🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If I lived in Ca I would be pissed

With a stroke of his pen, California Governor Gavin Newsom has redirected part of the money you pay at the pump with the state’s gas tax to the railway system and other projects.
Assemblyman Patterson says, “One of the very first things Governor Newsom decides to do, is put forward an executive order and his people at Caltrans have decided they are going to terminate addition north and south freeway lanes on Highway 99 in Tulare and Madera County. I’m almost speechless with response to this.”
Assemblyman Patterson says, “When you pay for gas and you pay a gas tax, a railroad is not a highway. This is bait and switch. This is saying one thing and doing something else. I just think all who represent California both Democrats and Republicans have better step up and stand up and say Mr. Governor you can’t do this.”
CBS47 Investigation: Gov. Newsom redirects gas tax money. It won’t fund highways, railway system

It really is the ol' bait and switch....and the Ca. taxpayer once again is getting screwed.
This is liberalism on display
Wait till they go after California's farmers

The Dutch are berserker cause the e.u.s.s.r has decreed that 50% of Dutch farms need to be shut down ....to save da woild from co2
4xawppur6tq31.jpg

Dutch farmer protesting ......Flying the Confederate battle flag from a unimogg ....that's like double bad ass

BART has never made money. It never will.If it were as popular as you claim, BART would be raking in the dough.

It doesn't.

Public services are not for profit businesses. That said, during commute hours which in the Bay Area start at 5 A.M and continue until at least 10 A.M. (unless some idiot on a motorcycle gets killed); and from 3 P.M. until at least 8 P.M. unless some drunk or lane switching speeder kills themselves or someone else.

When the Giants, A's, Sharks or Warriors play commute hours stretch into the late evenings, on weekends when major events occur in The City (SF) BART is jammed since parking in The City is nearly impossible, unless someone want to pay big bucks, even then the parking garages are usually full unless one drives in at 5 A.M.

Maybe not, but they shouldn't be running at enormous deficits either. If they can't make it then clearly there isn't the need or desire.

Far better would be to issue LYFT credit cards. Employs people, no massive overhead, no long term pensions sucking the life from the taxpayer. Etc. etc

Lyft and Uber drivers are being exploited, and even so the business plan for LYFT has lost money:

See: How Lyft disguises its losses

As for employment BART and other transit agencies employ drivers, mechanics, police, custodians, electricians, station agents, bookkeepers and accountants, managers and supervisors.

Yes, their businesses are losing money so far. Eventually they will either get it right or they will fail.

One thing that won't happen is the taxpayers won't have to foot the bill.

I'm glad you don't live in CA.
Yeah fuck you out of staters.
We don't think about all of you moochers as much as you f'n beggars think about us.

it might be to late for S.Cal,there are to many people and many more on the way....
Tell this who has been posting here about how millions are fleeing the state. All I see is more and more people moving in.
which is the reason so many are leaving....its called people congestion or pollution....take your pick....

For the Record:

http://worldpopulationreview.com/states/california-population/

Look over the demographics, and compare to your state.
Wry were i moved to the first very noticeable thing was .....A LOT LESS PEOPLE....back in Anaheim no matter the time of day or day of week....freeways crowded,some days it took a half hour by freeway to go 10 miles....out here if there is fucking 15 cars on it.... its crowded....i can at least say i lived in California during the time when it may have been the greatest place on the planet to live....the way it has got over the last 20-25 years,i dont regret leaving at all....

It appears you live in Nevada, having been in Nevada from S to N to E, I'm inclined to believe the only place I would live in Nevada is to be close to Tahoe's S, E and N shores.

There are other very nice places as well. Clearly you have traveled a very narrow band.

With a stroke of his pen, California Governor Gavin Newsom has redirected part of the money you pay at the pump with the state’s gas tax to the railway system and other projects.
Assemblyman Patterson says, “One of the very first things Governor Newsom decides to do, is put forward an executive order and his people at Caltrans have decided they are going to terminate addition north and south freeway lanes on Highway 99 in Tulare and Madera County. I’m almost speechless with response to this.”
Assemblyman Patterson says, “When you pay for gas and you pay a gas tax, a railroad is not a highway. This is bait and switch. This is saying one thing and doing something else. I just think all who represent California both Democrats and Republicans have better step up and stand up and say Mr. Governor you can’t do this.”
CBS47 Investigation: Gov. Newsom redirects gas tax money. It won’t fund highways, railway system

It really is the ol' bait and switch....and the Ca. taxpayer once again is getting screwed.
Been to LA many times

Their highway system is overburdened and air pollution has always been a problem. For one of our largest cities, their mass transit is almost nonexistent. Using gas tax to improve mass transit is a wise choice
I agree we need more mass transit....Californians love their cars, they need to get out of their comfort zone a bit. I bike, scooter and I hardly use mu car.
it might be to late for S.Cal,there are to many people and many more on the way....
Tell this who has been posting here about how millions are fleeing the state. All I see is more and more people moving in.

