If a woman aborted my child, I would probably go ape shit. Why are the feelings of the father...

There is a simple solution. Don't have sex unless you both agree to having a baby in advance. If either of you is unwilling to have a child, at this time, then keep it in your pants.

No form of birth control is 100% effective. None. The only way you can guarantee that an unwanted pregnancy will not be the outcome of a sex Act is to abstain from intercourse.

What? I thought you lefties argued that teaching abstinence was foolish.

Because it doesn't work. The drive to have sex is second only to the instinct to survive.

I'm not promoting abstinence. Blackrook says he couldn't stand it if a woman aborted his child. Well the only way he can ensure that doesn't happen is to abstain from sex unless they both agree in advance to have a baby.

It doesn't matter if he's married or not. If she doesn't want a baby, and is just looking for a little romance, well that's too bad.

Men you complain about women who would abort their child probably knew she didn't want a baby before they had sex. This would be especially true if one or both of them were "taking precautions". If you really and truly don't believe in abortion and don't want a baby, the only way to guarantee that she won't get pregnant is to abstain from sex.

If you're a man, and you have sex with a woman, protected or otherwise, there is always a risk she will get pregnant. You either accept that risk or you abstain. If she opts for an abortion, you knew that risk before you had sex and you went ahead anyway.

If she chooses to have the child and he opts to not pay to support it, she knew the risk before when she spread her legs. Isn't that equal? Or do you support her having a choice and him not having one?

Nope. He knew the risks too. Once he lets those swimmers go, he's on the hook. Personal responsibility baby! This is what it really looks like.

Aborting a fetus you can't care for is personal responsibility. Accepting that you cannot, for whatever reason, carry a child to term or raise it is personal responsibility. But for a man to complain that a woman he knowingly had sex with is refusing to have his baby when he knew she didn't want a child, is petulant and foolish. You had a choice and you made it.

Aborting a baby you knew could be produced when you spread your legs isn't personal responsibility. Accepting the results of spreading your legs despite the results not being what you wanted is personal responsibility. Is it personally responsible to burn down your house if you can no longer pay for it?

Now for the rest of us. Since your argument is that the one letting go of the swimmers is the sole reason he is responsible for supporting the child, why are those of us that didn't let go of them with her responsible is she chooses to have a child she can't support? We didn't do the very thing for which you argue is the reason for the donor having to pay. Let me guess, you'll find some other excuse why a choice SHE made is not her responsibility to pay for.

She will be paying for that choice for the rest of her life. She will be raising that child, giving the baby her time, attention, and a goodly chunk of her worldly resources. If she needs some financial assistance to do this and the father isn't stepping up, you should be willing to help her through the rough patches since you think she did the right thing.

Americans think they're being patriotic by waving a flag. Canadians believe they're being patriotic by helping their fellow Canadians through rough patches. Love of country isn't something you wear on your lapel.

People are more important than things.

It has no rights while it freeloads off the mothers body. And there IS a time frame for those squatters rights.

Funny, that's not what the Supreme Court said when they were deciding Roe.

They said:

You don't get it. I DON'T CARE what the SC says. Its MY body. MY choice. Not yours. Not the courts. Not anybodys. PERIOD. And the laws can dictate whatever floats their boat but women who choose to NOT carry a fetus WILL find a way to remove it. So knock yourselves out trying to win control over a body that is not yours. Good luck with that.

You don't get it. I DON'T CARE what the SC says. Its MY body. MY choice. Not yours. Not the courts. Not anybodys. PERIOD. And the laws can dictate whatever floats their boat but women who choose to NOT carry a fetus WILL find a way to remove it. So knock yourselves out trying to win control over a body that is not yours. Good luck with that.

Thank you. That is exactly why it must be legal. It's part of human nature and Roe simply allows for it to be done safely.

Funny how those of you that say what a woman does with her body is her choice yet you want others to pay for things when the one making the choice can't afford to do so. If someone gets to make the sole choice, shouldn't the sole responsibility of paying for it be with the one making it?

Because it doesn't work. The drive to have sex is second only to the instinct to survive.

I'm not promoting abstinence. Blackrook says he couldn't stand it if a woman aborted his child. Well the only way he can ensure that doesn't happen is to abstain from sex unless they both agree in advance to have a baby.

It doesn't matter if he's married or not. If she doesn't want a baby, and is just looking for a little romance, well that's too bad.

Men you complain about women who would abort their child probably knew she didn't want a baby before they had sex. This would be especially true if one or both of them were "taking precautions". If you really and truly don't believe in abortion and don't want a baby, the only way to guarantee that she won't get pregnant is to abstain from sex.

