I think I might be done with the Catholic Church...

I. Wrong interpretation?

No, I was not wrong. You exclude Catholics from the Christian religion.

Good grief. Why speaks someone in the English speaking world at all? And: Yes I am Catholic. And indeed was the year 13 of my life on Earth a wonderful year. One of the best years of my life.
At 13 weren't you in a death camp picking kernels of corn out of other peoples' shit to survive?

Drug problems?
No, I have plenty. :biggrin:

Who ridicules genocides is in lots of nations of the world on very good reasons a criminal. On the other side: If you destroyed your brain with drugs then your behavior is understandable. The question is what's the greater problem and when you will lose finally control about your aggressions.
Germans need to get themselves a sense of humour. But after letting in all those Muslims, you're probably not in the mood to laugh.

Bad luck for you that Germans don't have any form of humor. We don't understand why people laugh who have to pay a lot of money because of their antisemitic propaganda and attacks. Sometimes we have even to imprison such people on reason of membership in a terror organization. And we also don't understand why someone laughs, who is using drugs and causes in this way an irreversible brain damage and has to live in a psychiatric hospital for the rest of his life.

Last edited:
At 13 weren't you in a death camp picking kernels of corn out of other peoples' shit to survive?

Drug problems?

Who ridicules genocides is in lots of nations of the world on very good reasons a criminal. On the other side: If you destroyed your brain with drugs then your behavior is understandable. The question is what's the greater problem and when you will lose finally control about your aggressions.
Germans need to get themselves a sense of humour. But after letting in all those Muslims, you're probably not in the mood to laugh.

Bad luck for you that Germans don't have any form of humor. We don't understand why people laugh who have to pay a lot of money because of their antisemitic propaganda and attacks. And we also don't undretadn why soen laughs wo is using drugs, causes a brain damage and has to live in a psychiatric hospital for the rest of his life.
Would I get a room next to yours?

The Catholic Church is failing in many respects, many priests are unfaithful to Catholic teachings, for example. You find them out in confession, when they tell you masturbation is not really a sin, or that you should take Communion even if you are in a state of sin.
The Mass begins with the (general) confession of sins, where we ask forgiveness from both God and the community. This forgiveness covers all venial sins. Naturally, anyone in the state of mortal sin needs to seek forgiveness through the Sacrament of Reconciliation before joining in Communion. Masturbation would be covered as a venial sin, not a mortal one. The reason masturbation is considered a sin at all is that it misses the mark, the ideal for sexuality.

In one respect, we are always in the state of sin, while at the same time working to overcome the sins in our lives. Who better to help us overcome these weaknesses than Our Lord, himself? He is our greatest inspiration.

Do keep in mind the Pennsylvania report covers seventy years, dating back to 1947. Mentioned in the report is that in the last twenty years the Church has new procedures in place to prevent today what took place between 1947 through the mid 1980s. Catholics themselves have been involved with these changes.

Again, when a small percentage fails, this is no reason for the rest to fail in the faith as well. It is a time for us to strengthen and rebuild. Christ brought and left us a legacy. Are we going to fail him because of an even smaller percentage that failed him?
The Mass begins with the (general) confession of sins, where we ask forgiveness from both God and the community. This forgiveness covers all venial sins. Naturally, anyone in the state of mortal sin needs to seek forgiveness through the Sacrament of Reconciliation before joining in Communion.
Again...Wow

Asking God, through Jesus, to forgive sins,
and make the conscious effort to turn from the sin,
you acknowledged and are aware of
is all that is necessary and covers all sin...

Sacrament of Reconciliation is tradition of men.
10 hail Mary and 5 Our Father, get out the rosary,
doesn't do shit to forgive sin, only God knows the heart...
So, how can a priest tell you your sins are forgiven?
Masturbation would be covered as a venial sin, not a mortal one. The reason masturbation is considered a sin at all is that it misses the mark, the ideal for sexuality.
If a man was thinking of his wife and masturbating
because she was out of town and he was horny...
that's sin?

If a married man is wacking off,
fantasizing about his neighbors wife,
it's only considered sin because
he's not fucking her with his dick,
like God intended for a penis...

