🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If I lived in Ca I would be pissed

With a stroke of his pen, California Governor Gavin Newsom has redirected part of the money you pay at the pump with the state’s gas tax to the railway system and other projects.
Assemblyman Patterson says, “One of the very first things Governor Newsom decides to do, is put forward an executive order and his people at Caltrans have decided they are going to terminate addition north and south freeway lanes on Highway 99 in Tulare and Madera County. I’m almost speechless with response to this.”
Assemblyman Patterson says, “When you pay for gas and you pay a gas tax, a railroad is not a highway. This is bait and switch. This is saying one thing and doing something else. I just think all who represent California both Democrats and Republicans have better step up and stand up and say Mr. Governor you can’t do this.”
CBS47 Investigation: Gov. Newsom redirects gas tax money. It won’t fund highways, railway system

It really is the ol' bait and switch....and the Ca. taxpayer once again is getting screwed.
This is liberalism on display
Been to LA many times

Their highway system is overburdened and air pollution has always been a problem. For one of our largest cities, their mass transit is almost nonexistent. Using gas tax to improve mass transit is a wise choice

California is under Communist rule. Communism is ALWAYS corrupt.

The money Newsom is embezzling is going for the "Train to nowhere," an insider scheme started under Brown where Communist insiders can steal hundreds of billions of dollars. President Trump put the kabosh on the federal funds the Communists had been stealing under Potentate Obamugabe, but the insiders who back the democrats demand the cash keep flowing or the donations stop. So the gas tax scam is the way Newsom keeps corruption turning. The Communists can't raise taxes without taxpayer approval. but Newsom illegally raised gas taxes with the backing of a corrupt California supreme court to get around the prohibition of raising income or property taxes.

Newsom is stealing from the poor to give to the rich, as ALL democrats do.

Whether or not any particular project is a good idea is one thing, but it is foolish to claim that money spent out on actual labor and construction done is theft.

Sweetheart projects are the mainstay of political corruption. The bullet train to nowhere is a classic example of a sweetheart deal. The "developers" are all major democrat donors who "contribute" heavily to the ruling communists. Naturally there is virtually no oversight nor audity of the projects which in this case costs thousands of times what any normal construction would.

For the Record:

http://worldpopulationreview.com/states/california-population/

Look over the demographics, and compare to your state.
Wry were i moved to the first very noticeable thing was .....A LOT LESS PEOPLE....back in Anaheim no matter the time of day or day of week....freeways crowded,some days it took a half hour by freeway to go 10 miles....out here if there is fucking 15 cars on it.... its crowded....i can at least say i lived in California during the time when it may have been the greatest place on the planet to live....the way it has got over the last 20-25 years,i dont regret leaving at all....
40 million Californians dont care if you left or not. Millions did life goes on. It is still the best state, best economy, home to best of everything nothing changed.
thats because you refuse to look at the not so great part of the state....and maybe 30 years ago it was the best of everything,now its like i said....you refuse to acknowledge the negative things going on today which was nothing 30 years ago,but are major problems today....take the California flag out of your ass issa and take a look around,you might see many struggling to make ends meet,still many inland without jobs.....roads that need at least repair...homelessness increasing daily..... the list goes on...

Homelessness is a problem throughout the United States; I've not seen a study to prove CA has more per capita than other states.

The issue is not local politics, or of the State of CA's governance. It is the fault of The Congress which has not engaged in honest debates to reduce the numbers of this nationwide malady.

The War on Drugs is a failure, Mental health is not funded at a level necessary; thus the serious mentally ill end up in jails and prisons or left on the streets.

Drug addicts and alcoholics spend more time in jail than in treatment, they too add to the problem which cries for a solution, yet The Congress walks down the sidewalk and steps over those sleeping in doorways (metaphorically).
no but there are many here who think most of the homeless are from other states.....approx 75% of the homeless in and around LA are Californians.....

I stated this before, in my early career I was privy to FBI rap sheets. I noted a number of dispositions on arrests in Southern States was, "Floater". I asked another agent what this meant, and he told me that the offender, usually petty thief, a chronic drunk or other minor offender, and usually black, was put on a Greyhound Bus and sent to California after being told don't come back, or else.

So how do you know who lives where? Why are so many of you right wingers so miserable and hateful all the time?

Trains move without needing energy. Everyone in California knows that.

Tax people who ride on Amtrak then. Tax people who ride on CalTrans, or Bart or various other rail systems, but dont take gas taxes to pay for it.

The California High Speed rail, doesn't even move at all and had cost us Billions ...and is an admitted failure... all those billions thrown away by Newsom and people just like him. But , sure... I'm sure he knows what he's doing this time. California legislators need to donate their entire salary, and sell their second homes to pay back the citizens of California for their absolute failure and misappropriation of taxpayer funds.

