If Republicans Cared About Families, They’d Stop Blocking Paid Leave

Seems to me that if Democrats cared about families, they wouldn't have the government usurp the role of the father.
Where did Dems do that?

When they got behind the Women's lib movement. They promoted getting rid of dad, being independent and get out of the house and start a career.
Women's lib opened up job opportunities for all women making them less dependent on welfare

It did increase divorce because women no longer had to live with an abusive husband

Seems to me that if Democrats cared about families, they wouldn't have the government usurp the role of the father.
Where did Dems do that?

When they got behind the Women's lib movement. They promoted getting rid of dad, being independent and get out of the house and start a career.
Women's lib opened up job opportunities for all women making them less dependent on welfare

It did increase divorce because women no longer had to live with an abusive husband

Yes, all those abusive husbands out there.

Oh, and BTW, married women didn't go on welfare. Husbands were their support instead of government. Starting to get it now????

Since when did the American family disintegrate? I have a very happy non-disintegrated family. Pretty much everybody that I work with has the same.

The whole notion of the demise of the American family is B.S. propagated by conservatives.

The only gripe I have against woman's lib is that the number of workers on the market doubled, causing the real market value of each worker to half in a generation. Meanwhile employers expectations for workers education and job skills skyrocketed.

Nowadays, it takes two college educated (and then some) workers to live at the same relative standard of living that required only one a generations ago.

Yet, since worker productivity has increased exponentially, so has wealth production. Employers are reaping the benefits.

It was conservatives who insisted that unemployed fathers could not live with his family receiving welfare
Really? Do tell! I fully expect this is yet another ditsy comment exiting your ass.

The breakdown of our families correlates to the loss of good paying jobs not the welfare taking the place of those jobs
You do realize that families did not break down during periods of high unemployment throughout American history, even in the Great Depression. It was in the 60s when LBJ's Great Society expanded government entitlements that families began to fall apart. Many of today's social ills are squarely on government programs which compensated mothers for lack of fathers in the home.

I'm still waiting for you to show me when and how conservatives insisted that unemployed fathers not live with their families.

That's some pretty bizarre shit, even by the standards of a hack.

Since when did the American family disintegrate? I have a very happy non-disintegrated family. Pretty much everybody that I work with has the same.

The whole notion of the demise of the American family is B.S. propagated by conservatives.

The only gripe I have against woman's lib is that the number of workers on the market doubled, causing the real market value of each worker to half in a generation. Meanwhile employers expectations for workers education and job skills skyrocketed.

Nowadays, it takes two college educated (and then some) workers to live at the same relative standard of living that required only one a generations ago.

Yet, since worker productivity has increased exponentially, so has wealth production. Employers are reaping the benefits.

https://dalrock.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/divorcesper1000marriedwomen1.png

Mandated 6 weeks?

You are looney

You think 6 weeks is alot?
Not enough for a mother to bond with her child.

Conservative mothers do not bond with their children

Kind of explains why they are so callous

Liberal mothers abort their children....
So do conservative mothers

Od course some do... not the point of my comment. My comment was in response to the idiocy that conservative mothers don't bond with their children. Do keep up.

16.4 per 1000 married women now? 22.6 at it's peak in the late 70s? Wow, all that proves is that the disintegration has been a complete fabrication. Thanks for proving my point!

Where did Dems do that?

I suppose you have some sort of proof or other for any of that.

LOL! Of course not. You make up shit every single day here.

It was conservatives who insisted that unemployed fathers could not live with his family receiving welfare
Really? Do tell! I fully expect this is yet another ditsy comment exiting your ass.

The breakdown of our families correlates to the loss of good paying jobs not the welfare taking the place of those jobs
You do realize that families did not break down during periods of high unemployment throughout American history, even in the Great Depression. It was in the 60s when LBJ's Great Society expanded government entitlements that families began to fall apart. Many of today's social ills are squarely on government programs which compensated mothers for lack of fathers in the home.

I'm still waiting for you to show me when and how conservatives insisted that unemployed fathers not live with their families.

That's some pretty bizarre shit, even by the standards of a hack.
Rightwinger inhabits a world only he can see.

16.4 per 1000 married women now? 22.6 at it's peak in the late 70s? Wow, all that proves is that the disintegration has been a complete fabrication. Thanks for proving my point!

Nope, it only proves mine.

Divorce rates dramatically increased throughout the women's lib movement which Democrats stood strongly behind. It wasn't until Reagan took office when the rates started to decrease slightly. We are still on a downtrend of divorce but not nearly to the point we were at before it started.

Divorce rates dramatically increased throughout the women's lib movement which Democrats stood strongly behind. It wasn't until Reagan took office when the rates started to decrease slightly. We are still on a downtrend of divorce but not nearly to the point we were at before it started.
No-Fault divorce allowed people to get out of bad marriages, and there were a lot of them, obviously.

Nope, it only proves mine. ?

Divorce rates dramatically increased throughout the women's lib movement which Democrats stood strongly behind. It wasn't until Reagan took office when the rates started to decrease slightly. We are s Most marry for hot romance and sextill on a downtrend of divorce but not nearly to the point we were at before it started.

1.6% is hardly an epidemic. 2.2% shows that it was never an epidemic.

Why do you feel that divorce is categorically a bad thing? I'm surprised that the rate is so low. The fact is that there will always be a certain number of people who are unhappy in their marriages. It's good that they have an out.

If anything a high divorce rate shows that people should think a whole lot harder before they get married. Most marry for hot romance and sex...and 'cause the girls always dream of their wedding day. Then their supposedly stuck together for life. That sucks!

No-Fault divorce allowed people to get out of bad marriages, and there were a lot of them, obviously.

Of course, that must have been it. Democrats had nothing to do with it. :dunno:

Democrats are to blame for women not wanting to stay in bad marriages? Did we offer them a free car if they left? Two nights free in Vegas?

Divorce rates dramatically increased throughout the women's lib movement which Democrats stood strongly behind. It wasn't until Reagan took office when the rates started to decrease slightly. We are s Most marry for hot romance and sextill on a downtrend of divorce but not nearly to the point we were at before it started.

Why do you feel that divorce is categorically a bad thing? I'm surprised that the rate is so low. The fact is that there will always be a certain number of people who are unhappy in their marriages. It's good that they have an out.

If anything a high divorce rate shows that people should think a whole lot harder before they get married. Most marry for hot romance and sex...and 'cause the girls always dream of their wedding day. Then their supposedly stuck together for life. That sucks!

Nevertheless it was the liberal movement that caused such high divorce rates. It also led to out of wedlock births which is still on the rise:

http://www.heritage.org/~/media/images/reports/2010/b2465/b2465_chart3.ashx?w=500&h=640&as=1

Democrats are to blame for women not wanting to stay in bad marriages? Did we offer them a free car if they left? Two nights free in Vegas?

Not yet, but I wouldn't put it past ya.

Once again, a 1.6% divorce rate is not an epidemic. The idea of the disintegrating American family is nothing more than a myth promoted by conservatives.

When the divorce rate hits 15%, then tell me about it.

Nevertheless it was the liberal movement that caused such high divorce rates. It also led to out of wedlock births which is still on the rise:

http://www.heritage.org/~/media/images/reports/2010/b2465/b2465_chart3.ashx?w=500&h=640&as=1

High rates of children born out of wed lock are the product of choices made by people. Especially women.

Given freedom, that's what they choose.

A very big part of freedom is the freedom to do things that may be considered dumb. In a totalitarian state people are forced to live by the dictates of the government...often times in their best interests...is that what you want?

Forum List

Back