If banning rifles is a winner for democrats, why do they want to hide it from voters?

I have a pile of guns. So being for a ban on assault type rifles does not make me an anti-gunner. Quit being such a NRA fed dick.

Yes, it does......the only reason to ban the AR-15 rifle is because it is a semi auto rifle.... if they can ban it on those grounds they can ban all semi auto weapons, which is what they called for at the CNN Townhall, at the school walkouts and at the various rallies....

Wrong. They ban it because it's designed to be the most effective and deadly personal killing tool for mankind in the world and has been from the day it was first introduced in whatever creation it is introduced as, full auto, 3 shot burst or even single trigger pull. It makes everyone that can use it a potential one many mass killing machine. Most won't ever reach that potential. But enough have and more will in the future. IT's become a Mass Murder Cult Killer Weapon. Forget that it can also be used to hunt varmints with. It's original purpose was to mass kill and it's a very good tool for that if it's used that way. More and more people are seeing it that way. 4 states have already banned the AR-15 and it's variants. Many more states have banned the large capacity Mags as well. School Children had Mothers that Vote. Seniors that have just Graduated are now of voting age. And you are hoping that everyone forgets by November. There are a whole bunch of people that won't let that happen and people will vote. Now, it that don't scare the hell out of you, it should.

You had your turn. You blew it.

Wrong again..... mass shooters use pistols over rifles....you dumb ass.

The ones who won't forget, dumb ass, are the gun owners....they don't get distracted by eating tide pods, snorting condoms and playing X-Box all day....

In the last 20 years, the record holders all used the AR-15. That's the score to beat. The handgun shooters were light weights with no obstacles. The AR shooters have to be fast and very good. Handguns just won't cut it anymore. Too many factors against them.

Yes, us Gun Owners won't forget. We want the NRA Robots and Lackeys out of office so we can have a safer community with common sense gun regulations. Now, stop making shit up.

Hey Moron the vast majority of murders are committed with handguns

Excellent point.....

Each year, on average, fewer than 76 people are killed in mass shootings with all gun types.....the other 10,928 people, mostly criminals, who are murdered, are murdered with pistols....

One would think that they would only have to rule once. But it appears your bunch keeps bringing it up from different directions expecting different rulings. Yet they make the same ruling over and over. They can do no otherwise. They can only rule on the constitutionality of it. Usually, they don't bother ruling on it because it's nonsense. You just take the dissent as a victory and hound everyone with it as it it was the ruling. The fact remains that your rights to own a specific gun is NOT a given. What they have ruled on is that you have the right to own, purchase and have in your home a traditional handgun, rifle or shotgun. All others can be regulated and even banned by any state or lower government as they see fit under the 14th amendment. You keep forgetting that part of the Constitution of the United States but the Supreme Court has not. Some states and lower governments have deemed the AR-15 specifically as a danger and have either banned it or heavily regulated it and it's withstood the NRA trying to bounce it in Federal Court. How many times do they have to make the same ruling before your bunch stops this nonsense expecting a different outcome. You want a different outcome, change the Constitution of the United States 14th amendment and the various state and local laws. Now, stop making shit up.

Don't tell me what I take as a victory or what "bunch" I am in because you don't have a fucking clue as to what I think

Aren't you tired yet of having your butt handed to your yet? This reminds me of a whackamole where I can't miss.

You couldn't hand anyone's butt to anyone without a forklift feeble old man that you are

I don't have to hand you your butt. You keep handing it to yourself. So stop making shit up.
Says the feeble minded old man who thinks and AR 15 is more than a plain old ordinary semiautomatic rifle

Ah, the truth is out. You are a racist bigot. I guess when the revolution comes we get rounded up right along with the jews, gays, nigras, democrats and anyone else that disagrees with your bunch and we get either shot, hung or gassed. Where have I heard of this before?

I have a pile of guns. So being for a ban on assault type rifles does not make me an anti-gunner. Quit being such a NRA fed dick.

Yes, it does......the only reason to ban the AR-15 rifle is because it is a semi auto rifle.... if they can ban it on those grounds they can ban all semi auto weapons, which is what they called for at the CNN Townhall, at the school walkouts and at the various rallies....