Highly unlikely in Burlingame. Regardless, he claims that 14k a year and he lives well. Take all taxes out of it, he can't afford a car, he can barely afford to take BART anywhere, the bus rides would kill him cost wise, and the food and simple energy costs are more than 20k per year, unless he lives in a cardboard box.

Or, far more likely, his mom's basement.

So how do you know who lives where? Why are so many of you right wingers so miserable and hateful all the time?

We know how much it costs to live places because we actually travel.

Ummm, no, I don't care who you are, when you make 14,000 and live in an area where housing is a million plus.

40 million Californians dont care if you left or not. Millions did life goes on. It is still the best state, best economy, home to best of everything nothing changed.
thats because you refuse to look at the not so great part of the state....and maybe 30 years ago it was the best of everything,now its like i said....you refuse to acknowledge the negative things going on today which was nothing 30 years ago,but are major problems today....take the California flag out of your ass issa and take a look around,you might see many struggling to make ends meet,still many inland without jobs.....roads that need at least repair...homelessness increasing daily..... the list goes on...

Homelessness is a problem throughout the United States; I've not seen a study to prove CA has more per capita than other states.

The issue is not local politics, or of the State of CA's governance. It is the fault of The Congress which has not engaged in honest debates to reduce the numbers of this nationwide malady.

The War on Drugs is a failure, Mental health is not funded at a level necessary; thus the serious mentally ill end up in jails and prisons or left on the streets.

Drug addicts and alcoholics spend more time in jail than in treatment, they too add to the problem which cries for a solution, yet The Congress walks down the sidewalk and steps over those sleeping in doorways (metaphorically).
The issue is a sanctuary state, and yes, they do flock to sanctuary states for......sanctuary.
Gotta have a little common sense to figure these things out..

And your side of the aisle claims to be Christian and steps over the sleeping homeless without a thought. The issue is the failure of Congress, the bigotry of people like you, and for the last 3 years Trump's hate and fear rhetoric which created Sanctuary Cities and States.

Empathy is not only a word, it is a moral value, and something too many in power, and those who put them in power, don't have.

And you claiming to be a LEO turns a blind eye to the rule of law has no business telling others about morality. pathetic
How many homeless are you letting tent up in your backyard and feeding there, wry? Hypocrite much?

a) Discernment, is part of the makeup of good enforcement, that is, acuteness of judgment and understanding.
b) You and others don't bat an eye when you see someone, another human being, living on the streets.
c) All law enforcement personnel are human beings too, some have empathy, some don't. Some will make an arrest, some will awaken them with the baton, and others will offer them an alternative.
d) I support several alternatives which benefit the homeless. The Salvation Army for the substance abusers, and the Mental Health Assoc. of San Francisco.
e) I do not invite homeless people to put up a tent in my backyard; I'm not an enabler
f) I understand you can lead a conservative to morality, but you can't make them accept it.

The issue is a sanctuary state, and yes, they do flock to sanctuary states for......sanctuary.

And your side of the aisle claims to be Christian and steps over the sleeping homeless without a thought. The issue is the failure of Congress, the bigotry of people like you, and for the last 3 years Trump's hate and fear rhetoric which created Sanctuary Cities and States.

Empathy is not only a word, it is a moral value, and something too many in power, and those who put them in power, don't have.

Yep, more BS....what a shock.
A look at San Francisco’s status as a sanctuary city – The Mercury News

Maybe you should read your link. My experience, when ICE was INS, and we had an undocumented person in our jail, we would call INS and rarely get a response.

Thus the City and the County paid for the board and care while awaiting trial in jail, an attorney (usually the PD), a trial, a probation report and incarceration and a period of Probation; not a penny spent enforcing on any of these costs by the Federal Government.

Great Question, don't expect an answer; most of the right wingers never offer any personal data other than their gender and a few their age.

Yep, more BS....what a shock.
A look at San Francisco’s status as a sanctuary city – The Mercury News

Maybe you should read your link. My experience, when ICE was INS, and we had an undocumented person in our jail, we would call INS and rarely get a response.

Thus the City and the County paid for the board and care while awaiting trial in jail, an attorney (usually the PD), a trial, a probation report and incarceration and a period of Probation; not a penny spent enforcing on any of these costs by the Federal Government.
So what your saying is that this is the line in the sand that they make their stand on? Good grief
If they were more consistent with the oversight, it could have been believable.

Kinda sad about Kathryn Steinle, isn't it?

With a stroke of his pen, California Governor Gavin Newsom has redirected part of the money you pay at the pump with the state’s gas tax to the railway system and other projects.
Assemblyman Patterson says, “One of the very first things Governor Newsom decides to do, is put forward an executive order and his people at Caltrans have decided they are going to terminate addition north and south freeway lanes on Highway 99 in Tulare and Madera County. I’m almost speechless with response to this.”
Assemblyman Patterson says, “When you pay for gas and you pay a gas tax, a railroad is not a highway. This is bait and switch. This is saying one thing and doing something else. I just think all who represent California both Democrats and Republicans have better step up and stand up and say Mr. Governor you can’t do this.”
CBS47 Investigation: Gov. Newsom redirects gas tax money. It won’t fund highways, railway system

It really is the ol' bait and switch....and the Ca. taxpayer once again is getting screwed.
This is liberalism on display
Been to LA many times

Their highway system is overburdened and air pollution has always been a problem. For one of our largest cities, their mass transit is almost nonexistent. Using gas tax to improve mass transit is a wise choice

California is under Communist rule. Communism is ALWAYS corrupt.

