I like Gorsuch........I hope he doesn't get the job

If Gorsuch were filling a vacancy during Trumps term, I would support his nomination. He seems like a straight shooter, with strong values, even if they are conservative

But since he is filling a vacancy that occurred during Obama's term, I urge Democrats to take every available action to block filling the vacancy
I like Brussels sprouts but I still make em even thought the wife won't touch em........ :eusa_whistle:

Love Brussels sprouts. I don't know why most ppl hate them.
Dunno, but then again the wife loves salmon, I hate salmon.........

If Gorsuch were filling a vacancy during Trumps term, I would support his nomination. He seems like a straight shooter, with strong values, even if they are conservative

But since he is filling a vacancy that occurred during Obama's term, I urge Democrats to take every available action to block filling the vacancy

I have no problem with Gorsuch. Go ahead and confirm him.

Support for political over National interests. Couldn't be stated more clearly and honestly. Nasty, but at least honest.
Where was your honesty when choosing a user-name?
Exactly

That is now the process for filling SCOTUS vacancies. Competency and need to have a full court is no longer a priority

Go ahead and try to block him. The dems have already set the precident of changing the rules. The Republicans will change the rules to allow a 51 vote confirmation. And if they don't they are being stupid, because the dems will change the rule if the shoe is ever on the other foot.

They don't need to change the rules to get a 51 vote confirmation. Remember rule 19?

Lmao Fuck what best for the country, it's all about what's best for the party, right?
Best for the country?

Our political system moved past that eight years ago

So you admit obozo has been a cancer to our Republic. Finally something we can agree on.

Your a victim of the Biden rule. Kinda sucks when your own people are the ones pissing in your cheerio's.

The filibuster is still in force for SCOTUS appointments.

Did Gorsuch make any gaffes or controversial statements during the hearings, or did he have a strong performance? If you answer latter then dems will have to vote him in.

No. He's made it clear how he feels about all the major issues long before the hearings. His silly performance means nothing..

Your a victim of the Biden rule. Kinda sucks when your own people are the ones pissing in your cheerio's.

Did Gorsuch make any gaffes or controversial statements during the hearings, or did he have a strong performance? If you answer latter then dems will have to vote him in.
What does competency have to do with getting a Supreme Court seat

This is about politics

Gorsuch: "Trump's attack on judges is disheartening and demoralizing. "

That will piss off the orange clown. Will he now withdraw his nomination?
Ha ha

There are ways around it within the current rules.

/---- What the hell difference does it make when a seat was vacated? The three branches of Government are independent. Do you even understand how our government works? Geeeeze what a glittering jewel of colossal ignorance.

The difference is that precedence has been broken. The filling of seats is now political and not Constitutional
Well that's true...but Gorsuch is ok...I don't think the RussianWrs will be all that pleased with him.....which I like.

Lmao Fuck what best for the country, it's all about what's best for the party, right?
Best for the country?

So you admit obozo has been a cancer to our Republic. Finally something we can agree on.

That's the way it worked in 2009. As soon as Obama became President, he was treated like a cancer by Republicans
The fact that our nation was engaged in two wars and we were bordering a depression had no bearing on Republicans putting aside partisan politics for the good of the country

It lasted up until his last year when Republicans refused to consider Garland

Well lets look at it:

There is a vacancy

Trump is president

Therefore according to your own reasoning you need to support gorsuch

I like Brussels sprouts but I still make em even thought the wife won't touch em........ :eusa_whistle:

I love me some salom. Here's a tip for the Brussels sprouts: they're great with a little parmigiano sprinkled on them. You probably know that already, but just in case you haven't tried the combination, I thought I'd advise you to try it.

So you don't have a reason. It's just a petty get back.

Best for the country?

One of the few accurate statements you have ever made. obummer, your hero, was very much anti American, and very, very much the globalist. Pretty much every policy he had was globalist agenda over Nation. Good for you.

I love me some salom. Here's a tip for the Brussels sprouts: they're great with a little parmigiano sprinkled on them. You probably know that already, but just in case you haven't tried the combination, I thought I'd advise you to try it.
Malted vinegar. :thup:

/---- What the hell difference does it make when a seat was vacated? The three branches of Government are independent. Do you even understand how our government works? Geeeeze what a glittering jewel of colossal ignorance.

The difference is that precedence has been broken. The filling of seats is now political and not Constitutional
Well that's true...but Gorsuch is ok...I don't think the RussianWrs will be all that pleased with him.....which I like.
Gorsuch seems like a decent man....so was Garland

But what does that have to do with filling seats

Support for political over National interests. Couldn't be stated more clearly and honestly. Nasty, but at least honest.

that whole 'political' cry comes full circle at the point of SCOTUS affecting policy, so you can pat yourself on the back for not caring about 'politics' aka that which affects policy, while also disconnecting said policy from 'national interest'.?? how does that work?

Gorsuch seems like a decent man....so was Garland

But what does that have to do with filling seats

"Elections have consequences"

images

So you don't have a reason. It's just a petty get back.
It's not petty

It's just an acknowlegement of the new norm in selecting justices

Competency is not an issue
Partisan politics will decide if and when a vacancy will be filled

Forum List

Back