If Hillary Had Won the Economy Would Be 7/24 News

The Trump economy

MW-GM099_CPIAUC_20180706153721_MG.png
MAGA...

The chart says I'm right - there is no growth that happened under Turmp that we haven't seen under Obama

Let me ask you this, Anton...do you think Obama's economy would have seen the same growth as we've seen under Trump if Barry was also having to absorb 5 Fed rate increases in his first two years in office?
The economy would be better under the Great Obama without a billionaire tax cut and foolish trade war

Are you not paying attention to the numbers, Winger? Obama could only dream about the results that Trump has gotten with his approach to the economy! Trump cut taxes and yet the US took in more revenue AFTER the tax cuts than we were taking in BEFORE it took place! Foolish trade war? We had trade "wars" with the EU, Mexico and Canada and got better deals from all of them!

The Great Obama? More like The Clueless One! I don't know if we've ever had a President who had less expertise with economics than Barack Obama. After Larry Summers and Kristina Romer jumped ship and ran back to their tenured professor's jobs Barack Obama didn't really even TRY to improve the economy! Ask a liberal what Barry's plan for the economy was for the last six years he was in office and you'll get nothing but vacant stares. Why? Because he didn't HAVE a plan!
GDP looks the same as it did under the Great Obama
Trump has lower monthly job increases
Inflation and the deficit have increased under Trump
Look up Obama’s actual GDP numbers and get back to me when Trump gets a negative or negligible growth rate like Obama in a quarter.
First let us create a "yuge" recession...

Let me ask you this, Anton...do you think Obama's economy would have seen the same growth as we've seen under Trump if Barry was also having to absorb 5 Fed rate increases in his first two years in office?
The economy would be better under the Great Obama without a billionaire tax cut and foolish trade war

Are you not paying attention to the numbers, Winger? Obama could only dream about the results that Trump has gotten with his approach to the economy! Trump cut taxes and yet the US took in more revenue AFTER the tax cuts than we were taking in BEFORE it took place! Foolish trade war? We had trade "wars" with the EU, Mexico and Canada and got better deals from all of them!

The Great Obama? More like The Clueless One! I don't know if we've ever had a President who had less expertise with economics than Barack Obama. After Larry Summers and Kristina Romer jumped ship and ran back to their tenured professor's jobs Barack Obama didn't really even TRY to improve the economy! Ask a liberal what Barry's plan for the economy was for the last six years he was in office and you'll get nothing but vacant stares. Why? Because he didn't HAVE a plan!
Look up Obama’s actual GDP numbers and get back to me when Trump gets a negative or negligible growth rate like Obama in a quarter.
Obama got a negative GDP number in quarter 1 of 2014, idiot.

The recession was long gone by that time.

Here's my main issue with what Barack Obama DID in response to the worst recession since The Great Depression, Anton! He went after health care reform that was going to make that same recession worse that it was. Who would do that?

The now popular healthcare reform that Republicans could not undo with full majorities?

Yea, that was a good move for Obama, and this move was among many expansionary moves you failed ot mention, including QE.

You'd have to be straigh bonkers or just ignorant to claim that Obama policies overall did not contribute to economic growth.

What Obama policy contributed to economic growth?

Seriously?

Ok, I will teach you the art of internet search:

CLICKY LINKY

In the first link (pro-Obama puff piece, but it does list the policies):

In February 2009, Congress approved Obama's $787 billion economic stimulus package. It cut taxes, extended unemployment benefits, and funded public works projects.

Obama bailed out the U.S. auto industry on March 30, 2009. The federal government took over General Motors and Chrysler, saving three million jobs. It forced the companies to become more fuel efficient and therefore more globally competitive.

In July 2010, the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform Act improved regulation of eight areas that led to the financial crisis.The Consumer Financial Protection Agency reduced harmful practices of credit cards and mortgages. The Financial Stability Oversight Council regulated hedge funds and banks that became too big to fail. The "Volcker Rule" banned banks from risking losses with their depositors' money. Dodd-Frank clarified which agencies regulated which banks, stopping banks from cherry-picking their regulators.

2010 Tax Cuts - In December 2010, Obama and Congress agreed upon additional stimulus in the form of an $858 billion tax cut. It had three main components: a $350 billion extension of the Bush tax cuts, a $56 billion extension of unemployment benefits, and a $120 billion reduction in workers' payroll taxes. Businesses received $140 billion in tax cuts for capital improvements and $80 billion in research and development tax credits. The estate tax was exempted (up to $5 million), and there were additional credits for college tuition and children.

Maintained Continuation of Federal Reserve Policy - Obama appointed Federal Reserve Vice-Chair Janet Yellen to replace Ben Bernanke. She maintained an expansionary monetary policy that created the lowest interest rates in 200 years.

