I think I might be done with the Catholic Church...

The Catholic Church is not Christianity; it didn't even exist at the time Jesus lived. It's just another huge power structure which tends to attract corrupt people and corrupt people who gain some power within it.
You can keep telling yourself that, as I have noticed you doing for quite some time. You are mistaken, of course.

Whatever. I understand history, human nature and the tendencies of large bureaucracies. I am also able to separate the power structure from religion. The former is not necessary to hold beliefs in the latter.

The Catholic Church is not Christianity; it didn't even exist at the time Jesus lived. It's just another huge power structure which tends to attract corrupt people and corrupt people who gain some power within it.
You can keep telling yourself that, as I have noticed you doing for quite some time. You are mistaken, of course.

Um, you have noticed there are a lot of other churches out there besides the Catholic Church which also worship Christ as the Messiah and Son of God, right? If this is news to you, pick up a phone book and flip to "Churches" in the yellow pages.

So no, the Catholic Church is NOT Christianity; it's just one of many parts.

I went to Catholic parochial school.

But you was not a Catholic, isn't it?

Too much guilt.

?

The Catholic are the worst as they're rebellious. Me too. I rebelled at thirteen.

Who rebelled not at thirteen (12 -17, 18 or even up to 21 years? )? That's part of the biological reconstruction of the brainware - some call it "age of puberty". American presidents seem to reach the age of puberty with about 70 years.

Suffice it to say I'm Christian. Not Catholic. Becoming Christian came in 2012. Believing in God came during my college years when trying to decide about abortion, war and all. My conservatism came later, too. I'm socially liberal, but fiscal conservative.

What are you?

Did you rebel at 13? I ended up going to public middle school.

Last edited:
Um, you have noticed there are a lot of other churches out there besides the Catholic Church which also worship Christ as the Messiah and Son of God, right? If this is news to you, pick up a phone book and flip to "Churches" in the yellow pages.

The Catholic Church embodies Christianity, not parts of Christianity. We are probably nitpicking words. I suspect that you are conveying that there are many other Christian denominations outside Catholicism, and I agree with that.

It’s your logic, Taz, not mine.
So quote me you idiot.

You are an extreme idiot on a very high level of idiocy, Nazi. Or do you think a Joseph Goebbels - a very intelligent man, one of the most intelligent political propagators of the culture of death - was not an extreme idiot when he had murdered even his own children?
You can demonstrate now your nearly perfect idiocy by denying what I said with the correct argument "Goebbels did not murder his children", what would be formally correct, because his wife Magda murdered their children. Then you could say "I proved you wrong" - and this would be correct - and nevertheless you would continue to be wrong and to be an unbelievable idiot. Goebbels murdered even his own children.

You just said his wife killed the kids. I bet Goebbels was and still is your hero.

In your Darwininan war of words you will win your self to death, Nazi. And this is competely independent from anything else except than you on your own.

“Man is a creature whose substance is faith, what his faith is, he is”.
Franklin D. Roosevelt from the Baghvad-Gita chapter 17, verse 3

Did I get you a little too far into happy hour in Doucheland?

You know that I am a German. You know that I have Jewish ancestors. And you think you are able to hurt me? Your problem is if you like to see one of the worst idiots of the world in the next mirror then you will see nothing there.

Last edited:

The Catholic Church embodies Christianity, not parts of Christianity. We are probably nitpicking words. I suspect that you are conveying that there are many other Christian denominations outside Catholicism, and I agree with that.

No, the Catholic Church embodies THEIR approach to Christianity. It most assuredly does NOT embody all of Christianity, considering that all the non-Catholic Christian churches exist expressly to protest (hence the name "Protestant") what they felt was Catholicism's incorrect interpretation of Christianity.

However, I think Protestants are uncomfortably aware, in times like this, that in the eyes of the world, Christians are pretty interchangeable, and we get tarred with the brush of these scandals right along with the actual Catholics. Many of us also stand beside the good Catholics who are horrified and heartbroken at this moment, and share their sorrow. Whatever doctrinal differences I have with Catholicism, I still have more in common with a devout Catholic who loves God than I ever could with a non-Christian.

I went to Catholic parochial school.

But you was not a Catholic, isn't it?

Too much guilt.

?

The Catholic are the worst as they're rebellious. Me too. I rebelled at thirteen.

Who rebelled not at thirteen (12 -17, 18 or even up to 21 years? )? That's part of the biological reconstruction of the brainware - some call it "age of puberty". American presidents seem to reach the age of puberty with about 70 years.

Suffice it to say I'm Christian. Not Catholic. Becoming Christian came in 2012.

So you was never a Catholic in your whole life, isn't it? And you decided in the last 6 years to exclude all Catholics from the Christian religion.

Believing in God came during my college years when trying to decide about abortion, war and all. My conservatism came later, too. I'm socially liberal, but fiscal conservative.

