial complex and one day have boulevards named after her.

In the ghetto like all the MLK streets are?

The reason so many of us go into the military is to protect the constitutional rights of people to protest. It's sad you don't see it that way. One wonders if you ever actually were in the military or if you understood what the military means to America.
Bullshit. Literally not one person has ever joined the military for the purpose of protecting people's right to protest. What a silly thing to say. You're kinda dumb.
sure they have. That's a ridiculous statement to make. What do you think freedom is?

I can see it now...

Janaye Ervin, formerly known as Pennslyvania Ave, Washington DC

In the ghetto like all the MLK streets are?

Most likely, the denialists would never challenge the mythology. You're free to cling to your Jefferson Davis and Nathan Bedford Forrest monuments.

I can see it now...

More apt to be an ally in Detroit

Yeah really, it's all bullshit when they say the military is out there protecting the freedoms we have at home.

Bullshit. Literally not one person has ever joined the military for the purpose of protecting people's right to protest. What a silly thing to say. You're kinda dumb.[/QUOTE]

Yeah really, it's all bullshit when they say the military is out there protecting the freedoms we have at home.[/QUOTE]
what is it they're protecting being in harms way and all?[/QUOTE]

You're lookin' for GODBOY SAID: bub, ask him.[/QUOTE]
The reason so many of us go into the military is to protect the constitutional rights of people to protest.

You're exactly right, however, that doesn't include those in service. D'OH they abide by different laws and rules and one is sworn on the day of service. To not comply to that is a dereliction of duty. sorry pal.[/QUOTE]

Apparently the young lady in question does not recognize your "authority".

I can see it now...

More apt to be an ally in Detroit

Cool.

sure they have. That's a ridiculous statement to make. What do you think freedom is?

Freedom is not for those who serve.

The reason so many of us go into the military is to protect the constitutional rights of people to protest.

You're exactly right, however, that doesn't include those in service. D'OH they abide by different laws and rules and one is sworn on the day of service. To not comply to that is a dereliction of duty. sorry pal.

:cuckoo:So you think she couldn't be court martialed for this? :cuckoo:

Nota duty?

It's a standing order

standing order
ah, my 'exactly' button again. gawd I want one of those on here.
Ok. it is cited in Navy reg 1205. So she did disobey that regulation and is subject to article 92 UCMJ.

So now, all our enemies have to do in combat scenarios is to play the national anthem. When our troops, or sailors turn to face and salute the flag…it will be like shooting ducks in a barrel…

Forum List

Back