I WAS a career criminal. I wouldn't think twice about hurting you if it made my life better.

The rehab didn't save me. The desire to not go back to prison did. Check the recidivism rates for convicts if you doubt me.

I worked in a prison for 5 years... and I have studied this in college. It isn't opinion. It's a FACT that institutions where programs for education, rehab, life skills, and other programs are accessible for the inmates there is a lower recidivism rate. It's a FACT.
Those programs are in every prison and have been for decades. If an individual does not desire change in his life you can throw all the education at him you want, it won't work.

No, they are not in EVERY prison, and haven't been for decades. If you are going to make those types of comments you need to do some more research.

And even with your logic... NO ONE can turn their life around if there isn't opportunities for them to do so...
But if there are opportunities there (Call them fucking Liberal if you want) then it gives those inmates the chance to fix their lives and become contributing members to society. FACT is, with those programs there is a lower recidivism rate. And places with more opportunities than others, like those that have baking programs or horticulture programs... mechanics, etc. do even better.

To call it Liberal is bullshit. If wanting to give someone an opportunity to do something productive with their life instead of continuing to commit crime and get locked up, then you can call me Liberal in this position... that doesn't make me a Liberal, but if your distorted view of rehabilitation is Liberal then so be it.
The only places that don't have those programs are 24/7 max lock down facilities. If you're in one of those you've been judged to be a major threat and beyond help.
I went through a 30 day preplacement program in Topeka KS. prior to being sent to Hutchinson State Penitentiary. Aka, KSIR.

And as I stated if the inmate doesn't desire the help you're wasting your time & tax dollars.

No they are NOT in EVERY prison, and every prison does not have the same programs. And you need to get rid of your fucked up logic that prisons should get rid of programs because there is some inmates that won't use it or they won't turn their lives around.... that's just fucked up logic.

Might as well get rid of Chemo...because it is expensive and it doesn't save everyone's life? :dunno:
Dude you're trying to hard. I DO BELIEVE that people like you & me could make a difference but for that to happen you have to realize you don't know it all. That book/published paper doesn't tell you the whole story. It gives you a very narrow snapshot. Nothing more. I've been through rehab 4 or 5 times. Every time forced upon me. It never worked till I had the desire to change. That change didn't come from a government program. It came from my desire to achieve more in life.

There is a lesson to be learned from my words/experience and despite my trolling about the left the lesson is bipartisan.

The rehab didn't save me. The desire to not go back to prison did. Check the recidivism rates for convicts if you doubt me.

I worked in a prison for 5 years... and I have studied this in college. It isn't opinion. It's a FACT that institutions where programs for education, rehab, life skills, and other programs are accessible for the inmates there is a lower recidivism rate. It's a FACT.
Those programs are in every prison and have been for decades. If an individual does not desire change in his life you can throw all the education at him you want, it won't work.

No, they are not in EVERY prison, and haven't been for decades. If you are going to make those types of comments you need to do some more research.

And even with your logic... NO ONE can turn their life around if there isn't opportunities for them to do so...
But if there are opportunities there (Call them fucking Liberal if you want) then it gives those inmates the chance to fix their lives and become contributing members to society. FACT is, with those programs there is a lower recidivism rate. And places with more opportunities than others, like those that have baking programs or horticulture programs... mechanics, etc. do even better.

To call it Liberal is bullshit. If wanting to give someone an opportunity to do something productive with their life instead of continuing to commit crime and get locked up, then you can call me Liberal in this position... that doesn't make me a Liberal, but if your distorted view of rehabilitation is Liberal then so be it.
The only places that don't have those programs are 24/7 max lock down facilities. If you're in one of those you've been judged to be a major threat and beyond help.
I went through a 30 day preplacement program in Topeka KS. prior to being sent to Hutchinson State Penitentiary. Aka, KSIR.

And as I stated if the inmate doesn't desire the help you're wasting your time & tax dollars.
Bullshit, sir.