Wrong. They ban it because it's designed to be the most effective and deadly personal killing tool for mankind in the world and has been from the day it was first introduced in whatever creation it is introduced as, full auto, 3 shot burst or even single trigger pull. It makes everyone that can use it a potential one many mass killing machine. Most won't ever reach that potential. But enough have and more will in the future. IT's become a Mass Murder Cult Killer Weapon. Forget that it can also be used to hunt varmints with. It's original purpose was to mass kill and it's a very good tool for that if it's used that way. More and more people are seeing it that way. 4 states have already banned the AR-15 and it's variants. Many more states have banned the large capacity Mags as well. School Children had Mothers that Vote. Seniors that have just Graduated are now of voting age. And you are hoping that everyone forgets by November. There are a whole bunch of people that won't let that happen and people will vote. Now, it that don't scare the hell out of you, it should.

The ones who won't forget, dumb ass, are the gun owners....they don't get distracted by eating tide pods, snorting condoms and playing X-Box all day....

In the last 20 years, the record holders all used the AR-15. That's the score to beat. The handgun shooters were light weights with no obstacles. The AR shooters have to be fast and very good. Handguns just won't cut it anymore. Too many factors against them.

Yes, us Gun Owners won't forget. We want the NRA Robots and Lackeys out of office so we can have a safer community with common sense gun regulations. Now, stop making shit up.

Yet in the United States, the highest body counts for Mass Murder goes to the AR-15 wielders. And it's being done with precautions being in place to prevent the high body counts. We almost had one here. I imagine that there are quite a few almosts all across the nation where the perp was stopped prior to getting to the location that you won't hear. It's not sensational news and only gets a report on page 4 of one or two lines in a local newspaper. You only drool at the successful ones.

Excellent point.....

Each year, on average, fewer than 76 people are killed in mass shootings with all gun types.....the other 10,928 people, mostly criminals, who are murdered, are murdered with pistols....

Yes, in the last 1826 days, there has been 1674 mass shootings where at least 4 or more people not including the shooter was killed. That means 9 out of 10 days, a mass shooting occurs in the United States. No other country even comes close to those figures. Mass shootings in the US: there have been 1,624 in 1,870 days
When you look at the total body counts though, you see a different picture. With the handgun, shotgun and normal semi auto rifle, you see a relatively low body count with low death rates. But when you see where the AR-15 was used, the body count goes way up. In fact, the AR-15 easily leads the body count in both deaths and injuries by a long shot. We can't do a lot about the lower body counts since you Republicans refuse to allow the law enforcement and legal people to prevent the mentally ill that could be stopped cold but we can do something about the high body count mass shooter in our schools.

The average age of the School mass shooter is 19. The Weapon was purchased legally. The Mags are 30 round capacity. There were already several red flags that went off prior to the shooting but there are no laws in place to temporarily remove the weapons from their reach. And the high body counts starting only a couple of years ago, the weapon of choice has been the AR-15. You don't see any indicators here that they could have been prevented? I do. Unlike the normal "Going Postal", there were so many red flags and indicators that this kid was going to shoot up a school that he should have been stopped cold long before he hit the front gate.

While we can do little at this time, other than beef up police presence in high crime areas where criminals are killing criminals (and innocents as well), we can do something about the high body count mass shootings by raising the age limits for purchase of the ammo, universal gun checks, and making it more difficult to purchase or obtain the one tool that has become part of the Mass Shooters Cult. The first step is to let people know that your and people like you are part of that cult and are contributing to the cult following by these sick puppies of this one weapon. The sooner you shut the F up the sooner we can get it back to a more manageable level. So take a bow. And keep salivating on each mass murdering incident in our Schools, Churches, Theaters, and more.

Don't tell me what I take as a victory or what "bunch" I am in because you don't have a fucking clue as to what I think

Aren't you tired yet of having your butt handed to your yet? This reminds me of a whackamole where I can't miss.

You couldn't hand anyone's butt to anyone without a forklift feeble old man that you are

I don't have to hand you your butt. You keep handing it to yourself. So stop making shit up.
Says the feeble minded old man who thinks and AR 15 is more than a plain old ordinary semiautomatic rifle

Ah, the truth is out. You are a racist bigot. I guess when the revolution comes we get rounded up right along with the jews, gays, nigras, democrats and anyone else that disagrees with your bunch and we get either shot, hung or gassed. Where have I heard of this before?

Prove it with quotes. If I am a racist bigot it should be easy to find evidence in the many lines of text I have posted on this board.

And you are a feeble old man you have proven that here.

