If Republicans Cared About Families, They’d Stop Blocking Paid Leave

Your claims of corporate poverty are not phasing me
We have seen what happens when we make it easier for them.....they just pocket the excess profit and hike executive pay
Our corporations are doing just fine. The difference is they no longer see the need to reward their employees. Government stepped in under Reagan and passed legislation to help the supply side. It is time for Government to pass legislation that helps the workers

It's not the federal governments job to help workers. Governments job is to govern.

Government doesn't create jobs, the private sector creates jobs. All government can do is make it easier or harder for the private sector to do so.

Rate of pay is created by the employer and employee. If the employer is not paying enough, then the employer will suffer not having enough workers. If the employee is not making enough, it's up to the employee to make themselves worth more money to an employer.
It's not the governments job to help corporations either.......but we do it

We sold out to supply side economics with a promise of a rising economic tide and trickle down prosperity. It never delivered
It is time to start rewarding income derived from labor over income derived from investment.

The entier country runs on investments. How does one reward income from labor anyhow?

Supply side worked and worked for many years afterwards.

Labor creates wealth. Investments move that wealth around

Supply side was a disaster........destroyed the middle class

No, unions and Democrats destroyed the middle-class. They are still doing it today. All those foreigners that are willing to work for a third less than Americans is utopia for a Democrat.
"unions and Democrats "
Hey, funny how you ignored this the first time:
original.jpg

It's not the federal governments job to help workers. Governments job is to govern.

Government doesn't create jobs, the private sector creates jobs. All government can do is make it easier or harder for the private sector to do so.

Rate of pay is created by the employer and employee. If the employer is not paying enough, then the employer will suffer not having enough workers. If the employee is not making enough, it's up to the employee to make themselves worth more money to an employer.

We sold out to supply side economics with a promise of a rising economic tide and trickle down prosperity. It never delivered
It is time to start rewarding income derived from labor over income derived from investment.

The entier country runs on investments. How does one reward income from labor anyhow?

No, unions and Democrats destroyed the middle-class. They are still doing it today. All those foreigners that are willing to work for a third less than Americans is utopia for a Democrat.

You are partially correct....the demise of unions destroyed the middle class

It is the Republicans who abandoned our cities and sent jobs overseas

Really? You mean only Republicans own businesses? Would you like me to dig out articles on Steve Jobs or Bill Gates? They had plenty of jobs they sent overseas.

"unions and Democrats "
original.jpg

I seen it. I don't know what your point is though.

"unions and Democrats "
original.jpg

Middle class incomes decline hand in hand with union membership going down. Sorry bud.

"unions and Democrats "
original.jpg

Middle class incomes decline hand in hand with union membership going down. Sorry bud.

I never denied that. Union workers were overpaid for many years. That's one of the reasons jobs left the country.

"unions and Democrats "
original.jpg

I never denied that. Union workers were overpaid for many years. That's one of the reasons jobs left the country.
LOL. I knew it, this is right in line with your belief that the 40 hour work week is an entitlement. Hey buddy, care to explain why other countries with strong union participation are doing just fine for their middle class? Your solution is to cut back everyone's pay, have workers work 50 hours a week, take away all benefits.. No, fuck off.

"unions and Democrats "
original.jpg
Try this one:
dxfWK.jpg

"unions and Democrats "
original.jpg
Try this one:
dxfWK.jpg
What the fuck does that prove? Nothing. Because you can't show a single graph that puts union membership being high having a relation to declining middle class incomes. The opposite is also true.

"unions and Democrats "
original.jpg

LOL. I knew it, this is right in line with your belief that the 40 hour work week is an entitlement. Hey buddy, care to explain why other countries with strong union participation are doing just fine for their middle class? Your solution is to cut back everyone's pay, have workers work 50 hours a week, take away all benefits.. No, fuck off.
Actually other countries are sacrificing their upper class by keeping people in middle class status. In this country many middle class people move up to upper class.

