If God doesn't exist...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most people in the world believe in god and never had anyone great problems to accept that the universe is some billion years old

mr. zaangalwa, just because the majority believe it to be so doesn't make it so -- argumentum ad populum.

About 13.82 bilion years is the age of the universe - that's the last approximation after CERN found the Higgs-boson, what showed that the standard theory of quantum mechanics is still not wrong. So the belief in this particle in the last decades was correct. If you have an idea to show to the phycicists in the world what's wrong with their calculation then start to study mathematics and physics. An alternative could be to start to work in a sawmill - what's in this context as sensefull as to argue with the christian religion against anything what's true or on the way to find out what's true.
Zaan, this is perhaps the most confused post I have ever seen on this board. Nothing in this post of yours makes any sense. Are you drunk? In a sawmill?

If a god existed, then we wouldn't be arguing about it, because it would be obvious to everyone.

The most people in the world believe in god and never had anyone great problems to accept that the universe is some billion years old

mr. zaangalwa, just because the majority believe it to be so doesn't make it so -- argumentum ad populum.

About 13.82 bilion years is the age of the universe - that's the last approximation after CERN found the Higgs-boson, what showed that the standard theory of quantum mechanics is still not wrong. So the belief in this particle in the last decades was correct. If you have an idea to show to the phycicists in the world what's wrong with their calculation then start to study mathematics and physics. An alternative could be to start to work in a sawmill - what's in this context as sensefull as to argue with the christian religion against anything what's true or on the way to find out what's true.
Zaan, this is perhaps the most confused post I have ever seen on this board. Nothing in this post of yours makes any sense. Are you drunk? In a sawmill?

He's a Christian - he will understand. You are a godignoring racist - you will never understand anything.

kaufhaus_artikel_xbild_6265.jpg

Last edited:

He's a Christian - he will understand. You are a godignoring racist - you will never understand anything.
So you can't explain yourself so you try schoolyard insults. Geez, you nazis sure are a bunch of weenies. :lol:

So you can't explain yourself so you try schoolyard insults. Geez, you nazis sure are a bunch of weenies. :lol:

More exact: I'm a German who knows that you are a Nazi, because you argue exactly in the same wrotten, godless and racistic ways how the Nazis did once. You are an extreme fanatics.

2012.01.07_Heilige_drei_Koenige.jpg

Virgo sola
Sola existente
En affuit angelus
Gabriel est
Est appalatus
Atque missus celitus
Clara facieque
Facieque dixit
Ave Maria

|:Cuncti simus Ave Maria
Concanentes Ave Maria:|

Clara facieque
Facieque dixit
Audite karissimi
En cocipies
Cocipies Maria
Ave Maria

Virgo sola existente
En affuit angelus
Gabriel est appalatus
Atque missus celitus
Clara facieque dixit
Ave Maria
Clara facieque dixit
|:Ave Maria:|

Last edited:

More exact: I'm a German who knows that you are a Nazi, because you argue exactly in the same wrotten, godless and racistic ways how the Nazis did once. You are an extreme fanatics.
Says the nazi who's trying to hide among us normal people. You don't fool anyone here, pretending to be a Christian, since you get everything wrong every time you open your mouth. So stay in hiding and stfu, the Wiesenthal guys are on the lookout for you.

Says the nazi who's trying to hide among us normal people. You don't fool anyone here, pretending to be a Christian, since you get everything wrong every time you open your mouth. So stay in hiding and stfu, the Wiesenthal guys are on the lookout for you.

Childish nonsense what you try to do here, Nazi. You know very well that a big part of my family was murdered from Nazis. And I know very well that you are much more dangerous than the Nazis of the past were. Lots of the people in the past were not able to know what will happen - we know. Your black sun - the black hole of your mind - will even kill you yourselve, racistic idiot, completly one.

Last edited:

Childish nonsense what you try to do here, Nazi. You know very well that a big part of my family was murdered from Nazis. And I know very well that you are much more dangerous than the Nazis of the past were. Lots of the people in the past were not able to know what will happen - we know.

I don't doubt that you murdered most of your family, you were just out to save your own skin. Nazis are like that.

Childish nonsense what you try to do here, Nazi. You know very well that a big part of my family was murdered from Nazis. And I know very well that you are much more dangerous than the Nazis of the past were. Lots of the people in the past were not able to know what will happen - we know.