If you're a man, and you have sex with a woman, protected or otherwise, there is always a risk she will get pregnant. You either accept that risk or you abstain. If she opts for an abortion, you knew that risk before you had sex and you went ahead anyway.

If she chooses to have the child and he opts to not pay to support it, she knew the risk before when she spread her legs. Isn't that equal? Or do you support her having a choice and him not having one?

Nope. He knew the risks too. Once he lets those swimmers go, he's on the hook. Personal responsibility baby! This is what it really looks like.

Aborting a fetus you can't care for is personal responsibility. Accepting that you cannot, for whatever reason, carry a child to term or raise it is personal responsibility. But for a man to complain that a woman he knowingly had sex with is refusing to have his baby when he knew she didn't want a child, is petulant and foolish. You had a choice and you made it.

Aborting a baby you knew could be produced when you spread your legs isn't personal responsibility. Accepting the results of spreading your legs despite the results not being what you wanted is personal responsibility. Is it personally responsible to burn down your house if you can no longer pay for it?

Now for the rest of us. Since your argument is that the one letting go of the swimmers is the sole reason he is responsible for supporting the child, why are those of us that didn't let go of them with her responsible is she chooses to have a child she can't support? We didn't do the very thing for which you argue is the reason for the donor having to pay. Let me guess, you'll find some other excuse why a choice SHE made is not her responsibility to pay for.

She will be paying for that choice for the rest of her life. She will be raising that child, giving the baby her time, attention, and a goodly chunk of her worldly resources. If she needs some financial assistance to do this and the father isn't stepping up, you should be willing to help her through the rough patches since you think she did the right thing.

Americans think they're being patriotic by waving a flag. Canadians believe they're being patriotic by helping their fellow Canadians through rough patches. Love of country isn't something you wear on your lapel.

Progressives don't believe that.

They believe there are too many people, that animals and trees and dirt are every bit as valuable as human beings...and much, much more valuable than weak human beings..particularly inanimate objects and animals are more valuable than vulnerable women, babies, the elderly, and the disabled.

She should be paying for that choice. SHE made it. She should be raising that child, giving it her time and a chunk of her resources. What she shouldn't have the ability to do is give it any of the resources of those she told to butt out of her choice when she made it. If she wants me to butt out, I'm good with that. However, don't have her come demanding for me to butt in when she can't afford her choices. What you're asking me to do is be willing to be a part of what I was told I shouldn't be a part of in the first place.

My things are more important to me than something I was told to butt out of. MY children are more important to me than someone's children that said when she made a choice related to her body is none of my business. Why is it that I should be willing to do something when the one wanting me to do it told me to stay out of what she was doing? Do whatever you want in life but don't come crying when the results of what you wanted to do aren't what you like.

If a woman aborted my child, I would probably go ape shit. Why are the feelings of the father...

You probably should have taken measures to prevent knocking her up in the first place.

Where is her responsibility for not getting knocked up? She played half the role in the process by spreading her legs. In fact, he couldn't have done the knocking if she hadn't presented to door.

While I agree that it takes two, the premise was paternal rights. Simply don't put yourself in the position of facing that moral dilemma.

It has no rights while it freeloads off the mothers body. And there IS a time frame for those squatters rights.

They said:

Thank you. That is exactly why it must be legal. It's part of human nature and Roe simply allows for it to be done safely.

Funny how those of you that say what a woman does with her body is her choice yet you want others to pay for things when the one making the choice can't afford to do so. If someone gets to make the sole choice, shouldn't the sole responsibility of paying for it be with the one making it?

You had your choice and are responsible for the results

So you agree it wasnt possible? Therefore the burden was entirely on her right? Who are you to dictate to her what she should or shouldnt do with her own body?

I have the same right to tell the expectant mother of our child that she has no right to kill our child that I have to tell anyone else. maybe more so.

The same right that i have to oppose any OTHER forms of child molestation.
I said dictate not tell. No one cares what you tell someone. Dictate would be forcing the issue. and yes she has a right to have an abortion. Its the law.
The law is based on an arbitrary and capricous dictate by a power grasping Supreme Court, based on a notion of "right to privacy" that was a legal fiction not found in the actual text or original intent of the United States, imposed on the states, regardless of what the American people wanted.

The law is based on an arbitrary and capricous dictate by a power grasping Supreme Court, based on a notion of "right to privacy" that was a legal fiction not found in the actual text or original intent of the United States, imposed on the states, regardless of what the American people wanted.

No, the law is based on the understanding that abortion, legal or otherwise, is part of the human condition and will always happen. It was determined that making it legal and therefore regulated at least makes it safe. It was a compromise.
Moral or not, it will always happen.

Safe for whom? Every abortion takes the life of a living being.