"unions and Democrats "
original.jpg
Try this one:
dxfWK.jpg
What the fuck does that prove? Nothing. Because you can't show a single graph that puts union membership being high having a relation to declining middle class incomes. The opposite is also true.
It shows that highway fatalities drop as we import more fresh lemons from Mexico. If we stop importing Mexican lemons we'll literally be murdering people!

"unions and Democrats "
original.jpg

Actually other countries are sacrificing their upper class by keeping people in middle class status. In this country many middle class people move up to upper class.
LOL. The insane delusions of the right wing are something to laugh at.. You mean countries with progressive taxation where people still move up? Do you even know what are upward mobility is???
Is it easier to obtain the American Dream in Europe?

LOL. The insane delusions of the right wing are something to laugh at.. You mean countries with progressive taxation where people still move up? Do you even know what are upward mobility is???
You understand your article doesnt refute what I wrote, right?

"unions and Democrats "
original.jpg
Try this one:
dxfWK.jpg
It shows that highway fatalities drop as we import more fresh lemons from Mexico. If we stop importing Mexican lemons we'll literally be murdering people!
You are trying to, sadly and hilariously, attempt to say declining union membership doesn't contribute to declining middle class wages. Sorry bud, even your fellow con ray disagrees.

Oh, but it does, you see, other countries aren't "sacrificing" the rich, they have a thriving and healthy middle class, like you admitted, with upward mobility. You know what's funny? The people in those countries are happy with progressive taxation, sorry that the rich aren't as worshiped there.

"unions and Democrats "
original.jpg
Try this one:
dxfWK.jpg
You are trying to, sadly and hilariously, attempt to say declining union membership doesn't contribute to declining middle class wages. Sorry bud, even your fellow con ray disagrees.
You havent shown any connection whatsoever. It is as valid as the Mexican lemon hypothesis.

Oh, but it does, you see, other countries aren't "sacrificing" the rich, they have a thriving and healthy middle class, like you admitted, with upward mobility. You know what's funny? The people in those countries are happy with progressive taxation, sorry that the rich aren't as worshiped there.
You dont gte this.
In this country many middle class people disappear from the middle class because they've moved up into high income status.
In Europe that doesnt happen. Progressive taxation makes certain no one becomes wealthy.

"unions and Democrats "
original.jpg
Try this one:
dxfWK.jpg
You havent shown any connection whatsoever. It is as valid as the Mexican lemon hypothesis.
No connection??
One Totally Overlooked Middle Class Problem

"unions and Democrats "
original.jpg

Union workers maintained the same wages adjusted for inflation as they had in the 50s and 60s
Executive pay scales skyrocketed

You dont gte this.
In this country many middle class people disappear from the middle class because they've moved up into high income status.
In Europe that doesnt happen. Progressive taxation makes certain no one becomes wealthy.
This just in: Europe has no wealthy people at all! LOL. Get out of here. :booze:

As slaves? You mean getting paid what they are worth?

Businesses have to calculate what's best for the company. $20.00 a day for labor would not be a consideration if we were talking labor alone, but we're not. We're talking about all of the expenses businesses have to shoulder vs that $20.00 a day labor. Let's look at some of them:

Employers pay: matching Social Security contributions of an employee, matching Medicare contributions of an employee, workman's compensation insurance, unemployment insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation days, healthcare insurance, time-and-a-half for overtime pay, state taxes, federal taxes, city taxes, county taxes, and now some want to burden businesses with maternity leave?

Would they have these costs if they moved operations to another country?
Your claims of corporate poverty are not phasing me
We have seen what happens when we make it easier for them.....they just pocket the excess profit and hike executive pay
Our corporations are doing just fine. The difference is they no longer see the need to reward their employees. Government stepped in under Reagan and passed legislation to help the supply side. It is time for Government to pass legislation that helps the workers

how exactly do we help corporations? By taxing them at the highest rate in the entire world?
Telling the same lie over and over again does not make it true

No lie here, the US does have the highest corporate tax rate in the world.

Forum List

Back