I don't doubt that you murdered most of your family, you were just out to save your own skin. Nazis are like that.

no comment

no comment
About time you shut the fuck up. :clap2:

Don't worry my hours are crazy atm for me too.So I actually don't have much time myself.

Back to the grind.

1. Since you know something about astronomy, then you should know that ancient astronomers counted the stars they could see in ancient times and thought around 3,000. How right was your astronomy?

Getting back to the issue, how are the astronomers exactly calculating the distances? What I pointed out is it is faulty and showed the evidence. They used lightyears as distance. Wouldn't going at the speed of light mean that the light is traveling through spacetime since Einstein was correct? This means that their distance calculation is faulty since they are not taking time slowing down and coming to a standstill at the event horizon. That is, how can lightyears be accurate if time slows down? The whole point of the number of years or time comes in because we are trying to determine the age of the earth and the universe and whether it is around 13.7 billion years old or 6,000 years old. When we get into that realm, then one is using cosmology and not astronomy. Cosmology is more philosophy than science.

To answer your questions about what bearing it has observing distant stars, i.e. the light reaching us from them, not much in regards to creation scientists in answering the age of the earth or the universe. Don't get me wrong, creationists do not deny that stars can change or "evolve." However, this cannot viably account for the origin of stars, nor the timescales which I gather is what you want me to explain. Another problem with astronomy is that they use magnitude or size and power, i.e. the amount of light that a star can emit as to its "greatness." The sun and the moon is what is considered greatness to the creation scientist, not size and power. Jesus loved the sun and the moon. There is more, but I'll stop here.

2. So we saw that there is great difficulty of "proving" the age of the earth or the universe using distance from stars. However, the supernova count is something we can agree on, and the number shows a young earth. If the universe were billions of years old, then there would be many more supernovas observed. This isn't based on time and distance of stars.

3. I believe that the theory of evolution does not work much at all. We both use the word "evolution" which is fine, but not the ToE.

4. So if the evidence shows hundreds of years, will you accept it or discard it?

5. I brought up a good one in #2 since we were on astronomy. Another is the moon's recession and age. Currently the moon’s orbit is inclined at about 5 degrees to the earth’s orbit. If you extrapolate back in time revealed that 4.5 billion years ago, then the inclination would have been about 10 degrees. The cause of this inclination has been a mystery for 30 years, as most dynamical processes, such as those that act to flatten Saturn’s rings, will tend to "decrease" orbital inclinations. What we find is this inclination has not changed much at all as in a 6,000 year old moon. If your cosmologists were correct, then we should be close to 0 degrees inclination and a lunar eclipse should occur at each full phase.
1. As unsubstanciated claims go the fact that you say acient astronomers thaught after counting there's only 3000 stars is a dozy; Give me a link because it's easily refuted, baseless, and doesn't have any bearing on this discussion.
As to the rest of your statement. Light has a calculatable speed it's finite, this has been done and proven,it's not ambigious in the least. You can throw terms as spacetime and event horizon in there as much as you want, it's stupid to try to put it in doubt. Observable universe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I post this link, again using wikipedia. If nothing else it proves that what I'm telling you is ACCEPTED scientific knowledge.
2. The explosion of a supernova is an explosive event. A star that goes supernova goes from dim to insanely bright to a gascloud or a pulsar. So explain to me exactly why we would have observed more supernova's? Oh and btw the existence of supernova refutes a young universe since a supernova is the result of a star burning all it's fuel. So unless you want to claim that this takes less then 6000 years, the mere existence of supernova proves that the universe is older then 6000 years.
3. Evolution works just fine and is logical and rational. Creatonism isn't. Because it has to literally go against basicly all scientific knowledge for it to work as a theory, wich is exactly why I find it problematic. So far you have had to try to cast in doubt how astronomers calculate distance, any type of dating method and the entire fossil record. You have basicly come out and said that sientist are delibaretly witholding data that proves creatonism, without any evidence to support it.
4. Show me 1 acient human tooth wich, I'll make it easy is say older then 150 years old based on it's emaile and I'll grant you that humans in acient times lived longer.
5. I'm so glad you brought up the moon. Accepted science, think it likely that the moon used to be part of the earth and was formed after a collision between earth and another protoplanet they think it likely because
  • Earth's spin and the Moon's orbit have similar orientations.
  • Moon samples indicate that the Moon once had a molten surface.
  • The Moon has a relatively small iro.n core.
  • The Moon has a lower density than Earth.
  • Evidence exists of similar collisions in other star systems (that result in debris disks).
  • Giant collisions are consistent with the leading theories of the formation of the solar system.
  • The stable-isotope ratios of lunar and terrestrial rock are identical, implying a common origin.