What are you?

¿What I am? An entity which exists here since about 13.8 billion years - a very little part of this what we call "the universe" - an answer to this what had happened during all this time. Not a long time ago I was at the end of my way - but god asked me to stay. I don't know why.

Did you rebel at 13?

In the age of 13? One year after the dead of my father? ... Let me think about - this is a long time back in time. Oh yeah - at this age I got a much better control about the traumata of my early hospitalism (I was in the first years of my life 2 times depraved in hospitals). It was a happy year. I had a lot of friends - we all were very happy, made sports and had a lot of fun. This year I lived in a catholic monastery. A wonderful time. And a wonderful library. I read about 1000 books this year.

I ended up going to public middle school.

Congrats.

Last edited:
No, the Catholic Church embodies THEIR approach to Christianity. It most assuredly does NOT embody all of Christianity, considering that all the non-Catholic Christian churches exist expressly to protest (hence the name "Protestant") what they felt was Catholicism's incorrect interpretation of Christianity.

However, I think Protestants are uncomfortably aware, in times like this, that in the eyes of the world, Christians are pretty interchangeable, and we get tarred with the brush of these scandals right along with the actual Catholics. .
I am not going to quibble. Christianity is the teachings of Christ, and these teachings of Christ are what the Catholic Church has proclaimed from Apostolic times to the present. Apostolic interpretation is the only interpretation we use, and we eschew interpretations that rose 1500 years after Christ.

Oh, you poor, poor Protestants. Do you know three major insurance companies have settled over 2600 claims of child molestation by only some of the Protestant clergy in the last ten years alone? Obviously, this does not cover all cases, just the churches insured by these three insurance companies. Don't pretend that child molestation has not touched your denomination as well. No one is immune. Not churches, not schools, not sports, not the medical profession. So as you take note of the finger being pointed at the Catholic Church, also take note of the three fingers pointing back at others.

Atheism isn’t at all what theists say it is. But we’ve grown up in your churches and homes. Did you grow up in an atheist home?

Even if you did, that would only explain why you found religion. There is no right answer.

If it makes you feel better, I don’t want to take that away from you. If I can, how deep is your faith? If it doesn’t, grow a pair and quit crying that we are angry, hateful, in denial, liars, going to hell. All these things are just you theists trying to guilt us from having an honest discussion. And sorry we don’t take the words of 11 guys. That’s a cult that turned into religion.

If you can’t have an honest discussion without getting your feelings hurt, don’t come here that’s for sure.
My feelings are not hurt. Far from it. What makes you think they are? I grew up in a Catholic family where a grandfather and uncle were atheists; the paternal side of the family were Protestants. I married an atheist. I am not speaking of their atheism, but the atheism I see on these boards. It never ceases to astonish me.

Some of the differences between 'my' atheists and atheists I see on line: None of my atheists spout the garbage about people of faith being focused on heaven and hell. None criticize going to church or purport that people should give up church to pray and read in solitary. None suggest that people who go to church need to "evolve" using atheism as an example of evolution. None of this hurts my feelings. It exasperates me because I cannot wait for some atheists to grow up. I am not speaking of you.

I have never (here or in real life) said ANY atheist is angry, hateful, in denial, liars, going to hell. Not. Ever. Nor have I ever attempted to "guilt" anyone into anything. What I want is an honest discussion. And that discussion does not begin with saying people of faith should give up church, pray alone, and read the Bible for themselves. That discussion does not begin with atheists claiming people of faith are afraid of death and are only concerned with heaven and hell. It does not begin by claiming people of religion need to evolve.

A. I never tell my theist friends what I think about them either. I have a friend who does on facebook all the time. I don't like his posts even though I love them.

B. I think theism comes from a primal ignorant superstitious part of our brain. We came up with it a long time ago when we knew nothing and we still hold on to it. I think as we evolve we are shedding these superstitions but it'll take thousands of years. Especially with Muslims.

Anyways, here is an example of why I don't like religion. I think it makes us stupid. If they can con us into believing that story, they can convince us that they are not polluting, they are not ripping us off, the rich rule. Rich individuals who are active in politics, corporations, churches, politicians, the media (not liberal by the way).

Miami Herald Endorses Candidate Who Says She Was Taken By Space Aliens | HuffPost

Not just aliens but Jesus-like aliens.

However, I think Protestants are uncomfortably aware, in times like this, that in the eyes of the world, Christians are pretty interchangeable, and we get tarred with the brush of these scandals right along with the actual Catholics. .
I am not going to quibble. Christianity is the teachings of Christ, and these teachings of Christ are what the Catholic Church has proclaimed from Apostolic times to the present. Apostolic interpretation is the only interpretation we use, and we eschew interpretations that rose 1500 years after Christ.

