If the U.S. has no separation of church and state, what is the state religion?

One Word...Constitution.

Continue to usurp it...and even YOUR liberty will be taken and you will ask yourself what happened.

Ignorant is now way to go through life as an American son.

Learn it, Live it, KNOW it.

NOT angry about a damned thing. YOU may stow that shit in your sphincter.

I am not ignorant at all. I see that the US Constitution stated something that needed clarification, so they went to the writings of the man who wrote the amendment. They did this to gain insight into his intent.

And thus the SCOTUS handed down a ruling that increased the freedoms of all religions.

And I don't stow anything in my sphincter or take directions from anyone like you. But the fact that you are thinking about my sphincter speaks volumes.

Words mean things:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

What clarification?

On whether or not a single religion should be represented in gov't run operations, while all others are ignored.

No, you did not fix it. You changed it from accurate to wrong.

Have you read the First Amendment? Congress shall make no laws prohibiting the free exercise of religion.
He's another that reads into the Constitution things that aren't there. Perhaps English is his second language?

And the fact that he believes 9 tyrants in black robes trump the Constitution leaving the people with no recourse is scary, Ernie...

So you believe, like Ernie, that you have a constitutional right to enter private property if you are going there to hold a worship service?

You believe that the owners of the private property cannot deny you access to their property, so long as you claim it is for worship??

Really?

I am not ignorant at all. I see that the US Constitution stated something that needed clarification, so they went to the writings of the man who wrote the amendment. They did this to gain insight into his intent.

And thus the SCOTUS handed down a ruling that increased the freedoms of all religions.

And I don't stow anything in my sphincter or take directions from anyone like you. But the fact that you are thinking about my sphincter speaks volumes.

Words mean things:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

What clarification?

On whether or not a single religion should be represented in gov't run operations, while all others are ignored.
And WHAT religion is that? Is it the fact that the Founders recognized religion in the first place?

Last edited:
Really? So you and he both maintain that people in this country are allowed to worship "...where ever they want"?

According to the First Amendment, yes.

Really? So if someone wanted to hold religious services on my 125 acres, the US Constitution gives them that right?

I think you are sadly mistaken, yet again. I could shoot them for trespassing, if I so chose.

Oh, and just as an FYI, a bit over 60% of the US is private property. So there are plenty of places you can be denied.

There are laws against trespassing that have nothing to do with prayer.
That strawman has been shredded already re sacrifice.

A lot of religious nuts insist there is no separation of church and state in the United States because the constitution doesn't use the exact words "separation of church and state."

If there is no separation of church and state, than that means there must be an official state religion.

I'd like to know what they think it is.

Obviously, barring the establishment of a state religion means the exact same thing as separation of church and state. It's a synonym.

I like Madison's take, it's pretty solid.
My perception of the Statist Progressive is that The State is God, and it's dogma, it's religion.
Personally, I find that very dangerous.

Words mean things:

What clarification?

And WHAT religion is that? Is it the fact that the Founders recognized religion in the first place?

When I was in elementary school, there was a prayer said every morning. It certainly was not Muslim, Buddhist or Hindu.

Have you read the First Amendment? Congress shall make no laws prohibiting the free exercise of religion.

Yes I have. Are you claiming that gives you the right to trespass on private property simply because you want to worship there?

No It doesn't give me the right to sacrifice virgins or smoke dope either, for reasons that seem to escape you.

Yes I have. Are you claiming that gives you the right to trespass on private property simply because you want to worship there?

We have trespassing laws to protect private property.
The right to worship wherever we wish, would logically be added to think about the laws we have.
I guess we have to get very specific and we must be absolutely correct when we conservatives use our words.
But of course the left would be exempt, like they are in most things. :lol:

He's another that reads into the Constitution things that aren't there. Perhaps English is his second language?

And the fact that he believes 9 tyrants in black robes trump the Constitution leaving the people with no recourse is scary, Ernie...

The fact is that the nine do have the final say until another nine say different

According to the First Amendment, yes.

Really? So if someone wanted to hold religious services on my 125 acres, the US Constitution gives them that right?

I think you are sadly mistaken, yet again. I could shoot them for trespassing, if I so chose.

Oh, and just as an FYI, a bit over 60% of the US is private property. So there are plenty of places you can be denied.

Not a strawman at all. You and he maintain that you have a constitutional right to worship "...where ever they want". I even asked if that is what you meant.

Obviously, they cannot worship where ever they want. Since the US is a bit over 60% privately owned property, you could potentially be denied access to over half of the country.

The right to worship wherever we wish, would logically be added to think about the laws we have.
I guess we have to get very specific and we must be absolutely correct when we conservatives use our words.

I asked for verification, and they did so. 60% of the country is privately owned. That is not a tiny detail.

Depends on what the meaning of is, is.

No It doesn't give me the right to sacrifice virgins or smoke dope either, for reasons that seem to escape you.

It did not escape me at all. I was the one who posted the correct information. You were the one who claimed you corrected me by adding "...where ever they want.". When, in fact, that is not true.

Not a strawman at all. You and he maintain that you have a constitutional right to worship "...where ever they want". I even asked if that is what you meant.

Obviously, they cannot worship where ever they want. Since the US is a bit over 60% privately owned property, you could potentially be denied access to over half of the country.

The discussion was about football games, public buildings and land. Maybe red herring would be more appropriate.

It did not escape me at all. I was the one who posted the correct information. You were the one who claimed you corrected me by adding "...where ever they want.". When, in fact, that is not true.

I said "where ever they want", in regards to public property. I'm a Conservative. I respect private property rights. The very idea that I would assume I have the right to pray on your front lawn is foreign to me.

The discussion was about football games, public buildings and land. Maybe red herring would be more appropriate.

Actually, the discussion shows that there are places where worship can be restricted. And since the SCOTUS has ruled that there IS a separation of church and state, there are restrictions concerning prayer at football games, public buildings and land.

people own their houses or businesses.....but that sidewalk out front is a public space and people can pass out Christian flyers on the sidewalk.....(except around muslim areas)

Last edited:

The fact is that the nine do have the final say until another nine say different

The fact is that 5 of the 9 have final say, until, 5 say different, regardless of what the written word, or reason, dictate.

Forum List

Back