The money Newsom is embezzling is going for the "Train to nowhere," an insider scheme started under Brown where Communist insiders can steal hundreds of billions of dollars. President Trump put the kabosh on the federal funds the Communists had been stealing under Potentate Obamugabe, but the insiders who back the democrats demand the cash keep flowing or the donations stop. So the gas tax scam is the way Newsom keeps corruption turning. The Communists can't raise taxes without taxpayer approval. but Newsom illegally raised gas taxes with the backing of a corrupt California supreme court to get around the prohibition of raising income or property taxes.

Newsom is stealing from the poor to give to the rich, as ALL democrats do.

Whether or not any particular project is a good idea is one thing, but it is foolish to claim that money spent out on actual labor and construction done is theft.

Sweetheart projects are the mainstay of political corruption. The bullet train to nowhere is a classic example of a sweetheart deal. The "developers" are all major democrat donors who "contribute" heavily to the ruling communists. Naturally there is virtually no oversight nor audity of the projects which in this case costs thousands of times what any normal construction would.

Are you really this ^^^ stupid to believe anyone but a biddable fool believes the crap you post?

Trains move without needing energy. Everyone in California knows that.

Tax people who ride on Amtrak then. Tax people who ride on CalTrans, or Bart or various other rail systems, but dont take gas taxes to pay for it.

The California High Speed rail, doesn't even move at all and had cost us Billions ...and is an admitted failure... all those billions thrown away by Newsom and people just like him. But , sure... I'm sure he knows what he's doing this time. California legislators need to donate their entire salary, and sell their second homes to pay back the citizens of California for their absolute failure and misappropriation of taxpayer funds.

People who believe the crap you've posted can't think out of the box that was locked after your brainwash.

Some things to consider:
  • The air corridor between Northern and Southern California has reached its limit.
  • Building Transit Villages create jobs, and reduces traffic on already overcrowded freeways.
  • High speed rail in Europe and Asia is proof the CA Project is not a train to nowhere; it connects major metro areas, from Sacramento to San Diego with a spur into San Jose, Silicon Valley and San Francisco.

which is the reason so many are leaving....its called people congestion or pollution....take your pick....

For the Record:

http://worldpopulationreview.com/states/california-population/

Look over the demographics, and compare to your state.
Wry were i moved to the first very noticeable thing was .....A LOT LESS PEOPLE....back in Anaheim no matter the time of day or day of week....freeways crowded,some days it took a half hour by freeway to go 10 miles....out here if there is fucking 15 cars on it.... its crowded....i can at least say i lived in California during the time when it may have been the greatest place on the planet to live....the way it has got over the last 20-25 years,i dont regret leaving at all....

The war on drugs is a failure because you guys give them free needles, as a society we can not have people working on/ operating machines/ driving or walking around in public guys wearing dresses or eating people's faces off on drugs.

And you claiming to be a LEO turns a blind eye to the rule of law has no business telling others about morality. pathetic
How many homeless are you letting tent up in your backyard and feeding there, wry? Hypocrite much?

The Rule of Law does not mean blindly enforcing legislation.
It means understanding the source of legal authority in a democratic republic, and NOT enforcing legislation that violates the foundation principles.

For example the War On Drugs is not more legal then Prohibition was, as well as 3 strikes, federal gun control laws, etc.
The legislation from congress has always been questionable, like slavery, women not allowed to vote, etc.
We need to question legislation more, not less.

Homelessness comes mostly from corrupt IRS regulations that benefit landlords. For example, poor people should be allowed to write off rent, food, transportation, clothing, etc., as cost of doing business.
Housing investment should be available from the government, not just for profit banks.
Etc.
All the problems have obvious for profit causes, like health care costing twice what it should.

But you keep telling us that "no one is above the law" Unless you happen to be a illegal alien. Our laws don't seem to apply to them.

no but there are many here who think most of the homeless are from other states.....approx 75% of the homeless in and around LA are Californians.....

I stated this before, in my early career I was privy to FBI rap sheets. I noted a number of dispositions on arrests in Southern States was, "Floater". I asked another agent what this meant, and he told me that the offender, usually petty thief, a chronic drunk or other minor offender, and usually black, was put on a Greyhound Bus and sent to California after being told don't come back, or else.

FBI "rap sheets" are now dealing with petty crime? C'mon wry, i actually have friends who are FBI agents, this is a lie, and you know it.

Forum List

Back