I like Gorsuch........I hope he doesn't get the job

If Gorsuch were filling a vacancy during Trumps term, I would support his nomination. He seems like a straight shooter, with strong values, even if they are conservative

But since he is filling a vacancy that occurred during Obama's term, I urge Democrats to take every available action to block filling the vacancy

/---- What the hell difference does it make when a seat was vacated? The three branches of Government are independent. Do you even understand how our government works? Geeeeze what a glittering jewel of colossal ignorance.

That's exactly the way I felt last year when the seat became open. However, the republicans have blocked any efforts to fill that seat for a year. They set the precedent. No need to rush into anything at this point.

If Gorsuch were filling a vacancy during Trumps term, I would support his nomination. He seems like a straight shooter, with strong values, even if they are conservative

But since he is filling a vacancy that occurred during Obama's term, I urge Democrats to take every available action to block filling the vacancy

/---- What the hell difference does it make when a seat was vacated? The three branches of Government are independent. Do you even understand how our government works? Geeeeze what a glittering jewel of colossal ignorance.

The difference is that precedence has been broken. The filling of seats is now political and not Constitutional

He's a Trumpite....saying all the shit they want here and then doing the opposite, dem's don't fall for it.

The difference is that precedence has been broken. The filling of seats is now political and not Constitutional

Biden broke the precedent. Give credit where credit is due.

Yeah, we wouldn't want a well qualified, honorable, ethical man to fill a judgeship vacancy that occurred in an election year. Of course if the hildabitch had won she would be filling it. Of course we all know, well qualified, honorable and ethical means nothing to her.

We've gotten by for a year. What's the rush?

If there were a rush he would have been confirmed the day after he was nominated.

Yeah, we wouldn't want a well qualified, honorable, ethical man to fill a judgeship vacancy that occurred in an election year. Of course if the hildabitch had won she would be filling it. Of course we all know, well qualified, honorable and ethical means nothing to her.

If there were a rush he would have been confirmed the day after he was nominated.

I expect the republicans will be able to force their wishes through on this, but there is no reason to make it easy for the cheating bastards.

Go ahead and try to block him. The dems have already set the precident of changing the rules. The Republicans will change the rules to allow a 51 vote confirmation. And if they don't they are being stupid, because the dems will change the rule if the shoe is ever on the other foot.

Lmao Fuck what best for the country, it's all about what's best for the party, right?

Exactly...that is the way filling Supreme Court vacancies used to work. If the guy or woman was qualified, they got near unanimous bipartisan approval

But the filling of vacancies is now about politics. Since Trump will be a one term President, there is no urgency to fill the seat.

Yeah you know who started shit storms when it came to filling judicial vacancies, hint, it wasn't republicans. The Republican gave you dear leader a nomination on a person who never held a judgeship, would you call that qualified for SCOTUS?

I like Brussels sprouts but I still make em even thought the wife won't touch em........ :eusa_whistle:

Love Brussels sprouts. I don't know why most ppl hate them.

Last edited:

Support for political over National interests. Couldn't be stated more clearly and honestly. Nasty, but at least honest.
Where was your honesty when choosing a user-name?

You act like this has never happened before, there's only one vacancy that has been filled in an election year for the past 80+ years and that vacancy opened late in the year before.

I'm not going to spend my time figuring out what to make of the man. He's almost certain to get confirmed because there's no way to credibly say he's not qualified, I have no vote in the Senate, so that's that. Moving on....

Your a victim of the Biden rule. Kinda sucks when your own people are the ones pissing in your cheerio's.

The filibuster is still in force for SCOTUS appointments.

I expect the republicans will be able to force their wishes through on this, but there is no reason to make it easy for the cheating bastards.

You're nothing but a hypocritical sore loser, with an emphasis on loser.

Republicans have already set a President has only three years to appoint judges precedent
They have set an 8 judges is good enough precedent
Make them take it to the next level and go nuclear option

Lmao Fuck what best for the country, it's all about what's best for the party, right?
Best for the country?

Our political system moved past that eight years ago

Your a victim of the Biden rule. Kinda sucks when your own people are the ones pissing in your cheerio's.

The filibuster is still in force for SCOTUS appointments.

Did Gorsuch make any gaffes or controversial statements during the hearings, or did he have a strong performance? If you answer latter then dems will have to vote him in.

You're nothing but a hypocritical sore loser, with an emphasis on loser.

And you know how much I value your opinion.

Forum List

Back