If Ebola is so contagious why

Why I'm not worried in the short term, but am worried about the medium to long term.

- It appears to me that Ebola is deadly mostly to people who already have compromised immune systems (poor people with inadequate hygiene). (Side note: HIV/Aids is similar in that those most at risk already have damaged immune systems.) The survivors in the U.S. have had plenty of clean hydration and were relatively healthy to begin with. As long as Ebola doesn't mutate into a true airborne virus, the risk to most people will remain very small.

- Despite the above, I'm very worried that our Incompetent and Arrogant Government will make things far, far worse than they would have been if we'd banned flights from the Ebola areas, if the CDC has stayed true to its actual mission, if the FDA weren't functioning as a innovation prevention center, and if we had invested in the regional centers to fight Ebola in the areas of origin.

- Viruses do mutate, and the less we contain Ebola now, the more opportunities it will have to mutate. A Pandemic is not out of the realm of possibilities.

I can't disagree with the majority of your post, the one thing I would say is that for a virus to mutate, it usually takes many many millions of replications. If it was or is going to happen, it will happen in Africa first.

If Ebola goes airborne, it will be a world wide problem that border closing a will have no affect on.

Why I'm not worried in the short term, but am worried about the medium to long term.

- It appears to me that Ebola is deadly mostly to people who already have compromised immune systems (poor people with inadequate hygiene). (Side note: HIV/Aids is similar in that those most at risk already have damaged immune systems.) The survivors in the U.S. have had plenty of clean hydration and were relatively healthy to begin with. As long as Ebola doesn't mutate into a true airborne virus, the risk to most people will remain very small.

- Despite the above, I'm very worried that our Incompetent and Arrogant Government will make things far, far worse than they would have been if we'd banned flights from the Ebola areas, if the CDC has stayed true to its actual mission, if the FDA weren't functioning as a innovation prevention center, and if we had invested in the regional centers to fight Ebola in the areas of origin.

- Viruses do mutate, and the less we contain Ebola now, the more opportunities it will have to mutate. A Pandemic is not out of the realm of possibilities.

I can't disagree with the majority of your post, the one thing I would say is that for a virus to mutate, it usually takes many many millions of replications. If it was or is going to happen, it will happen in Africa first.

If Ebola goes airborne, it will be a world wide problem that border closing a will have no affect on.

The point is to limit it now so that the opportunity to mutate is significantly reduced.

Perhaps Obama should appoint these two Male Strippers as Ebola Czars. They certainly seem more competent that Obama's inner circle of Bright Lights.

Oh, this is going to make such a great subplot for Matthew McConaughey in “Magic Mike II.” Two male strippers from Texas who were on infected nurse Amber Joy Vinson’s flight from Cleveland to Dallas have self-quarantined after being informed they were seated within several feet of Vinson. Axl/Taylor 2016?

He may not be a rocket scientist, but he thinks he can prevent an Ebola outbreak better than the CDC.

An exotic dancer from Texas has quarantined himself after he and his stripping friend shared a plane with an Ebola patient — and he’s shocked that health officials haven’t required his isolation.

After Axl Goode and Taylor Cole sat within 3 feet of nurse Amber Vinson a day before she was diagnosed with the lethal disease, the two pledged to stay in their homes for 21 days, a move suggested — but not required — by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

“If a stripper can make a decision that’s more responsible than the CDC, then surely other people can make those decisions, too” Goode, who comes from a family of pharmacists, told the Daily News. “It’s not rocket science.”

The two exotic dancers and romance-novel cover models were advised to call the CDC, along with the rest of the passengers on the manifest, but—sad trombone—were left hanging for hours:

But when Goode called around 11 a.m., he faced an 81-minute wait time, he wrote on Facebook.

Instead of staying on hold, he elected to have health officials call him back. It took them an hour and 40 minutes to return his call. When they did, they took down his contact address and phone number but didn’t give him any advice.

A day later, Dallas health officials called to suggest he voluntarily isolate himself by staying in his own home — a protective move he started a day earlier.....​

a lot of newly-minted, doctors at USMB AND they all appear to be Repub-voters/Breitbart sourcers :eusa_think:

As to the OP, how many people have died from ebola so far?

Ebola: Politics, Failure, And Opportunism!

