If gay marriage is legal...let's get rid of ALL legal marriage....

No, no, fuck lawyers.

That is the main reason this will never work, lawyers are the task masters. They make the laws, interpret the laws, and defend/prosecute people regarding the laws. Why on earth would the do something like get out of the marriage business when there is all that money to be made?
If you can propose a society with no laws I'd be happy to listen.

Am I proposing a society without laws? No. I'm proposing taking laws away regarding marriage.

So you answer the question, why should we have the state involved in marriage?

I'm still awaiting an answer, any answer really.
I appreciate your desire to get government out of marriage. What have you actively done to make that happen?
If you admire his desire to get government out of marriage, then why did you start this thread criticizing a politician who wants to do exactly that?
I know the answer...because the author of the article injected his own theory as to what the representatives motives are.
I don't care either way.....as long as it's equal. However, what do you think the MAJORITY of married people would think of his idea?
I know one thing for sure....if government were out of marriage, my marriage would not change one iota....and all Americans would be able to enjoy NOT feeling left out of something. Marriage is a union...government makes it a legal thing...I don't need it to be legal to appreciate my union with my wife whom I love dearly.

Am I proposing a society without laws? No. I'm proposing taking laws away regarding marriage.

I appreciate your desire to get government out of marriage. What have you actively done to make that happen?
If you admire his desire to get government out of marriage, then why did you start this thread criticizing a politician who wants to do exactly that?
I know the answer...because the author of the article injected his own theory as to what the representatives motives are.
I don't care either way.....as long as it's equal. However, what do you think the MAJORITY of married people would think of his idea?
I know one thing for sure....if government were out of marriage, my marriage would not change one iota....and all Americans would be able to enjoy NOT feeling left out of something. Marriage is a union...government makes it a legal thing...I don't need it to be legal to appreciate my union with my wife whom I love dearly.
That's very sweet but we do have this Equality Before The Law principle here, and that's not going to change.

No such thing as equality in nature. Just a far left talking point to rally the weak minded..
No such thing as marriage in nature either.
Tell that to a goose that just lost a lifetime mate.
Where's their marriage license?

You cant generalize from your own personal example.
When government made divorces easy to get lots of people got divorces.

Your legal protections would change.....inheritance would change....and ability to make life decisions for your partner would change.

No such thing as equality in nature. Just a far left talking point to rally the weak minded..
You dont need a license to be married.

No, no, fuck lawyers.

That is the main reason this will never work, lawyers are the task masters. They make the laws, interpret the laws, and defend/prosecute people regarding the laws. Why on earth would the do something like get out of the marriage business when there is all that money to be made?

Interesting question and I will break down my answer...
1) The far left would be against it because it is a homophobe who suggested it
2) Moderate left and the gay community would, on the most part, be OKI with it
3) Moderate right would be OK with it
4) Far right would be OK with it because it was a homophobe who suggested it
5) The religious right would be against it because they don't want to lose their rights to accommodate the gay community...they want one up on the gay community.

Your legal protections would change.....inheritance would change....and ability to make life decisions for your partner would change.
No it wouldn't. The process to make sure those decisions are met upon my death would change.

males and females of many species make a lifetime committment to each other. No, storks do not have a marriage ceremony or a license. Marks on a paper do not make a marriage. Mutual committment makes a marriage.

what you will never see in nature is two members of the same sex making a lifetime committment to each other. Homosexuality does occur in natue, as wytchy continues to tell us, but it is a deviant behavior, just as it is in humans.
Are you saying they have marriage licenses? :lmao:

are you a complete idiot?

To get the 1000+ government protections and benefits you do.

males and females of many species make a lifetime committment to each other. No, storks do not have a marriage ceremony or a license. Marks on a paper do not make a marriage. Mutual committment makes a marriage.

what you will never see in nature is two members of the same sex making a lifetime committment to each other. Homosexuality does occur in natue, as wytchy continues to tell us, but it is a deviant behavior, just as it is in humans.
Are you saying they have marriage licenses? :lmao:

are you a complete idiot?
I'm not the one saying legal marriage exists in nature.

No it wouldn't. The process to make sure those decisions are met upon my death would change.
They wouldn't exist without a license.

That's why you need to abolish marriage by the state and treat everyone equally.

That's why you need to abolish marriage by the state and treat everyone equally.
Ok.

They wouldn't exist without a license.
really?
I am not married to my children, but they will get from my will what I designated for them.
When my dad died, his charity of choice got a nice inheritance, and he was not married to the charity.

If I were to die, my wife will get from me what I designate to her....whether she was my legal wife or a civil union.....
I believe you are one of those that is against the idea strictly because it was a homophobe who came up with it.
No need to discuss this further with you.
Take care.

That's to get the benefits of marriage, not to be married.

Why should we do that? Everyone is equal. Anyone can get married to someone of the opposite sex. There are no special rules for gay people, except in those states where there are.

Forum List

Back