I love it! CHURCH VOWS WAR ON OBAMA 'FIGHT IN STREETS'

Apparently you have never met a devout Catholic...

I have cousins that are older than I am that are openly virgins and proud of it...

Your talking about Opus Dei here....

Most are like Tim Tebow..

They take religion very seriously....

My family doesn't use birth control or would EVER think of having an abortion. You know why that is? because the majority don't have sex before marriage.

They wait until they're married, then have lots of kids.

My family is truly a devout catholic family.... Many would find the use of a condom to be a sin...

Honestly I think it's kind of funny.... I always tell my mother that its funny they hold onto their virginity forever, get married then fuck like rabbits and have 10 kids a pop. :lol:

Of course we're all not like that, I have a couple of male cousins that "swayed" but the females are all like the Virgin Mary..

No one's asking them to alter their beliefs, just provide the means so that others can make their own PRIVATE decisions.

Well...they still can.

If the Hospital does not offer benefits that pay for contraception, they can opt to not work for that hospital.

I have been a recruiter for years...I have had many people turn down opportunities based on the benefits offered...not just healthcare...but retirement plans, vacation days allowed, etc.

So how is it affecting freedom of choice?

Sorry...that is a bad argument.

So businesses should just be able to ignore the laws that apply to them, because people can choose not to work there? That's idiocy.

Try to stick to the issue at hand, please.

Says the idiot who invoked abortion into a subject that has nothing to do with it.

Once again. It isn't illegal to not provide birth control to your employees. This is a NEW law that is meant to exert control over the church by the government.

Bullshit. You really think this was about the church? Get over yourself. This is about employment law and health care access. Stop playing the victim card, it's pathetic.

Even what you were saying were true, by your own admission the 1st amendment does not give you the right to violate the law. So this isn't a first amendment issue anymore, because the law has been established. Of course, your analysis is based on a complete lack of understanding of the 1st amendment. But the fact of the matter is that you can't come up with any logically consistent or factually accurate position. All you can do is sit back and cry.

Fuck it. Fuck Obama, and fuck the baby killing eugenecists that support this sort of tyranny and oppression.

No, fuck you and stupid twats like you who think that the whole entire world is supposed to sit back and just give you whatever you want, just because you want it. Fuck you for thinking that people should have to subscribe to your religious precepts, and for you wanting to force those ideas upon the rest of the public.

Lol..now I can relax and watch the hysterical anti-Chrisitian, anti-female meltdown. The basic hatred of females and God that is the core of every extremist progressive on earth...

what you just said is that American Muslim men should be allowed to stone their women to death, despite US Law.

It's just stupid.

Your post is amazingly fucking stupid, even for a leftist.

Obama fucked up, he tried to revoke the first amendment, a stupid move 7 months before the election.

My post is absolutely relevant.

what you just said is that American Muslim men should be allowed to stone their women to death, despite US Law.

It's just stupid.

They are allowed to.

But the law says, reagrdless of religion, they cannot harm them or murder them.

They want to stone them?

Go right ahead....just dont murder them or harm them.

Jarhead, please dude. Lemme know when stoning a woman isn't harming her.

lol......I know...

But you missed my point.

The law is not that one cant stone a woman. There is no law that mentions stoning.

The law is that one cannot harm or kill another human being for any reason whatsoever.

SO stone her all you want....just donmt harm her or kill her.

It is the same thing as with this debate.

The law is not that the CHurch must offer contraception to employees that wish...

The law will be that all insurance companies must offer it in their plan.

I dont.

But I do believe that when a US law usurps a religious law, it warrants a hearty and honest debate before it is passed.

And here we are debating it, yet all the while the church is exempt and only must offer it to those who DONT BELIEVE what they believe, because they decided to RUN A BUSINESS, thus are subject to Business Law and EVEN SO are being offered an exemption, how nice.

Those people are free to seek employment elsewhere. No one is forced to work for the Church. Catholic or non-Catholic.

The Catholic Church isn't forced to open secular businesses either.

It's just stupid.

We see this regularly. What is meant is free exercise of Christianity.

Fail. All around. You compare restrictions on what foods are consumed to murdering Women by stoning them? Where is your Principle? You know Criminal Acts are not protected under Religion. Theft, Murder, Fraud , are Prosecutable Offenses.

You expect rational from the irrational?

the insurance only gives them the option if they so wish to partake.

The option shouldn't be available - it goes against Catholic law.

We have a First Amendment...

Then why do Catholics use birth control/

I don't know any that do...

Practicing Catholics WILL NOT...

I can't speak for other Christian denominations - Catholics don't.

Catholics DO NOT USE BIRTH CONTROL and if one does then they ARE NOT A CATHOLIC...

