I support 8.25/hour national minimum wage(house republicans do it!)

I support minimum wage of 4.50 per hour.

Perhaps that will motivate people to actually improve themselves.

You are judging people without even knowing their situation.
Actually, I am not.

A school kid making 4.50 an hour is just gravy for their desires. They have no need to make more than that, and if they do, the experience will give them a leg up.

A person who has been working for minimum wage for 10 years, however; has other problems beside the wage earned. I don't really care what that problem is, as long as they find some way to improve themselves. Or not. It is totally up to them.

I will not punish an entire country for a few who cannot find the motivation to get ahead.

Actually, I am not.

A school kid making 4.50 an hour is just gravy for their desires. They have no need to make more than that, and if they do, the experience will give them a leg up.

A person who has been working for minimum wage for 10 years, however; has other problems beside the wage earned. I don't really care what that problem is, as long as they find some way to improve themselves. Or not. It is totally up to them.

I will not punish an entire country for a few who cannot find the motivation to get ahead.

Okay, working for the same wage for ten years is not what anyone wants to do, unless its a good wage, but if its minimum wage, obviously you would want more. But you need to consider that if a person requests a pay rise, they might not get one, and have to settle with what they have. There are not jobs on every street corner, you know.

I am sure that people do the best they can with what they have. Asking for assistance is nothing to be ashamed of. Living on assistance of decades is not something to be proud of, but then, I don't know what your situation is and I am not going to judge.

Actually, I am not.

Okay, working for the same wage for ten years is not what anyone wants to do, unless its a good wage, but if its minimum wage, obviously you would want more. But you need to consider that if a person requests a pay rise, they might not get one, and have to settle with what they have. There are not jobs on every street corner, you know.

I am sure that people do the best they can with what they have. Asking for assistance is nothing to be ashamed of. Living on assistance of decades is not something to be proud of, but then, I don't know what your situation is and I am not going to judge.
You don't get a pay raise by asking for one from a place that has jobs that require minimal skills. Jobs pay what they pay on the basis of the value they return to the company.

If someone wants a pay raise, they have to take that into their own hands by getting more experience, more education, or by taking a chance and taking a job or jobs in many different areas of the economy to improve their worth.

It is only through improvement of worth does one get more money for their labor.

An employee makes most of the revenue for a company. Fast food, for example, we serve customers, upsell etc - we sell the food, we make the money. Yet over there, your workers are paid nothing, when they bring in millions in revenue every year. The store owner couldn't manage the business alone, so why not pay the employees what they are worth - because as you say, if they are worth what the basis of what they bring to the company, they should be paid a lot more.

Better yet, I 'd require these corporations to pay only 30 times the pay for their ceo to lowest paid employee. This would be better as it would spread the monetary resources to the workers. I'd only do it on corporations making more than 5 billion/year.

No more golden parachutes for the bastards.

Also, I am not against 10.10 per hour. ;) Just that we might not get it with the republicans and all.

Last edited:
An employee makes most of the revenue for a company. Fast food, for example, we serve customers, upsell etc - we sell the food, we make the money. Yet over there, your workers are paid nothing, when they bring in millions in revenue every year. The store owner couldn't manage the business alone, so why not pay the employees what they are worth - because as you say, if they are worth what the basis of what they bring to the company, they should be paid a lot more.

I guess I have to ask why do you think the average US worker is poor and cannot live in society?

What are you buying in to? Different regions and you must remember the US is a huge country have different wage issues. The west is experiencing a huge boom in the Dakotas for example and the Walmarts are paying 18 dollars an hour just as an entry level job.

So I'm not understanding your blanket statement because basically there can't be one for the states.

I guess I have to ask why do you think the average US worker is poor and cannot live in society?

What are you buying in to? Different regions and you must remember the US is a huge country have different wage issues. The west is experiencing a huge boom in the Dakotas for example and the Walmarts are paying 18 dollars an hour just as an entry level job.

So I'm not understanding your blanket statement because basically there can't be one for the states.

