I think I might be done with the Catholic Church...

The bishops allowed 1000 children to be molested by priests, a grand jury has found.

I might be done with carrying the water of a Church that has failed on such an epic level to live up to their own moral rules.

As long as my father is alive, I will continue to go to Mass with him, because I don't want to break his heart.

But after that, I think I'm done.

Hey there!

I know exactly what you mean

you are done and with reason

Good on you!!!!!!!!!!! :2up: :clap2::clap2:

We've been around 6,000 to 10,000 years.

That's a joke now, isn't it? Do you honestly say to me you believe the universe is 6,000 to 10,000 years old? Good grief. What did you learn in school?

It's still a young earth. There is no evidence of an old earth except erroneous radiometric dating. There is evidence for a young earth.

That's the point. We should be teaching real science of a young earth in school instead of erroneous evolution.

I have nothing to hide, I am not a sinner.

I am pointing out that we are all sinners due to Adam's original sin. The evidence is that we all die. Also, we are selfish and have the capability to do good as well as evil. God shows us objective morals. We cannot keep objective morals by humanity alone.

jack-chick-hell.png

In fact, God used Jack Chick tracts to project the right scene to reply to your, "I am not a sinner."
I am pointing out that we are all sinners due to Adam's original sin. The evidence is that we all die. Also, we are selfish and have the capability to do good as well as evil. God shows us objective morals. We cannot keep objective morals by humanity alone.

I am pointing out that we are all sinners due to Adam's original sin.

you have it wrong bond at most humanity is expelled or better tasked, remission is the same for everyone the religion of Antiquity - The Triumph of Good vs Evil - is the means for Admission to the Everlasting.

Also, we are selfish and have the capability to do good as well as evil.

the religion of Antiquity is to triumph one over the other that is the task for not just an individual but for all humanity that is the final Judgement.

We cannot keep objective morals by humanity alone.

that is the lesson prescribed by the religion of Antiquity or perish, one or the other, we know the outcome of the other from the encounter with Noah, humanity was given a second chance.

images

she and jesus are the same children of the Almighty the persecutors have yet to be brought to justice - by humanity, that is the goal.

A lot of what you post on the religion of antiquity should be about how Christianity spread. That's what happened during that time.

OTOH, I post Chick tracts to you because it's something you or some other atheist poster can understand.

1079_03.gif

Why Should I?

The bishops allowed 1000 children to be molested by priests, a grand jury has found.

I might be done with carrying the water of a Church that has failed on such an epic level to live up to their own moral rules.

As long as my father is alive, I will continue to go to Mass with him, because I don't want to break his heart.

Remember that Jesus was sent to the cross by his religious leaders, yet he drove the money changers out of the temple with a whip because it was still the meeting place of God's people. The message there is, don't give up on the church, or God's people, just because their "shepherds" may have gone astray. Granted, that does not mean you have to remain Catholic.

except the RCC is so far away from what Jesus taught its not even funny...leading millions to hell, or a non existant purgatory, which is the same. There are no 2nd chances after death or the rapture of the Church. Only
Bible Believing Christians are saved and going to Heaven. the RCC are only traditions of men who wanted power and money. So many false teachings there.

Moses was pissed when he came down the mountain and they were worshipping a golden calf. That dude in the robe that is rich as all get out, part of a "church" that is wealthy beyond comprehension...he is the fatted calf. People "pray" to him, "confess" to him or one of his cronies, and all is well. Um. No, its not. He is not God and does not speak for him any more than any other preacher, reverend, "father", etc. They are just men, dictating what they THINK God means or says. They are not God. And Mary was just a woman...not some Goddess. They worship her. Which is also wrong.

Wow...you may want to keep in mind that
Jesus already knew Judas would betray him,
and that Judas was part of Gods plan to fulfill scripture.
Or, Judas did not stand in the way of God's plan. It appears we have two different perspectives on this.
Or, Judas did not stand in the way of God's plan. It appears we have two different perspectives on this.
You had stated, "Judas decided he was done",
Now it's, Judas did not stand in the way of Gods' plan.

You are under the assumption
that we can thwart what God has planned,
because you believe we can stand in His way....

Darling, we don't have different perspectives,
we have different truth, knowledge and wisdom.

Germans need to get themselves a sense of humour. But after letting in all those Muslims, you're probably not in the mood to laugh.

Bad luck for you that Germans don't have any form of humor. We don't understand why people laugh who have to pay a lot of money because of their antisemitic propaganda and attacks. And we also don't undretadn why soen laughs wo is using drugs, causes a brain damage and has to live in a psychiatric hospital for the rest of his life.
Would I get a room next to yours?
How stupid are you?
Not as stupid as a snivelling Douchelander.

Nazi, you made me laugh now. But Nazis always were funny. So why should you be an exception? The more serious question in this context: Your president is a clown too. Are you and he amusing the western world to death?

