I think I might be done with the Catholic Church...

This is where you will hear truth and honesty.
The last thing I get here is truth and honesty. What I do get are posts claiming that they know that I am being emotional, defensive, offended, etc. When I truthfully say I am not (I am actually sitting here with a huge grin on my face), people are quick to tell me that yes, I am. I find it a lark. All we are doing here are presenting different and unique perspectives--perspectives that no one else will ever adopt because we cannot walk in one another's shoes. Your perspective is that I am defensive, offended, and emotional, so have fun with that persona you have created in your own mind.

Well our priests still like to dress up in pretty dresses and get young boys to come help them in the back
Not for nearly thirty years. Priests and altar servers haven't donned robes in the same part of the church for decades.

Anyways, here is an example of why I don't like religion. I think it makes us stupid. If they can con us into believing that story, they can convince us that they are not polluting, they are not ripping us off, the rich rule.
What they want to con us into is the belief God is not real; therefore they are the ones who know best.
But notice all the con artists out there use God to their benefit. None of these groups or people I am referring to are promoting atheism. Trump is a good christian. Hillary is a good Christian.

No one is trying to wake you up to the fact that god was made up. Other than us of course. And you are wrong that it's for sinister motives. I think it'll be good for the human race if we shed this superstition. No wars with Muslims over who's god is real or the best.

Join the Lutheran Church. We are like the Catholics but with one less Pope.

If the Catholic church is the original cult, and it's not real, what makes you think your spin off is legit?

P.S. If you are going to join a church join the Greek Orthodox church. We used to be part of the Catholic church but left because of the Pope. They were some corrupt evil mother fuckers. If you think the pedophile priests today are bad

The 8 Most Evil Popes in History

We Lutherans are Johnny Come Lately when it comes to telling the Roman Catholics to shove it where the sun don't shine compared to the Greek Orthodox Church. However, we still do have our "Hate the Catholics" holiday every October on Reformation Sunday.

Personally, I don't hate Catholics. I don't even hate the Catholic Church. But I'm not interested in hearing how "they are Christianity", or any other arrogant claims.

Well our priests still like to dress up in pretty dresses and get young boys to come help them in the back
Not for nearly thirty years. Priests and altar servers haven't donned robes in the same part of the church for decades.
They do in ours. The priest is all dressed up like a peacock and the kids have their little robes on too.

Here is the outfit I'm talking about

27073402_960202304137451_3984201949083313433_n.jpg

Join the Lutheran Church. We are like the Catholics but with one less Pope.

If the Catholic church is the original cult, and it's not real, what makes you think your spin off is legit?

P.S. If you are going to join a church join the Greek Orthodox church. We used to be part of the Catholic church but left because of the Pope. They were some corrupt evil mother fuckers. If you think the pedophile priests today are bad

The 8 Most Evil Popes in History

We Lutherans are Johnny Come Lately when it comes to telling the Roman Catholics to shove it where the sun don't shine compared to the Greek Orthodox Church. However, we still do have our "Hate the Catholics" holiday every October on Reformation Sunday.

Personally, I don't hate Catholics. I don't even hate the Catholic Church. But I'm not interested in hearing how "they are Christianity", or any other arrogant claims.
It's like Larry Nasser insisting he's a good guy despite everything we know about him.

Victims share what Larry Nassar did to them under the guise of medical treatment

But notice all the con artists out there use God to their benefit
Instead of getting rid of con artists you propose we get rid of God instead? People who have a lot of wealth, are the target of cons. Shall we get rid of wealthy people? Shall we get rid of money, gold, and diamonds? Do you really think that if we banned God, con artists would all go away?

And you are wrong that it's for sinister motives.
I never said any of you had sinister motives. What sinister motives do you think that I think you have?

I've said many times before: I am fine with atheists, have no wish to change their minds. My only purpose is to help them understand why some of us believe in--and have faith in--God.

They do in ours. The priest is all dressed up like a peacock and the kids have their little robes on too.
Remember, I said they now don these robes in separate areas of the church. I did not say they don't wear robes, only that they put them on in separate areas.

But notice all the con artists out there use God to their benefit
Instead of getting rid of con artists you propose we get rid of God instead? People who have a lot of wealth, are the target of cons. Shall we get rid of wealthy people? Shall we get rid of money, gold, and diamonds? Do you really think that if we banned God, con artists would all go away?

We won't ban God. I just hope the concept goes away naturally. You'd be surprised at what a silly notion the god hypothesis is once you stop believing it. It's not even a theory. Not a scientific one anyways. All we have are lies from walking on water, virgin births, mohammad, joseph smith, burning bushes. Do you realize how ridiculous your religion is? I do.

I never said any of you had sinister motives. What sinister motives do you think that I think you have?

I've said many times before: I am fine with atheists, have no wish to change their minds. My only purpose is to help them understand why some of us believe in--and have faith in--God.

We know why you believe in god.

Why there is no god

Remember, I said they now don these robes in separate areas of the church. I did not say they don't wear robes, only that they put them on in separate areas.
You mean they had to make a rule where the priest didn't change anywhere near the children? That makes sense.

We won't ban God. I just hope the concept goes away naturally. You'd be surprised at what a silly notion the god hypothesis is once you stop believing it. It's not even a theory. Not a scientific one anyways. All we have are lies from walking on water, virgin births, mohammad, joseph smith, burning bushes. Do you realize how ridiculous your religion is? I do.
Why don't you want others to experience the power of faith/God in their lives?

A lie, no matter how good it makes you feel, is still a lie. Isn't that true? Would you want to know if you were adopted for example?

Or how about, "you are healthy as a horse?" when you actually have 5 days to live.

The truth might hurt at first but it's better to know the truth.

“I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering part of me will continue. But much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful thinking. The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there’s little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.” – Carl Sagan

Why do I want to tell the guy in the suit that he's an idiot? Why do you think? I would save him money for one. Also, he's fooling himself.

I get what you are saying though. I wouldn't want to tell someone they are taking a placebo pill that it's a placebo.

That's why I don't talk about this to my family or friends or anyone outside of here. For one, I'm not going to convince anyone who's brainwashed and also I don't want to start an argument with someone who I have a relationship with. But I would love it if they came around on their own. Also, if they bring up God I am quick to tell them I don't believe.

So if they keep it to themselves, so do I. No one here is keeping it to themselves so we've opened ourselves up to being told what the other side thinks.

Believers claim the victim and imply that non-theists gang up on them, or rally against them. No, atheists just look at believers the same way they might look at someone who claims the Earth is flat, or that the Earth is the centre of the universe: delusional.

The bar theists set for perceived atheist hostility appears to be anyone simply voicing a dissenting opinion or mentioning an inclination towards non-belief. Claiming ‘persecution’ is simply a deflection for theists who are unwilling or unable to deal with open criticism.

Why there is no god

8xL1A.jpg

We know why you believe in god.
Actually you don't. But I do keep trying to present you with correct information. Religion is not even in the realm of science (physical matter). There is no matter in the spiritual realm, so why the demand for evidence? Spirituality is more in the realm of philosophy, not science.

That's why I don't talk about this to my family or friends or anyone outside of here. For one, I'm not going to convince anyone who's brainwashed
Have you considered that perhaps it is you have been brainwashed not to believe?

I have found what people think the see in others (in this case "brainwashing") is a mirror image of what they see in themselves.

I know I have not been brainwashed, and I don't imagine that you are, either.

Forum List

Back