Interesting how you justify immoral acts.

Safe for the patient of course.

Interesting that you struggle with your native language.

You probably should have taken measures to prevent knocking her up in the first place.

Where is her responsibility for not getting knocked up? She played half the role in the process by spreading her legs. In fact, he couldn't have done the knocking if she hadn't presented to door.

While I agree that it takes two, the premise was paternal rights. Simply don't put yourself in the position of facing that moral dilemma.

Yet you refuse to answer the question. I didn't think you had the guts.

They said:

You had your choice and are responsible for the results

If I'm not the one that got her pregnant, I'm not financially responsible for her pregnancy and her choices.

I have the same right to tell the expectant mother of our child that she has no right to kill our child that I have to tell anyone else. maybe more so.

The same right that i have to oppose any OTHER forms of child molestation.
I said dictate not tell. No one cares what you tell someone. Dictate would be forcing the issue. and yes she has a right to have an abortion. Its the law.

No, the law is based on the understanding that abortion, legal or otherwise, is part of the human condition and will always happen. It was determined that making it legal and therefore regulated at least makes it safe. It was a compromise.

But not for the one being killed.

Interesting that you don't care about that life.

Dont get emotional. Use your brain. Its horrible to witness a abortion however until you have to carry the child you really dont have a say in the matter.
So I should stand by silently while innocent children are butchered? Is that your advice to me?

Or simply don't impregnate random women.

Are you saying every abortion is done due to someone impregnating a random woman?

Well, she didn't get there on her own.
The OP was lamenting the lack of paternal rights. The solution is not to put yourself in such a position in the first place. It's not solely the woman's responsibility to prevent unwanted pregnancy.

You said random women.

I agree the responsibility when it comes to a child being produced is that of both. I also believe that since it is, the choice belongs to both. In addition, if the decision is to have the child, it isn't the responsibility of anyone but those making the choice to carry the financial responsibility of that choice. Those of us that didn't impregnate her or decide for her to have the child have no responsibility in that area.

By the way, there is no such thing as an unwanted pregnancy except in the cases where rape occurred.
You said random women.
Random insofar as the male doesn't know his partner well enough to know her intentions regarding pregnancy.

By the way, there is no such thing as an unwanted pregnancy except in the cases where rape occurred.

You need to explain this.

...never discussed, or even considered?

There must be all kinds of stories of fathers who wanted to keep their child, but the mother aborted and they could do nothing to stop it.

I am convinced the pro-abort media is censoring these stories, which must be in the millions by now.

I do have a story of a friend of mine, who was blackmailed into a very bad marriage.

She said, "Marry me, or I will abort your child."

So he married her, even though I told him the marriage would never last, even though his father told him he'd get an all-expenses paid trip through Europe if he didn't marry her.

Of course, none of us knew about the abortion threat, because he kept that a secret.

And, sure enough, the marriage was very unhappy, and as I predicted, ended in divorce.

Why doesn't the media cover a story like that?

I find the story very interesting, don't you?
Why didn't your friend keep it in his pants?

Very simple reason. You dont have to carry the load for 9 months and have basically a parasite eating off you.
If we lived in a civilized world populated by civilized people, you would have to hide yourself in shame for the rest of your life for uttering those horrible words.

But among liberals, who are morally corrupt and reprehensible in all ways that matter, your words will barely register at all.
Of course....you do not put any responsibility on the man for not keeping it in his pants until he's found the woman he wants to marry or has just married.

They said:

Since most people don't entirely control our economic circumstances, it is in the public good to help the most economically vulnerable during difficult times.

I didn't cause the 2008 economic collapse either, but I did lose my job as a result of that collapse. Why should I have to suffer since I did nothing wrong and everything right? My bosses begged the firm not to let me go but it was a purely economic decision.

My neighbour's husband took a powder leaving her with 2 young children, no job and no prospects. She applied for welfare, went back to school, and became a teacher. My tax dollars helped her do that. I have no issue with helping her. She's s nice person and she's doing right by her family and her community.

You want people to do what you perceive to be the "right" thin

Progressives don't believe that.

They believe there are too many people, that animals and trees and dirt are every bit as valuable as human beings...and much, much more valuable than weak human beings..particularly inanimate objects and animals are more valuable than vulnerable women, babies, the elderly, and the disabled.

You haven't the vaguest clue what progressives believe. If not for progressives there would be no social assistance of any kind for the poor, the elderly, the disabled, or children. Conservatives have fought against all of these things at every step of the way, saying leave it up to the church's or personal charity.

You personally rail against ever food stamps, Medicare, and every tax dollar spent on social programs. What a hypocrite!

Of course that is the outcome whether legal or illegal, moral or immoral. It has no bearing on the debate.