Again, I've worked in the system and was/am in contact with prosecutors and defense attorneys nationwide. The cuts to rehabilitation programs have been regular and deep for many years, such that the vast majority of prisoners don't get much if any programming. You simply don't know what you are talking about.
Recidivism | National Institute of Justice

No they are NOT in EVERY prison, and every prison does not have the same programs. And you need to get rid of your fucked up logic that prisons should get rid of programs because there is some inmates that won't use it or they won't turn their lives around.... that's just fucked up logic.

Might as well get rid of Chemo...because it is expensive and it doesn't save everyone's life? :dunno:
Dude you're trying to hard. I DO BELIEVE that people like you & me could make a difference but for that to happen you have to realize you don't know it all. That book/published paper doesn't tell you the whole story. It gives you a very narrow snapshot. Nothing more. I've been through rehab 4 or 5 times. Every time forced upon me. It never worked till I had the desire to change. That change didn't come from a government program. It came from my desire to achieve more in life.

There is a lesson to be learned from my words/experience and despite my trolling about the left the lesson is bipartisan.

AND you couldn't be reformed from rehab if it wasn't available.... You don't even realize you are arguing against yourself.

Bullshit, sir.

Again, I've worked in the system and was/am in contact with prosecutors and defense attorneys nationwide. The cuts to rehabilitation programs have been regular and deep for many years, such that the vast majority of prisoners don't get much if any programming. You simply don't know what you are talking about.
Recidivism | National Institute of Justice

I don't know why you keep posting that link, it is useless.

I did 3 years on a 5 to 15 sentence. If fucking you over advanced my life it was a no brainer. Your bleeding heart would have gotten you robbed, maimed or worse.

I am reformed and I am one of the few that achieve that. You owe my recovery to conservative views.

I knew it! Grampa was a bad ass! I'm glad you found your way, but I bet you have got some stories!!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

AND you couldn't be reformed from rehab if it wasn't available.... You don't even realize you are arguing against yourself.
How do I say this?

THE REHAB DIDN'T REFORM ME. My heart did that.

You just don't get it. This is the point where I laugh at book smarts as compared to common sense/street smarts

How do I say this?

You just don't get it. This is the point where I laugh at book smarts as compared to common sense/street smarts

IF IT WASN'T AVAILABLE IT DIDN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR HEART WANTED!

WHAT THE FUCK IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?????????????

I did 3 years on a 5 to 15 sentence. If fucking you over advanced my life it was a no brainer. Your bleeding heart would have gotten you robbed, maimed or worse.

I am reformed and I am one of the few that achieve that. You owe my recovery to conservative views.

I knew it! Grampa was a bad ass! I'm glad you found your way, but I bet you have got some stories!!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
I have a few. I've shared them over the years.
I regret my past as it pertains to the people I've hurt but it made me the man I am. A bit rough around the edges but ultimately level headed in the end.

How do I say this?

Do you have any idea how many 12 step programs I've been through?
Hell I don't even remember. The only thing that changed was my wisdom. I could be sober and clean & STILL a convict.

I'm neither

I worked in the criminal justice system for years and all the research shows that offenders provided programming and rehabilitation have lower rates of recidivism than those just thrown into prison for years with no other intervention.

Further, restorative justice (liberal bleeding heart approach to offender behavior) programs have produced even lower rates of recidivism in offenders who participate.

So I call bullshit on the premise you assert.

And I fully expect that you will call me names in response.
You can call all the bullshit you want. I lived it.

You just said that rehab saved your life... and then you call her bullshit for saying that programs like rehab lower recidivism rates. You understand you are making no sense?

I worked in rehabs , and saw the ones forced by the courts to go to a rehab.. Many just go through the motions ...But those seeds are planted and perhaps the combination of all those people and services came together and you saw the light..

I just got a job working with gang members when I got sick, and had to let it go.. You need 100% dealing with addicts and crime dogs..I love that kind of work..

I see big bikers guys in recovery all of the time..My husband has a good friend who is a huge biker dude with a history like yours ... Crime and drugs...major crime.. clean for 20 years and the most genuine person..

Anyway...many of those recovery homes are funded by the democrats fighting to keep the doors open ...

Ryans plan wants to ax Mental health 100% in his plan..

How do I say this?

Hell I don't even remember. The only thing that changed was my wisdom. I could be sober and clean & STILL a convict.