Townhall.com ^

The Ebola outbreak has been a disaster in politics, but a boom for capitalism. Weird how that works, but it is how many things work. President Obama’s handling of the Ebola outbreak has been an unmitigated disaster. At first, he dismissed it. Then, he panicked and started canceling campaign and fundraising events to engage in the “optics” of being in charge. It was too late. With his indifference toward beheadings and terrorists attacks that killed ambassadors in the past, the president altering his heretofore unalterable schedule signaled a panic message to the American people. If there’s nothing to worry about,...

a lot of newly-minted, doctors at USMB AND they all appear to be Repub-voters/Breitbart sourcers :eusa_think:

Worldwide: thousands.

Perhaps Obama should appoint these two Male Strippers as Ebola Czars. They certainly seem more competent that Obama's inner circle of Bright Lights.

Oh, this is going to make such a great subplot for Matthew McConaughey in “Magic Mike II.” Two male strippers from Texas who were on infected nurse Amber Joy Vinson’s flight from Cleveland to Dallas have self-quarantined after being informed they were seated within several feet of Vinson. Axl/Taylor 2016?

He may not be a rocket scientist, but he thinks he can prevent an Ebola outbreak better than the CDC.

An exotic dancer from Texas has quarantined himself after he and his stripping friend shared a plane with an Ebola patient — and he’s shocked that health officials haven’t required his isolation.

After Axl Goode and Taylor Cole sat within 3 feet of nurse Amber Vinson a day before she was diagnosed with the lethal disease, the two pledged to stay in their homes for 21 days, a move suggested — but not required — by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

“If a stripper can make a decision that’s more responsible than the CDC, then surely other people can make those decisions, too” Goode, who comes from a family of pharmacists, told the Daily News. “It’s not rocket science.”

The two exotic dancers and romance-novel cover models were advised to call the CDC, along with the rest of the passengers on the manifest, but—sad trombone—were left hanging for hours:

But when Goode called around 11 a.m., he faced an 81-minute wait time, he wrote on Facebook.

Instead of staying on hold, he elected to have health officials call him back. It took them an hour and 40 minutes to return his call. When they did, they took down his contact address and phone number but didn’t give him any advice.

A day later, Dallas health officials called to suggest he voluntarily isolate himself by staying in his own home — a protective move he started a day earlier.....

Male strippers on Ebola-infected nurse 8217 s flight pretty appalled by CDC 8217 s irresponsibility Hot Air

Obama and Freiden want Ebola to spread. There's just no other explanation for their incompetence

Last edited:
Obama and Freiden wants Ebola to spread. There's just no other explanation for their incompetence

I think that's giving them too much credit for forward planning.

The Obamanoids are doing everything for the political news spin cycle. They can't think beyond how the immediate events are going to appear in the news, and go through "motions" to make it look like they are doing something.

Which, by the way, is the M.O. for government in general these days.

I simply can't believe that there is SO MUCH FUCKING TRUTH in the little meme's I post!!!! They say what needs to be said in short, concise pictures, and words!

2111o2o.jpg

No, see airborne is not the problem. If it gets picked up by American rats, that's the problem

The point is to limit it now so that the opportunity to mutate is significantly reduced.

Ok, how do you propose to do that?

No, see airborne is not the problem. If it gets picked up by American rats, that's the problem

And again I say if it was going to happen, it would have by now.

Yeah? Based on what, that its been all of 4 weeks since its first appearance in the usa?

Yeah? Based on what, that its been all of 4 weeks since its first appearance in the usa?

Based on the fact that Ebola has been around for least 4 decades, and rats can pretty much go where they please.

You do not have to be a doctor to have some knowledge and use common sense. And the answer to the question is one. Do you have even the slightest clue what that means?

We're still not sure what the animal carrier is in Africa, maybe bats. What would happen if rats carried it in the USA?
There are a number of animals that have been know to carry the virus.

It is thought that fruit bats are a natural Ebola virus hosts. Ebola is introduced into the human population through close contact with the blood, secretions, organs or other bodily fluids of infected animals such as chimpanzees, gorillas, fruit bats, monkeys, forest antelope and porcupines found ill or dead or in the rainforest.

Although the virus can be spread by animals, humans are far more likely to catch Ebola from other humans than from animals because they are much more likely to come into contact with bodily fluids from other humans than animals.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back