1. What unsubstantiated claim? The naked eye can see about 3000 stars. That's a fact.

Some Big Questions about Stars Seen in the Night Sky

2. Prove the mere existence of a supernova means that the universe > 6,000 years???
3. Very little in the ToE that has been proven, i.e. backed by science. Like I said, science was started by people who believed in God to show how great He is.
4. We'll have to wait for the evidence from ancient remains. This one we should be able to get an answer to unlike the age of the earth.
5. Is this from evolutionary thought? Then it's so wrong. Have to run. Will explain later.
I'll just answer point 2: How Quickly Does a Supernova Happen? - Universe Today
This is how we understand supernova's. It takes a couple of million years to happen minimaly. The fact that we see it means the earth is at least that old. Like I said before I don't need to prove the earth is billions of years old, altough it surely is. I just need to prove it's older then 6000 years old.

Hahaha. So you admit that secular scientists do not know what they are talking about. Again, atheist scientists are wrong (this is how science works, you see). They claim that the universe is around 13.7 billion years old. It fluctuated from 20 billion to 15 billion and now around 13.7 billion. Hey, what's a few billion years among friends? The number of supernovas that we can count is a good indicator that the Earth is around 6,000 years old instead of billions. Another is as I have pointed out the Earth's landscape and how it was formed by catastrophism, not unifamitarianism.
  • First of all, I love how you use secular scientist like you have a equal battery of creasionist scientists. Note I don't say religious scientists, because there are ALOT of religious scientists. And the univere being older then 6000 years is a debate you will only find in places like this. Among scientists it is a certainty. Now to your point.HubbleSite - NewsCenter - Star > Supernova These are all pictures from Hubble of remnants of black holes. It's not like a supernova leaves a Bright star forever, It is a short event and afterwarths it leaves that. So I'll ask again how do you feel the number of supernova's found proves your point? Oh and btw note that The official Hubble site and NASA aren't the least bit hesitant to talk about billions of years, but you and your religiousy inspired friends feel you guys know more. If the entire scientific community the exeption being a few wayward scientist on the payroll of the creasionist museum, sais you are wrong. I find it a bit funny you guys feel you are smarter then all of them because a couple of thousand year old book sais so.
  • I agree that catastrophes made the earth into what it is today. Funny tough that the only catastrophe you seem to accept is the Great flood. You have the impacter which killed of the dinosaurs. As I mentioned before the place of impact has been found using sattelites and traces of the impact are found in the Irridium layer you find globally. There are numerous Supervolcano erruptions wich have been proven by finding layers of ash and which surely would have had an enormous impact on the global climate. There are also Flood basalts proven by large areas covered by basalt which are even bigger events. The Siberian traps which is to believed to have gone for a million years and released at a minimum 1 million cubic kilometers of lava. Humanity has been writing for nearly 5000 years and I'll be generous lets not count early writing but lets start whith Egypt.Which writing we have deciphred putting the earliest written accounts at about 3000 B.C., again being generous. None of these writings talk about explosions and ashfalls, volcanic winters or anything. There has been writings about a year without a summer linked to mount Tambora a pipsqueek compared to a supervolcano. And a mini ice age linked to decreased solar activity. What we haven't found any prove off is a Global Flood. Tsunamies yes but not a flood that covered the entire planet. I just want to know, in your version of history how do you explain all these humongous events wich leave traces in the ground but not literature and a great flood which leaves traces in literature but not the ground? Do you feel Literature trumps geoligical records?

At least, you admit that it's "still" not wrong. So, now it's 13.82 billion years instead of 13.7? Billions of years is probably wrong because it did not take too long to discover the Higgs Boson. So, let's look at the HB. HB is the summation (end) of standard particle physics, not the beginning of something new. Is it the culmination of all of our knowledge about the standard model? Have humans conquored the standard model world? Not exactly, but in theory they have.explained how our main forces work. We can do the math on it.