I'm neither

You have absolutely no rational skills whatsoever. There is no use in me to continue arguing with you, because no matter how many times I explain it, you still won't get it. Your brain just doesn't work that way.

How do I say this?

I'm neither

You have absolutely no rational skills whatsoever. There is no use in me to continue arguing with you, because no matter how many times I explain it, you still won't get it. Your brain just doesn't work that way.
My brain works fine. If it didn't I would still be in prison.
I see things from two sides. You see stats.
I respect your opinion but I think you're wrong.

You can call all the bullshit you want. I lived it.

You just said that rehab saved your life... and then you call her bullshit for saying that programs like rehab lower recidivism rates. You understand you are making no sense?

I worked in rehabs , and saw the ones forced by the courts to go to a rehab.. Many just go through the motions ...But those seeds are planted and perhaps the combination of all those people and services came together and you saw the light..

I just got a job working with gang members when I got sick, and had to let it go.. You need 100% dealing with addicts and crime dogs..I love that kind of work..

I see big bikers guys in recovery all of the time..My husband has a good friend who is a huge biker dude with a history like yours ... Crime and drugs...major crime.. clean for 20 years and the most genuine person..

Anyway...many of those recovery homes are funded by the democrats fighting to keep the doors open ...

Thank you for your contribution buy what congress is doing deserves a different thread

How do I say this?

I'm neither

No, I'm not dogging on you, but some people just can't reason things out.

Assume you own a house... and there is a large tree on your property that always fill your yard with leaves and you get tired of raking them every fucking year. You finally get the desire to cut down the tree. Your neighbor happens to have a chainsaw you can use to cut it down... things work out and you no longer have to rake those fucking leaves anymore.

Assume you own a house... and there is a large tree on your property that always fill your yard with leaves and you get tired of raking them every fucking year. You finally get the desire to cut down the tree. You live in the middle of BFE and it is a good 50 mile drive to the nearest business to even rent a chain saw, so it would be a 100 mile drive round trip. You decide it isn't worth the hassle and never cut down that tree.

Do you see the importance of availability now? Just desire doesn't mean anything without opportunity.

Thank you for your contribution buy what congress is doing deserves a different thread

I was referring to you saying that the democrats would have you back on the streets... I seriously don't see the connection..
Maybe your pastor is a democrat...lol

How do I say this?

I'm neither

No, I'm not dogging on you, but some people just can't reason things out.

Assume you own a house... and there is a large tree on your property that always fill your yard with leaves and you get tired of raking them every fucking year. You finally get the desire to cut down the tree. Your neighbor happens to have a chainsaw you can use to cut it down... things work out and you no longer have to rake those fucking leaves anymore.

Assume you own a house... and there is a large tree on your property that always fill your yard with leaves and you get tired of raking them every fucking year. You finally get the desire to cut down the tree. You live in the middle of BFE and it is a good 50 mile drive to the nearest business to even rent a chain saw, so it would be a 100 mile drive round trip. You decide it isn't worth the hassle and never cut down that tree.

Do you see the importance of availability now? Just desire doesn't mean anything without opportunity.
Yes and no. I am a STRONG believer in willpower. But there are people of weak character that do need a nudge. They are the minority imo

I was referring to you saying that the democrats would have you back on the streets... I seriously don't see the connection..
Maybe your pastor is a democrat...lol
Dear, the democrats had me back on the streets many times. Our law & justice system is a joke. I should have been locked up years earlier.

Dear, the democrats had me back on the streets many times. Our law & justice system is a joke. I should have been locked up years earlier.

Ok, I can agree that that....BTW Good for you!

Look at your life now, what a blessing..

Anyway I was a hoodlum too, I didn't break into homes, but I got a DUI, I was drunker than shit driving a 280 ZX..

I had to go to jail .. lol.. You are right book smart people just don't get the street smarts..

Ok, I can agree that that....BTW Good for you!

Look at your life now, what a blessing..

Anyway I was a hoodlum too, I didn't break into homes, but I got a DUI, I was drunker than shit driving a 280 ZX..

I had to go to jail .. lol.. You are right book smart people just don't get the street smarts..
Lol

Dui isn't hoodlum status dear. But you go girl!

Forum List

Back