I probably won't vote this year

I wasn't going to vote in 2016, but then Trump revealed in a debate that Hillary was in favor of partial-birth abortion. I felt I had to vote for Trump after learning that.

In 2020, I voted for Trump because he had come through on Supreme Court appointments which ultimately led to the repeal of the infamous decision Roe v. Wade.

But now, it appears, that Trump thinks he no longer needs the votes of pro-lifers. Vance announced Trump would veto if there was any attempt to outlaw abortion at the federal level.

So, I'm staying home this election.
Just stay home period. You have no place in civilized society.

But now, it appears, that Trump thinks he no longer needs the votes of pro-lifers. Vance announced Trump would veto if there was any attempt to outlaw abortion at the federal level.

What a fool. Trump takes a more moderate stance to help buoy his chances for broader support by taking away the left's "extremist" argument against him so he can get elected and you throw him to the dogs increasing the chances of the people who you know support abortion right up till birth of getting elected instead.

Sad.

Last edited:
I wasn't going to vote in 2016, but then Trump revealed in a debate that Hillary was in favor of partial-birth abortion. I felt I had to vote for Trump after learning that.

In 2020, I voted for Trump because he had come through on Supreme Court appointments which ultimately led to the repeal of the infamous decision Roe v. Wade.

This is the most ridiculous argument I've ever read for not voting. Trump put the conservative judges on the bench that upheld the decision to overturn Roe v Wade. This was accomplished by making the point that the decision belongs at the state level. No court will ever rule that abortion be illegal at the federal level. This is why Trump says he'll veto it. It would be an incredibly unpopular decision and he'd never win the presidency. You're taking away a vote from the man that will help you up hold the decision to over turn Row v Wade and helping the party that will bring it back. Make the smart decision and vote Trump.

That's the problem when you only have two choices.

With Proportional Representation you'd have more choices on election day, proper choices.

Sorry to hear that because it will be your fault if we get a Marxist totalitarian government next year or as a result of that election.

Trump agrees with the Supreme Court that the Constitution gives absolutely no authority to the federal government to regulate or ban or do anything else re something like abortion. He remains pro life to the core but believes the people in the various states are the ones with authority to regulate it. That allows a state to be as restrictive or lenient as it chooses with hopefully most settling on common sense laws that protect the mother, the unborn, and the doctors. Before Roe v Wade was revoked on the concept of no federal authority existing to regulate abortion, no state was allowed much control at all.

Kamala Harris is on the record that she thinks abortion should be unrestricted everywhere and ANY restriction is wrong.
So Trump is all for saving the babies, unless it costs him votes somewhere.

Come on, Foxy, Reagan and Bush might have been blowing smoke up your ass, but at least they were intellectually consistant.

This is the most ridiculous argument I've ever read for not voting. Trump put the conservative judges on the bench that upheld the decision to overturn Roe v Wade. This was accomplished by making the point that the decision belongs at the state level. No court will ever rule that abortion be illegal at the federal level. This is why Trump says he'll veto it. It would be an incredibly unpopular decision and he'd never win the presidency. You're taking away a vote from the man that will help you up hold the decision to over turn Row v Wade and helping the party that will bring it back. Make the smart decision and vote Trump.

Except there's nothing to keep Congress from banning abortion nationally, now that Roe is out of the way.

But Trump will "veto" the bill. Or so he says.

Forum List

Back