It's just stupid.

Your post is amazingly fucking stupid, even for a leftist.

Obama fucked up, he tried to revoke the first amendment, a stupid move 7 months before the election.

My post is absolutely relevant.

No, it's "incredibally" ignorant. To coin a phrase.

Also effective..."Yore stoopid". Please use that one next...

And here we are debating it, yet all the while the church is exempt and only must offer it to those who DONT BELIEVE what they believe, because they decided to RUN A BUSINESS, thus are subject to Business Law and EVEN SO are being offered an exemption, how nice.

Those people are free to seek employment elsewhere. No one is forced to work for the Church. Catholic or non-Catholic.

Yes, we are. We are bound by our duty as Christians to live according to Christ's example. He healed the sick - so do we. He taught the uneducated - so do we. He fed the hungry - so do we. Where He walked, we follow. I know you don't understand it.... but your lack of understanding does not make us wrong. It does make you very narrow in your thought, no more than that.

No one's asking them to alter their beliefs, just provide the means so that others can make their own PRIVATE decisions.

Well...they still can.

If the Hospital does not offer benefits that pay for contraception, they can opt to not work for that hospital.

I have been a recruiter for years...I have had many people turn down opportunities based on the benefits offered...not just healthcare...but retirement plans, vacation days allowed, etc.

So how is it affecting freedom of choice?

Sorry...that is a bad argument.

So businesses should just be able to ignore the laws that apply to them, because people can choose not to work there? That's idiocy.

Idiocy?

No.

Serious reading comprehension issues by NYCarbineer?

Yes.

I did not say businesses should ignore anything...What I said was that if the law doesnt pass....those individuals that work for a Catholic Hospital that want to get a discount on contraception, can get a job elsewhere.

That is where freedom of chocie exists.

They are allowed to.

But the law says, reagrdless of religion, they cannot harm them or murder them.

They want to stone them?

Go right ahead....just dont murder them or harm them.

Jarhead, please dude. Lemme know when stoning a woman isn't harming her.

lol......I know...

But you missed my point.

The law is not that one cant stone a woman. There is no law that mentions stoning.

The law is that one cannot harm or kill another human being for any reason whatsoever.

SO stone her all you want....just donmt harm her or kill her.

It is the same thing as with this debate.

The law is not that the CHurch must offer contraception to employees that wish...

The law will be that all insurance companies must offer it in their plan.

I got your point, but it didn't redirect mine, which is that there ARE US laws which supercede Religious laws, and that does not violate the 1st amendment.

This law is a law pertaining to employers and employees.

Employers must follow the law.

If such things as Muslim schools and hospitals, etc., exist, they must also follow the laws governing employer/employee relationships.

The Catholic church is being an ass.

Catholics DO NOT USE BIRTH CONTROL and if one does then they ARE NOT A CATHOLIC...

so catholics who sin cease to be catholics? incredible.

Yes, we are. We are bound by our duty as Christians to live according to Christ's example. He healed the sick - so do we. He taught the uneducated - so do we. He fed the hungry - so do we. Where He walked, we follow. I know you don't understand it.... but your lack of understanding does not make us wrong. It does make you very narrow in your thought, no more than that.

That bears repeating.

Well I know of several so it is their choice

"Jefferson wanted to avoid establishing a state religion run by Parliament that had the power to manipulate the spiritual for the sake of the secular. That is exactly what Obama proposes to do in this case: dictate to the Catholic Church and its organizations that its doctrine on contraception, abortion, and sterilization are incorrect and force them to fund those practices that violate their most deeply held beliefs on the sanctity of life, all to satisfy Obama’s political needs."

Sharpton: Obama needs to dictate to the Catholic Church to maintain separation of church and state, or something « Hot Air

the "morning after" pill will kill a fertilized egg.......that is the beginning of life according to the Church...

it takes 5-7 days for an egg to be fertilized.

BULLSHIT!! Got some PROOF for that ridiculous claim?

He was both right - and wrong.

The fastest sperm can get to a fallopian tube is about 30 minutes, meaning that the quickest conception could occur following sex is in the half-hour range [source: WebMD]. This means that, following sex, the egg could be fertilized before you've gotten up to get a drink of water.
Conception can occur as many as five days after sex or possibly longer, as strong, healthy sperm can survive for about that many days (and perhaps even longer) in the supportive environment of the fallopian tubes as they wait for an egg to be released, if one isn't already present [source: Harms].

This law is a law pertaining to employers and employees.

Employers must follow the law.

If such things as Muslim schools and hospitals, etc., exist, they must also follow the laws governing employer/employee relationships.

The Catholic church is being an ass.

Here is a law dummy - It's called the First Amendment...

Forum List

Back