You think a mere 5 extra 9 mm rounds weigh too much to carry

Yet in the United States, the highest body counts for Mass Murder goes to the AR-15 wielders. And it's being done with precautions being in place to prevent the high body counts. We almost had one here. I imagine that there are quite a few almosts all across the nation where the perp was stopped prior to getting to the location that you won't hear. It's not sensational news and only gets a report on page 4 of one or two lines in a local newspaper. You only drool at the successful ones.

mass murders account for 1% of all murders

The fact that you concentrate all your efforts on 1% of all murders indicates that you don't give a shit about murders as much as you do gun control or just control in general

Excellent point.....

Yes, in the last 1826 days, there has been 1674 mass shootings where at least 4 or more people not including the shooter was killed. That means 9 out of 10 days, a mass shooting occurs in the United States. No other country even comes close to those figures. Mass shootings in the US: there have been 1,624 in 1,870 days
When you look at the total body counts though, you see a different picture. With the handgun, shotgun and normal semi auto rifle, you see a relatively low body count with low death rates. But when you see where the AR-15 was used, the body count goes way up. In fact, the AR-15 easily leads the body count in both deaths and injuries by a long shot. We can't do a lot about the lower body counts since you Republicans refuse to allow the law enforcement and legal people to prevent the mentally ill that could be stopped cold but we can do something about the high body count mass shooter in our schools.

The average age of the School mass shooter is 19. The Weapon was purchased legally. The Mags are 30 round capacity. There were already several red flags that went off prior to the shooting but there are no laws in place to temporarily remove the weapons from their reach. And the high body counts starting only a couple of years ago, the weapon of choice has been the AR-15. You don't see any indicators here that they could have been prevented? I do. Unlike the normal "Going Postal", there were so many red flags and indicators that this kid was going to shoot up a school that he should have been stopped cold long before he hit the front gate.

While we can do little at this time, other than beef up police presence in high crime areas where criminals are killing criminals (and innocents as well), we can do something about the high body count mass shootings by raising the age limits for purchase of the ammo, universal gun checks, and making it more difficult to purchase or obtain the one tool that has become part of the Mass Shooters Cult. The first step is to let people know that your and people like you are part of that cult and are contributing to the cult following by these sick puppies of this one weapon. The sooner you shut the F up the sooner we can get it back to a more manageable level. So take a bow. And keep salivating on each mass murdering incident in our Schools, Churches, Theaters, and more.

Moron, there have not been 1,674 mass shootings.... you are lying..... Mother Jones, an anti gun, left wing news organization puts the actual count, according to actual definitions of mass public shootings at 11 for 2017....... And since the democrat school shooting season is over, we can expect fewer until fall when the democrat school shooting season opens again with their gun free zones..

This is an exact count on mass public shootings going back to 1982..... again, from Mother JOnes......so don't tell me they are the NRA.....you moron...
US Mass Shootings, 1982-2015: Data From Mother Jones' Investigation

2017: 11 ( 5 according to the old standard)

2015....4 ( obama's new standard....7)

2014....2 (4)

2002 not listed so more than likely 0

1985... not listed so probably 0

1983...not listed so probably 0

Excellent point.....

Moron.... the Parkland shooter used 10 round magazines...... magazine capacity has no bearing on the deaths in a mass public shooting, the time a shooter has before being confronted by a good guy with a gun is the determinate......you moron...

Here.... actual research....
SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class journal research

Large-Capacity Magazines and the Casualty Counts in Mass Shootings: The Plausibility of Linkages by Gary Kleck :: SSRN

Do bans on large-capacity magazines (LCMs) for semiautomatic firearms have significant potential for reducing the number of deaths and injuries in mass shootings?
The most common rationale for an effect of LCM use is that they allow mass killers to fire many rounds without reloading.
LCMs are used is less than 1/3 of 1% of mass shootings.
News accounts of 23 shootings in which more than six people were killed or wounded and LCMs were used, occurring in the U.S. in 1994-2013, were examined.
There was only one incident in which the shooter may have been stopped by bystander intervention when he tried to reload.
In all of these 23 incidents the shooter possessed either multiple guns or multiple magazines, meaning that the shooter, even if denied LCMs, could have continued firing without significant interruption by either switching loaded guns or by changing smaller loaded magazines with only a 2-4 second delay for each magazine change.
Finally, the data indicate that mass shooters maintain slow enough rates of fire such that the time needed to reload would not increase the time between shots and thus the time available for prospective victims to escape.

