If the Holy Spirit is removed, did God lie if He doesn't rapture us?

John is just establishing that flesh is a metaphor for words, a body of teaching, that Jesus received from God like manna from heaven and gave for the life of the world. Hence eat my flesh,

It is not about God becoming a man. It is about teaching from God coming into the world like a light through a man, Jesus.

and it does not say that the WORD WAS GOD. It says logos was theos, not ho Theos.

In the greek Ho Theos is God. theos without the definite atricle ho before it means like God or godlike.

The word/reason , logos, was with Ho Theos, GOD, and the word/reason was theos, like God; reflective of God.

Nope. You're wrong about that. Let's see what the Bible says about "The Son":

Isaiah 9:6, "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

Matthew 1:23, "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us."

Isaiah 7:14, "Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel."

The "kicker":

Colossians 1:13-17, "Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist."

Christ is eternal. It's always best to let the Bible interpret the Bible. Don't let our petty ideas and opinions get in the way.

The passages you quoted from Isaiah are not about Jesus. and even if it was, virgin is a mistranslation and being called mighty God is not the same thing as being God.

One would have to dismiss the entire OT to profess a belief that God could become a human being.

There never was and never will be a human being who was God or became God either before during or after their human existence.

You may hold this belief but it isn't what Jesus believed about himself. If he did he was insane. That's the way the cookie crumbles

Go and tell my brothers that I am ascending to my Father and your Father, my God and your God. John 20;17

By saying that his God is our God Jesus effectively eliminated any possibility that he claimed to be God or thought of himself as God.

The Isaiah passages are Prophecies of the coming Messiah, Jesus Christ. No other "child" is called "the mighty God." Jesus Christ is 100% man as pertaining to the flesh and 100% God as pertaining to the Spirit. God literally took on the flesh so that He could experience the power of the flesh and to conquer sin. Having conquered sin He could present Himself a perfect sacrifice for mankind and the sins of the world.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Isaiah 9:6, "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

Matthew 1:23, "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us."

Isaiah 7:14, "Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel."

The "kicker":

Colossians 1:13-17, "Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist."

Christ is eternal. It's always best to let the Bible interpret the Bible. Don't let our petty ideas and opinions get in the way.

The passages you quoted from Isaiah are not about Jesus. and even if it was, virgin is a mistranslation and being called mighty God is not the same thing as being God.

One would have to dismiss the entire OT to profess a belief that God could become a human being.

There never was and never will be a human being who was God or became God either before during or after their human existence.

You may hold this belief but it isn't what Jesus believed about himself. If he did he was insane. That's the way the cookie crumbles

Go and tell my brothers that I am ascending to my Father and your Father, my God and your God. John 20;17

By saying that his God is our God Jesus effectively eliminated any possibility that he claimed to be God or thought of himself as God.

The Isaiah passages are Prophecies of the coming Messiah, Jesus Christ. No other "child" is called "the mighty God." Jesus Christ is 100% man as pertaining to the flesh and 100% God as pertaining to the Spirit. God literally took on the flesh so that He could experience the power of the flesh and to conquer sin. Having conquered sin He could present Himself a perfect sacrifice for mankind and the sins of the world.

I have already tried to witness to Hobelim:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/322160-free-e-book-on-the-trinity.html

The "kicker":

No, you are mistaken. The prophecy does not end there.

"For before the boy will know enough to refuse evil and choose good, the land whose two kings you dread will be forsaken."

The mentioned prophecy is about the future king Hezekiah.

The two kings that Ahaz was afraid of that Isaiah said would be destroyed before the child was grown was already fulfilled about 700 years before Jesus was born.

aside from all of that, One God who has no equal precludes the existence of three coequal gods that became a man.

By worshiping Jesus as a god you have entered into extremely unnatural relations with another man.

you are perverse.

That's why you can't accept that 1+1+1=3

"For before the boy will know enough to refuse evil and choose good, the land whose two kings you dread will be forsaken."

The two kings that Ahaz was afraid of that Isaiah said would be destroyed before the child was grown was already fulfilled about 700 years before Jesus was born.

aside from all of that, One God who has no equal precludes the existence of three coequal gods that became a man.

By worshiping Jesus as a god you have entered into extremely unnatural relations with another man.

you are perverse.

24. And the Lord (YHVH) caused to rain down upon Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire, from the Lord (YHVH), from heaven.

Genesis - Chapter 19 (Parshah Vayeira) - Tanakh Online - Torah - Bible

The Bible shows at least two.

by worshiping jesus as a god you have entered into extremely unnatural relations with another man.

You are perverse.

1 x 1 x 1 = 1

exactly.

I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob is not about the appearance of three coequal gods it was the appearance of the same exact God three times.

According to your own belief the Father is not the son and the son is not the holy spirit but the father is God the son is God and the holy spirit is God which is three distinct beings not the same being three times.

