If Republicans Cared About Families, They’d Stop Blocking Paid Leave

Congress started skimping on the VA after Vietnam.
They cut funding and allowed hospitals to close and doctors to leave. When Afghanistan and Iraq hit, soldiers started flooding the hospitals by the tens of thousands demanding care.

Congress then blamed the VA because waiting times are so long

Want to fix the VA? Give vouchers for private service until you have hired more doctors and built more hospitals

Agreed - the GOVERMENT screwed up the VA and veteran healthcare, caused the quality of care to DECREASE, not INCREASE! I completely agree, and I agree with your plan - allow vets to go get private health care!

Like anything else....You get what you pay for

Inadequate funding brings inadequate service

Like anything else, take away competition, you get complacence and inadequate service.
Bullshit, especially when looking at EVERY OTHER COUNTRY.
What's are life expectancy again?
The cost of drugs?

Oh, if we could only go back to the good ole days of slavery. Now that's when America was great. Used to be, we could force a small child up to clean a chimney and watch em die an early slow painful black lung death.

Ya can't do that now. And that's just plain shameful. If having slaves was good enough for our old white Founding Fathers, than it should be good enough for us.

It is the way the civilized world works. Unchecked capitalism is not in the best interests of the public
Unchecked capitalism was the reason government grew in the first place, in Europe, in Latin America, in Canada.. These "free market" worshippers who claim the market will fix itself are stupid.

No….unchecked government growth is why government grew. You keep giving politicians more money and power, and they keep increasing the size of government. Capitalism has nothing to do with that. And yes, the market, left alone by politicians will fix itself. It always has. When the politicians try to "fix" things, that is when we get the great depression that we can't get out of.

The Federal government has spent more money each and ever year since the late 1950's, even as population growth decreased. Its like my local school district, there are 500 fewer students in the district compared with 2 years ago yet they want a huge increase over the previous budget. Something fishy there.
The Federal Government is the same size as it was fifty years ago. Even though the population has doubled
Every American spends more than they did in the 1950s. Can't find ten cent Cokes and 25 cents a gallon gas anymore

We have had 12 new Government Departments added in the last 50 years.
Yes is has grown.

Same number of employees as we had in the 60s

If Dems believed in freedom and America, they'd stop demanding the government use tyranny to get their way.

but they don't, they hate, absolutely hate, freedom and America.
Paid leave is tyranny? I guess every other country is suffering then, OH GOD, THE PAID LEAVE, IT'S LITERALLY KILLING US. LOL.
It's over your head, I know, you're a leftist are are unable to think for yourself.

When the government passes a law, they force people to follow it. So when the government passes a law that forces businesses to pay people to not work, big business loses competition since the small biz is having a harder time competing.

That's as simple an explanation I can give you, I know you didn't understand though.
its always funny seeing rightwnigut sheeple say that liberals don't think for themselves.
hint... I know I think for myself. and the conclusion is that rightwingnuts are just that.... nuts
:lol:
You only parrot things you overheard while working at your shoe-shine stand.
:lol:

Get your shine box Tommy

Congress started skimping on the VA after Vietnam.
They cut funding and allowed hospitals to close and doctors to leave. When Afghanistan and Iraq hit, soldiers started flooding the hospitals by the tens of thousands demanding care.

Congress then blamed the VA because waiting times are so long

Want to fix the VA? Give vouchers for private service until you have hired more doctors and built more hospitals

Agreed - the GOVERMENT screwed up the VA and veteran healthcare, caused the quality of care to DECREASE, not INCREASE! I completely agree, and I agree with your plan - allow vets to go get private health care!

Like anything else....You get what you pay for

Inadequate funding brings inadequate service

Like anything else, take away competition, you get complacence and inadequate service.
Bullshit, especially when looking at EVERY OTHER COUNTRY.
What's are life expectancy again?
The cost of drugs?
Then move there and leave my country alone commie

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Mandated forced happiness?

Sorry....but I have never seen fellow employees up in arms because a woman employee was on maternity leave

I doubt you get out much, but then again

You probably can't get out you're door without the official governmental issued pamphlet on how to turn a door knob.

Maybe in your world workers turn against pregnant women

Not in mine

Maybe in your world workers don't look for every angle to increase their wage, especially when the boss burdens them with additional work.

Not in mine.

Only the dumbest progressive in the world would advocate employees not get paid for being forced to work harder

Happens all the time in the workplace with temporary leave

Employees have to cover when someone is on vacation or someone is sick

This is no different

Mandated 6 weeks?