What I present to you as evidence of God is the 12x12 addition table or matrix. The others such as 10x10 are weak. 12x12 is the one true square number in the universe and is significant throughout history and nature.

th

Not only is math something we invented, but it's found everywhere in our natural world.

Last edited:
Back to the grind.

1. Since you know something about astronomy, then you should know that ancient astronomers counted the stars they could see in ancient times and thought around 3,000. How right was your astronomy?

Getting back to the issue, how are the astronomers exactly calculating the distances? What I pointed out is it is faulty and showed the evidence. They used lightyears as distance. Wouldn't going at the speed of light mean that the light is traveling through spacetime since Einstein was correct? This means that their distance calculation is faulty since they are not taking time slowing down and coming to a standstill at the event horizon. That is, how can lightyears be accurate if time slows down? The whole point of the number of years or time comes in because we are trying to determine the age of the earth and the universe and whether it is around 13.7 billion years old or 6,000 years old. When we get into that realm, then one is using cosmology and not astronomy. Cosmology is more philosophy than science.

To answer your questions about what bearing it has observing distant stars, i.e. the light reaching us from them, not much in regards to creation scientists in answering the age of the earth or the universe. Don't get me wrong, creationists do not deny that stars can change or "evolve." However, this cannot viably account for the origin of stars, nor the timescales which I gather is what you want me to explain. Another problem with astronomy is that they use magnitude or size and power, i.e. the amount of light that a star can emit as to its "greatness." The sun and the moon is what is considered greatness to the creation scientist, not size and power. Jesus loved the sun and the moon. There is more, but I'll stop here.

2. So we saw that there is great difficulty of "proving" the age of the earth or the universe using distance from stars. However, the supernova count is something we can agree on, and the number shows a young earth. If the universe were billions of years old, then there would be many more supernovas observed. This isn't based on time and distance of stars.

3. I believe that the theory of evolution does not work much at all. We both use the word "evolution" which is fine, but not the ToE.

4. So if the evidence shows hundreds of years, will you accept it or discard it?

5. I brought up a good one in #2 since we were on astronomy. Another is the moon's recession and age. Currently the moon’s orbit is inclined at about 5 degrees to the earth’s orbit. If you extrapolate back in time revealed that 4.5 billion years ago, then the inclination would have been about 10 degrees. The cause of this inclination has been a mystery for 30 years, as most dynamical processes, such as those that act to flatten Saturn’s rings, will tend to "decrease" orbital inclinations. What we find is this inclination has not changed much at all as in a 6,000 year old moon. If your cosmologists were correct, then we should be close to 0 degrees inclination and a lunar eclipse should occur at each full phase.
1. As unsubstanciated claims go the fact that you say acient astronomers thaught after counting there's only 3000 stars is a dozy; Give me a link because it's easily refuted, baseless, and doesn't have any bearing on this discussion.
As to the rest of your statement. Light has a calculatable speed it's finite, this has been done and proven,it's not ambigious in the least. You can throw terms as spacetime and event horizon in there as much as you want, it's stupid to try to put it in doubt. Observable universe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I post this link, again using wikipedia. If nothing else it proves that what I'm telling you is ACCEPTED scientific knowledge.
2. The explosion of a supernova is an explosive event. A star that goes supernova goes from dim to insanely bright to a gascloud or a pulsar. So explain to me exactly why we would have observed more supernova's? Oh and btw the existence of supernova refutes a young universe since a supernova is the result of a star burning all it's fuel. So unless you want to claim that this takes less then 6000 years, the mere existence of supernova proves that the universe is older then 6000 years.
3. Evolution works just fine and is logical and rational. Creatonism isn't. Because it has to literally go against basicly all scientific knowledge for it to work as a theory, wich is exactly why I find it problematic. So far you have had to try to cast in doubt how astronomers calculate distance, any type of dating method and the entire fossil record. You have basicly come out and said that sientist are delibaretly witholding data that proves creatonism, without any evidence to support it.
4. Show me 1 acient human tooth wich, I'll make it easy is say older then 150 years old based on it's emaile and I'll grant you that humans in acient times lived longer.
5. I'm so glad you brought up the moon. Accepted science, think it likely that the moon used to be part of the earth and was formed after a collision between earth and another protoplanet they think it likely because
  • Earth's spin and the Moon's orbit have similar orientations.
  • Moon samples indicate that the Moon once had a molten surface.
  • The Moon has a relatively small iro.n core.
  • The Moon has a lower density than Earth.
  • Evidence exists of similar collisions in other star systems (that result in debris disks).
  • Giant collisions are consistent with the leading theories of the formation of the solar system.
  • The stable-isotope ratios of lunar and terrestrial rock are identical, implying a common origin.

