I Think My School District Just Turned Me Into A Trump Voter

No public schools don't have to be everything to everyone. They were not intended to be that in any generation until the current one. They were expected to educate children--REALLY educate them--in all the basic subjects including proficiency in English, spelling, writing, math, history, geography, social studies, basic science, and if the budget allowed it, they also provided some specialized and advanced course for those with special aptitude or interest including the arts. The best schools prepared students for college and/or to succeed in the real world and that included encouraging them to use logic, reason, and employ critical thinking. Students were required to know certain facts included in their subjects--they might have to know that Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1492 for instance--but they were not required to have a specific opinion about that. They were given the facts and encouraged to think about the deeper consequences and results that the facts indicated. The students who were able to think outside the box often were rewarded for that even if the teacher personally disagreed.

Schools should educate, not indoctrinate. To require them to be everything to everyone pretty much insures they won't be able to educate anywhere near as competently as they otherwise would.

A kid should be able to express or act out a harmless fantasy without political correctness tyranny knocking him/her down for it.
How many times have you sat in a school classroom and watched a teacher "indoctrinate"? What was that teacher "indoctrinating" about? What did you do to either inquire about or try to stop that "indoctrination"?
Teachers indoctrinate students not to hate blacks, Hispanics, the handicapped, gays and non Christians.

That is why conservatives homeschool

I noticed you didn’t mention Jews. How interesting.
Do you understand what a Non Christian is?

Yep. So you include my people with other afterthoughts?

Do you advocate teachers support students who hate Jews?

There was another case, a few years back. Memory fails me remembering the girl's name, or where it happened. Here's what emerged.

The girl, 13 or so years old, brought a plastic bottle of sparkling water to school, opened it, threw in a bit of aluminum foil, closed the bottle, and waited. With the aluminum, H₂CO₃ dissolves into water and CO₂, and, after a while, the cap popped off. The experiment succeeded. Hearing about the incident, school officials called the police, the girl was thrown into over-night detention, to be charged with causing an explosion.

Goes without saying, the girl was black. The incident caused barely a ripple. I lost track of the case, and so I don't know how it turned out, and there's much, much more happening in the same vein.

For black kids, that's what's called the school-to-prison pipeline. But, "get your (white) kid to see a shrink" is all the outrage.

Having failed to protest back then, you have no leg to stand on now.

Not sure why the op switching from trump hater to trump supporter will help with this minor problem at his son's school unless he's like a lot of the nut jobs on this thread who look to trump as big daddy who will solve all their problems both large and small.

Contrast that with my son’s HS geometry class where a teacher asks a student for their homework and the student responds to her, “I ain’t got time for your homework, bitch!!!” The teacher moves right along; no accountability for the student.
Because the teacher probably knows that the administration doesn't have her back at all.

So my son, a high school sophomore, is sitting in class and the teacher leaves the room for some reason.

The kids start goofing off and my son and his best friend start aiming their fingers at each other and going bang-bang. They play a lot of PUBG. They're kids. This is what kids do.

Some other fucking candyass motherfucking pussy soap bubble of a punk in the class tells the teacher when she comes back that my son was pretending to shoot a gun at HER (the teacher). The teacher wasn't even in the room!

My son is taken to security and interrogated, and several "witnesses" are interrogated.

The assistant principal calls my wife (because the bitch is terrified of me) and tells my wife my son is suspended, and he cannot return until he sees a fucking shrink.

I shit you not.

This insanity is right out of Kafka.

If there is anyone on Trump's staff, or Rush Limbaugh's show, or Fox News reading this, please PM me. I would like to make these fucking retards into a national embarrassment.

Thank you.

Here’s a better idea. Act like an adult with s brain. Contact an attorney, and sue the teacher the principal and the school district for traumatizing your son, It’s amazing what a civil suit show cause subpoena sent to someone can get accomplished.
Which is exactly why school districts have "zero tolerance" policies....sue-happy parents.

That sucks, and sounds as if it was an over reaction. But here's the thing. After nearly every school shooting, when the shooters past conduct is dissected, little signs emerge that were often overlooked. Well, it looks as if schools are now looking into them pro-actively.
Everyone knows my son. The security guy even told me this whole thing is fucking stupid. He knows my son, and he knows my son is one of the kindest people in the world.

We commiserated for a while over the fucking idiotic hyper-vigilance going on.

It's the assistant vice principal who is the problem.

She and I have had a run-in before when I found out the high school gives out contraceptives to the kids without the parents knowledge or consent. We had a gigantic shouting match about it in her office one day. I told her if I found out she ever gave any condoms to my son, or the pill to my daughters, without my consent, I would sue them back to the caves.

She tried to tell me the high school clinic was not part of the school. This is a clinic INSIDE the high school, with our high school name on it. That's when I fucking lost it.
We had a gigantic shouting match about it in her office one day.
You are honestly wondering why YOUR son got singled out?

Back off a little, Dad. It doesn't matter what your opinion is, you have to keep your cool at school. Yes, you can TELL them and you can REQUEST them not give your kid contraceptives and you can EXPLAIN why and LET THEM KNOW you will sue their asses if they go against your wishes. But say it with a smile so your kiddo can live to have another gun fight another day.

An over reaction may get one child suspended need undeservedly.

An under reaction may get a bunch of kids dead.

I'm sorry your kid ended up in trouble over it, but omlets and eggs, ya know.

If the teacher sent the kid to the administrators office, that's one thing, but suspending the kid and telling the parents they need to take time off of work and spend the money for a shrink is quite another. I can't imagine how many psychiatrists we would have needed back when I was in school.
What good would sending a potential shooter to the principal's office do?

