🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I think I am done with MLB for good.

He broke the rules while a manager of a team, it was against the rules and the arrogant bastard thought nothing wrong. Yet, by laws told him what the penalty was. He wasn't ignorant about the rules, he was arrogant.

He broke the rules while a manager of a team, it was against the rules and the arrogant bastard thought nothing wrong. Yet, by laws told him what the penalty was. He wasn't ignorant about the rules, he was arrogant.

Yeah he did all that, and you left out that he lied about it for years. All bad stuff.

But that's got nothing to do with the records he had already set as a player before then.

Yeah he did all that, and you left out that he lied about it for years. All bad stuff.

But that's got nothing to do with the records he had already set as a player before then.

Obviously, baseball disagrees with your opinion.

Obviously it does. That's because MLB is first and foremost a business. As anyone who's ever had to go to them hat in hand for access to their "product" is well aware. And business means PC politics bullshit.

Nevertheless, the fact that he set those records, that's not opinion, it's fact. The disingenuous part comes when MLB pretends by implication that that never happened by using a HOF as a punitive device. I'd go so far as to say the Hall should be independent of MLB for this reason. MLB has in effect conflicts of interest.

Obviously it does. That's because MLB is first and foremost a business. As anyone who's ever had to go to them hat in hand for access to their "product" is well aware. And business means PC politics bullshit.

Nevertheless, the fact that he set those records, that's not opinion, it's fact. The disingenuous part comes when MLB pretends by implication that that never happened by using a HOF as a punitive device. I'd go so far as to say the Hall should be independent of MLB for this reason. MLB has in effect conflicts of interest.

Just your opinion, and it really doesn't matter. Baseball is bigger than you, you can go fuck off and they wouldn't care. I don't think he should be recognized because he compromised the principle and the game.

If you can just erase records, there is no integrity. As I have stated repeatedly, fine his butt and not just a slap on the wrist, but you can't just pretend he never existed.

Immie

There is no integrity in records that result from cheating. :eusa_whistle:

Fruit of a poisoned vine...

Then you may as well close all the stadiums, pack up all the bases, balls, gloves, bats & cleats and sit down and play Bingo, because the game is meaningless. It is as much of a joke as NCAA football after they tossed all of Joe Paterno's wins.

Unkatore, who the hell is Rosie Ruiz?

Immie

Still not following you.

What if Rodriguez had never existed, never played baseball...would we still have to close the stadiums?

So what difference would it make if they made it as though he never played?

None at all.

Cheat...and it's like you never existed.

Seems like a fitting testimony.

There is no integrity in records that result from cheating. :eusa_whistle:

Fruit of a poisoned vine...

Then you may as well close all the stadiums, pack up all the bases, balls, gloves, bats & cleats and sit down and play Bingo, because the game is meaningless. It is as much of a joke as NCAA football after they tossed all of Joe Paterno's wins.

Immie

Still not following you.

What if Rodriguez had never existed, never played baseball...would we still have to close the stadiums?

None at all.

The problem is that he did play and his accomplishments stand. He broke a rule that is as moronic as the US laws against pot and no, I do not smoke pot, never have, never will, but the laws against it are just plain stupid... The same as this MLB rule. A-Rod and those who made the choices he made are not stupid. They know full well the risks they are taking. It should not be up to the greedy bastards in the front office to play nanny state dictators here.

And I am fine with applying a great big asterisk beside every one of his records. Let history's readers determine whether or not he deserved his accolades.

Immie

Last edited:

Immie

Still not following you.

None at all.

The problem is that he did play and his accomplishments stand. He broke a rule that is as moronic as the US laws against pot and no, I do not smoke pot, never have, never will, but the laws against it are just plain stupid... The same as this MLB rule. A-Rod and those who made the choices he made are not stupid. They know full well the risks they are taking. It should not be up to the greedy bastards in the front office to play nanny state dictators here.

And I am fine with applying a great big asterisk beside every one of his records. Let history's readers determine whether or not he deserved his accolades.

Immie

I can't agree here; his accomplishments don't "stand" when they're artificially enhanced by substances without which at least some of those accomplishments would not have happened -- nor might he have got as much playing time as he did from that enhanced performance, and thus he has an unfair advantage over an equivalent but unjuiced player.

Here's a reaction from a player who was in competition with one of the suspended players in Spring Training:

>> "Hey Antonio Bastardo, remember when we competed for a job in 2011. Thx alot." Meyer added later, "Never said I was good enough, but what about the players that never got their chance? Their lives could have been completely different." << (source)

As for steroids being no more harmful than pot, talk to Barry Bonds and his shrinking gonads about that...

look, baseball hasn't been baseball since they fucked with the mound in what 66, 67? But, I was willing to forgo that....... then came the roid era, its all a joke, who does, who doesn't, when we find out , how long between incidents......

its hard for me at least to beleive but, a real prick like albert belle may have been the last really great non juiced hitter....:doubt:

Still not following you.

None at all.

Immie

I can't agree here; his accomplishments don't "stand" when they're artificially enhanced by substances without which at least some of those accomplishments would not have happened -- nor might he have got as much playing time as he did from that enhanced performance, and thus he has an unfair advantage over an equivalent but unjuiced player.

Here's a reaction from a player who was in competition with one of the suspended players in Spring Training:

>> "Hey Antonio Bastardo, remember when we competed for a job in 2011. Thx alot." Meyer added later, "Never said I was good enough, but what about the players that never got their chance? Their lives could have been completely different." << (source)

As for steroids being no more harmful than pot, talk to Barry Bonds and his shrinking gonads about that...

Nowhere did I say that steroids were no more harmful than pot. Just correcting your mistake there for others who read this. I did say the nanny statist in the front office have no business, well, being nanny statists.

As for his accomplishments... well, I suspect if you dig deep enough you will find out that a lot of those who have not been accused are very likely guilty as well. Who's records remain and who's get expunged? Is the only reason A-Rod was targeted was his salary issues and the fact that the front office is in cahoots with Yankees management? Did Bonds and Mac piss someone off in the front office? If not, would this scandal have ever been brought public? For some reason, I doubt it.

Immie

Forum List

Back