Cali is seeing its slowest population growth in recorded history. Last year 177,000 moved in, but 160,000 moved out.

Most of those moving in are low skill workers. The trades are starved for talent.
I wish it was true...is the opposite from what I see.

Been to LA many times

Their highway system is overburdened and air pollution has always been a problem. For one of our largest cities, their mass transit is almost nonexistent. Using gas tax to improve mass transit is a wise choice
I agree we need more mass transit....Californians love their cars, they need to get out of their comfort zone a bit. I bike, scooter and I hardly use mu car.
which is the reason so many are leaving....its called people congestion or pollution....take your pick....
So many leaving and many more moving in. Wherever I go is packed...so no one can convince me the state is experiencing an exodus like the haters keep on fanatasing about daily.

For the Record:

Wry were i moved to the first very noticeable thing was .....A LOT LESS PEOPLE....back in Anaheim no matter the time of day or day of week....freeways crowded,some days it took a half hour by freeway to go 10 miles....out here if there is fucking 15 cars on it.... its crowded....i can at least say i lived in California during the time when it may have been the greatest place on the planet to live....the way it has got over the last 20-25 years,i dont regret leaving at all....
40 million Californians dont care if you left or not. Millions did life goes on. It is still the best state, best economy, home to best of everything nothing changed.

I live in Burlingame in the SF peninsula. I get 14,000 dollars a year from SS. I live quite well on that.
thats your only income and you are doing quite well?...yea right....
Sorry if I can do things you can't. That is what I get and nothing more. I do own my home and the world is fine.
im sorry after living there for 50 years and knowing many in that income bracket i just cant buy your story...whats funny is you said in a post above....Yes I drive and make plenty of cash to buy fuel.....

For the Record:

40 million Californians dont care if you left or not. Millions did life goes on. It is still the best state, best economy, home to best of everything nothing changed.
Quality of life has diminished, Issa, you can't say that Cali is as good as it was in the 60's-70's

Last edited:
I live in Burlingame in the SF peninsula. I get 14,000 dollars a year from SS. I live quite well on that.
thats your only income and you are doing quite well?...yea right....
Sorry if I can do things you can't. That is what I get and nothing more. I do own my home and the world is fine.
im sorry after living there for 50 years and knowing many in that income bracket i just cant buy your story...whats funny is you said in a post above....Yes I drive and make plenty of cash to buy fuel.....

14 grand from SS and lives quite well in San Francisco?

Well this is the biggest lie ever told on the internet...

For the Record:

It appears you live in Nevada, having been in Nevada from S to N to E, I'm inclined to believe the only place I would live in Nevada is to be close to Tahoe's S, E and N shores.
i live at the foot of the Mountains in the northern part of Las Vegas.....35 miles from the strip were all the people are and the freeway congestion...otherwise its like a whole new world here....

Been to LA many times

Cali is seeing its slowest population growth in recorded history. Last year 177,000 moved in, but 160,000 moved out.

Most of those moving in are low skill workers. The trades are starved for talent.
I wish it was true...is the opposite from what I see.
then you dont have your blinders off.....because many moving in are just that....low skilled workers...

Been to LA many times

So many leaving and many more moving in. Wherever I go is packed...so no one can convince me the state is experiencing an exodus like the haters keep on fanatasing about daily.
and you think wherever you go its packed, is a good thing?...

Been to LA many times

Yep, packed in like rats in a maze, too bad most of them can't speak English.

For the Record:

i live at the foot of the Mountains in the northern part of Las Vegas.....35 miles from the strip were all the people are and the freeway congestion...otherwise its like a whole new world here....

I know, it would look like Mars, if Mars had cacti and all types of rattlesnakes.

For the Record:

thats because you refuse to look at the not so great part of the state....and maybe 30 years ago it was the best of everything,now its like i said....you refuse to acknowledge the negative things going on today which was nothing 30 years ago,but are major problems today....take the California flag out of your ass issa and take a look around,you might see many struggling to make ends meet,still many inland without jobs.....roads that need at least repair...homelessness increasing daily..... the list goes on...

Most of 40 Million can't speak English? You must be brainwashed or a damn liar. Likely both.

For the Record:

Quality of life as diminished, Issa, you can't say that Cali is as good as it was in the 60's-70's
i doubt if he was here back at that time ......he has no idea what you are talking about....

Most of 40 Million can't speak English? You must be brainwashed or a damn liar. Likely both.

Follow the conversation champ, follow the conversation.

Forum List

Back