Uh... if the principal is any good at their job, they could get a sense of whether the student is really a psychological risk, or whether they were just goofing around.
How about sending the kid to a shrink, they are better equipped than a school administrator.

Well, yeah. But there's some room for common sense here. Sending every kid who acts up to the shrink is overkill. It's exactly the kind of hyper-sensitive, overreaction driving people away from liberalism.
Who said "send every kid who acts up"?

Certainly not me.

Back off a little, Dad. It doesn't matter what your opinion is, you have to keep your cool at school. Yes, you can TELL them and you can REQUEST them not give your kid contraceptives and you can EXPLAIN why and LET THEM KNOW you will sue their asses if they go against your wishes. But say it with a smile so your kiddo can live to have another gun fight another day.

So, it would appear I am not the only one to whom it would appear they sent the wrong unruly "kid" to see a shrink.

So, it would appear I am not the only one to whom it would appear they sent the wrong unruly "kid" to see a shrink.
I didn't attempt to read all 28 pages of this. Just the OP and page 1. To me, it doesn't sound like any kid needed to be punished or psychoanalyzed.

So my son, a high school sophomore, is sitting in class and the teacher leaves the room for some reason.

The kids start goofing off and my son and his best friend start aiming their fingers at each other and going bang-bang. They play a lot of PUBG. They're kids. This is what kids do.

Some other fucking candyass motherfucking pussy soap bubble of a punk in the class tells the teacher when she comes back that my son was pretending to shoot a gun at HER (the teacher). The teacher wasn't even in the room!

My son is taken to security and interrogated, and several "witnesses" are interrogated.

The assistant principal calls my wife (because the bitch is terrified of me) and tells my wife my son is suspended, and he cannot return until he sees a fucking shrink.

I shit you not.

If there is anyone on Trump's staff, or Rush Limbaugh's show, or Fox News reading this, please PM me. I would like to make these fucking retards into a national embarrassment.

Thank you.

Here’s a better idea. Act like an adult with s brain. Contact an attorney, and sue the teacher the principal and the school district for traumatizing your son, It’s amazing what a civil suit show cause subpoena sent to someone can get accomplished.
Which is exactly why school districts have "zero tolerance" policies....sue-happy parents.

He has standing in this case if what he says is true.

I shit you not.

Thank you.
An over reaction may get one child suspended need undeservedly.

An under reaction may get a bunch of kids dead.

I'm sorry your kid ended up in trouble over it, but omlets and eggs, ya know.
------------------------------------------ its not over reaction , its the 'public school' and other anti gunners anti gun agenda . As example of my words see the kid that was punished for chewing a pop tart into the shape of a gun Crep .

Contrast that with my son’s HS geometry class where a teacher asks a student for their homework and the student responds to her, “I ain’t got time for your homework, bitch!!!” The teacher moves right along; no accountability for the student.

and probably that teacher will burn out in two years.
----------------------------- and thats not soon enough JoeB .

If the teacher sent the kid to the administrators office, that's one thing, but suspending the kid and telling the parents they need to take time off of work and spend the money for a shrink is quite another. I can't imagine how many psychiatrists we would have needed back when I was in school.

Given your anger issues against blacks, gays, the government, immigrants... I would say they didn't have enough back in the day.
-------------------------------------- PERSONAL anger towards certain people or groups is no problem unless it turns into violence JoeB .

How many times have you sat in a school classroom and watched a teacher "indoctrinate"? What was that teacher "indoctrinating" about? What did you do to either inquire about or try to stop that "indoctrination"?
Teachers indoctrinate students not to hate blacks, Hispanics, the handicapped, gays and non Christians.

---------------------------------- Don't SUPPORT them but personal hate for JEW's is fine until it turns into violence . Probably none of the teachers business RWinger .

I dont follow. Are you missing some prepositions?

---------------------------------- Don't SUPPORT them but personal hate for JEW's is fine until it turns into violence . Probably none of the teachers business RWinger .

What is he asking me?

g5 is mixing apples with oranges. Columbine happened a lonnnng time before Trump.
And has been happening ever since because stupid fucking idiots in this country think that a gun in the wrong hands is still more important than a human life.
Until it's theirs.
Columbine , how many 'Columbine' type events were there in the whole year of 2018 and how many kids were killed in Black Swan events in 2018 '2020' .

Let's see how many Columbine events there have been since Columbine, you stupid idiot.

More than 221,000 students have experienced gun violence at school since Columbine
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2018/local/school-shootings-database/?utm_term=.ddda5f16cd98

I shit you not.

Thank you.

He has standing in this case if what he says is true.
I'm not arguing that he doesn't have standing....what I'm saying is with everyone suing schools, they have to establish these black n' white rules with no wiggle room...."zero tolerance" isn't the result of PC.....it's the result of having a litigious society.

g5 is mixing apples with oranges. Columbine happened a lonnnng time before Trump.
And has been happening ever since because stupid fucking idiots in this country think that a gun in the wrong hands is still more important than a human life.
Until it's theirs.
Columbine , how many 'Columbine' type events were there in the whole year of 2018 and how many kids were killed in Black Swan events in 2018 '2020' .

Let's see how many Columbine events there have been since Columbine, you stupid idiot.

More than 221,000 students have experienced gun violence at school since Columbine
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2018/local/school-shootings-database/?utm_term=.ddda5f16cd98
Ironically for him, today is the 1st anniversary of the Stoneman HS shooting in Florida.

Sad that someone would say that.

Forum List

Back