Okay, first let me say that aborting a baby is one of the worst things someone can do. There should be a damn fucking good reason for doing so. If we're going to do it, why not let mother kill child up until the ages of 2 years after birth? All the same reasons still apply. Let mama kill baby.

With that said, balance the burdens of the mother verses the father. Mother has to carry the baby, which fucks up her body. She has to live with the burden of caring for the child for a good portion of her life. All father has had to do in the entire process is FUCK.

The decision should be the mother's alone, given her extreme burden compared with the father's.
I have three children, a 32-year-old daughter, a 26-year old daughter, and a 22-year-old son.

I can assure you that my involvement with my children has extended far beyond the sex acts that created them.

I married their mother, and I supported her and my children, and though they are grown, I still have some responsibility for them.

My son still lives with me, and though he pays me for room and board and auto insurance, I pay for his college tuition.

My daughters still call me every time they need free legal advice.

I love my children very much, and it would be very painful for me if I knew a child of mine had been aborted.

I believe that knowledge would distrurb me so greatly that I would need spiritual and psychological counseling to help me overcome my grief.

And so that makes me certain that there are millions of men and women who are grieving abortions, and this is a story that is being deliberately suppressed by the media and the elites who control this country.
So basically you had children with a woman that wanted children like I said in the first place?
Our first child was before we were married. She could have gotten an abortion, but she was pro-life like me and never considered it. We were very young, and had no way to support the family. My father had to help us, and I fortunately had inherited some money from my mother. Abortion would have been an easy way out, but we did not do that, and I have no regrets that we kept our daughter.
I didnt say anything about marriage. You can have children regardless of being married. I said you had children with a woman that wanted to have children. Thats a good decision you made. People who have sex with a woman that doesnt want children or you havent discussed it has no responsibility (moral or legal) to carry the child for you at all.
My guess is that you don't believe in God, so you are wandering in darkness and don't know the difference between right and wrong.
Why are we required to believe in your god in the way you do?

So I should stand by silently while innocent children are butchered? Is that your advice to me?

Or simply don't impregnate random women.

Are you saying every abortion is done due to someone impregnating a random woman?

Well, she didn't get there on her own.
The OP was lamenting the lack of paternal rights. The solution is not to put yourself in such a position in the first place. It's not solely the woman's responsibility to prevent unwanted pregnancy.

You said random women.

I agree the responsibility when it comes to a child being produced is that of both. I also believe that since it is, the choice belongs to both. In addition, if the decision is to have the child, it isn't the responsibility of anyone but those making the choice to carry the financial responsibility of that choice. Those of us that didn't impregnate her or decide for her to have the child have no responsibility in that area.

You said random women.
Random insofar as the male doesn't know his partner well enough to know her intentions regarding pregnancy.

You need to explain this.

In many cases, that's impossible to know until she gets pregnant. But reach if you must.

If someone does something that KNOW can produce a certain result, they can't say it was unwanted. Unintended, yes.

Of course that is the outcome whether legal or illegal, moral or immoral. It has no bearing on the debate.

It absolutely has a bearing. Give them coat hangers.

I have three children, a 32-year-old daughter, a 26-year old daughter, and a 22-year-old son.

I can assure you that my involvement with my children has extended far beyond the sex acts that created them.

I married their mother, and I supported her and my children, and though they are grown, I still have some responsibility for them.

My son still lives with me, and though he pays me for room and board and auto insurance, I pay for his college tuition.

My daughters still call me every time they need free legal advice.

I love my children very much, and it would be very painful for me if I knew a child of mine had been aborted.

I believe that knowledge would distrurb me so greatly that I would need spiritual and psychological counseling to help me overcome my grief.

And so that makes me certain that there are millions of men and women who are grieving abortions, and this is a story that is being deliberately suppressed by the media and the elites who control this country.
So basically you had children with a woman that wanted children like I said in the first place?
Our first child was before we were married. She could have gotten an abortion, but she was pro-life like me and never considered it. We were very young, and had no way to support the family. My father had to help us, and I fortunately had inherited some money from my mother. Abortion would have been an easy way out, but we did not do that, and I have no regrets that we kept our daughter.
I didnt say anything about marriage. You can have children regardless of being married. I said you had children with a woman that wanted to have children. Thats a good decision you made. People who have sex with a woman that doesnt want children or you havent discussed it has no responsibility (moral or legal) to carry the child for you at all.
My guess is that you don't believe in God, so you are wandering in darkness and don't know the difference between right and wrong.
Why are we required to believe in your god in the way you do?

Why are we required to do things the way you think we should. Funny how those that demand people should push their beliefs on others do just that when it comes to all sorts of things.

Forum List

Back