If The Economy Is So Great Why Can't Most People Miss One Paycheck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sob stories and appeals to blind emotion aside, what does this have to do with anything?

"Took a good job to support their families." And? How is that different from anyone else? Most of us take the best job we can to take care of our families. So what? That doesn't negate the fact of adult life that every job has its downside, and you have to plan to work around it.

Stop trying to create abused-victim stories on every subject to get your way because you can't create a coherent argument in favor of what you want.

Wow...just wow.

Trumpers are truly heartless POS's

You know, it would really help to know how much people are making as government workers, because then you would understand why so many of them are living paycheck to paycheck.

Starting pay as a GS1, step 1 is only 18,785 per year. If you are a GS5, step 8 (which is a government worker who has been around for a while and managed to make rank), you make around 36,665 per year.

General Schedule (GS) Base Pay Scale for 2019

You know, middle class income is generally considered to be 40,000 to 75,000/year. The government workers are making less than the middle class.

Quick question for you people who are asking why they are going to food banks................can you support your family and house on that?
And if you COULD...what would losing a month's pay do to you?

What's telling is that the Democrats are now proposing that Trump be given 5 billion dollars for "border security" but with the provision that ZERO of that money be used for any type of barrier! So it's obviously not the cost of a wall that's bothering Democrats...what they want to make absolutely sure of...is that as few people as possible are stopped from coming into the country.

In truth, I think what a lot of the Democrats really want is just to make sure that Trump doesn't get whatever it is he wants.

POST OF THE DAY!

Of course that is all that matters to them, just like all that matters to Trump is getting what he wants.

Not unlike the Repubs back when this was said...“The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”

Oh, lovely. What-aboutism. Always helpful.

Couple of differences, though. First, Congressional Republicans may not have wanted Obama to get a second term, but they were always more willing to negotiate a deal than Pelosi and the Democrats now are. Second, Trump is standing firm on wanting a wall, but he's not standing firm on "opposing Democrats on everything no matter what they say, just to oppose them". I would be different if Pelosi & Co. were balking about some core policy principle of theirs, but their primary - maybe only - policy at the moment seems to be anti-Trumpism.

These
The one good thing that the trump shutdown has revealed is the amount of people and families who are living on the edge. People who have children to care for. Oh! The FAMILY!

Just where are these "traditional" types? Are they feeding and paying the rents/mortgages of these "hero" parents? Wilbur Ross, who eats every day, doesn't even understand why families are turning to food banks.The anti-abortion types want everyone to take a fertilized egg and add another mouth to feed.
Now we see couples who have made good decisions regarding their creation of families, but they can't get on. What happens to the "traditional" family--two parents, two kids?

If you took a job with the government and had no idea this happens now and then, it’s you own fault and nobody else.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
these people took a good job to support their famillies. What job do you doe. Are you married? How many children? Besides aiming a gun toward your viewer, are you a mechanic? A farmer? A plumber? A truck driver? What are you?

Sob stories and appeals to blind emotion aside, what does this have to do with anything?

"Took a good job to support their families." And? How is that different from anyone else? Most of us take the best job we can to take care of our families. So what? That doesn't negate the fact of adult life that every job has its downside, and you have to plan to work around it.

Stop trying to create abused-victim stories on every subject to get your way because you can't create a coherent argument in favor of what you want.
Yes. People get jobs to support their families.They are supposed to get paid for doing work.

But you are a freak. We know this. Little "Christian mama." Go read your bible, you stupid POS.

They take after t

Wow...just wow.

Trumpers are truly heartless POS's
they take after their master

These
The one good thing that the trump shutdown has revealed is the amount of people and families who are living on the edge. People who have children to care for. Oh! The FAMILY!

Just where are these "traditional" types? Are they feeding and paying the rents/mortgages of these "hero" parents? Wilbur Ross, who eats every day, doesn't even understand why families are turning to food banks.The anti-abortion types want everyone to take a fertilized egg and add another mouth to feed.
Now we see couples who have made good decisions regarding their creation of families, but they can't get on. What happens to the "traditional" family--two parents, two kids?