Since when does Walmart pay so much? If they paid $18 an hour for an entry level job, why are so many complaining?

Better yet, I 'd require these corporations to pay only 30 times the pay for their ceo to lowest paid employee. This would be better as it would spread the monetary resources to the workers. I'd only do it on corporations making more than 5 billion/year.

No more golden parachutes for the bastards.

Also, I am not against 10.10 per hour. ;) Just that we might not get it with the republicans and all.

Holy toledo Matthew. I'm pissed off at some of the wages as well but that is not for us nor the government to decide. Only the shareholders.

You start to get into who deserves what for pay and you are opening Pandora's Box my friend. And that's never a good thing.

Since when does Walmart pay so much? If they paid $18 an hour for an entry level job, why are so many complaining?

Just south of me in the Dakotas there is a huge boom going on. Walmart is paying really high wages to go along with the party.

It's great. :eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Sigh. For all the people that don't beleive that the Keystone will generate jobs they should really take a good look at the Dakotas right now.

Because what counts is the spinoffs. Ok. Think about it. A boom town right? Guys working on a pipeline want pizza on a Friday night right? All of a sudden local pizza maker is making a fortune, hiring 15 extra staff and paying good money for his help to compete with the coffee truck dude who's paying his staff higher wages too.

Every gets the boom. Now of course it's not going to last forever, and then everything and everyone balances out, but the boom the big boom happens and places and people come alive and if they are smart they hold on to what they've got.

You must be working for a chain then. I've done so many jobs I can feel so many's pain. :D

If you are that good as a server can you not get into a high end restaurant and up yourself on bonuses?

I guess the one thing I am asking here as well Noomi having been such a maverick myself in everything I have done, do you beleive in everyone working hard or slow getting the same wage?

Do you see where I am going here?

If you are a rocker and I bet you are do you have a slacker on your shift? Should that slacker get what you do in shared tips?

See this is where I draw the line. Don't get me wrong here. I do believe that everyone on this planet deserves a decent basic wage because not everyone can be like me.

Crap. Tthat doesn't sound good does it? And I don't mean it to sound that way.Sheesh. I'll run the dog and explain.

You must be working for a chain then. I've done so many jobs I can feel so many's pain. :D

If you are that good as a server can you not get into a high end restaurant and up yourself on bonuses?

I guess the one thing I am asking here as well Noomi having been such a maverick myself in everything I have done, do you beleive in everyone working hard or slow getting the same wage?

Do you see where I am going here?

Plenty of restaurants here, but one thing everyone wants is experience working in one. Experience as a waitress, even as a kitchen hand. If you don't have that experience, they don't want to know you. So you have tons of folks willing to do the work, but employers who can't be stuffed training anyone how to peel potatoes - and I am dead serious. Employers have gotten so darned lazy here. They complain about not having anyone wanting to work for them, but they ignore the hundreds of people who want to work, but happen to not have the skills in waitressing, or coffee making. Or even because someone hasn't completed the tenth grade.
And you can't work for free here, unless its work experience, which is mainly for school students.

I see where you are heading, yes. But I also see tons of jobs around here that I and others could do, if someone spent a few hours showing us the ropes, that are being held from us because no one is willing to give anyone a chance.

And lets not get into the age curse, either. God. If I had known how hard it was to find another job at my age (30)...

If you are a rocker and I bet you are do you have a slacker on your shift? Should that slacker get what you do in shared tips?

See this is where I draw the line. Don't get me wrong here. I do believe that everyone on this planet deserves a decent basic wage because not everyone can be like me.

Crap. Tthat doesn't sound good does it? And I don't mean it to sound that way.Sheesh. I'll run the dog and explain.

Plenty of slackers on shift. They get paid the same, assuming they are the same age as me, but if they fuck up, they lose hours. Two people were recently told that if they didn't shape up, they would lose hours.

My hours have increased, so I must be doing something right.

Plenty of slackers on shift. They get paid the same, assuming they are the same age as me, but if they fuck up, they lose hours. Two people were recently told that if they didn't shape up, they would lose hours.