I'd rather a clown than a dowdy old lesbian who lets in millions of Muslims. I bet even YOU aren't happy about that. But then again, maybe she's going to gas them all, we can only hope that that's why you've kept all those death camps up and running..

Wow...you may want to keep in mind that
Jesus already knew Judas would betray him,
and that Judas was part of Gods plan to fulfill scripture.
You had stated, "Judas decided he was done",
Now it's, Judas did not stand in the way of Gods' plan.

You are under the assumption
that we can thwart what God has planned,
because you believe we can stand in His way....

Darling, we don't have different perspectives,
we have different truth, knowledge and wisdom.
Planned or knew?

This gets tricky real fast.

That's a joke now, isn't it? Do you honestly say to me you believe the universe is 6,000 to 10,000 years old? Good grief. What did you learn in school?

It's still a young earth.

About 4 billion years is not young in human dimensions but young in the dimensions of a universe.

There is no evidence of an old earth except erroneous radiometric dating. There is evidence for a young earth.

If you think "young earth" means 6,000-10,000 years old planet Earth then normally no one is able to take such a nonsense serious.

That's the point.

Reality cares not about such an absurde "point" in verbal discussions of human beings about the nature of the nature. Cocodiles for example existed 350 million years ago too. About 1.5 million years ago our ancestors made camp fires and so and so on.

We should be teaching real science of a young earth in school instead of erroneous evolution.

Good grief. Do you like to teach analphabetism in schools too? Truth is always true - completely independent from anything else. Sure is criticism an important thing, specially in philosophy and science - also in politics and society - because critics helps to find what's true. But what you say here has nothing to do with critics nor with reality or truth. It's just simple nonsense.

Last edited:
Bad luck for you that Germans don't have any form of humor. We don't understand why people laugh who have to pay a lot of money because of their antisemitic propaganda and attacks. And we also don't undretadn why soen laughs wo is using drugs, causes a brain damage and has to live in a psychiatric hospital for the rest of his life.
How stupid are you?

Nazi, you made me laugh now. But Nazis always were funny. So why should you be an exception? The more serious question in this context: Your president is a clown too. Are you and he amusing the western world to death?

I'd rather a clown than a dowdy old lesbian who lets in millions of Muslims. I bet even YOU aren't happy about that. But then again, maybe she's going to gas them all, we can only hope that that's why you've kept all those death camps up and running..

You are a criminal - you know this - and you don't care about. Happy new USA. :lol:

Last edited:

Remember that Jesus was sent to the cross by his religious leaders, yet he drove the money changers out of the temple with a whip because it was still the meeting place of God's people. The message there is, don't give up on the church, or God's people, just because their "shepherds" may have gone astray. Granted, that does not mean you have to remain Catholic.

except the RCC is so far away from what Jesus taught its not even funny...leading millions to hell, or a non existant purgatory, which is the same. There are no 2nd chances after death or the rapture of the Church. Only
Bible Believing Christians are saved and going to Heaven. the RCC are only traditions of men who wanted power and money. So many false teachings there.

God gives as many chances as he likes to give. Everwhere and at any time and in dimensions which your are not able to understand only a little. Your problem is your self - not god, not the traditions of his people and specially not the holy catholic church too.

Asking God, through Jesus, to forgive sins,
and make the conscious effort to turn from the sin,
you acknowledged and are aware of
is all that is necessary and covers all sin...

Sacrament of Reconciliation is tradition of men.
10 hail Mary and 5 Our Father, get out the rosary,
doesn't do shit to forgive sin, only God knows the heart...
So, how can a priest tell you your sins are forgiven?
The Sacrament of Reconciliation is a tradition of Jesus...true, he was a man when he began letting people hear their sins are forgiven. The Apostles kept up the practice as Jesus commanded: Repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

What helps us turn away from sin? Most of us find reflecting on the life and teachings of Jesus (the rosary being one way to reflect on his life and teachings) is a great inspiration. Recall that Jesus taught we can't just clear away sin/demons--we must replace it with something else less the sin/demons return in greater force. So, we pray and do penance in replacement of the sin. Christ's sacrament of reconciliation has more grace and power than you credit. Hearing ones sins being forgiven, as Jesus practiced, is a great blessing.
The Sacrament of Reconciliation is a tradition of Jesus...true, he was a man when he began letting people hear their sins are forgiven. The Apostles kept up the practice as Jesus commanded: Repentance for the forgiveness of sins.
THE DEVIL IS A LIAR!

The sacrament of reconciliation is NOT a tradition of Jesus,
it is a tradition of men and the catholic church!

We are reconciled with God, by God, through Jesus

We are reconciled with God
because Jesus paid our sin debt

The whole purpose of Gods' plan of salvation,
was to be reconciled to Him.

