“If God does not exist, then all things are permitted.”

Darn! It ended before the part where they go for a walk. Anyway. That was funny. :lol:

We have free will - yet, God knows everything, He is not caught unawares.
People place too much value on THIS LIFE ON EARTH. There is an eternity to consider, and, God is the priority, not us.

Well, this is reality and more than likely, the only life we will have. :)

If you believe that you better get all you can, now....

I do believe that. Better get all I can of what?

A real estate agent once told me that I should get a lot while I was young.

What's this? Another man trying to get attention from ChrisL? Say it ain't so!

No, those are the ones who show up and start insulting. :D Obviously they are starved for attention of any kind.

... agree or disagree? .... and why?
If you don't know and the only thing holding you back from being a monster is religion, then I pity the people around you if you decide you no long have occult beliefs.

If you don't know and the only thing holding you back from being a monster is religion, then I pity the people around you if you decide you no long have occult beliefs.

why would you pity them? they have (on average) 80 years to live it up then cease to exist.
what's to pity?

In reality, everything comes from God, even our positions in life

John 19:10-11a

10 So Pilate said to Him, "You do not speak to me? Do You not know that I have authority to release You, and I have authority to crucify You?" 11 Jesus answered, "You would have no authority over Me, unless it had been given you from above;

That being the case, I guess that god gave hitler the authority to murder 6 million jews, and maybe another 6 million gypsies, homosexuals, political prisoners, etc.

People place too much value on THIS LIFE ON EARTH. There is an eternity to consider, and, God is the priority, not us.

Why did you bother to quote me? Your post has absolutely nothing to do with my post.

It has EVERYTHING to do with it! Hitler had the free will that GOD gave him!
In addition to that, our lives on this Earth can end at anytime, via disease or killing, but, ultimately it is GOD and his plan that matter. You don't see the connect?

I see a conflict. First, Jesus says that Pilate only had authority over him, because god gave him that authority. There is no mention of free will.

Then you say that god gave us free will, which would imply that Pilate had authority over Jesus because he chose to have such authority.

Then you say that God knows everything that is going to happen, which must mean that he knows exactly what we are going to choose, which would imply that everything is preordained, which negates free will.

God must not exists because even Jesus got laid.

It's ok if you choose to be agnostic, but purposefully trying to incite or offend Christian's.
What is the point in that?
But Jesus only got laid once, I guess he didn't like to do it with a woman. Know what that means? :D
he couldn't say "no" to a professional woman?
No, he was gay. :D

You know you are not offending anyone but God, right?
And if you don't believe in God guess who you are offending....?
No one!
God kicked Adam and Eve out of Eden for having hetero sex. I doubt he'd be surprised that Jesus was gay.

10 So Pilate said to Him, "You do not speak to me? Do You not know that I have authority to release You, and I have authority to crucify You?" 11 Jesus answered, "You would have no authority over Me, unless it had been given you from above;

That being the case, I guess that god gave hitler the authority to murder 6 million jews, and maybe another 6 million gypsies, homosexuals, political prisoners, etc.

Why did you bother to quote me? Your post has absolutely nothing to do with my post.

In addition to that, our lives on this Earth can end at anytime, via disease or killing, but, ultimately it is GOD and his plan that matter. You don't see the connect?
God has a plan to give people cancer? How nice of him.

why would you pity them? they have (on average) 80 years to live it up then cease to exist.
what's to pity?
Wrong! The only people the 80 year lifespan was limited to were the Jews from Egypt who wandered the desert. Everyone adopted that but the real lifespan is suppose to be 120 years

Well, god or nature doesn't allow surpassing the speed of light. Or, two bodies occupying the same space of the same time, things like that. But you can pretty much do anything else, random meaningless crap seems to be a HUGE part of God's plan.

I see a conflict. First, Jesus says that Pilate only had authority over him, because god gave him that authority. There is no mention of free will.

Then you say that god gave us free will, which would imply that Pilate had authority over Jesus because he chose to have such authority.

Then you say that God knows everything that is going to happen, which must mean that he knows exactly what we are going to choose, which would imply that everything is preordained, which negates free will.
It's not just a conflict but renders 'god' devoid of omnipotence, unworthy of worship, and in fact non-existent - a creation of man.

is it wrong to give topless chics on rollerblades a free pass, even if they bump into me on purpose just because they are girls? does a god favor Tolerance?

So it suppose to bother me because an animal has a conscious?

conscience.... what's the difference between emotions and conscience?
You can see emotions in animals - fear, guilt, shame, happiness. but a conscience?

Well, shame and guilt make up the "conscience." No? When you do something you know is wrong, you feel guilty and maybe shame about it later, and that would be "conscience." I don't think animals feel guilt or shame either. I think they do have some emotions, but they are very limited, like happy, sad, and fear.
They feel love. Isn't that the God emotion? Maybe an ant doesn't but a mother elephant sure does.

Yes, I said they were capable of emotion, but I think only basic emotions. Their emotions are certainly not as complex as those of a human being though.
Yeah, humans have such greater emotions.....

I just thought the same thing. Sad, mad, happy, love, contentment, fear. What emotions do we experience that others don't?

We maybe have more complex thoughts than a monkey but are our emotions any greater?

And even if we do have greater emotions than a bird that doesn't prove a God exists, does it? If we disappeared tomorrow a dolphin would have a more complex mind than an ant. Does that prove a God exists or that we are his chosen animal or pet?

All things should be SERIOUSLY considered if you are to learn, be intelligent and have an open mind.
Always searching for reasons or proof there is not God, instead of looking for reasons or proof there isn't one is a one sided investigation.

There is no way to know if our conscience is God speaking to us or not.... to dismiss it out of hand is ignorant.

what's to pity?
I pitty anyone who died from a disease not yet cured because religion held up stem cell research. I feel sorry for ANYONE who felt they had to die for their God in a holy war. I feel sorry for humanity if the only thing that stops people from being bad is a lie. No wonder its so ineffective.

Actually no, we brought that on ourselves.
Do you think it's ok for adult children to continually blame their parents for the messes they have made in their lives.....? Same thing.

what's to pity?
Wrong! The only people the 80 year lifespan was limited to were the Jews from Egypt who wandered the desert. Everyone adopted that but the real lifespan is suppose to be 120 years

I'm talking about "here and now" in the present time, life expectancy average (I'm not sure what it REALLY is, just threw 80 out there...)

I didn't start lying cheating or stealing more the day after I became an athiest. I still lie cheat and steal just as much as I did before.

Well, god or nature doesn't allow surpassing the speed of light. Or, two bodies occupying the same space of the same time, things like that. But you can pretty much do anything else, random meaningless crap seems to be a HUGE part of God's plan.

Just because we don't understand doesn't mean it is random or meaningless.
People have a hard time accepting the fact that there is an omniscient God, and that we just don't have the "brain power" to understand -

Forum List

Back