That you must. You must be doing something right but truly you've thrown a few spanners in the works for me with your profile of how the restaurant business works down there.

I've been a bus boy in the days no one sweated being a girl called a bus boy waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in time when I was a baby of 12 working at a place called the Jet in Hamilton Ontario for my mom's friend. I was enthralled with having my first job. 3 bucks an hour. But the staff at the time I guess looking back in time were so happy because in the early 60's they were making whoa geeze 10 dollars plus an hour so that comparitively was a big wage. But this was a big successful restaurant and consequently Mrs. Bater gave out the money because she believed in team.

She hired me because of her connection with my mom but thankfully I lived up to expectations and I just adored being able to get my little paycheck at the end of a weekend. I was of course going to school at the same time and I was a dancer in a Ukrainian dance troupe so part time it was.

Here is what you see in a good owner/boss/employer. At the end of the year for me, just this kid who showed up to work on time, with a smile and thrilled at being part of this crew called the Jet, Mrs. Bater had held back part of my pay to match with a bonus and I got a check of a thousand dollars.

She set the standard for me. Employer. Employee. Just words. We were family. She died a few years back. I flew in to say goodbye. I owed her so much.

Sadly we don't seem to have that around these days. So we have to make our ways differently. If you have the where with all though Noomi and you seem like such a special lass is there not one way you can elevate yourself in the business?

That you must. You must be doing something right but truly you've thrown a few spanners in the works for me with your profile of how the restaurant business works down there.

I've been a bus boy in the days no one sweated being a girl called a bus boy waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in time when I was a baby of 12 working at a place called the Jet in Hamilton Ontario for my mom's friend. I was enthralled with having my first job. 3 bucks an hour. But the staff at the time I guess looking back in time were so happy because in the early 60's they were making whoa geeze 10 dollars plus an hour so that comparitively was a big wage. But this was a big successful restaurant and consequently Mrs. Bater gave out the money because she believed in team.

She hired me because of her connection with my mom but thankfully I lived up to expectations and I just adored being able to get my little paycheck at the end of a weekend. I was of course going to school at the same time and I was a dancer in a Ukrainian dance troupe so part time it was.

Here is what you see in a good owner/boss/employer. At the end of the year for me, just this kid who showed up to work on time, with a smile and thrilled at being part of this crew called the Jet, Mrs. Bater had held back part of my pay to match with a bonus and I got a check of a thousand dollars.

She set the standard for me. Employer. Employee. Just words. We were family. She died a few years back. I flew in to say goodbye. I owed her so much.

Sadly we don't seem to have that around these days. So we have to make our ways differently. If you have the where with all though Noomi and you seem like such a special lass is there not one way you can elevate yourself in the business?

I would LOVE to elevate myself within the business. At my old store I used to get asked time and again why I wasn't a manager, and I told those kids that I wasn't because I wasn't permitted to be. Being partially dead, I can't always understand people, or use the head sets they use for the drive thru. All managers are required to use them - so that eliminates me entirely.
Also prevents me taking a job as a receptionist, for example.

You sound like you had an awesome relationship with your first employer. I wish there were people like her around, people would be so much happier in their jobs.

The local TAFE (training facility) is opening up personal training courses soon. I'll do one of those and become a personal trainer. :)

Employers have been exploiting entry level workers for a decade. Time to adjust the wage to where it should be

Raise it a dollar an hour per year till it reaches $15.....then tie it to inflation without the need for Cogressional action

Small increments sounds like a good idea.

zero sounds like a good idea

So says your stupid overpaid ex-government contractor ass.

Where did you get this strawman, "ex-government contractor?" :cuckoo:

Inner city teenage unemployment is 50%. Who needs jobs more? You have no soul, there's just a heartless void of greed. No one pays people what they are not worth. Everyone pays them what they are worth, the market sets that rate. Why do you hate poor people that you would deny them employment? You're way beyond naive, you're one sick bastard.

Forum List

Back