I support 8.25/hour national minimum wage(house republicans do it!)

The current national minimum wage is 7.25/hour. I am asking the house republicans to put forward a bill to raise that a full dollar to 8.25/hour for the federal minimum wage. I am NOT talking about 10.10/hour that the democrats want. I am talking about getting caught up a little with the times.

Can we do this? We're the wealthiest nation on earth, but yet we're losing our middle class so fast it is down right scary.

Out of curiousity, how did you arrive at the number that anyone not worth $8.25 an hour should be prohibited by government with force from working?

The current national minimum wage is 7.25/hour. I am asking the house republicans to put forward a bill to raise that a full dollar to 8.25/hour for the federal minimum wage. I am NOT talking about 10.10/hour that the democrats want. I am talking about getting caught up a little with the times.

Can we do this? We're the wealthiest nation on earth, but yet we're losing our middle class so fast it is down right scary.

What times are those?

Small increments sounds like a good idea.

zero sounds like a good idea

It's been at $7.25 for the last 5 years. Geez.

Which is $7.25 too much.

I don't know which idea is more naive. That businesses will pay someone $7.25 not worth $7.25, or someone will take a job for less than they can get elsewhere. Why do you suppose low end workers are too stupid to take a job for $7.25 if they can get more elsewhere? What interest is served if they can't by denying them work?

The minimum wage is one of the most singularly evil programs in the Federal government. It only harms people while accomplishing nothing.

Still too low, but if would make a huge difference to employees to get a little extra.

zero sounds like a good idea

Which is $7.25 too much.

I don't know which idea is more naive. That businesses will pay someone $7.25 not worth $7.25, or someone will take a job for less than they can get elsewhere. Why do you suppose low end workers are too stupid to take a job for $7.25 if they can get more elsewhere? What interest is served if they can't by denying them work?

The minimum wage is one of the most singularly evil programs in the Federal government. It only harms people while accomplishing nothing.

There are many minimum wage jobs which require a lot more work than simply sitting in an office.

Oregon has a $9/hour minimum wage. So the argument that it kills business doesn't work.

Well Oregon also had to pass laws like not being able to pump your own gas in an attempt to keep those jobs they priced out of the market. So the prices just went up to reflect that reality.

Which is $7.25 too much.

There are many minimum wage jobs which require a lot more work than simply sitting in an office.

Um...ok? Is there a point to this?

I'd like to see it raised a dollar an hour till it reaches $15 an hour then automatically tie it to inflation

7 something or 8 something an hour is not much of a difference. If one works 80 hours per week at that wage that still isn't enough to pay one bill and provide food. Minimum wage jobs are designed for kids only or those that perhaps have zero interests and for some sickening reason like to work for a pittance. I don't see what raising it is going to do. 8.25 an hour is still something that one isn't really getting paid for.

7 something or 8 something an hour is not much of a difference. If one works 80 hours per week at that wage that still isn't enough to pay one bill and provide food. Minimum wage jobs are designed for kids only or those that perhaps have zero interests and for some sickening reason like to work for a pittance. I don't see what raising it is going to do. 8.25 an hour is still something that one isn't really getting paid for.

The problem with $8 an hour is that once it is raised, Republicans will sit on their hands for another ten years before they consider raising it again

Needs to go up to $15 an hour to make up for a wage that has been stagnant for the last decade

Sometimes people don't have a choice but to take a minimum wage job. Its not as easy as people like to think to get skilled - it costs time and money, which people don't have, otherwise they wouldn't be working minimum wage!

No way I am eating fast food again if the minimum wage increases to $10

One problem I have with minimum wage. And making it to a point where there is no incentive to do better.

Please hear me out.

When my marriage crashed and burned and I lost everything I had from my rock days I took a job cleaning bird cages and other shit at this pet store.

I never knew budgies had perches that needed to be parellel to the ground and those first poor souls were on a tilt.

I made horrible money. But they offered me a commission if I sold, Being me, within a few years I was the highest paid in the business. I sold over 50 grand a month and we are talking hamster food and dog toys along with top notch breeds . I became the best. Why? Because I had to. And I got my big percentage of this.

I wasn't going to settle for this payment that I got. I don't understand people who do. Why do people settle for less?

Why do people just let other people pay for their lives? I find it disturbing.

I beleive everyone can suceed. I believe everyone can overcome whatever hell they have been thru. I have.

Minimum wage. Kiss my ass. If that's all you want to get to is a paltry 15 bucks an hour, well then stay there I guess.

For the rest of you. Dream on. Rock it. Set your sights higher. You can do it.

I support an end to any product "Made in China" and let free market set wage for US workers.

Forum List

Back