Jesus forgave the sins of those
who heard Him and whose faith was in Him

The disciples were chosen to continue leading people to salvation,
and instructed to go into all the world and preach the gospel...

They were NEVER given authority to forgive sin,
they were to tell people they would be forgiven,
by God, through Christ....by grace, through faith.

Being forgiven is not dependent upon repentance
Repenting and asking God to forgive you,
is dependent upon accepting Jesus, to recognize sin

God is sufficient, Jesus paid the price
What helps us turn away from sin?
What helps us turn away from sin?

Being transformed by a renewing of your mind,
putting on the armor of God, reading the Word of God,
putting the Word of God into practice, living for God
Most of us find reflecting on the life and teachings of Jesus (the rosary being one way to reflect on his life and teachings) is a great inspiration.
I'm not even going to touch this
Recall that Jesus taught we can't just clear away sin/demons--we must replace it with something else less the sin/demons return in greater force. So, we pray and do penance in replacement of the sin.
THE DEVIL IS A LIAR!

You are too wise in your own eyes and deceive yourself

Penance...yep, that'll help
God is a liar and Christ crucified was insufficient
Christ's sacrament of reconciliation has more grace and power than you credit. Hearing ones sins being forgiven, as Jesus practiced, is a great blessing
No darling, knowing my sins are forgiven,
because God loves me so much, He became flesh,
and died for me so I could live....that is an awesome blessing

Only God forgives...through faith in Jesus

Gods' love for us, that He became our sacrifice,
so we could obtain the Righteousness of God, through Christ,
to be reconciled with Him and spend eternity with Him

You do not acknowledge, let alone, credit God,
for His Mercy, Grace and Faithfulness,
because of His love for us, to provide the sacrifice.

Moses was pissed when he came down the mountain and they were worshipping a golden calf. That dude in the robe that is rich as all get out, part of a "church" that is wealthy beyond comprehension...he is the fatted calf. People "pray" to him, "confess" to him or one of his cronies, and all is well. Um. No, its not. He is not God and does not speak for him any more than any other preacher, reverend, "father", etc. They are just men, dictating what they THINK God means or says. They are not God. And Mary was just a woman...not some Goddess. They worship her. Which is also wrong.

It's never wrong to be a friend of mother Mary.

Last edited:

About 4 billion years is not young in human dimensions but young in the dimensions of a universe.

There is no evidence of an old earth except erroneous radiometric dating. There is evidence for a young earth.

If you think "young earth" means 6,000-10,000 years old planet Earth then normally no one is able to take such a nonsense serious.

That's the point.

Reality cares not about such an absurde "point" in verbal discussions of human beings about the nature of the nature. Cocodiles for example existed 350 million years ago too. About 1.5 million years ago our ancestors made camp fires and so and so on.

We should be teaching real science of a young earth in school instead of erroneous evolution.

Good grief. Do you like to teach analphabetism in schools too? Truth is always true - completely independent from anything else. Sure is criticism an important thing, specially in philosophy and science - also in politics and society - because critics helps to find what's true. But what you say here has nothing to do with critics nor with reality or truth. It's just simple nonsense.

Good God. Trying to talk false science in the religion forum.

The lizard didn't learn how to eat a pig from Darwin.

A lot of what you post on the religion of antiquity should be about how Christianity spread. That's what happened during that time.

christianity, its bible throughout history including the reason for this thread gives every reason to believe the 4th century bible is a political document disguised as a religion.

the religion of Antiquity is only 6 words is easily spoken and was the subject matter of the 1st century - you and your christianity is a corruption that persecutes and victimizes the innocent using accusations about sin as your primary weapon - may your acquaintances be aware.

Last edited:

christianity, its bible throughout history including the reason for this thread gives every reason to believe the 4th century bible is a political document disguised as a religion.

the religion of Antiquity is only 6 words is easily spoken and was the subject matter of the 1st century - you and your christianity is a corruption that persecutes and victimizes the innocent using accusations about sin as your primary weapon - may your acquaintances be aware.

I came. I saw. BreezeWood went to you know where. Oh well.

How stupid are you?

You are a criminal - you know this - and you don't care about. Happy new USA. :lol:

Are you happy with all your new Muslims?

That's the point.

Good God. Trying to talk false science in the religion forum.

The lizard didn't learn how to eat a pig from Darwin.

Do you really say you are convinced from the totally stupid nonsense you try to tell others in the name of the Christian religion? Why are you convinced from anti-knowledge and pseudo-belief? You are a cliche of atheists about Christians but not a real Christian on your own. What kind of game is this?

How stupid are you?

Are you happy with all your new Muslims?

I do not have any problem with Muslims - some of them are even friends and relatives. And yes: I'm a happy man. I could perhaps be a little more happy, if US-American Nazis like you would not exist. But who cares? We are all in the hands of god. I feel very well to be in his hands. I don't know how you feel - if you have such a thing like feeling or empathy at all.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back