I hope they throw the book at her

Ervin says she lost her security clearance and was threatened with jail by the Navy in response to her actions.

She may as well quit, she has zero future in the Navy now

They should formally discharge her as dishonorable.
You have no clue what it takes to get a dishonorable discharge because you never served.

Navy Sailor Refuses to Stand During National Anthem

This one is dumb as shit. She should get maximum penalty.
The reason so many of us go into the military is to protect the constitutional rights of people to protest. It's sad you don't see it that way. One wonders if you ever actually were in the military or if you understood what the military means to America.

If you were ever in the military you'd know when you're ordered to do something you fucking do it.
Funny thing is...you were never in the military.

She will sue and the ACLU will back her, and the Southern Poverty Law Group.
Sue?

:cuckoo:
Every military member signs a contract which forbids them to sue the military. Ignorant people love to comment on shit that they have no business commenting on.

What contract is that?

She may as well get out, she's finished. I'm a Navy brat I know how it will pan out. What a stupid bitch

sheeesh I knew you are a brat-----but had no idea a NAVY BRAT

Proud daughter of a US Naval MCPO.

gee----that was my daddy's rank ---during world war II-----before I was born----he was out before I was born----I ain't
no brat

I'm very proud of both my father's service and my grandfather's service, Rtd USAF Lt Col. SALUTE!!!!!!!

DAMN!!! a commissioned officer-------SHEEEESH (I always felt like giggling when I tried to salute

Sue?

Every military member signs a contract which forbids them to sue the military. Ignorant people love to comment on shit that they have no business commenting on.

What contract is that?

LOL

thanks.

I do have to wonder though, about all of these people so incensed that a person of color isn't standing for the national anthem but who were perfectly okay with criminals in Montana raising arms against federal troops.

just saying....
Those who bring color into it are what they are, ignorant morons (the open and closet racists), as for this situation I don't care what color she was, she signed enlistment papers and swore an oath (binding contracts), failure to comply with all terms of those contracts is punishable.
In this instance refusing to stand would most likely result in an Article 15, failure to stand if directly ordered at that moment is a whole different ball of wax which would result in a Courts Martial which would most likely end up with a dishonorable discharge and possibly jail time. The military doesn't take kindly to personnel who refuse a lawful order.

but ignoring color as an issue is wishful thinking. the reality is she has a gripe about serving her country while people who look like her are shot for no reason.

and you can't argue that the people whining about her are mostly the same ones who were screeching that it was ok for the Montana boys to raise arms against our federal officers. and ignoring the fact that color is a factor seems willfully blind.

The Montana boys weren't in the military and if they had fired ONE shot they would have been taken down hard. There is no analogy here, period.

If the montana boys were black, red, or brown they'd be dead rather than celebrated in certain quarters. You're right, no analogy at all, not even close.

You sound like a racist piece of shit.

Sue?

What contract is that?
What, you want the name of it? I've got no idea. It's one of the hundreds of signatures you have to give in boot camp.

The reason so many of us go into the military is to protect the constitutional rights of people to protest. It's sad you don't see it that way. One wonders if you ever actually were in the military or if you understood what the military means to America.

If you were ever in the military you'd know when you're ordered to do something you fucking do it.

no matter what the order? want to try that again?

I will. You will obey every and all LAWFUL orders.

Like subjects.

Like members of the armed forces are trained to do. Disobeying a lawful order could get you and your fellow warriors killed.

Sue?

What contract is that?
What, you want the name of it? I've got no idea. It's one of the hundreds of signatures you have to give in boot camp.
DD Form 4, if I am correct.

I know that. but what regulation requires her to stand for the anthem? and is that, in fact, a lawful order?

again, I assume these issues will be addressed and I do assume she'll face charges. the question then becomes does she get punished.

and if that is what she wishes to do to take a stand, then can we stop her? she's placed herself in harms way for the country. is it too much to ask that people who look like our troops don't get shot down for no reason?
Article 1205.

http://www.public.navy.mil/surfor/documents/united_states_navy_regulations_chapter_12.pdf

thanks.

I do have to wonder though, about all of these people so incensed that a person of color isn't standing for the national anthem but who were perfectly okay with criminals in Montana raising arms against federal troops.

just saying....
Those who bring color into it are what they are, ignorant morons (the open and closet racists), as for this situation I don't care what color she was, she signed enlistment papers and swore an oath (binding contracts), failure to comply with all terms of those contracts is punishable.
In this instance refusing to stand would most likely result in an Article 15, failure to stand if directly ordered at that moment is a whole different ball of wax which would result in a Courts Martial which would most likely end up with a dishonorable discharge and possibly jail time. The military doesn't take kindly to personnel who refuse a lawful order.

but ignoring color as an issue is wishful thinking. the reality is she has a gripe about serving her country while people who look like her are shot for no reason.

and you can't argue that the people whining about her are mostly the same ones who were screeching that it was ok for the Montana boys to raise arms against our federal officers. and ignoring the fact that color is a factor seems willfully blind.

but ignoring color as an issue is wishful thinking.

Not as far as that charge goes

Sue?

What contract is that?
DD Form 4, if I am correct.
Yup, it's DD Form 4.

http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/forms/eforms/dd0004.pdf
dd0004.pdf

Sue?

What contract is that?

Yes well I don't remember, but all I know is the ACLU and SPLC always have to stick their nose into everything, for our personal civil rights. She should be reprimanded.

[

Actually no. That sounds like Hitler's military, which I suspect you were alway very proud of.

Me, personally, I would never sit during the National Anthem. But I'm not black. And if I were black and what seemed like every week, another unarmed black American was being shot and killed by police then I'm not sure what is "right". Here is a black American who knows that she could go home on leave, wear civilian clothes, walk around outside and be shot by the police simply for being black.

RDerp, if you were in the military, that was WWI - right?

You would have been shot for doing what she did.

Blanket party at minimum

Bullshit. Literally not one person has ever joined the military for the purpose of protecting people's right to protest. What a silly thing to say. You're kinda dumb.
So they don't pledge to uphold the constitution?

Funny thing is...you were never in the military.

Unlike YOU I never claimed I was ya lying old dyke

Forum List

Back