If the U.S. has no separation of church and state, what is the state religion?

A lot of religious nuts insist there is no separation of church and state in the United States because the constitution doesn't use the exact words "separation of church and state."

If there is no separation of church and state, than that means there must be an official state religion.

I'd like to know what they think it is.

Obviously, barring the establishment of a state religion means the exact same thing as separation of church and state. It's a synonym.
Separation of Church and State was ordained by a human tyrant in a black robe that bastardized the meaning of the First Amendment and using a letter sent by Jefferson to the Danbury Baptists...your premise stinks, and living in grey areas (secular) has no bearing on the First Amendment.

Words mean things...but your type inserts crap into pretty much everything to get around the truth.

YOU are dismissed.

You may dismiss as many posters here as you wish. It doesn't change the ruling made by the SCOTUS.

Just asking.

Does the Federal Government recognize as a holiday any special day for any other religion?

As a benefit for employees who want the day off... a majority will want to celebrate it, and other holidays, in their own way... so having it hurts nobody and does not state sponsor or establish a religion

Whether it hurts anyone is not what he is asking. Whether any other religious holiday is recognized by the federal gov't is what he asked.

Recognized does not mean the establishment of a state religion... so in terms of the subject, the question he asked means nothing

New Years Day is celebrated by most cultures. (And not all on Jan 1st)

Okay let me ask this way, any other federal holiday with the Religious Name associated with it. It's called Christmas not Winter Solstice Day.

So is Christmas - celebrated all around in the world (And not all on Dec. 25 th.

No

News Years has been celebrated since Babylonian times since the 3rd millennium BCE
and makes it the oldest pagan holiday celebrated around the world to this very day.

It is still celebrated the same way today as it was back then, with drinking and making resolutions to change part of your life.
So that makes News Year a pagan celebration.

Christmas is only celebrated by Christians right? (As a religious holiday, not the commercialized orgy of materialism we have). New Years is celebrated by nearly all cultures not just Pagans.

Nope.. plenty of non-christians who take place in what passes for Christmas now.. and AGAIN, recognizing something does not make it established by the state

A lot of religious nuts insist there is no separation of church and state in the United States because the constitution doesn't use the exact words "separation of church and state."

If there is no separation of church and state, than that means there must be an official state religion.

I'd like to know what they think it is.

Obviously, barring the establishment of a state religion means the exact same thing as separation of church and state. It's a synonym.
Separation of Church and State was ordained by a human tyrant in a black robe that bastardized the meaning of the First Amendment and using a letter sent by Jefferson to the Danbury Baptists...your premise stinks, and living in grey areas (secular) has no bearing on the First Amendment.

Words mean things...but your type inserts crap into pretty much everything to get around the truth.

YOU are dismissed.

You may dismiss as many posters here as you wish. It doesn't change the ruling made by the SCOTUS.
And it doesn't mean that SCOTUS got it correct either, does it? They have been wrong on many things starting with Maubury V Madison...
Take it from there. YOUR belief that 9 Tyrants in black robes have the final sayso is scary, and by the way? THEY are NOT the last say in ANY matter.

Got it?

YOU are dismissed.

And it doesn't mean that SCOTUS got it correct either, does it? They have been wrong on many things starting with Maubury V Madison...
Take it from there. YOUR belief that 9 Tyrants in black robes have the final sayso is scary, and by the way? THEY are NOT the last say in ANY matter.

Got it?

I get that you are angry because your religion no longer holds as much power.

I get that you are angry that the gov't is a secular power.

I get that you are angry that 67% of the population agrees with the SCOTUS.

I get that you are frustrated by your powerlessness.

I also get that anyone in this country can worship whatever faith they want.

Got it?

I also get that anyone in this country can worship whatever faith they want where ever they want.

Fixed it for you.

Got it?

I also get that anyone in this country can worship whatever faith they want where ever they want.

Fixed it for you.

No, you did not fix it. You changed it from accurate to wrong.

Got it?

One Word...Constitution.

Continue to usurp it...and even YOUR liberty will be taken and you will ask yourself what happened.

Ignorant is now way to go through life as an American son.

Learn it, Live it, KNOW it.

NOT angry about a damned thing. YOU may stow that shit in your sphincter.

Fixed it for you.

No, he fixed your ignorance.

Fixed it for you.

Have you read the First Amendment? Congress shall make no laws prohibiting the free exercise of religion.

Got it?

And anger and fear are very closely related, often the same thing.

Consequently we see the fear of change, diversity, and dissent common among many on the right manifest as anger.

Got it?

One Word...Constitution.

Continue to usurp it...and even YOUR liberty will be taken and you will ask yourself what happened.

I am not ignorant at all. I see that the US Constitution stated something that needed clarification, so they went to the writings of the man who wrote the amendment. They did this to gain insight into his intent.

And thus the SCOTUS handed down a ruling that increased the freedoms of all religions.

And I don't stow anything in my sphincter or take directions from anyone like you. But the fact that you are thinking about my sphincter speaks volumes.

Really? So you and he both maintain that people in this country are allowed to worship "...where ever they want"?

According to the First Amendment, yes.

Really? So if someone wanted to hold religious services on my 125 acres, the US Constitution gives them that right?

I think you are sadly mistaken, yet again. I could shoot them for trespassing, if I so chose.

Oh, and just as an FYI, a bit over 60% of the US is private property. So there are plenty of places you can be denied.

Fixed it for you.

Have you read the First Amendment? Congress shall make no laws prohibiting the free exercise of religion.

Yes I have. Are you claiming that gives you the right to trespass on private property simply because you want to worship there?

Really? So you and he both maintain that people in this country are allowed to worship "...where ever they want"?

Words mean things...

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Escapes you HOW?

One Word...Constitution.

I am not ignorant at all. I see that the US Constitution stated something that needed clarification, so they went to the writings of the man who wrote the amendment. They did this to gain insight into his intent.

And thus the SCOTUS handed down a ruling that increased the freedoms of all religions.

And I don't stow anything in my sphincter or take directions from anyone like you. But the fact that you are thinking about my sphincter speaks volumes.

Words mean things:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

What clarification?

Fixed it for you.

He's another that reads into the Constitution things that aren't there. Perhaps English is his second language?

And the fact that he believes 9 tyrants in black robes trump the Constitution leaving the people with no recourse is scary, Ernie...

Forum List

Back