1. What unsubstantiated claim? The naked eye can see about 3000 stars. That's a fact.

Some Big Questions about Stars Seen in the Night Sky

2. Prove the mere existence of a supernova means that the universe > 6,000 years???
3. Very little in the ToE that has been proven, i.e. backed by science. Like I said, science was started by people who believed in God to show how great He is.
4. We'll have to wait for the evidence from ancient remains. This one we should be able to get an answer to unlike the age of the earth.
5. Is this from evolutionary thought? Then it's so wrong. Have to run. Will explain later.
I'll just answer point 2: How Quickly Does a Supernova Happen? - Universe Today
This is how we understand supernova's. It takes a couple of million years to happen minimaly. The fact that we see it means the earth is at least that old. Like I said before I don't need to prove the earth is billions of years old, altough it surely is. I just need to prove it's older then 6000 years old.

Hahaha. So you admit that secular scientists do not know what they are talking about. Again, atheist scientists are wrong (this is how science works, you see). They claim that the universe is around 13.7 billion years old. It fluctuated from 20 billion to 15 billion and now around 13.7 billion. Hey, what's a few billion years among friends? The number of supernovas that we can count is a good indicator that the Earth is around 6,000 years old instead of billions. Another is as I have pointed out the Earth's landscape and how it was formed by catastrophism, not unifamitarianism.
  • First of all, I love how you use secular scientist like you have a equal battery of creasionist scientists. Note I don't say religious scientists, because there are ALOT of religious scientists. And the univere being older then 6000 years is a debate you will only find in places like this. Among scientists it is a certainty. Now to your point.HubbleSite - NewsCenter - Star > Supernova These are all pictures from Hubble of remnants of black holes. It's not like a supernova leaves a Bright star forever, It is a short event and afterwarths it leaves that. So I'll ask again how do you feel the number of supernova's found proves your point? Oh and btw note that The official Hubble site and NASA aren't the least bit hesitant to talk about billions of years, but you and your religiousy inspired friends feel you guys know more. If the entire scientific community the exeption being a few wayward scientist on the payroll of the creasionist museum, sais you are wrong. I find it a bit funny you guys feel you are smarter then all of them because a couple of thousand year old book sais so.
  • I agree that catastrophes made the earth into what it is today. Funny tough that the only catastrophe you seem to accept is the Great flood. You have the impacter which killed of the dinosaurs. As I mentioned before the place of impact has been found using sattelites and traces of the impact are found in the Irridium layer you find globally. There are numerous Supervolcano erruptions wich have been proven by finding layers of ash and which surely would have had an enormous impact on the global climate. There are also Flood basalts proven by large areas covered by basalt which are even bigger events. The Siberian traps which is to believed to have gone for a million years and released at a minimum 1 million cubic kilometers of lava. Humanity has been writing for nearly 5000 years and I'll be generous lets not count early writing but lets start whith Egypt.Which writing we have deciphred putting the earliest written accounts at about 3000 B.C., again being generous. None of these writings talk about explosions and ashfalls, volcanic winters or anything. There has been writings about a year without a summer linked to mount Tambora a pipsqueek compared to a supervolcano. And a mini ice age linked to decreased solar activity. What we haven't found any prove off is a Global Flood. Tsunamies yes but not a flood that covered the entire planet. I just want to know, in your version of history how do you explain all these humongous events wich leave traces in the ground but not literature and a great flood which leaves traces in literature but not the ground? Do you feel Literature trumps geoligical records?
ment supernova's not black holes

no comment

no comment, Nazi

Last edited:

no comment

no comment, Nazi
Projecting on me isn't a comment? Are you more confused than usual? You should just turn yourself in.

no comment

no comment, Nazi
Projecting on me isn't a comment? Are you more confused than usual? You should just turn yourself in.

no comment, Nazi

no comment

no comment, Nazi

no comment, Nazi
A Jew got your tongue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back