I would like to hear how teacher led prayer in public schools is constitutional

The right is voicing its opinion about the complete unsuitability of building the mosque there.

Which last I checked, is a constitutional right.

So who is proposing we deny constitutionally protected rights?

The left, of course, when they insist the people who protest have no "right" to do so.

hogwash

no one has said the right to protest is unconstitutional....

if so, PROVE IT allie or take it back....if you can prove it, then i will concede.

The right is voicing its opinion about the complete unsuitability of building the mosque there.

Which last I checked, is a constitutional right.

So who is proposing we deny constitutionally protected rights?

The left, of course, when they insist the people who protest have no "right" to do so.

hogwash

no one has said the right to protest is unconstitutional....

if so, PROVE IT allie or take it back....if you can prove it, then i will concede.

So...now there are three of us asking Allie for that proof.

No grounds exist whatsoever to stop the mosque legally or constitutionally, period. AllieBaba, a fascist of the far right, is making a claim without any support. Let's see it, Baba Looey.

So, if the left isn't shrieking that it's unconstitutional to protest the mosque, and the right isn't insisting that the government prevent the mosque from going up...

why does the left keep bringing the constitutionality of the situation up?

I know why. Because they're attempting to squash the voices of the protesters. The protesters aren't saying that the mosque builders don't have a right to build....and yet the left continues to say it's "unconstitutional" to prevent it.

Just as the idiots accuse the protesters of being a mob and "attacking" the idiot who waded into their midst, cursing and posturing. Even though nothing happened; one guy got in the idiot's face and three stepped forward to prevent violence. Big whoop.

No grounds exist whatsoever to stop the mosque legally or constitutionally, period. AllieBaba, a fascist of the far right, is making a claim without any support. Let's see it, Baba Looey.

So, if the left isn't shrieking that it's unconstitutional to protest the mosque, and the right isn't insisting that the government prevent the mosque from going up...

I know why. Because they're attempting to squash the voices of the protesters. The protesters aren't saying that the mosque builders don't have a right to build....and yet the left continues to say it's "unconstitutional" to prevent it.

Just as the idiots accuse the protesters of being a mob and "attacking" the idiot who waded into their midst, cursing and posturing. Even though nothing happened; one guy got in the idiot's face and three stepped forward to prevent violence. Big whoop.
so...I take it you are still scouring the threads and the internets to find some post or some quote from someone from the left where they said that it was unconstitutional to protest the mosque?

and you just posted this one here to let us know that you hadn't forgotten about our request?

Is that right?

great. keep us informed.:razz:

Who is attempting to squash the voices of the protestors, Allie? Who has arrested them? Who has fined them? Who has pushed them away or told them they can no longer talk about it? Who?

What incident are you referring to? The black man walking thru the crowd to get to work who had to explain several times that he was NOT a muslim and was being followed by the guy in the blue hard hat even tho he was walking away?

what i'd like to know is why i, a liberal, am arguing for less government control over parents' and individual rights and you, a conservative, are arguing for more? What principle is at stake here for you that the usual conservative belief in less government power over the individual is superseded in the case of organized prayer?

conservatives scream about "smaller government" when it suits their purposes, i.e., lower taxes, less regulation of big business, etc. When, however, it comes to imposing their will over others in areas where to do so is important to them, (abortion issues, prayer in public schools, "tort reform," etc.), then, all of a sudden, they are looking up at the sky and whistling when the subject of "big government" is brought up.
wrong

you just proven AB right
LOL
what a fucking moron

It will be a cold day in hell before I read all the posts in this thread...therefore, I need someone who is familiar with the thread to summarize the consensus opinion on the question: Is it consitutional (and appropriate) for a teacher in public school to lead students in a prayer during school time?

GO.

It will be a cold day in hell before I read all the posts in this thread...therefore, I need someone who is familiar with the thread to summarize the consensus opinion on the question: Is it consitutional (and appropriate) for a teacher in public school to lead students in a prayer during school time?

GO.
i say no
teachers should not be leading prayers in the classroom
what happens after and outside of school on a voluntary basis is another matter

GO.
i say no

Not even in a voluntary club? They do sometimes have meetings during school you know

you just proven AB right
LOL
what a fucking moron

Um, no he didn't. You apparently didn't really read what Allie is accusing "leftists" of doing. Shocking, that.

GO.

No.

you just proven AB right
LOL
what a fucking moron

Um, no he didn't. You apparently didn't really read what Allie is accusing "leftists" of doing. Shocking, that.
yes, i did
and he did what i said he did

GO.
i say no

Not even in a voluntary club? They do sometimes have meetings during school you know

That should be acceptable, before or after school hours...they have "Meet at the Flagpole" prayer thingees around here....about 1/2 hour before school starts.

As long as it is purely voluntary, they should be allowed during school hours as well.

i say no

That should be acceptable, before or after school hours...they have "Meet at the Flagpole" prayer thingees around here....about 1/2 hour before school starts.
which is basically what i said
not in the classroom
and by that i mean that the room is no longer a "classroom" after school hours

Forum List

Back