You are looney

Sorry....but I have never seen fellow employees up in arms because a woman employee was on maternity leave

You probably can't get out you're door without the official governmental issued pamphlet on how to turn a door knob.

Not in mine

Maybe in your world workers don't look for every angle to increase their wage, especially when the boss burdens them with additional work.

Not in mine.

Only the dumbest progressive in the world would advocate employees not get paid for being forced to work harder

This is no different

Mandated 6 weeks?

You are looney

You think 6 weeks is alot?

Not in mine

Not in mine.

This is no different

Mandated 6 weeks?

You are looney

Not enough for a mother to bond with her child.

Not in mine

Not in mine.

This is no different

Mandated 6 weeks?

You are looney

Typipcal leftist bullshit.... My wife stayed at home until our kids were in school.... it can be done. Mandated family leave is nonsense.

Not in mine.

This is no different

Mandated 6 weeks?

You are looney

Typipcal leftist bullshit.... My wife stayed at home until our kids were in school.... it can be done. Mandated family leave is nonsense.
Typical right wing response to everything that has never personally happened to them. Oh, someone stayed at home with the kids? Congratulations! Now, think of the worry that falls on a family when they are living paycheck to paycheck and give birth without paid maternity leave.

Not in mine

Not in mine.

This is no different

Mandated 6 weeks?

You are looney

We've had three without six weeks paid leave. We were both able to bond with ours. Sorry to hear it takes more for a liberal. Of course your not known as the sharpest tacks in the box.

The funniest part of this is that we could do it while just being high school graduates. You?

YOU THINK BONDING CAN BE HELPED BY A GOVERNMENT MANDATE!

This is no different

Mandated 6 weeks?

You are looney

Typical right wing response to everything that has never personally happened to them. Oh, someone stayed at home with the kids? Congratulations! Now, think of the worry that falls on a family when they are living paycheck to paycheck and give birth without paid maternity leave.

We lived paycheck to paycheck.. for a while at that. We rarely went out and vacations were a fairy tale. We drove the same car for probably 8 years.... not bullshit, FACT. My parents did it too.... and they were anything but wealthy. It can be done.

David! Nothing has ever happened to you and yet here you are consistently whining like a stuck pig!
Soggy says his family managed to raise and nurture their kids without gov't meddling in the labor market.
Comprende?

Mandated 6 weeks?

You are looney

We lived paycheck to paycheck.. for a while at that. We rarely went out and vacations were a fairy tale. We drove the same car for probably 8 years.... not bullshit, FACT. My parents did it too.... and they were anything but wealthy. It can be done.

Our loony lefties not only do not understand that, they clearly believe society is totally responsible for the actions and decisions of individuals and the consequences of both. There is something definitely wrong with leftists.

This thread - like so many before it - has proven that lefties believe the only way to solve what they perceive to be societal problems is to throw (someone else's) money at it.

David! Nothing has ever happened to you and yet here you are consistently whining like a stuck pig!
Soggy says his family managed to raise and nurture their kids without gov't meddling in the labor market.
Comprende?

We did it quite well, it was a sacrifice, but a sacrifice we felt was well worth it. I see so many people these days that whine about having both parents working, then they complain about their two car notes, the price of Disneyland, cable and their home they can't afford. It's a myriad of factors, not the least of which is the BS sold to women about "you can have it all" or worse yet, that you have no value unless you earn a paycheck. Coupled with the instant gratifiaction bullshit, and here we are. And yeah, the fix is forcing companies to provide more PTO.

Unchecked capitalism was the reason government grew in the first place, in Europe, in Latin America, in Canada.. These "free market" worshippers who claim the market will fix itself are stupid.

No….unchecked government growth is why government grew. You keep giving politicians more money and power, and they keep increasing the size of government. Capitalism has nothing to do with that. And yes, the market, left alone by politicians will fix itself. It always has. When the politicians try to "fix" things, that is when we get the great depression that we can't get out of.

The Federal government has spent more money each and ever year since the late 1950's, even as population growth decreased. Its like my local school district, there are 500 fewer students in the district compared with 2 years ago yet they want a huge increase over the previous budget. Something fishy there.
The Federal Government is the same size as it was fifty years ago. Even though the population has doubled
Every American spends more than they did in the 1950s. Can't find ten cent Cokes and 25 cents a gallon gas anymore

We have had 12 new Government Departments added in the last 50 years.
Yes is has grown.

Same number of employees as we had in the 60s

Not even close.
US Government Growth 2009
The size of government in relation to private sector has grown to 40% in 2009, according to www.gpoaccess.gov estimates.

government-expenses-growth-1930-2009.png

Forum List

Back