2012 Tax Cuts - Obama makes Bush tax-cuts permanent for all but top bracket.

What does that add up to?

counterfactualChart_v3.0.png

2 economists imagined a financial crisis without stimulus or bailouts. It’s … ugly.

LOL...ah, yes...the liberal economists who think the financial crisis could have been erased if only we'd simply spent more money through the government and they base that hypothesis on the same type of models they used to assure us that if the Obama stimulus was passed it would created hundreds of thousands of jobs!

Nothing to do with “liberal economists” it has to do with comon sense that stabilizing markets, spending into economy and keeping interest rates low helps growth in a recessionary environment.

You asked which expansionary policies. I listed them and now you switch to bitch about liberal economists.

No it wasn't, it was wishful thinking on the part of Oblama..Sequestration is another word that helped to created the negative output.

No it wasn't, it was wishful thinking on the part of Oblama..
The recession ended in 2010.

Maybe for the upper crust but not the rest of us especially in the rural areas of which the so called great Trump economy has yet to hit the rural areas.

Maybe for the upper crust but not the rest of us especially in the rural areas of which the so called great Trump economy has yet to hit the rural areas.
Rural areas are mostly dead. Hell, the entire South is basically dead.

Rural areas are mostly dead. Hell, the entire South is basically dead.
Yep..It is where I live and has been since 2008. These people were soaking the illegals and miss that dough. Now they have to play the rent gouging game with shitty shacks called homes.

Let us not forget, Trump has the GDP up at 4.1%. Obama couldn't even get at above 3%.
I can only imagine how worse it would be if "Crooked" Hillary was POTUS?

Trump's Economic Scorecard: 18 Months Into His Presidency
Nobody takes the right wing seriously about economics. Now we know why.

One short-term unknown: How much of the increase is due to tax cuts? And could they be a sugar rush that will wear off? The resulting yearly Federal deficit to $1 trillion (or more starting next year) could have significant negative long-term consequences.

Trump is derailing an economic message with a fearmongering "immigration" message. It has nothing to do with the media.

The chart says I'm right - there is no growth that happened under Turmp that we haven't seen under Obama

Get back to me when you have negative 7 like we did during the Great Bush Recession

No matter what Trump has been doing, the liberals and the Democrats just bash it. Takes no responsibility whatsoever.
While we had high unemployment during the Obama era, the MSM rather see that as an "opportunity". An opportunity that, "Well, he is our first black POTUS...so what?!"

I would say, "If he was the first black POTUS, he could have done better."

Trump is derailing an economic message with a fearmongering "immigration" message. It has nothing to do with the media.

Trump needs his racist base to turn out

Obviously. I have my own gripes with the "caravan", "asylum", etc., but it's pretty clear what his intentions are in bringing that to the forefront of the debate. If he was trying to be inclusive he would say something like, "We need to enforce our border security" and leave it at that, then turn to positive economic messages. Instead he is trying to stoke up as much fear as possible and it's totally obvious that he's just trying to scare white people.

No matter what Trump has been doing, the liberals and the Democrats just bash it. Takes no responsibility whatsoever.
While we had high unemployment during the Obama era, the MSM rather see that as an "opportunity". An opportunity that, "Well, he is our first black POTUS...so what?!"

I would say, "If he was the first black POTUS, he could have done better."
tax cut economics has been described as a cocaine bump. nobody takes the right wing seriously about economics.

Wages and salaries rose a record 3.1%, biggest jump in10 years yet there was virtually a news black out on this. Typical biased fake news media BS.
U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

who couldn't get those numbers with that much Government spending.

Ah, Barry?

He spent much more than Trump...had almost zero interest rates from the Fed...and he STILL couldn't get the economy to grow!
upward trends for almost ten years. nobody takes the right wing seriously about economics.

It was the slowest recovery from a recession since FDR and The Great Depression, Daniel! "Tepid" is the word that best describes the "Obama Economy"! Despite spending trillions and having an almost zero interest rate by the Fed for the longest time in history...Barry still couldn't come close to the numbers that Trump is now giving us!

What do you think would have happened to the economy under Obama if the Fed had given him five rate increases in two years instead of the one that he got from when he was elected until Trump was elected? I'll give you a hint...
meteor-crater-3%25255B6%25255D.jpg
He inherited a right wing mess. He turned our economy around. Every Chart, shows that. The right wing has nothing but debt as big as that hole.
You need to study history and not just blame everything that's bad on the right wing. Bush did not cause the Crash in the housing/stock market and Obama's recession "recovery" was the most anemic in modern history. Here is your assignment: study the roles of Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, Ben Bernanke, Hank Paulson and Barney Frank in the crash. Then report back about how wrong you were.

Forum List

Back