I won't stand for the NA anymore either, now that I know its

Seriously?

It's only racist if you have no knowledge of what he was writing it for. The problem is the people railing against the Anthem are ignorant of history and proudly remain so.

Star Spangled Banner Lyrics Verse 3

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
A home and a country should leave us no more!
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

Meaning of Star Spangled Banner Lyrics Verse 3

Francis Scott Key describes the British as arrogant and boastful in the lyrics 'that band who so vauntingly swore'
He is venting his anger at the British with the "foul footsteps' pollution" lyrics inferring that the British poisoned the ground on which they walked
But the poison and corruption had been washed away by the blood of the British
The Star Spangled Banner lyrics "the hireling " refers to the British use of Mercenaries (German Hessians) in the American War of Independence
The Star Spangled Banner lyrics "...and slave" is a direct reference to the British practice of Impressment (kidnapping American seamen and forcing them into service on British man-of war ships). This was a Important cause of the War of 1812
Francis Scott Key then describes the Star Spangled Banner as a symbol of triumph over all adversity
Meaning of Star Spangled Banner Lyrics Verse 3

Star Spangled Banner Lyrics and Meaning ***
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave

Hmm. Looks like will was correct. You truly don't have a brain. Carry on squawking little parrot.
I think she (?) has both of us on ignore.

No other reason for being that ignorant

She/he/it, can't ignore us. It's one of our many massive powers!:badgrin:

The anthem has the word slave in it. That's good enough for the ignorant liberals.

Remember when the crazy libs attacked slavery by computer.

Let me refresh that memory.

CNN.com - 'Master' and 'slave' computer labels unacceptable, officials say - Nov. 26, 2003

The white man has a nasty history which you all chose to ignore.

So does the black man, the asian man, and the man in the moon. That doesn't have a bearing on you being a stupid fool.

The anthem has the word slave in it. That's good enough for the ignorant liberals.

CNN.com - 'Master' and 'slave' computer labels unacceptable, officials say - Nov. 26, 2003

White men have also split the atom, put men on the moon multiple times, cured thousands of diseases, wrote the greatest works of literature in history, and invented almost piece of modern machinery you use, you ungrateful bitch. Penelope is what happens when a stupider-than-usual liberal takes virtue-signalling to its sniveling, psychotic, victim-mentality conclusion. To them, every quantum of matter in America is somehow WAAAAYCIST, Nazi or Hitler.

Only because no one has a history that isn't nasty.
Leftists are anti-white. They believe every race but whites are noble.

a very racist poem wrote by a racist man.

How many free blacks were there in 1812??

Land of the free, and home of the brave.
crazy-woman-wearing-a-straight-jacket-in-an-asylum-picture-id117144609

I don't agree with the OP but since this is the United States, we all have the right sit, stand, lay down and nap or go out for coffee during the national anthem.

They have the right to free speech sure.
But where they are expressing themselves is essentially on the job, on the bosses dime. They sign contracts limiting their behaviors in a lot of ways. If the boss sees this is affecting his business negatively, why shouldn't he be able to correct the problem?

You choose the behavior, you choose the consequences.

I can't imagine being upset about something that was written in 18 - whatever. Lol. Takes a special kind of loon to not understand that the world was an entirely different place then, with different rules and different societies than today. An uneducated, mind-numbingly ignorant person.

The Regressives are doing everything they can to dismantle and discredit every tradition, value and historical document of this country.

They are making their opinion of this country very clear now

Forum List

Back