--------

We did not employ the oft-used definition of “mass murder” as a homicide in which four or more victims were killed, because most of these involve just four to six victims (Duwe 2007), which could therefore have involved as few as six rounds fired, a number that shooters using even ordinary revolvers are capable of firing without reloading.

LCMs obviously cannot help shooters who fire no more rounds than could be fired without LCMs, so the inclusion of “nonaffectable” cases with only four to six victims would dilute the sample, reducing the percent of sample incidents in which an LCM might have affected the number of casualties.

Further, had we studied only homicides with four or more dead victims, drawn from the FBI’s Supplementary Homicide Reports, we would have missed cases in which huge numbers of people were shot, and huge numbers of rounds were fired, but three or fewer of the victims died.

For example, in one widely publicized shooting carried out in Los Angeles on February 28, 1997, two bank robbers shot a total of 18 people - surely a mass shooting by any reasonable standard (Table 1).

Yet, because none of the people they shot died, this incident would not qualify as a mass murder (or even murder of any kind).

Exclusion of such incidents would bias the sample against the proposition that LCM use increases the number of victims by excluding incidents with large numbers of victims. We also excluded shootings in which more than six persons were shot over the entire course of the incident but shootings occurred in multiple locations with no more than six people shot in any one of the locations, and substantial periods of time intervened between episodes of shooting. An example is the series of killings committed by Rodrick Dantzler on July 7, 2011.

Once eligible incidents were identified, we searched through news accounts for details related to whether the use of LCMs could have influenced the casualty counts.

Specifically, we searched for

(1) the number of magazines in the shooter’s immediate possession,

(2) the capacity of the largest magazine,

(3) the number of guns in the shooter’s immediate possession during the incident,

(4) the types of guns possessed,

(5) whether the shooter reloaded during the incident,

(6) the number of rounds fired,

(7) the duration of the shooting from the first shot fired to the last, and (8) whether anyone intervened to stop the shooter.

Findings How Many Mass Shootings were Committed Using LCMs?

We identified 23 total incidents in which more than six people were shot at a single time and place in the U.S. from 1994 through 2013 and that were known to involve use of any magazines with capacities over ten rounds.

Table 1 summarizes key details of the LCMinvolved mass shootings relevant to the issues addressed in this paper.

(Table 1 about here) What fraction of all mass shootings involve LCMs?

There is no comprehensive listing of all mass shootings available for the entire 1994-2013 period, but the most extensive one currently available is at the Shootingtracker.com website, which only began its coverage in 2013.

-----

-----
The offenders in LCM-involved mass shootings were also known to have reloaded during 14 of the 23 (61%) incidents with magazine holding over 10 rounds.

The shooters were known to have not reloaded in another two of these 20 incidents and it could not be determined if they reloaded in the remaining seven incidents.

Thus, even if the shooters had been denied LCMs, we know that most of them definitely would have been able to reload smaller detachable magazines without interference from bystanders since they in fact did change magazines.

The fact that this percentage is less than 100% should not, however, be interpreted to mean that the shooters were unable to reload in the other nine incidents.

It is possible that the shooters could also have reloaded in many of these nine shootings, but chose not to do so, or did not need to do so in order to fire all the rounds they wanted to fire. This is consistent with the fact that there has been at most only one mass shootings in twenty years in which reloading a semiautomatic firearm might have been blocked by bystanders intervening and thereby stopping the shooter from doing all the shooting he wanted to do. All we know is that in two incidents the shooter did not reload, and news accounts of seven other incidents did not mention whether the offender reloaded.

----

For example, a story in the Hartford Courant about the Sandy Hook elementary school killings in 2012 was headlined “Shooter Paused, and Six Escaped,” the text asserting that as many as six children may have survived because the shooter paused to reload (December 23, 2012). ''

The author of the story, however, went on to concede that this was just a speculation by an unnamed source, and that it was also possible that some children simply escaped when the killer was shooting other children.

There was no reliable evidence that the pauses were due to the shooter reloading, rather than his guns jamming or the shooter simply choosing to pause his shooting while his gun was still loaded.

The plausibility of the “victims escape” rationale depends on the average rates of fire that shooters in mass shootings typically maintain.

If they fire very fast, the 2-4 seconds it takes to change box-type detachable magazines could produce a slowing of the rate of fire that the shooters otherwise would have maintained without the magazine changes, increasing the average time between rounds fired and potentially allowing more victims to escape during the betweenshot intervals.

