If Republicans Cared About Families, They’d Stop Blocking Paid Leave

No….unchecked government growth is why government grew. You keep giving politicians more money and power, and they keep increasing the size of government. Capitalism has nothing to do with that. And yes, the market, left alone by politicians will fix itself. It always has. When the politicians try to "fix" things, that is when we get the great depression that we can't get out of.

The Federal government has spent more money each and ever year since the late 1950's, even as population growth decreased. Its like my local school district, there are 500 fewer students in the district compared with 2 years ago yet they want a huge increase over the previous budget. Something fishy there.
The Federal Government is the same size as it was fifty years ago. Even though the population has doubled
Every American spends more than they did in the 1950s. Can't find ten cent Cokes and 25 cents a gallon gas anymore

We have had 12 new Government Departments added in the last 50 years.
Yes is has grown.

Same number of employees as we had in the 60s

Not even close.
US Government Growth 2009
The size of government in relation to private sector has grown to 40% in 2009, according to www.gpoaccess.gov estimates.

government-expenses-growth-1930-2009.png

Your point? The size of government equals jobs. Wingers never quite get that

The Federal government has spent more money each and ever year since the late 1950's, even as population growth decreased. Its like my local school district, there are 500 fewer students in the district compared with 2 years ago yet they want a huge increase over the previous budget. Something fishy there.
The Federal Government is the same size as it was fifty years ago. Even though the population has doubled
Every American spends more than they did in the 1950s. Can't find ten cent Cokes and 25 cents a gallon gas anymore

Yes is has grown.

Not even close.
The size of government in relation to private sector has grown to 40% in 2009, according to www.gpoaccess.gov estimates.

Ok genius... let's follow that logic... so then, why not everyone work for the government? Then you'd have 100% employment. How's that going to work exactly?

Jesus you leftists are ignorant.

We did it quite well, it was a sacrifice, but a sacrifice we felt was well worth it. I see so many people these days that whine about having both parents working, then they complain about their two car notes, the price of Disneyland, cable and their home they can't afford. It's a myriad of factors, not the least of which is the BS sold to women about "you can have it all" or worse yet, that you have no value unless you earn a paycheck. Coupled with the instant gratification bullshit, and here we are. And yeah, the fix is forcing companies to provide more PTO.

I've been making that point for weeks and getting no response. Stop me if you've heard this one:
A long time friend - single mom with some college & 2 kids - works as much o-time as necessary to provide the kids with the little extras (hockey, dance) most of us want for our children. When o-time wasn't available she would take a 2nd job. She drove herself to have a life - nurturing, providing for & teaching her children, maintaining strong family & friend ties and working out daily - often at the cost of sleep.
She neither sought nor accepted gov't aid and always earned a bit more than the free-riders so that this hard-working, responsible mom annually paid at least some federal personal income tax which our gov't, in all its "wisdom and justice," used to supplement the income of those who couldn't or wouldn't match her effort.
She never expects or demands that society ("the rich") provide for her and hers ... she does what is necessary to be self-sufficient.

Maybe in your world workers turn against pregnant women

Not in mine

Maybe in your world workers don't look for every angle to increase their wage, especially when the boss burdens them with additional work.

Not in mine.

Only the dumbest progressive in the world would advocate employees not get paid for being forced to work harder

Happens all the time in the workplace with temporary leave

Employees have to cover when someone is on vacation or someone is sick

This is no different

Mandated 6 weeks?

You are looney

You think 6 weeks is alot?
Not enough for a mother to bond with her child.

Conservative mothers do not bond with their children

Kind of explains why they are so callous

We did it quite well, it was a sacrifice, but a sacrifice we felt was well worth it. I see so many people these days that whine about having both parents working, then they complain about their two car notes, the price of Disneyland, cable and their home they can't afford. It's a myriad of factors, not the least of which is the BS sold to women about "you can have it all" or worse yet, that you have no value unless you earn a paycheck. Coupled with the instant gratification bullshit, and here we are. And yeah, the fix is forcing companies to provide more PTO.

