If Jesus couldn't keep HIMSELF out of trouble...

I call bullshit. Prove it all, or you're a liar.

Bullshit?.... Dave described things pretty good for Bullshit.......and Dave has already in other threads shown pictures of himself in Uniform on the job....

Let's see if I follow this whole thing. Daveman is posting his resume to show that his opinion is more important than anyone elses?

He posted it in answer to a request to tell us about his accomplishments. Try to keep up.

Bullshit?.... Dave described things pretty good for Bullshit.......and Dave has already in other threads shown pictures of himself in Uniform on the job....
:beer: No worries. Wonky's just butthurt because I refuse to kiss his ass the way he insists he deserves.

Yet you think he should kiss yours. I don't get it. You've led an interesting life, worked hard and accomplished plenty. That doesn't mean your opinion is worth more than anyone elses.

You have daveman confused with me. And I don't think Wonky should kiss my butt, because I wouldn't let him that close to me. I just think he should recognize that he should be kissing my butt, if I were at all inclined to allow him to.

Not nearly as ridiculous as claiming that one's liberal beliefs are an accomplishment worthy of respect.

I've done stuff. The stuff I've done is the basis of my opinions. Not everyone can say that.

I could say the same thing. "I've done stuff. The stuff I've done is the basis of my opinions." I don't see why being conservative is an "accomplishment" that you feel proud of. All being a conservative means is an ideological stance on government spending and limiting social freedoms.

What makes you think only conservatives are worthy of respect? If we didn't have liberals we wouldn't have had civil rights in this country.

He never listed "being conservative" as one of his accomplishments, Tard Girl. Could you be just a BIT more defensive?

He lists himself as a "proud conservative". Being a conservative isn't something to be proud of. It's nothing more than a political view.

Last edited:
Posting your resume on a message board is ridiculous.
Not nearly as ridiculous as claiming that one's liberal beliefs are an accomplishment worthy of respect.

I've done stuff. The stuff I've done is the basis of my opinions. Not everyone can say that.

I could say the same thing. "I've done stuff. The stuff I've done is the basis of my opinions." I don't see why being conservative is an accomplishment that you feel proud of. All being a conservative means is an ideological stance on government spending and limiting social freedoms.

What makes you think only conservatives are worthy of respect?
Is English your second language? Where did I say that?

My point is that political beliefs are not cause for automatic respect. I have REPEATEDLY asked Wonky why he's so arrogant, and that's all it boils down to: He's a liberal. He has never listed any accomplishments worthy of respect. He has never listed any accomplishments AT ALL. Nothing.

He expects his ass to be kissed simply because he thinks he's entitled. He's going to be disappointed.

I could say the same thing. "I've done stuff. The stuff I've done is the basis of my opinions." I don't see why being conservative is an "accomplishment" that you feel proud of. All being a conservative means is an ideological stance on government spending and limiting social freedoms.

What makes you think only conservatives are worthy of respect? If we didn't have liberals we wouldn't have had civil rights in this country.

He never listed "being conservative" as one of his accomplishments, Tard Girl. Could you be just a BIT more defensive?

He lists himself as a "proud conservative". Being a conservative isn't something to be proud of. It's nothing more than a political view.

Untrue. Given that being a liberal would be something to be ashamed of (and I'm apparently not the only one who thinks so, given the way liberal politicians run away from it at campaign time), it only follows that the opposite is something to be proud of.

I don't feel defensive.

Bullshit you don't. The guy answers a question, and right away you're jumping all over it, trying to make it out as him lording it over you and your asshole buddy. You can lie to yourself if you want, but don't expect anyone else to believe it.

Next time you post something to me without an insult I'll post back.

Way to demotivate a person.

I could say the same thing. "I've done stuff. The stuff I've done is the basis of my opinions." I don't see why being conservative is an accomplishment that you feel proud of. All being a conservative means is an ideological stance on government spending and limiting social freedoms.

