If Republicans Cared About Families, They’d Stop Blocking Paid Leave

Your claims of corporate poverty are not phasing me
We have seen what happens when we make it easier for them.....they just pocket the excess profit and hike executive pay
Our corporations are doing just fine. The difference is they no longer see the need to reward their employees. Government stepped in under Reagan and passed legislation to help the supply side. It is time for Government to pass legislation that helps the workers

It's not the federal governments job to help workers. Governments job is to govern.

Government doesn't create jobs, the private sector creates jobs. All government can do is make it easier or harder for the private sector to do so.

Rate of pay is created by the employer and employee. If the employer is not paying enough, then the employer will suffer not having enough workers. If the employee is not making enough, it's up to the employee to make themselves worth more money to an employer.
It's not the governments job to help corporations either.......but we do it

We sold out to supply side economics with a promise of a rising economic tide and trickle down prosperity. It never delivered
It is time to start rewarding income derived from labor over income derived from investment.

how exactly do we help corporations? By taxing them at the highest rate in the entire world?
Telling the same lie over and over again does not make it true

No lie here, the US does have the highest corporate tax rate in the world.
Expert debunks claim U.S. corporate taxes are too high

Try this one:
dxfWK.jpg
What the fuck does that prove? Nothing. Because you can't show a single graph that puts union membership being high having a relation to declining middle class incomes. The opposite is also true.
It shows that highway fatalities drop as we import more fresh lemons from Mexico. If we stop importing Mexican lemons we'll literally be murdering people!
You are trying to, sadly and hilariously, attempt to say declining union membership doesn't contribute to declining middle class wages. Sorry bud, even your fellow con ray disagrees.
You havent shown any connection whatsoever. It is as valid as the Mexican lemon hypothesis.
No connection??
One Totally Overlooked Middle Class Problem
You understand posting the same thng isnt an argument, right?
We need more Mexican lemons in this country to reduce highway fatalities. Its for the children!

As slaves? You mean getting paid what they are worth?

Businesses have to calculate what's best for the company. $20.00 a day for labor would not be a consideration if we were talking labor alone, but we're not. We're talking about all of the expenses businesses have to shoulder vs that $20.00 a day labor. Let's look at some of them:

Employers pay: matching Social Security contributions of an employee, matching Medicare contributions of an employee, workman's compensation insurance, unemployment insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation days, healthcare insurance, time-and-a-half for overtime pay, state taxes, federal taxes, city taxes, county taxes, and now some want to burden businesses with maternity leave?

Would they have these costs if they moved operations to another country?
We have seen what happens when we make it easier for them.....they just pocket the excess profit and hike executive pay
Our corporations are doing just fine. The difference is they no longer see the need to reward their employees. Government stepped in under Reagan and passed legislation to help the supply side. It is time for Government to pass legislation that helps the workers

It's not the federal governments job to help workers. Governments job is to govern.

Government doesn't create jobs, the private sector creates jobs. All government can do is make it easier or harder for the private sector to do so.

Rate of pay is created by the employer and employee. If the employer is not paying enough, then the employer will suffer not having enough workers. If the employee is not making enough, it's up to the employee to make themselves worth more money to an employer.

We sold out to supply side economics with a promise of a rising economic tide and trickle down prosperity. It never delivered
It is time to start rewarding income derived from labor over income derived from investment.

Trump agrees with your second point, he wants to raise taxes on hedge fund millionaires. He also wants to lower taxes on the middle class.

Do you have a Trump bumper sticker yet?
I missed the part where Trump wants to raise taxes on Real Estate Tycoons

he has proposed a 100% tax on stupid internet posters who do nothing but repeat dem and lib talking points over and over and over and over.

We know what you are, Jake. Oh my mistake, you are using your RW user name right now.

Actually other countries are sacrificing their upper class by keeping people in middle class status. In this country many middle class people move up to upper class.
LOL. The insane delusions of the right wing are something to laugh at.. You mean countries with progressive taxation where people still move up? Do you even know what are upward mobility is???
Is it easier to obtain the American Dream in Europe?
You understand your article doesnt refute what I wrote, right?
Oh, but it does, you see, other countries aren't "sacrificing" the rich, they have a thriving and healthy middle class, like you admitted, with upward mobility. You know what's funny? The people in those countries are happy with progressive taxation, sorry that the rich aren't as worshiped there.
You dont gte this.
In this country many middle class people disappear from the middle class because they've moved up into high income status.
In Europe that doesnt happen. Progressive taxation makes certain no one becomes wealthy.
This just in: Europe has no wealthy people at all! LOL. Get out of here. :booze:
Your surrender on this topic is noted and accepted.