You can't recognize sin
if you don't even know what constitutes a sin

The bishops allowed 1000 children to be molested by priests, a grand jury has found.

I might be done with carrying the water of a Church that has failed on such an epic level to live up to their own moral rules.

As long as my father is alive, I will continue to go to Mass with him, because I don't want to break his heart.

But after that, I think I'm done.
I’ve never seen evidence that the Catholic Church is involved with Christ. Find a Bible based Church.

We made the bible!

The bishops allowed 1000 children to be molested by priests, a grand jury has found.

I might be done with carrying the water of a Church that has failed on such an epic level to live up to their own moral rules.

As long as my father is alive, I will continue to go to Mass with him, because I don't want to break his heart.

I’ve never seen evidence that the Catholic Church is involved with Christ. Find a Bible based Church.

We made the bible!

Uh, no.

Drug problems?

Bad luck for you that Germans don't have any form of humor. We don't understand why people laugh who have to pay a lot of money because of their antisemitic propaganda and attacks. And we also don't undretadn why soen laughs wo is using drugs, causes a brain damage and has to live in a psychiatric hospital for the rest of his life.
How stupid are you?

We made the bible!

Uh, no.

What means "no"? After a few hundred years existed some problems which we solved by making the bible.

How stupid are you?
Not as stupid as a snivelling Douchelander.

Wow...you may want to keep in mind that
Jesus already knew Judas would betray him,
and that Judas was part of Gods plan to fulfill scripture.
Or, Judas did not stand in the way of God's plan. It appears we have two different perspectives on this.

Asking God, through Jesus, to forgive sins,
and make the conscious effort to turn from the sin,
you acknowledged and are aware of
is all that is necessary and covers all sin...

Sacrament of Reconciliation is tradition of men.
10 hail Mary and 5 Our Father, get out the rosary,
doesn't do shit to forgive sin, only God knows the heart...
So, how can a priest tell you your sins are forgiven?
The Sacrament of Reconciliation is a tradition of Jesus...true, he was a man when he began letting people hear their sins are forgiven. The Apostles kept up the practice as Jesus commanded: Repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

What helps us turn away from sin? Most of us find reflecting on the life and teachings of Jesus (the rosary being one way to reflect on his life and teachings) is a great inspiration. Recall that Jesus taught we can't just clear away sin/demons--we must replace it with something else less the sin/demons return in greater force. So, we pray and do penance in replacement of the sin. Christ's sacrament of reconciliation has more grace and power than you credit. Hearing ones sins being forgiven, as Jesus practiced, is a great blessing.

If a man was thinking of his wife and masturbating
because she was out of town and he was horny...
that's sin?
Is that the ideal sexual experience? Sin is missing the mark, or the ideal. In this case did the wife receive actual pleasure and closeness from the husband's experience, or was he the sole beneficiary? It is a case where the spirit is willing to wait for the wife, but the flesh is weak. It wants what it wants right now.

Being more concerned about men,
is a slap in the face to Jesus and God
Who said "more" concerned? We have two Great Commandments: Love God with all that is in us, and love our fellow man as we love ourselves. Is glaring at a good priest for sins committed by other priests loving that good priest as we love ourselves?

You may want to keep in mind that Judas decided he was done, as well. The other eleven decided they had something worth carrying forward. Judas represents eight percent of the Apostles. The number of priests who broke their own vows is far less than that. Leaving the Church because of this would also be a slap in the face to the ninety-seven percent who did not break their vows.

Here is the real deal. I have found in my life there is never one reason for someone to reach a major decision. There are always at least three reasons that push a person into making such a change. Have you pondered what those other two reasons might be that may also be pushing you towards this choice?
It matters how the Church deals with its problems. If it roots out the corruption and abuse, that's another thing entirely. Up until now, it seems to be more interested in covering up and excusing problems.

I. Wrong interpretation?

What threw me was you state 13.8 billion years of existence. That's not true. We've been around 6,000 to 10,000 years. Usually, with evolutionists, we are comparing relative time. There is no theoretical evolution just like there is no evolution.