Three coequal beings in one God , (one of them human), does not add up to One God who is incorporeal and without visible shape or material form and has no equal.

That's the way the cookie crumbles.

How is it that you don't know the right course to take?

Oh, That's right, you don't give a shit. You have books, certificates, and diplomas and are licensed by the state to deceive...

by worshiping jesus as a god you have entered into extremely unnatural relations with another man.

You are perverse.

1 x 1 x 1 = 1

exactly.

I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob is not about the appearance of three coequal gods it was the appearance of the same exact God three times.

According to your own belief the Father is not the son and the son is not the holy spirit but the father is God the son is God and the holy spirit is God which is three distinct beings not the same being three times.

Three coequal beings in one God , (one of them human), does not add up to One God who is incorporeal and without visible shape or material form and has no equal.

Oh, That's right, you don't give a shit. You have books, certificates, and diplomas and are licensed by the state to deceive...

Gen 1:1 ¶ In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

One thing to remember about the Trinity is that God in Genesis 1:1 is 'elohiym and it is PLURAL and not singular so when we think of John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." then we can start to understand the three persons in the one God.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/cgi-bin/c.pl?book=Gen&chapter=1&verse=1&version=KJV#1

Hebrew Lexicon :: H430 (KJV)

Zec 2:10 ¶ Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the LORD.

Zec 2:11 And many nations shall be joined to the LORD in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto thee.

Who is speaking here? How can the Lord send the Lord? The Lord is speaking in Zechariah 2:10 and now in Zech 2:11 it says, "the Lord of hosts hath sent me unto thee." We know there is Father, Son and Holy Spirit but it baffles those Hebrew scholars that aren't Christians.

Genesis 19:24 Then the LORD (YHVH) rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD (YHVH) out of heaven;

Even if I can't prove the Trinity from Genesis 19:24, we could prove at least two persons of the Trinity.

Psalm 110:1 [[A Psalm of David.]] The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Matthew 22:42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, [The Son] of David.

Matthew 22:43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,

Matthew 22:44 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?

Matthew 22:45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?

The question to ask everybody is,"What do you think of Jesus Christ?"

"The Colossian heresy, in its attack upon the absolute deity of our Lord, states that the divine essence of deity is scattered among the angelic emanations from deity, and that our Lord possessed only a part of it. Paul answers, in the words of the A.V.,'For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell' (1:19), and 'For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily' (2:9). The word 'dwelleth' is katoikeo, made up of oikeo, 'to live in a home, to be at home,' and kata, whose root meaning is 'down' and speaks or permanence. The expanded translation reads, '...because in Him [God] was well pleased that all the fullness be permanently at home' (1:19), and '...because in Him there is continuously and permanently at home all the fullness of absolute deity in bodily fashion' (2:9)"
-p. ix, Teacher Emeritus of New Testament Greek, The Moody Bible Institute

"And He himself antedates all things, and all things in Him cohere. And He himself is the Head of His Body, the Church. He is the originator [i.e., the creator], the firstborn out from among the dead, in order that He might become in all things himself the One who is pre-eminent, because in Him [God] was well pleased that all the fullness be permanently at home. And [God was well pleased] through His agency to reconcile all things to himself, having concluded peace through the blood of His Cross, through Him, whether the things upon the earth or the things in the heavens."-The New Testament (An Expanded Translation) by Kenneth S. Wuest, Colossians 1:17-20, p.470

“...because in Him there is continuously and permanently at home all the fullness of absolute deity in bodily fashion.”, Ibid., Colossions 2:9, p. 471

Antedate, 1. to put a date on that is earlier than the actual date. -Webster's New World Dictionary
Pre-Eminent, 1. eminent (dominant) above others - Ibid.

-Dr. Kenneth Weust

1 x 1 x 1 = 1

exactly.

Gen 1:1 ¶ In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

One thing to remember about the Trinity is that God in Genesis 1:1 is 'elohiym and it is PLURAL and not singular so when we think of John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." then we can start to understand the three persons in the one God.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/cgi-bin/c.pl?book=Gen&chapter=1&verse=1&version=KJV#1

Hebrew Lexicon :: H430 (KJV)

Zec 2:10 ¶ Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the LORD.

Zec 2:11 And many nations shall be joined to the LORD in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto thee.

Who is speaking here? How can the Lord send the Lord? The Lord is speaking in Zechariah 2:10 and now in Zech 2:11 it says, "the Lord of hosts hath sent me unto thee." We know there is Father, Son and Holy Spirit but it baffles those Hebrew scholars that aren't Christians.

The messiah spoken of in deuteronomy 18:18, the guy that Jesus claimed to be, clearly states that he would be a man who would learn from God " I will, put my words in his mouth", hence "The Lord said to my Lord" and the title Son of God, a relational metaphor above that of a prophet, a servant, or any other person in the kingdom, who would "convey all of my commands".