"unions and Democrats "
Hey, funny how you ignored this the first time:
original.jpg

I seen it. I don't know what your point is though.
Middle class incomes decline hand in hand with union membership going down. Sorry bud.

I never denied that. Union workers were overpaid for many years. That's one of the reasons jobs left the country.
LOL. I knew it, this is right in line with your belief that the 40 hour work week is an entitlement. Hey buddy, care to explain why other countries with strong union participation are doing just fine for their middle class? Your solution is to cut back everyone's pay, have workers work 50 hours a week, take away all benefits.. No, fuck off.
Actually other countries are sacrificing their upper class by keeping people in middle class status. In this country many middle class people move up to upper class.
That's an interesting theory

You wouldn't have any data to support it would you?

how exactly do we help corporations? By taxing them at the highest rate in the entire world?

Yes when I want an opinion on corporate taxation I ask a law professor.
Dunce.

Why do you require even more govern"mental" :cuckoo: intervention.
Private industry is free to offer paid maternity leave anytime they feel like it. Some companies have already started the ball rolling.

Four words constantly need repeating for you thick-skulled dembulbs:

LET THE MARKET DECIDE

FUCK THE MARKET!

The "Market' is an economic paradigm that is created by the dominant military power...i.e. the U.S. Government. The 'free Market' is a fallacy whereby the government creates a market for the benefit of the best thieves. One of the basic responsibilities of the U.S. government is to provide for the general welfare of the people. Letting the 'Market' determine everything would result in the reinstitution of slavery.

Trump agrees with your second point, he wants to raise taxes on hedge fund millionaires. He also wants to lower taxes on the middle class.

he has proposed a 100% tax on stupid internet posters who do nothing but repeat dem and lib talking points over and over and over and over.

We know what you are, Jake. Oh my mistake, you are using your RW user name right now.

I find it curious on how Trump wants to raise taxes on "other" rich people

the opening line of your cite: The 35 percent statutory U.S. corporate tax rate is the highest in the world.

thats all I said, if you want to talk about exemptions and deductions that is another topic, and one that you should take up with you dem friends since those were put in the tax code by the dems who have controlled congress for most of the last 80 years.

Only hedge fund managers it seems...

Middle class incomes decline hand in hand with union membership going down. Sorry bud.

I never denied that. Union workers were overpaid for many years. That's one of the reasons jobs left the country.
LOL. I knew it, this is right in line with your belief that the 40 hour work week is an entitlement. Hey buddy, care to explain why other countries with strong union participation are doing just fine for their middle class? Your solution is to cut back everyone's pay, have workers work 50 hours a week, take away all benefits.. No, fuck off.

Check my sig line. I'm tired of spoon feeding you knowledge.

the opening line of your cite: The 35 percent statutory U.S. corporate tax rate is the highest in the world.

thats all I said, if you want to talk about exemptions and deductions that is another topic, and one that you should take up with you dem friends since those were put in the tax code by the dems who have controlled congress for most of the last 80 years.
Ah, so you admit it's not really 35%.

Why do you require even more govern"mental" :cuckoo: intervention.
Private industry is free to offer paid maternity leave anytime they feel like it. Some companies have already started the ball rolling.

Four words constantly need repeating for you thick-skulled dembulbs:

LET THE MARKET DECIDE

FUCK THE MARKET!

The "Market' is an economic paradigm that is created by the dominant military power...i.e. the U.S. Government. The 'free Market' is a fallacy whereby the government creates a market for the benefit of the best thieves. One of the basic responsibilities of the U.S. government is to provide for the general welfare of the people. Letting the 'Market' determine everything would result in the reinstitution of slavery.

bullshit, are you 12 years old?

Check my sig line. I'm tired of spoon feeding you knowledge.
The Richest People In Europe
With 468 billionaires, Europe claims 28% of the world’s ten-figure fortunes adding up to an aggregate net worth of $1.95 trillion. Russia leads the count with 111 billionaires – the same number as the state of California – while Germany has the second-highest, boasting 85 ten-digit fortune.

Unless you can prove that he violated the US tax code, then your comment is worth about as much as a sack of toad shit.