Oh, you poor, poor Protestants. Do you know three major insurance companies have settled over 2600 claims of child molestation by only some of the Protestant clergy in the last ten years alone? Obviously, this does not cover all cases, just the churches insured by these three insurance companies. Don't pretend that child molestation has not touched your denomination as well. No one is immune. Not churches, not schools, not sports, not the medical profession. So as you take note of the finger being pointed at the Catholic Church, also take note of the three fingers pointing back at others.

Nice 'tude, Chuckles. I especially like how you cut off the part about standing with good Catholics in this so that you could get your panties all in a wad and start screeching about "Your church does it too, so there!" Other churches have had scandals; I'm not aware of any others that have had scandals of THIS magnitude, with this many perpetrators and this many years of deliberate cover-up, but okay.

I'm very sorry that you're so offended by the basic fact that your church isn't the sum total of Christianity, or that you're so defensive right now you have to deliberately try to make an expression of sympathy into an attack.

My heart still goes out to the good Catholics who are struggling through this rough time. You personally, on the other hand, can go piss up a rope.

Join the Lutheran Church. We are like the Catholics but with one less Pope.

If the Catholic church is the original cult, and it's not real, what makes you think your spin off is legit?

P.S. If you are going to join a church join the Greek Orthodox church. We used to be part of the Catholic church but left because of the Pope. They were some corrupt evil mother fuckers. If you think the pedophile priests today are bad

The 8 Most Evil Popes in History

I don’t believe the god of the Bible exists
People who interpret the through they perspective of 21st century culture and modern English are truly ignorant of the God the Bible presents. Which may be why the Bible also advises that each individual seek and search out God in their own lives. Do you think I (or anyone else) believes in the version of God you created via your limited understanding of the Bible?
I’m just saying god never visited Joseph Smith, Mohammad, Mary or Moses
… but sealybobo?

What do you think is the reason why you say "Mother Mary is a godless woman"?
Because god doesn't exist. Everyone is godless. Just like you are pink unicornless.

If the Catholic church is the original cult, and it's not real, what makes you think your spin off is legit?

P.S. If you are going to join a church join the Greek Orthodox church. We used to be part of the Catholic church but left because of the Pope. They were some corrupt evil mother fuckers. If you think the pedophile priests today are bad

We Lutherans are Johnny Come Lately when it comes to telling the Roman Catholics to shove it where the sun don't shine compared to the Greek Orthodox Church. However, we still do have our "Hate the Catholics" holiday every October on Reformation Sunday.

Nice 'tude, Chuckles. I especially like how you cut off the part about standing with good Catholics in this so that you could get your panties all in a wad and start screeching about "Your church does it too, so there!" Other churches have had scandals; I'm not aware of any others that have had scandals of THIS magnitude, with this many perpetrators and this many years of deliberate cover-up, but okay.

I'm very sorry that you're so offended by the basic fact that your church isn't the sum total of Christianity, or that you're so defensive right now you have to deliberately try to make an expression of sympathy into an attack.

My heart still goes out to the good Catholics who are struggling through this rough time. You personally, on the other hand, can go piss up a rope.
Meriweather will tell you that he/she is not offended. Why would you think that? Far from it. That's what he/she said to me. I said don't get your feelings hurt if you are going to come here to discuss. He/she said: My feelings are not hurt. Far from it. What makes you think they are?

Why? Because your arguments are emotional not logical. You guys accuse us of wanting to attack theists here. You say, "your atheists friends would never say the things you say here". Yea, no shit. Neither do we in real life. That's what this place is for. So don't get offended at the fact we can be totally honest here. No holds bar. Gloves off. This is where you will hear truth and honesty.

We Lutherans are Johnny Come Lately when it comes to telling the Roman Catholics to shove it where the sun don't shine compared to the Greek Orthodox Church. However, we still do have our "Hate the Catholics" holiday every October on Reformation Sunday.
Well our priests still like to dress up in pretty dresses and get young boys to come help them in the back. Kind of hard to tell the difference.

But yea, we translated the Latin bible for the Catholics. So basically the Greeks told them what the bible says. Now today they want to tell us what it means? LOL. I don't think so.

That's what I love about born agains. They'e telling me, a Greek Orthodox, what the bible means. They don't even realize their religion was invented in America. It didn't even come over from Europe. That's how new born agains are.

Anyways, here is an example of why I don't like religion. I think it makes us stupid. If they can con us into believing that story, they can convince us that they are not polluting, they are not ripping us off, the rich rule.
What they want to con us into is the belief God is not real; therefore they are the ones who know best.

I'm very sorry that you're so offended by the basic fact that your church
Not offended, not defensive. I am simply, as a journalist, pointing out facts I know to be true.

As a person pointing out that we aren't using the same definition of "Christianity."

Finally, I tend to only quote the parts of the post I intend to include in a response. No one has the power to erase what you originally posted. It is all there in plain sight.

Forum List

Back