The proof that Lord Jesus, Sir Jesus, Mr Jesus Jesus H. Christ, raboni Yeshua, Master Messiah Jesu or whatever you want to call him offered for being this person who spoke for God was by revealing things kept secret since the foundation of the world, things that only God could reveal, things that freed the prisoners from their dungeons, gave sight to the blind, healed the sick, raised the dead, etc.

I will give you hidden treasures, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name. Isaiah 45:3

God did indeed dwell in the midst of the people by his teaching coming into the world through Jesus, a man who did what no other man but the messiah could do.

Last edited:

you are perverse.

Sorry but Hezekiah was not known as "the mighty God." The passage in Matthew is a fulfillment of the prophecy of Isaiah:

Jesus Christ was "God with us."Hezekiah was NOT "God with us." He was a mere mortal man. Comparatively speaking, Hezekiah was a good and faithful king but he had his faults and could never be considered a "God."

you are perverse.

Sorry but Hezekiah was not known as "the mighty God." The passage in Matthew is a fulfillment of the prophecy of Isaiah:

Jesus Christ was "God with us."Hezekiah was NOT "God with us." He was a mere mortal man. Comparatively speaking, Hezekiah was a good and faithful king but he had his faults and could never be considered a "God."

Ugh..

Hezekiah became king of Israel, Jesus did not. The land of the two kings that Ahaz cowered before became a desolation before Hezekiah was old enough to reject evil and choose good, Just like Isaiah said in the prophecy...700 years before Christ was born.

And Jesus was not called Immanuel, the prince of peace, or wonderful counselor either.

The only way that Jesus is even remotely connected to this story is by identifying himself with the serpent that Moses lifted up in the wilderness during the time of testing, the same bronze serpent that had become the object of idolatry that Hezekiah destroyed hundreds of years later.

By comparing himself to the serpent that Hezekiah destroyed Jesus knew that worship invoving his name would degenerate into idolatry.

Being called mighty God is not the same as actually being God.

People called caesar or the pharoahs mighty god. You are involved in the idolatrous worship of a man.

What would Hezekiah do?

you are perverse.

Ugh..

Hezekiah became king of Israel, Jesus did not. The land of the two kings that Ahaz cowered before became a desolation before Hezekiah was old enough to reject evil and choose good, Just like Isaiah said in the prophecy...700 years before Christ was born.

And Jesus was not called Immanuel, the prince of peace, or wonderful counselor either.

The only way that Jesus is even remotely connected to this story is by identifying himself with the serpent that Moses lifted up in the wilderness during the time of testing, the same bronze serpent that had become the object of idolatry that Hezekiah destroyed hundreds of years later.

By comparing himself to the serpent that Hezekiah destroyed Jesus knew that worship invoving his name would degenerate into idolatry.

People called caesar or the pharoahs mighty god. You are involved in the idolatrous worship of a man.

What would Hezekiah do?
[MENTION=43287]hobelim[/MENTION]

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Acts 20 (Blue Letter Bible: KJV - King James Version)

I think some Jehovah's Witnesses and you won't like this verse. What are you going to do with it?

Feed the church of God which he hath purchased with his own blood. Sounds like "he" refers back to God and the Holy Spirit.

Ugh..

Jesus is the King of kings. He's not only the King of Israel but the King over mankind. You must have missed the verse I quoted from Matthew showing the Christ WAS called Emmanuel or "God with us."

Jesus says that "before Abraham was, I AM." Christ is the great I AM or God Almighty.

You'll have to provide more evidence that your personal opinions. Scripture please.

Except in Christ's case. He and the Father are one.

Christ is God. To reject Him is to seal your fate as one who shall be hell bound.

John 3:18, "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

[MENTION=43287]hobelim[/MENTION]

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Acts 20 (Blue Letter Bible: KJV - King James Version)

I think some Jehovah's Witnesses and you won't like this verse. What are you going to do with it?

Feed the church of God which he hath purchased with his own blood. Sounds like "he" refers back to God and the Holy Spirit.

No, again you are mistaken.

In the sentence you quoted "he" refers back to Jesus, the one who purchased the flock and established the church of God with his own blood.

You are confusing OT usage of the Holy Spirit, a divine inspiration, with the Spirit of truth that Jesus said that God would send to do very specific things when he came, things that are impossible to be done by an invisible disembodied entity.

What you believe is the Holy Spirit that came 2000 years ago at Pentecost and settled like a flame over each of the disciples heads (whoosh), hasn't done even one single thing that Jesus said the Spirit of truth would do when he came.

How do you resolve that?

"I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. 30 Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth "
acts 20:29

Last edited:
Ugh..

