If State Legislators/Governor Won't Enact Rent Control, Vote Them Out

This has nothing to do with bad choices, Stop deflecting. Landlords are MUGGING US with ridiculously high rents. I just got a $96 month increase.

The people in my building with 2 bedroom apartments, got a $200/mo increase. That's like going out in the street and being mugged for $200 once, every month. Why worry about street crime when this is happening ? :doubt:
No one forces you to live there. If you don't like the rent GET OUT!

Florida's property taxes are through the roof. Do you think landlords should lose money every month? That's not conservative.
I was paying $600/mo for a one bedroom 2.5 years ago. that apartment is now $1400/mo

A friend was paying $750/mo for a 1 bedrm. He moved out. That apt is now $2000/mo

Oh yeah the landlords are really losing money. :right: are feeling all right ? If anybody is NOT losing money, it's landlords.
OMG your hair.
Still dark

You are a lot of things, but a conservative is not one of those things.

You want the gov't to control the rent for you. You have argued in favor of the gov't taking over MLB. And argued for such things as police using deadly force against speeders. You are a cradle-to-grave liberal.
You shouldn't do posts about what you are obviously ignorant about.

Last edited:
We've been through this topic before. However, that wasn't when I received a $96/month rent increase. For seniors, retired and barely surviving on Social Security and a pension, rent increases like $96/month (I just received one), are devastating & demoralizing.

Here we are looking for ways to increase our income, cut our costs, and along comes the dear landlord with a $96/month takeaway (less than a month advance notice).

This is like going put on the street and being mugged for $96, once a month, every month, ongoing.

People, stop crabbing about gas prices. Stop crabbing about food prices, clothing, cell phones. Those are all trivial compared to your MOST EXPENSIVE, CONSTANTLY ONGOING EXPENSE, which is HOUSING. Gas, food, et al stuff isn't going up $96/month.

You get a letter stuck in your door whining about "operational costs", and just like that, your annual operational budget is $1,152 less. Of course this letter doesn't specify what these so-called "operational costs" are, nor offer any proof that they even exist. For all we know this rent increase might be nothing more than somebody (who we never see, don't know their name) wanting more money to buy something like this >>
View attachment 928464
There is only one way to top this madness. Republicans & Democrats need to join together and enact rent control (with roll backs to 2015 levels). Over the last few years, I have seen housing rents skyrocket like nothing before in my lifetime. I moved twice to void massive rent increases, but they keep on coming, with nothing stopping them.

I recommend we call "our" state legislators & governors, and demand rent control laws, with no increases above $50/month allowed. If business owners cannot handle the costs associated with running their business, then stay out of that business. Don't be dumping costs on to the customers, especially for a commodity that people HAVE TO HAVE.
The thing is, it's local governments and insurance driving up the cost of housing unnecessarily.

FUCK you, landlord ass kisser. Fucken landlords are lucky that all us business owners don't get together and kick their damn asses.
Once one becomes a landlord, the local government makes 2-3X as much money on their property as they do.

A little story.

Someone I know had a house, a little house, 850 sq ft.

They owned it, their taxes were $1170/year.

They got a much better job, but it was 100 miles away, so they decided to move close to the job and rent the house out.

The taxes jumped from $1170 to over $8000 dolars.

That's pure government greed. I could see double taxes on rental property, but not multiples higher like that. It's wrong.

In the end, it wasn't worth it to keep the property as a rental.

The government was making all the money, and what was left over didn't even cover maintenance.

Last edited:
The thing is, it's local governments and insurance driving up the cost of housing unnecessarily.
Plus Biden's illegal alien airlift suddenly putting thousands of illegals into US cities, and saturating the rental housing market. Another way that Biden has caused massive inflation.

You shouldn't do posts about what you are obviously ignorant about.

I know Michael Savage pretty well. He's rude, obnoxious and pushy with bad teeth.

I was paying $600/mo for a one bedroom 2.5 years ago. that apartment is now $1400/mo

A friend was paying $750/mo for a 1 bedrm. He moved out. That apt is now $2000/mo

Oh yeah the landlords are really losing money. :right: are feeling all right ? If anybody is NOT losing money, it's landlords.

Still dark

The property belongs to the landlord. The point of a rental place is to make money.

Plus Biden's illegal alien airlift suddenly putting thousands of illegals into US cities, and saturating the rental housing market. Another way that Biden has caused massive inflation.

You have been complaining about rent and wanting the gov't to control it since before Biden was in office.

Again, I made no claim about what the owner needs . Also again (and I'll say this 100 times if necessary) >> " If business owners cannot handle the costs associated with running their business, then stay out of that business. Don't be dumping costs on to the customers, especially for a commodity that people HAVE TO HAVE.

Their damn building or not, they are dealing with something people need to survive. That requires more respect/attention than just someone looking to make a buck. If a landlord wants a business free from social responsibilities/ramifications, let him sell marshmallows.
perhaps you should cancel your internet service to make up the difference?

Hes asking for a govt fix when its govt that caused this shit.

Kinda like getting the arsonist who burned down your home to rebuild it.

Insurance has gone up in extremes on everything, as has the price of everyday goods. It hits the owners just like the renters.

Only a crash will reset it and that is exactly where they are taking us.

Again, I made no claim about what the owner needs . Also again (and I'll say this 100 times if necessary) >> " If business owners cannot handle the costs associated with running their business, then stay out of that business. Don't be dumping costs on to the customers, especially for a commodity that people HAVE TO HAVE.

Their damn building or not, they are dealing with something people need to survive. That requires more respect/attention than just someone looking to make a buck. If a landlord wants a business free from social responsibilities/ramifications, let him sell marshmallows.

You should read what you wrote here.

You are in the Tampa area, according to your business website.

When I worked there I found plenty of more affordable housing west of Tampa, like out I-4 towards Dover & Plant City.

I know Michael Savage pretty well. He's rude, obnoxious and pushy with bad teeth.
But he's intelligent, honest, and has an uncanny ability to see through Democrat schemes and scams. Writes good books.

perhaps you should cancel your internet service to make up the difference?
Why should I, or anyone else, have to do that ? So landlords can feast on renters' last few dollars in their budgets ? Not hardly. :rolleyes:

Hes asking for a govt fix when its govt that caused this shit.

Kinda like getting the arsonist who burned down your home to rebuild it.

Insurance has gone up in extremes on everything, as has the price of everyday goods. It hits the owners just like the renters.

Only a crash will reset it and that is exactly where they are taking us.
Not "government" that caused it. Joe Biden caused it.

Forum List

Back