🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I went Christmas shopping this year

Just stop doing business with China.

Most of the environmental ills emanate from them.
Scapegoating won't solve the growing crisis.

China should be pressured to assume its considerable share of the responsibility, as should all nations proportionally.

I have never obsessed over any politician as the focus of my yuletide festivities, nor would I attempt to scapegoat any one of them for global inflation. That would be silly, and merely revelatory of an irrational, pre-existing prejudice.

I'm pleased that unemployment in the U.S. has dropped so precipitously, from 6.7% in December, 2020 to the current 3.7%, of course. That's a good thing.
Well, you're not as unhinged bat-shit crazy as the average Trump supporter.

We were supposed to be out of diesel fuel last month according to them.

Scapegoating won't solve the growing crisis.

China should be pressured to assume its considerable share of the responsibility, as should all nations proportionally.
And tell us how that is going to happen. While we are extorted our income to live from the thieves stealing our money, we live off of foreign slave labor.

Portland, OR aka Dem Shithole.
grotto-christmas-lights.jpg

portland-winter-wonderland.jpg

zoo-lights-oregon-zoo.jpg

1671633442724.jpeg

Christmas-Festival-of-Lights.jpg

Dunno...

Looks pretty nice to me.

I'm sure you'll show me some pictures of your house and change our mind

What did I find? I can tell you what I did not find. I did not find any evidence of millions of jobs created by Joe, can I raise interest rates and taxes tomorrow, Biden.

No, the first two stores I visited no longer exist. They both shut down within the last 3 months, unbeknown to me. Sad.

Then the stores I did enter, had a myriad of check out registers but only one was open with a big, long line winding round the store cuz they only had one person to run it

The shelves where also half empty with next to no selection.

I'm thinking of shopping in Cuba or North Korea next year, I should have better selection

Or I will just sell my soul to the Amazon god Bezos and do all my shopping there like everyone else does, from his massive warehouse that is the size of the state of Texas, with a skeleton crew of employees I'm sure who are underpaid.
I have found it extremely funny how Biden and the MSM have been bragging about how Christmas sales have been good while stocks have been falling for most all retailers because of sales and profits being down.

I did not find any evidence of millions of jobs created by Joe
You say that, but then:
myriad of check out registers but only one was open with a big, long line winding round the store cuz they only had one person to run it

Did it occur to you that this may be evidence of labor shortages or do you only see what you want to?

Well, you're not as unhinged bat-shit crazy as the average Trump supporter.

We were supposed to be out of diesel fuel last month according to them.
I still can't fathom why they seem to believe that the POTUS personally controls the global economy.

You say that, but then:

Did it occur to you that this may be evidence of labor shortages or do you only see what you want to?
There are about 6 million Americans who have flat out given up looking for work

Potential reasons are, crappy paying jobs in a crappy economy and increased government assistance.

And tell us how that is going to happen. While we are extorted our income to live from the thieves stealing our money, we live off of foreign slave labor.
The U.S. economy depends, to a large extent, on immigrant labor, especially at times like these with low unemployment.

Obviously, Congress must face up to the need for comprehensive immigration reform.

The U.S. economy depends, to a large extent, on immigrant labor, especially at times like these with low unemployment.

Obviously, Congress must face up to the need for comprehensive immigration reform.
No need to have any immigration reform when you don't have control of the border as to who comes and goes

Just sit back and allow this to continue with governors like Newsome crying about being overrun.

Easy Peasy lemon squeezy.

There are about 6 million Americans who have flat out given up looking for work

Potential reasons are, crappy paying jobs in a crappy economy and increased government assistance.
Stop reading half-baked blogs. This one in particular grossly conflates discouraged workers with LFPR. They are NOT AT ALL the same.

LFPR is projected to fall until 2040, not due to short or mid term economic growth, but due to long term demographic factors predicted 2 decades ago: our population is getting older (babby boomers retiring) and people spending more time in school.

U4 is the standard measure of unemployed and discouraged as a % of labor force. It's at historically low level.

The only way for us to change course on Labor Participation Rates is to drastically change immigration policy to bring in considerably more young workers.

Here we have little choice. The blacks moved in and closed all the good stored down. I don't feel like going to the other side of town to shop, but when I'm there anyway, I love shopping like I used to over here. Looking at the products in person, reading the labels, seeing what the quality is and where it's made.........
My favorite 'big box' stores are Menard's and Home Depot, for tools and building materials.

Stop reading half-baked blogs. This one in particular grossly conflates discouraged workers with LFPR. They are NOT AT ALL the same.

LFPR is projected to fall until 2040, not due to short or mid term economic growth, but due to long term demographic factors predicted 2 decades ago: our population is getting older (babby boomers retiring) and people spending more time in school.

U4 is the standard measure of unemployed and discouraged as a % of labor force. It's at historically low level.

The only way for us to change course on Labor Participation Rates is to drastically change immigration policy to bring in considerably more young workers.
And the abortions and gender changes and people dying at about 200 a day from drugs pouring across the border and black on black crime in democrat cities etc. would not have anything to do with the aging and dying population, now would it?

When did you drink the DNC cool aid?

And the abortions and gender changes and people dying at about 200 a day from drugs pouring across the border and black on black crime in democrat cities etc. would not have anything to do with the aging and dying population, now would it?

When did you drink the DNC cool aid?
I'm clearly not dealing with someone equiped to do any sort of serious macroeconomic analysis. You don't understand the concept of looking at national data and understanding magnitude of effects, you just have some politically cherrypicked factors in your head and you are sure thats the way things are overall.

LFPR projections dating over 20 years ago are not based on DNC polictics, it has to do objective consideration of facts.

Capturejobsv3.png

Through short and mid term volatility, LFPR today is actually right about where it was projected to be in 2002 - 62%. Which means those estimates have correctly islolated primary long term factors in Labor Force Participation.

Last edited:
What did I find? I can tell you what I did not find. I did not find any evidence of millions of jobs created by Joe, can I raise interest rates and taxes tomorrow, Biden.

No, the first two stores I visited no longer exist. They both shut down within the last 3 months, unbeknown to me. Sad.

Then the stores I did enter, had a myriad of check out registers but only one was open with a big, long line winding round the store cuz they only had one person to run it

The shelves where also half empty with next to no selection.

I'm thinking of shopping in Cuba or North Korea next year, I should have better selection

Or I will just sell my soul to the Amazon god Bezos and do all my shopping there like everyone else does, from his massive warehouse that is the size of the state of Texas, with a skeleton crew of employees I'm sure who are underpaid.
Amazon works well for me. They usually have just about anything I want and it arrives quickly. There are times it can be overpriced and times when you can get a really good deal.

I am handicapped with a bad back and hip so walking around a big store is difficult for me. I REFUSE to take pain meds as I have seen too many people addicted to them.

Amazon employees work hard but do get benefits. Many will likely be replaced by robots in the future.

Forum List

Back