I've been making that point for weeks and getting no response. Stop me if you've heard this one:
A long time friend - single mom with some college & 2 kids - works as much o-time as necessary to provide the kids with the little extras (hockey, dance) most of us want for our children. When o-time wasn't available she would take a 2nd job. She drove herself to have a life - nurturing, providing for & teaching her children, maintaining strong family & friend ties and working out daily - often at the cost of sleep.
She neither sought nor accepted gov't aid and always earned a bit more than the free-riders so that this hard-working, responsible mom annually paid at least some federal personal income tax which our gov't, in all its "wisdom and justice," used to supplement the income of those who couldn't or wouldn't match her effort.
She never expects or demands that society ("the rich") provide for her and hers ... she does what is necessary to be self-sufficient.

BRAVO

Maybe in your world workers don't look for every angle to increase their wage, especially when the boss burdens them with additional work.

Not in mine.

Only the dumbest progressive in the world would advocate employees not get paid for being forced to work harder

This is no different

Mandated 6 weeks?

You are looney

Conservative mothers do not bond with their children

Kind of explains why they are so callous

Liberals treat children like puppets, no wonder they don't understand the meaning of bonding.

Yes is has grown.

Not even close.

No it doesn't never has and never will.
It's the left who don't get it.
The government gets its supplies from private-sector companies.
Government has police, fire and teachers at the local government level not the Federal government.

This is no different

Mandated 6 weeks?

You are looney

Typipcal leftist bullshit.... My wife stayed at home until our kids were in school.... it can be done. Mandated family leave is nonsense.
Typical right wing response to everything that has never personally happened to them. Oh, someone stayed at home with the kids? Congratulations! Now, think of the worry that falls on a family when they are living paycheck to paycheck and give birth without paid maternity leave.

If it's that much of a burden, don't have kids.

If Dems believed in freedom and America, they'd stop demanding the government use tyranny to get their way.

but they don't, they hate, absolutely hate, freedom and America.
Paid leave is tyranny? I guess every other country is suffering then, OH GOD, THE PAID LEAVE, IT'S LITERALLY KILLING US. LOL.
It's over your head, I know, you're a leftist are are unable to think for yourself.

When the government passes a law, they force people to follow it. So when the government passes a law that forces businesses to pay people to not work, big business loses competition since the small biz is having a harder time competing.

That's as simple an explanation I can give you, I know you didn't understand though.
its always funny seeing rightwnigut sheeple say that liberals don't think for themselves.
hint... I know I think for myself. and the conclusion is that rightwingnuts are just that.... nuts
:lol:
You only parrot things you overheard while working at your shoe-shine stand.
:lol:

Yeah, but at least she now has healthcare. LOL!

Let's be real, if angry greedy white Republican guy had his way, Businesses would be allowed to have their slaves. And they'd get their Corporate Welfare Tax Breaks on top of it. Most of our Founding Fathers were greedy old white dudes who owned slaves for God's sake. That's America.

Slavery is where unchecked hate & greed ultimately takes you. All Americans should actually thank God that Unions existed and thrived for a time. They wouldn't enjoy the perks they take for granted today, if Unions didn't fight for them. Unions need to make a comeback in this country. It's the only way to keep greedy white Republican guy somewhat honest.

Actually it's a good way to get the greedy white Republican to move his business and jobs out of the country like so many have in the past.

Republican "family values" don't exist, unless it involves protecting zygotes.
If Republicans Cared About Families, They’d Stop Blocking Paid Leave
Several participants at the Republican debate last week spoke fervently about putting Rosa Parks’ image on the $10 bill. They also spoke fervently in support of a decision by Congress to defund Planned Parenthood—an organization that counted Rosa Parks among the members of its national board.