So if you're Catholic, then our theology is different. You have Holy Eucharist. We have The Lord's Supper. You have the Church. We have Sola Scriptura. To name a couple.

You continue to challenge the Word of God and thus your fate is revealed.

- as I have said before christianity is a religion of persecution and victimization of the innocent, a subject matter you are intoxicated with.

you are who has substituted the religion prescribed by the Metaphysical to free your spirit before death for a false, madeup 4th century political manuscript disguised as a religion.

- your fate is revealed.

I have nothing to hide, I am not a sinner.

It matters how the Church deals with its problems. If it roots out the corruption and abuse, that's another thing entirely. Up until now, it seems to be more interested in covering up and excusing problems.
Read the report again. It started with the late 1940s and said "finally" in the late 1980s the Church changed its policies. So...It has been changed for thirty years now.

I am pointing out that we are all sinners due to Adam's original sin. The evidence is that we all die. Also, we are selfish and have the capability to do good as well as evil. God shows us objective morals. We cannot keep objective morals by humanity alone.

jack-chick-hell.png

In fact, God used Jack Chick tracts to project the right scene to reply to your, "I am not a sinner."

I am pointing out that we are all sinners due to Adam's original sin. The evidence is that we all die. Also, we are selfish and have the capability to do good as well as evil. God shows us objective morals. We cannot keep objective morals by humanity alone.

jack-chick-hell.png

In fact, God used Jack Chick tracts to project the right scene to reply to your, "I am not a sinner."

I am pointing out that we are all sinners due to Adam's original sin.

you have it wrong bond at most humanity is expelled or better tasked, remission is the same for everyone the religion of Antiquity - The Triumph of Good vs Evil - is the means for Admission to the Everlasting.

Also, we are selfish and have the capability to do good as well as evil.

the religion of Antiquity is to triumph one over the other that is the task for not just an individual but for all humanity that is the final Judgement.

We cannot keep objective morals by humanity alone.

that is the lesson prescribed by the religion of Antiquity or perish, one or the other, we know the outcome of the other from the encounter with Noah, humanity was given a second chance.

images

she and jesus are the same children of the Almighty the persecutors have yet to be brought to justice - by humanity, that is the goal.

How stupid are you?
Not as stupid as a snivelling Douchelander.

Nazi, you made me laugh now. But Nazis always were funny. So why should you be an exception? The more serious question in this context: Your president is a clown too. Are you and he amusing the western world to death?

Last edited:
I. Wrong interpretation?

What threw me was you state 13.8 billion years of existence. That's not true.

What's wrong. But I do not explain you now why it's wrong what you say here. 13.8 seconds, 13.8 billion years - who cares? We live anyway only in the present time.("to live" and "to exist" are by the way different expressions.)

We've been around 6,000 to 10,000 years.

That's a joke now, isn't it? Do you honestly say to me you believe the universe is 6,000 to 10,000 years old? Good grief. What did you learn in school?

Usually, with evolutionists, we are comparing relative time. There is no theoretical evolution just like there is no evolution.

I know that this, what the most people say in the English speaking world about the theory of evolution and its meaning for philosophy, science and daily life is pure nonsense - nevertheless you are wrong too. The most easy way to come in the near of the real theory of evolution in a christian way is in my eyes Saint Francis "brother sun, sister moon". You and the the next tree you will meet have a common ancestor. You and the next dog you will meet have a common ancestor. And so on and so on. Every animal, every plant, indeed every form of matter or energy - and I guess also every form of spirit - have a common ancestor with you.

So if you're Catholic, then our theology is different.

To be honest: I don't have any idea about theology. I'm just simple a Christian - perhaps a more bad than good Christian, but god will judge me and no one else. In the moment I have all chances and all risks. As everyone else. No one is priviledged.

You have Holy Eucharist. We have The Lord's Supper.

?

You have the Church. We have Sola Scriptura. To name a couple.

Church vs what? But okay: I have indeed something like a theology in this case. I'm convinced all "sola"-statements are always wrong. Hopefully this "sola-statement" now is not wrong :lol:. There's always another way too and never only one way. But this means not - as the USA seems to do - to break and pulverize the christian religion into powder makes any sense.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back