My point is that political beliefs are not cause for automatic respect. I have REPEATEDLY asked Wonky why he's so arrogant, and that's all it boils down to: He's a liberal. He has never listed any accomplishments worthy of respect. He has never listed any accomplishments AT ALL. Nothing.

He expects his ass to be kissed simply because he thinks he's entitled. He's going to be disappointed.

I agree with you that political beliefs are not cause for automatic respect. Neither is someone's resume, for that matter.

I respect you because you are courteous when you post to me. That wins points in my book.

Thanks

:beer: No worries. Wonky's just butthurt because I refuse to kiss his ass the way he insists he deserves.

Yet you think he should kiss yours.
No, I don't.
I don't get it.
No shit.
You've led an interesting life, worked hard and accomplished plenty.
I think so.
That doesn't mean your opinion is worth more than anyone elses.
In general, no. But as I said, on the subjects I listed, my opinion is worth more than that of someone who has no experience in those subjects.

Get it?

If someone asks me a question about Buddhism, I'll send them to you, because I know my opinion on it is worthless.

Understand now?

I'm proud of my conservatism, yes. But I'm not demanding anything from anyone for it.

No, I don't.

No shit.
You've led an interesting life, worked hard and accomplished plenty.
I think so.
In general, no. But as I said, on the subjects I listed, my opinion is worth more than that of someone who has no experience in those subjects.

Get it?

If someone asks me a question about Buddhism, I'll send them to you, because I know my opinion on it is worthless.

Understand now?

Yes, thank you.

I agree with you that political beliefs are not cause for automatic respect. Neither is someone's resume, for that matter.

I respect you because you are courteous when you post to me. That wins points in my book.

Thanks

I'm not demanding respect for my resume, either. I'm not demanding anything.

It seems natural to ask why wouldn't God be there to comfort Jesus
while he was suffering doing exactly what was prophesied and willed.

It represents a difficult and critical moment.
Although God is there, you feel you are abandoned.

I believe this helps to know that we follow this same pattern in life,
so when it happens to us, when we feel most abandoned and alone,
we can put it in perspective with the whole of humanity going through the same process.

It is both universal and feeling all alone at the same time.

It's not that the story doesn't have a message, Emily. As you've shown, it does. It just doesn't hang together logically.

That's where faith comes in. You simply have to have faith in Gods word, and no logic by a human brain has anyplace in it.

So.........you're saying that you've got to have blind faith, as God isn't logical?

I've got a feeling the Torah and the Jews would contradict your assertation.

I'm proud of my conservatism, yes. But I'm not demanding anything from anyone for it.

If what you mean is you stand up for certain values, I understand that. But you seem to think that only conservatives have values.

Last edited:
No, I don't.

No shit.

I think so.

Get it?

Understand now?

Yes, thank you.
You're welcome.

I don't understand being proud of being conservative. It's a political view, that's all.
Indeed. And if it helps you understand, substitute "not ashamed" for "proud".

I don't understand being proud of being conservative. It's a political view, that's all.

I see plenty in your life story to be proud of. I don't consider being politically conservative anything to be proud of.

It's not something to be ashamed of either. It's only been since Rush Limbaugh's been on the scene that he's tried to make being liberal something to be ashamed of.

I see plenty in your life story to be proud of. I don't consider being politically conservative anything to be proud of.

It's not something to be ashamed of either.
Thanks. Not everyone shares that view. My user title is a tweak at them.
It's only been since Rush Limbaugh's been on the scene that he's tried to make being liberal something to be ashamed of.
Actually, liberals have been running away from the title for years and years.

It's only been since Rush Limbaugh's been on the scene that he's tried to make being liberal something to be ashamed of.

And they run away from the beliefs and policy positions that go with it every time they have to campaign for office.

And they run away from the beliefs and policy positions that go with it every time they have to campaign for office.

Yup. The people responsible for making "liberal" a bad word are liberals themselves.

Forum List

Back