The contradiction would have been obvious and painful to Ms. Parks. Like many of us, she’d have been bewildered by the priorities of candidates who have held vote after vote on shutting down vital health services for women, but won’t even schedule a hearing on the FAMILY Act, a bill to provide affordable family and medical leave. It’s impossible to care about families and leave communities bereft of services for contraception, mammograms and other cancer screenings, and dozens more critical health services for women. It’s also impossible to call yourself “pro-life” and oppose a badly-needed, common sense program to make family and medical leave affordable to care for a new child or a seriously ill family member.

In 1993, the Family and Medical Leave Act passed Congress with bipartisan support. The FMLA provided up to 12 weeks unpaid leave for care of a new child or a serious personal illness or that of a child, spouse or parent. Republicans as well as Democrats saw that valuing family meant making sure people could care for family members without losing their jobs or health insurance. Many of the state and local campaigns within Family Values @ Work’s national network have leaders from both parties—including the numerous Republicans leading the charge for the Family Care Act in Georgia.

So what’s the problem in the nation’s capital today?

The FMLA is now 22 years old. While it constituted a major breakthrough and established the principle that having a family shouldn’t cost you your job, the leave remains out of reach for millions—some because they’re not covered by its protections (two-fifths of the nation’s workforce), and many who are eligible because they cannot afford to take unpaid leave. According to a study done for the Department of Labor (DOL), nearly one in four employed mothers who are pregnant go back to work within two weeks of giving birth—with disastrous results for maternal and infant health. Others who take the time they need to heal and bond with a child often face financial hardship.

If Democraps cared about life at all, black lives in particular or even just "families," they would immediately stop supporting the claimed right to abortion on demand.

'If' being the key word here. They don't care. But on the bright side, greedy white Republican dude's numbers are dwindling. And more & more Americans are turning against them. Winning a Presidential Election will be incredibly difficult for the Republican Party for many years to come.

Sorry to hear you were in a coma last mid-term elections, but it was historical. The Republicans gained seats in Congress and took leadership of the Senate. It didn't stop there. It was a Republican sweep across the country, states, and even city elections.

'If' being the key word here. They don't care. But on the bright side, greedy white Republican dude's numbers are dwindling. And more & more Americans are turning against them. Winning a Presidential Election will be incredibly difficult for the Republican Party for many years to come.

Sorry to hear you were in a coma last mid-term elections, but it was historical. The Republicans gained seats in Congress and took leadership of the Senate. It didn't stop there. It was a Republican sweep across the country, states, and even city elections.
Tell me the congressional approve rating? :coffee::doubt:

It is the way the civilized world works. Unchecked capitalism is not in the best interests of the public
Unchecked capitalism was the reason government grew in the first place, in Europe, in Latin America, in Canada.. These "free market" worshippers who claim the market will fix itself are stupid.

No….unchecked government growth is why government grew. You keep giving politicians more money and power, and they keep increasing the size of government. Capitalism has nothing to do with that. And yes, the market, left alone by politicians will fix itself. It always has. When the politicians try to "fix" things, that is when we get the great depression that we can't get out of.

Care to mention that reagan tripled the national debt and that bush invaded the wrong country?

:lmao:
Leave it to a loony leftist to blame Reagan for the growth of gov't since the late 1950s!

Gotta blame somebody. It's never the Democrats fault.

Unchecked capitalism was the reason government grew in the first place, in Europe, in Latin America, in Canada.. These "free market" worshippers who claim the market will fix itself are stupid.

Care to mention that reagan tripled the national debt and that bush invaded the wrong country?

Leave it to a loony leftist to blame Reagan for the growth of gov't since the late 1950s!

Ain't blaming anybody, just laying out the fact that CUNSERVATIVE hero Ronnie raised the debt 3X

Who the fuck in their right mind could approve of the job done by Congress? Even when the GOP took over, the fucking left still triumphs far too often. The shit holes like Boehner and McConnell are simply NOT doing their jobs.

I disapprove of Congress' job performance now almost as much as when the shit head lolberals are in charge.

Ain't blaming anybody, just laying out the fact that CUNSERVATIVE hero Ronnie raised the debt 3X

Republican Reagan was often saddled with shithole liberal Dumbocraps in control of purse strings, too.

Forum List

Back