I hope they throw the book at her

Here is the statement she made about it. I can understand her frustration, but refusing to stand for the anthem of your country is not really protesting police actions.

I don't think she is a bad person. She seems pretty cool, but she also seems a little confused. We ALL have the same rights in this country. If some police abuse their power, that is bad, but you should still show some respect for your country and the freedoms that you do have. Things could be a lot worse.

My fellow Americans,

I have been proudly serving in the US Navy Reserve Force since November 2008. I have pledged to support and defend the Constitution of the United States and to spread freedom and democracy around the world. I will never waver from that pledge. On September 19,2016, while in uniform, I made the conscious decision to not stand for the Star Spangled Banner because I feel like a hypocrite, singing about "land of the free" when, I know that only applies to some Americans. I will gladly stand again, when ALL AMERICANS are afforded the same freedom. The Navy has decided to punish me for defending the Constitution and has taken away my equipment I need to do my Naval job. It was my pleasure serving my country, I love it dearly, that is why I must do this for you. I will keep you all posted on what happens next!

Makes perfect sense to me, no one asked you not to stand.

The thread is not about ME. It is about this woman who did refuse to stand. Stay on topic.

I take it as being about an allegedly free and open democratic society, one of those lofty real ones where dissent is allowed. Or perhaps not so much. How's about that topic.

Here is the statement she made about it. I can understand her frustration, but refusing to stand for the anthem of your country is not really protesting police actions.

I don't think she is a bad person. She seems pretty cool, but she also seems a little confused. We ALL have the same rights in this country. If some police abuse their power, that is bad, but you should still show some respect for your country and the freedoms that you do have. Things could be a lot worse.

My fellow Americans,

I have been proudly serving in the US Navy Reserve Force since November 2008. I have pledged to support and defend the Constitution of the United States and to spread freedom and democracy around the world. I will never waver from that pledge. On September 19,2016, while in uniform, I made the conscious decision to not stand for the Star Spangled Banner because I feel like a hypocrite, singing about "land of the free" when, I know that only applies to some Americans. I will gladly stand again, when ALL AMERICANS are afforded the same freedom. The Navy has decided to punish me for defending the Constitution and has taken away my equipment I need to do my Naval job. It was my pleasure serving my country, I love it dearly, that is why I must do this for you. I will keep you all posted on what happens next!

The thread is not about ME. It is about this woman who did refuse to stand. Stay on topic.

I take it as being about an allegedly free and open democratic society, one of those lofty real ones where dissent is allowed. Or perhaps not so much. How's about that topic.

What's the title of this thread?

My fellow Americans,

she seems like a jerk to me------I served in the navy and do
not recall a PLEDGE to spread American ideology around
the world. -----

Anyone who questions is a jerk to you.

My fellow Americans,

What are we talking about? Whether she should be able to or have the book thrown at her for doing so? Maybe?

My fellow Americans,

the world. -----

Why does she sound like a jerk?

she lied----there is no OATH TO SPREAD THE AMERICAN WAY OF LIFE OVER THE GLOBE---on entering the Navy.
FURTHERMORE-----not standing for the USA national anthem has nothing to do with the fact of INJUSTICE---either in the USA or in any other part of the world. FURTHERMORE----
as she wears the uniform of the USA---she has agreed to its
RULES and SHE REPRESENTS THE NAVY (make that USA NAVY)

My fellow Americans,

the world. -----

your remark it idiotic---------really stupid and baseless

My fellow Americans,

What are we talking about? Whether she should be able to or have the book thrown at her for doing so? Maybe?

Now you're getting it.

My fellow Americans,

the world. -----

your remark it idiotic---------really stupid and baseless
it it?

Now you're getting it.

You just got it love, sheesh.

My fellow Americans,

the world. -----

Why does she sound like a jerk?

she lied----there is no OATH TO SPREAD THE AMERICAN WAY OF LIFE OVER THE GLOBE---on entering the Navy.
FURTHERMORE-----not standing for the USA national anthem has nothing to do with the fact of INJUSTICE---either in the USA or in any other part of the world. FURTHERMORE----
as she wears the uniform of the USA---she has agreed to its
RULES and SHE REPRESENTS THE NAVY (make that USA NAVY)

Stop getting so angry! Good Lord.

My fellow Americans,

what does free and opened society have to do with a person ---active in the USA Navy----dressed in uniform---refusing to stand for the National anthem? Her action was rude and vulgar-----kinda like a loud smelly fart whilst the pope blesses
a crowd

Now you're getting it.

You just got it love, sheesh.

You are the one who was talking about ME standing for the anthem! :lol:

My fellow Americans,

what does free and opened society have to do with a person ---active in the USA Navy----dressed in uniform---refusing to stand for the National anthem? Her action was rude and vulgar-----kinda like a loud smelly fart whilst the pope blesses
a crowd

She thought herself clever....now she finds herself in a world of hurt. A finished career at the very least

My fellow Americans,

a crowd

She thought herself clever....now she finds herself in a world of hurt. A finished career at the very least

she would be a HYPOCRITE if she wanted to stay in the
Navy-----maybe she wants OUT

a crowd

She may as well get out, she's finished. I'm a Navy brat I know how it will pan out. What a stupid bitch

a crowd

She may as well get out, she's finished. I'm a Navy brat I know how it will pan out. What a stupid bitch

sheeesh I knew you are a brat-----but had no idea a NAVY BRAT

a crowd

Proud daughter of a US Naval MCPO.

a crowd

Proud daughter of a US Naval MCPO.

gee----that was my daddy's rank ---during world war II-----before I was born----he was out before I was born----I ain't
no brat

Forum List

Back