Republican "family values" don't exist, unless it involves protecting zygotes.
If Republicans Cared About Families, They’d Stop Blocking Paid Leave
Several participants at the Republican debate last week spoke fervently about putting Rosa Parks’ image on the $10 bill. They also spoke fervently in support of a decision by Congress to defund Planned Parenthood—an organization that counted Rosa Parks among the members of its national board.

The contradiction would have been obvious and painful to Ms. Parks. Like many of us, she’d have been bewildered by the priorities of candidates who have held vote after vote on shutting down vital health services for women, but won’t even schedule a hearing on the FAMILY Act, a bill to provide affordable family and medical leave. It’s impossible to care about families and leave communities bereft of services for contraception, mammograms and other cancer screenings, and dozens more critical health services for women. It’s also impossible to call yourself “pro-life” and oppose a badly-needed, common sense program to make family and medical leave affordable to care for a new child or a seriously ill family member.

In 1993, the Family and Medical Leave Act passed Congress with bipartisan support. The FMLA provided up to 12 weeks unpaid leave for care of a new child or a serious personal illness or that of a child, spouse or parent. Republicans as well as Democrats saw that valuing family meant making sure people could care for family members without losing their jobs or health insurance. Many of the state and local campaigns within Family Values @ Work’s national network have leaders from both parties—including the numerous Republicans leading the charge for the Family Care Act in Georgia.

So what’s the problem in the nation’s capital today?

The FMLA is now 22 years old. While it constituted a major breakthrough and established the principle that having a family shouldn’t cost you your job, the leave remains out of reach for millions—some because they’re not covered by its protections (two-fifths of the nation’s workforce), and many who are eligible because they cannot afford to take unpaid leave. According to a study done for the Department of Labor (DOL), nearly one in four employed mothers who are pregnant go back to work within two weeks of giving birth—with disastrous results for maternal and infant health. Others who take the time they need to heal and bond with a child often face financial hardship.

So? If the Republicans were truly anti-abortion and anti-welfare, they would support public child care. The Republicans only support the interests of the super wealthy and couldn't care less about anything else.

Let the Market Decide?

So Child Labour is OK.
Working in unsafe conditions, hey you signed a wavier
Hey if that woman wants to keep her job she better get on her knees, hey it is her free choice.

How about this? I will only hire Muslims, nothing official, just hate those Christians. If I do hire Christians they will be expected to go to prayers(Muslim ones)

I fire women who get pregnant, so if they get in the family way, better find a doctor quick to pull out that fucking parasite...

I mean how stupid are these guys...

I was thinking how stupid are you.

No, unions and Democrats destroyed the middle-class. They are still doing it today. All those foreigners that are willing to work for a third less than Americans is utopia for a Democrat.
"unions and Democrats "
original.jpg

Union workers maintained the same wages adjusted for inflation as they had in the 50s and 60s
Executive pay scales skyrocketed

No, that's not so. I was on this planet during the 60's and 70's, big difference right there. My father was in the bricklayers union, he wasn't making nearly as much in the 60's as the 70's.

But that's besides the fact unions slow down production. I have a lifetime of stories that I could tell. If I went to make a delivery or pickup at a company I've never been to before, I could tell you within five minutes if they were union or not.

Union people were the laziest people in the world. As long as they were moving, they had a job unlike non-union companies where you actually had to produce something. That goes double for the auto industry which again, I've had terrible experiences with.

No, unions and Democrats destroyed the middle-class. They are still doing it today. All those foreigners that are willing to work for a third less than Americans is utopia for a Democrat.
"unions and Democrats "
original.jpg

Union workers maintained the same wages adjusted for inflation as they had in the 50s and 60s

So what? Buy some stock then go to the shareholders meeting and bitch about the CEOs income.

Why do you libs never bitch about the incomes of entertainers and athletes?

"unions and Democrats "
original.jpg

No, that's not so. I was on this planet during the 60's and 70's, big difference right there. My father was in the bricklayers union, he wasn't making nearly as much in the 60's as the 70's.

But that's besides the fact unions slow down production. I have a lifetime of stories that I could tell. If I went to make a delivery or pickup at a company I've never been to before, I could tell you within five minutes if they were union or not.

Union people were the laziest people in the world. As long as they were moving, they had a job unlike non-union companies where you actually had to produce something. That goes double for the auto industry which again, I've had terrible experiences with.
Your "so called" personal experiences have no relevance to the discussion. Anecdotal evidence is NOTHING.

Forum List

Back