On the other hand, if mass shooters fire their guns with the average interval between shots lasting more than 2-4 seconds, the pauses due to additional magazine changes would be no longer than the pauses the shooter typically took between shots even when not reloading.

In that case, there would be no more opportunity for potential victims to escape than there would have been without the additional magazine changes

-----

SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class journal research

In sum, in nearly all LCM-involved mass shootings, the time it takes to reload a detachable magazine is no greater than the average time between shots that the shooter takes anyway when not reloading.

Consequently, there is no affirmative evidence that reloading detachable magazines slows mass shooters’ rates of fire, and thus no affirmative evidence that the number of victims who could escape the killers due to additional pauses in the shooting is increased by the shooter’s need to change magazines.

Excellent point.....

Moron..... Luby's cafe in 1991, 24 people killed with 2 pistols.... Virginia Tech, 2007 33 killed with 2 pistols.....

You don't know what you are talking about....

Nothing you just suggested, not one of them from the ammo limits, the universal checks, or any of them would do anything...and that you push those ideas shows you are not concened with stopping mass shooters, you want to take guns away from people one step at time....

And as as stupid dumb ass, you keep posting things that are either lies or just stupid.....

Wrong... you had one shooting the one in Vegas where they guy fired from a concealed and fortified position into a tightly packed crowd of over 22,000 people and the police who did not burst into his room to stop him........where you had 58 killed....

The Parkland shooting had 17 killed with the AR-15 because the police refused to enter the building....

The Pulse nightclub shooting had 49 killed..... because the police refused to enter the building...

And all of them were gun free zones....

Meanwhile.... Luby's Cafe, 24 people killed with 2 pistols...gun free zone.

Virginia Tech, 33 killed with 2 pistols....gun free zone...

Notice anything, you moron.....they were gun free zones where the victims were helpless....

...and still people kill people not firearms

Excellent point.....

...and still More people die from falling out of bed then from anyone being killed by someone using an AR15

Excellent point.....

...and still More people die from falling out of bed then from anyone being killed by someone using an AR15

Outside of some of the Homeless, all people sleep in some kind of beds making the bed the most used of anything in the world by the most population. Now, how about giving us the stats on how many people die falling out of beds. That way we can know exactly how dangerous that really is.

Excellent point.....

Outside of some of the Homeless, all people sleep in some kind of beds making the bed the most used of anything in the world by the most population. Now, how about giving us the stats on how many people die falling out of beds. That way we can know exactly how dangerous that really is.
2018 Real Time Death Statistics in America

Excellent point.....

4051_large_image_9821347d-0476-491e-81e2-a317d6b55c41_grande.jpeg

Excellent point.....

4051_large_image_9821347d-0476-491e-81e2-a317d6b55c41_grande.jpeg

I still want to know your strawman how many people die getting out of bed. We all sit on pins and needles waiting on that one.

I'll say it again. The only guns I want turned in, outside of violent people, unstable people and the like, are people like you that are the most likely to use them to harm others. Otherwise, the rest of us are doing just fine. With all this fear and hate, how do you even get out of bed?

Excellent point.....

Fact checking the information, it's BS for the most part. According to CDC, the leading death rates causes are from, in this order,

• Heart disease: 614,348
  • Cancer: 591,699
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 147,101
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 136,053
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 133,103
  • Alzheimer’s disease: 93,541
  • Diabetes: 76,488
  • Influenza and pneumonia: 55,227
  • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 48,146
  • Intentional self-harm (suicide): 42,773

You can see that Abortion didn't even make that list. Neither did Death by Firearms either. But the number for Death by Firearms was much higher than your list. Someone is playing loose with your numbers.

Excellent point.....

Fact checking the information, it's BS for the most part. According to CDC, the leading death rates causes are from, in this order,

You can see that Abortion didn't even make that list. Neither did Death by Firearms either. But the number for Death by Firearms was much higher than your list. Someone is playing loose with your numbers.
It’s from the cdc... dumbass

What about medical errors? They are murder what are you going to do about them...

What about medical errors? They are murder what are you going to do about them...

So is mine. Medical Errors are mistakes. They are not murder. Another strawman from you. Sounds to me like your cite is padding the books a whole lot and misrepresenting it as facts. Stop making shit up.

So is mine. Medical Errors are mistakes. They are not murder. Another strawman from you. Sounds to me like your cite is padding the books a whole lot and misrepresenting it as facts. Stop making shit up.
Medical errors are murder, absolutely...

Forum List

Back