Jesus is the King of kings. He's not only the King of Israel but the King over mankind. You must have missed the verse I quoted from Matthew showing the Christ WAS called Emmanuel or "God with us."

The phrase 'God with us" does not mean that the person through which the word of God came to dwell among us is God exactly like being 'called' mighty God does not mean that the person being called God is God.

Jesus says that "before Abraham was, I AM." Christ is the great I AM or God Almighty.

It says " Before Abraham was born I am." The pharisees replied by asking How Jesus could know Abraham when he wasn't even 50 years old which implies they believed a person might know Abraham if they were older than 50 showing that Knowing Abraham is about understanding and not about being there when he was alive or meeting Abraham personally.

Jesus, who claimed speak the words of God, was explaining that he knew Abraham because he was in contact with the, I AM, who did know Abraham personally and has been in existence since before Abraham was born.

Again, Jesus was not claiming to be God but saying he understood Abraham because he knew God.

By comparing himself to the serpent that Hezekiah destroyed Jesus knew that worship involving his name would degenerate into idolatry.

You'll have to provide more evidence that your personal opinions. Scripture please.

Read it yourself Numbers 21:4-9. If it was right in Gods eyes for Hezekiah to destroy the bronze statue of the serpent, 2 kings 18:4, then it was never right to turn to it for healing and was a test. Jesus comparing himself to the story of the bronze serpent during the time of testing in the wilderness shows that Jesus understood that how people would interpret what he taught was a test and knew that worship involving his name would degenerate into idolatry, as it has, because that's what the story is about.

Christ is God. To reject Him is to seal your fate as one who shall be hell bound.

Don't be silly.

If scripture is true, by worshiping Jesus, a man, as if he was a God and as if he claimed to be God you are deliberately setting aside the commands of God and are guilty of Idolatry, bearing false witness, desecrating the teachings of Jesus, the very Word of God, and murder by teaching others to do the same.

You may think I am hell bound in the midst of your delusional fantasies for rejecting and refuting your perjury in the name of God, but anyone with eyes that see can clearly see that you are already in it.

You have your reward already.

Last edited:
The phrase "God with us" or Emanuel, means exactly what it says. God, with us. Which is why Jesus said, "If you have seen me you have seen the Father".

Instead of trying to figure out what God meant, just listen to what He says:
Hebrews 1:6 6And when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says, "AND LET ALL THE ANGELS OF GOD WORSHIP HIM."…
Hebrews 1:8 But about the Son he says,“Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.

When God calls his son God, on a throne that lasts forever, there is no need for you to translate it into your version of what God said. The Angels of God worshiped Christ. It's ok for us to too.

Jesus didn't say He understood Abraham, He said He existed before Abraham was born. He meant what He said, not what you think He meant. Stop adding to and taking away from.

1 Peter 1:20 For He was foreknown before the foundation of the world, but has appeared in these last times for the sake of you who through Him are believers in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.
^
He meant that.

No silliness about accepting Christ, considering that He is the only way to Heaven. No one else suffered and died to lay claim to your sins and the punishment that they demanded.

Understand this instead, when Christ appeared back on earth 3 days after He died, our sins were missing. They were gone. THAT is how you merit entry into the sin-free zone of Heaven. Through Christ's work on the cross.

We worship Emanuel. His power was magnetic. Hoards literally dropped whatever they were doing and walked behind Him for miles and miles to hear what He was saying. They fell to their knees while they watched Him raise the dead, give sight to the blind and cure the lame. They crushed in on Him just to touch His robe. He sent 70 of His disciples out in one day to teach His message. A message that, as prophesied, will never pass away.

He proved who He was, not by saying He understood their pain, but by removing it.

Drifting Sand's place at our Father's table has already been confirmed by Christ. He doesn't have to hope his interpretation of what Christ said is correct enough to enter Heaven. All he has to do is believe that Jesus meant what He said, over and over and over:

John 3:16-17
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.…

John 6:47 Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life.

John 11:25 Jesus told her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying.

John 5:24 "I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life".

Don't add your spin. It is perfect just the way He said it. Leave it alone and be thankful. :)

Last edited:
The phrase "God with us" or Emanuel, means exactly what it says. God, with us. Which is why Jesus said, "If you have seen me you have seen the Father".

Till now I have been using figures of speech....John 16:25

but they did not understand what He meant..... john 10:16

but they did not understand what He meant....Mark 9:32

but they did not understand what He meant....luke 2:50

but they did not understand what He meant....luke 9:45

but they did not understand what He meant....luke 18:34

How is it even possible to listen to what Jesus says and do it if you don't understand what he meant?

How is it even possible to listen to what Jesus says and do it if you don't understand what he meant?

The answer is that to me he gave the mysteries of the kingdom and to you it is not given:

Matthew 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

Forum List

Back