If there is a God...

Do you know Chris l? I haven’t seen her discussing this in awhile but I remember she was one. I don’t know what’s your point?
I just wanted to know who you thought was the best. Don't get defensive. We aren't going to round you all up.... yet.
Czerbogs the best
lol, you guys are in trouble then.
I love what Sagan said he would ask god if he met him.

Which religion was right?

Why did he go to such great length to hide from us?
If you were serious, I'd explain that to you.

I'm very curious now. Why does god go to great lengths to hide from us?

What’s a stupid telescope have to do with it
He’s somewhere in the universe right?
What’s a stupid telescope have to do with it
He’s somewhere in the universe right?

Futurama found him, why not a telescope?
Y’all think he is in space hiding from a telescope or what? Lol and I didn’t see that episode of Futurama so idk what that’s about.

God was on Monty Python a lot, check there first. A guy in a cloud can’t be that hard to find.
U r trippin

I just wanted to know who you thought was the best. Don't get defensive. We aren't going to round you all up.... yet.
Czerbogs the best

I don't know that he does. Judaism is a revealed religion, right? It is a religion that claims God is seeking man. So by any objective measure it would be hard to say he is hiding from us, great lengths or otherwise.

Czerbogs the best

God doesn't hide from us. Generally we turn away from God and we cannot see those wonderful spiritual things that God provided for his children here.

I’m waiting for the Hubble telescope to find god, but it just keeps finding science.
The laws of nature, the universe and everything that has happened since the creation of space and time 14 billion years ago until today is evidence of a creator.

Science is the study of nature to understand nature and make predictions concerning nature.

Have you used science to look?

Czerbogs the best

I don't know that he does. Judaism is a revealed religion, right? It is a religion that claims God is seeking man. So by any objective measure it would be hard to say he is hiding from us, great lengths or otherwise.

Ah, I thought that the question about god hiding was what you were referring to from sealybobo's post.

Oddly enough we usually find each other right after services. Some say the atheists most powerful argument is religions.

How many people do you suppose actually study faith/religion after middle school or high school?

20 ever since the creation of the world, the invisible existence of God and his everlasting power have been clearly seen by the mind's understanding of created things. And so these people have no excuse:

21 they knew God and yet they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but their arguments became futile and their uncomprehending minds were darkened.

22 While they claimed to be wise, in fact they were growing so stupid

23 that they exchanged the glory of the immortal God for an imitation

25 because they exchanged God's truth for a lie and have worshiped and served the creature instead of the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Ah, I thought that the question about god hiding was what you were referring to from sealybobo's post.
Nope. It was general in nature.

Czerbogs the best

Why does man go to great lengths to hide from God?

I’m waiting for the Hubble telescope to find god, but it just keeps finding science.
The laws of nature, the universe and everything that has happened since the creation of space and time 14 billion years ago until today is evidence of a creator.

Science is the study of nature to understand nature and make predictions concerning nature.

Nope, its evidence of science not 8,000 years.

Nope, its evidence of science not 8,000 years.
So I couldn't take something you created and use it as evidence?

giphy.gif

Czerbogs the best

God doesn't hide from us. Generally we turn away from God and we cannot see those wonderful spiritual things that God provided for his children here.
I think I’m in heaven now. I’m blessed. Cherish the time you have now don’t wait for an afterlife

Oddly enough we usually find each other right after services. Some say the atheists most powerful argument is religions.

How many people do you suppose actually study faith/religion after middle school or high school?
I think we all go thru it in our teens and twenties. After we spread our wings from our parents nest. My brother goes more than my parents took us and I’m an atheist. Weird huh? I suppose if I met a Greek Orthodox woman and had Greek Orthodox kids I’d go and baptize my kids like he did but I’d be faking it for the family like many do.

What’s the saying happy wife happy life?

20 ever since the creation of the world, the invisible existence of God and his everlasting power have been clearly seen by the mind's understanding of created things. And so these people have no excuse:

21 they knew God and yet they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but their arguments became futile and their uncomprehending minds were darkened.

22 While they claimed to be wise, in fact they were growing so stupid

23 that they exchanged the glory of the immortal God for an imitation

25 because they exchanged God's truth for a lie and have worshiped and served the creature instead of the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
I think recycling is serving god more than going to church

Czerbogs the best

I have a 79 year old aunt in Florida she got a broken knee she’s in the hospital. My Christian brother and father don’t call and make her happy, I do.

She’s very religious. She even donates to those con men on tv. I may think belief in god is bad for us overall but I’m not trying to take god away from her.

Czerbogs the best

That is too general a question. It also doesn't apply to a great many people. Those who truly believe in a god, particularly if they believe in an omniscient god, won't believe they can hide from god. Those who don't believe in a god won't see anything to hide from. :dunno:

I will say that, if there is an all-knowing, all-powerful god who created the universe and everything in it, who loves humanity, and wants humans to believe in this god so that they can experience some sort of happy afterlife, it seems odd to me that such a being wouldn't be more convincing about its existence.

That is too general a question. It also doesn't apply to a great many people. Those who truly believe in a god, particularly if they believe in an omniscient god, won't believe they can hide from god. Those who don't believe in a god won't see anything to hide from. :dunno:

I will say that, if there is an all-knowing, all-powerful god who created the universe and everything in it, who loves humanity, and wants humans to believe in this god so that they can experience some sort of happy afterlife, it seems odd to me that such a being wouldn't be more convincing about its existence.
Sagan asked two really good questions when he met god and they go together

Which god were you and why did you go to such great length to hide from us? How can an atheist be blamed for not believing all 1000 man made religions? Can you blame us for not believing any of them?

And all the modern day religions tell us stories of when god visited or sent his son. Well? Send him again. Cure cancer with your hands. The longer you hide the more I suspect you don’t exist

Bonus Question: What is Satan's favorite sin?
In 2010 I believed in god. I just remembered I told god if I got this job I’d join the church. I got the job and joined. So clearly I believed in god or what was I doing? So I’ve been a believer for 40 years.

How many people reneg on the promise?

Forum List

Back