If you took a job with the government and had no idea this happens now and then, it’s you own fault and nobody else.

these people took a good job to support their famillies. What job do you doe. Are you married? How many children? Besides aiming a gun toward your viewer, are you a mechanic? A farmer? A plumber? A truck driver? What are you?

Yes. People get jobs to support their families.They are supposed to get paid for doing work.

But you are a freak. We know this. Little "Christian mama." Go read your bible, you stupid POS.

Does it bother you at all that you calling me "Christian" as though it's an insult just makes me that much more convinced that my beliefs are correct, and everything about you is as pathetic as it is possible to be?

Run along and hump someone else's leg now, little bigot. I already have pets that are both cuter and smarter than you.

, Congressional Republicans may not have wanted Obama to get a second term, but they were always more willing to negotiate a deal than Pelosi and the Democrats now are.

Did we just enter the Upside Down??

These

Does it bother you at all that you calling me "Christian" as though it's an insult just makes me that much more convinced that my beliefs are correct, and everything about you is as pathetic as it is possible to be?

Run along and hump someone else's leg now, little bigot. I already have pets that are both cuter and smarter than you.

I take issue with those that call themselves "Christian" but seem to have no idea what the teachings of Christ actually were.

So very "Christian"...

They can get loans and temp jobs. And if they aren't working they don't need to pay for daycare. I stand with Wilber Ross and Donald T. "fuckem" Trump.

These

Do you have a trumpy bear too?

What's telling is that the Democrats are now proposing that Trump be given 5 billion dollars for "border security" but with the provision that ZERO of that money be used for any type of barrier! So it's obviously not the cost of a wall that's bothering Democrats...what they want to make absolutely sure of...is that as few people as possible are stopped from coming into the country.

In truth, I think what a lot of the Democrats really want is just to make sure that Trump doesn't get whatever it is he wants.

POST OF THE DAY!

Of course that is all that matters to them, just like all that matters to Trump is getting what he wants.

Not unlike the Repubs back when this was said...“The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”

Oh, lovely. What-aboutism. Always helpful.

Couple of differences, though. First, Congressional Republicans may not have wanted Obama to get a second term, but they were always more willing to negotiate a deal than Pelosi and the Democrats now are. Second, Trump is standing firm on wanting a wall, but he's not standing firm on "opposing Democrats on everything no matter what they say, just to oppose them". I would be different if Pelosi & Co. were balking about some core policy principle of theirs, but their primary - maybe only - policy at the moment seems to be anti-Trumpism.

geeze, agree with a person and they still attack you.

It is a game both sides play and a game that the sheep from both sides give their leaders a pass on...that is why it will never change.

your willingness to excuse any action by the GOP while condemning every action by the Dems just makes you part of the problem.

both side are equally guilty of it...but you will never see that as long as you keep living in the GOP sheep pen

These

If you must know, I'm a truck driver and a landlord. I don't know how that's relevant to the subject. No, I've never been married or had any children. I didn't want the expense. I don't like getting involved in things I can't easily back out of. I think ahead in life and others should as well. When others find themselves in a terrible position because they didn't want to think ahead, I have no sympathy because anybody could have done what I did.

I enjoy watching Strickly Kosher
These

Run along, you cheap little shit. Don't you have a husband who commands your to spread your legs? You cheap girls are all alike. Just junky prostitutes.

Liver lobes, two kidneys .... this is a time for them to become creative with finances.

They can get loans and temp jobs. And if they aren't working they don't need to pay for daycare. I stand with Wilber Ross and Donald T. "fuckem" Trump.

Most are still working just not getting paid. So they have all the expenses and zero of the income.

You and Ross are both morons

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Most are still working just not getting paid. So they have all the expenses and zero of the income.

You and Ross are both morons

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Well then surely they have furniture from their families they don't need. They can band together and have YUUUUGE garage sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back