If they choose to - can House Democrats impeach Trump?

Here's my take on it.

House Democrats will now have the power to investigate and vote on articles of impeachment. Knowing that it would then take two-thirds of the Senate to convict, the House findings combined with Mueller's report could be so overwhelming that the Senate could be compelled to convict. It's even possible that Pence could also be impeached and convicted. Keep in mind that new House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is third in line for the presidency.

My guess is that House Democrats will not rush to impeach Trump - but I feel certain they will investigate the hell out of him and let the chips fall where they may. Mueller's findings will be paramount in whatever they decide.

Well, that's my take on it. What do you think?

I think if they attempt an impeachment they will all but reassure his reelection in 2020. Remember when the Republicans tried to do that to Clinton?

Clinton was not convicted in Senate. Don't forget that Mueller looms in the background. This isn't like Clinton being impeached for personal sexual indiscretions with a consenting adult.
You do realize that Clinton was impeached for lying to Congress, right? Not for "personal sexual indiscretions".

It was all about a blowjob
A trivial overreach of Congressional Powers

Democrats won’t make the same mistake

How could you possibly know that? We have no idea what Mueller knows. We have no idea what the House Democrats can learn - especially now that they have full subpoena power.
I know for a fact that Trump is not going to be removed from office by at least 66 Senate votes. You're an idiot. If Trump is removed from office by the Senate, I will leave this forum in disgrace and give you an apology. I'll even buy you a Caribbean cruise.
Does that include if he resigns because he gets an 11th hour visit from Mitch McConnell?
If you think Trump is going to resign, then you're as dumb as Lakhota.
Oh I agree that he’s a narcissistic megalomaniac who can be counted on to act against reason and without regard for the best interests of the country and the institution of the Presidency - he lacks the comparably good character of President Nixon.

But you’re the dumbass making sweeping declarations about the future at this point; you don’t know what truths are hidden in Trump’s carefully guarded tax returns and business records; it’s very possible - and quite likely - that he’s been engaging in a massive money laundering scheme for the Russian oligarchy for the past several years which is felonious, and if coupled with actions taken under cover of the presidency to benefit the Russian government or oligarchy contrary to American interests, quite possible also treasonous. When faced with the serious consequences of such behaviors, even Trump might have the good sense to pack it in rather than end up in the federal pen.
Congrats on the World Series win. Trump's tax returns and business matters are not the business of congress. Trump's conduct during his Presidency is. You hate Trump, I get it. However, your hatred and the hatred of others is not going to be enough to get rid of him.
How can you be so nice and so dense at the same time?!

OF COURSE his financial dealings, which he HAS NOT recused himself from in any effective way since taking office, is the business of the AMERICAN PEOPLE! Have you ever bothered to read the Constitution? Do you know what the emoluments clause means? Our founding fathers took care to protect us from wanna-be tyrants who would use the office of the presidency to enrich themselves at the cost of the country - ensuring that doesn’t happen includes finding out how deeply enmeshed Trump’s business is with Russian oligarchs, including Putin, who on the surface at least appears able to pull Trump’s strings like a puppet.

Seriously, stop parroting the party line and use the brain your mother sacrificed to grow for you; be a patriot and consider your country above all else. There will be other, admirable and legitimate Republican presidents to devote yourself to in the future. There is a mountain of circumstantial evidence - including recorded statements from both of Trump’s sons! - suggesting Trump is in bed with the Russians and therefore every decision he makes as CiC relative to them is called into question. There is also a ton of evidence showing manifest violations of the emoluments clause relative to Trump’s DC hotel and other properties. Stop saying stupid stuff like his ONGOING financial records aren’t the business of the elected representatives of the American people - you don’t speak for all of us, and that was made loud and clear yesterday!

Does that include if he resigns because he gets an 11th hour visit from Mitch McConnell?
Oh I agree that he’s a narcissistic megalomaniac who can be counted on to act against reason and without regard for the best interests of the country and the institution of the Presidency - he lacks the comparably good character of President Nixon.

But you’re the dumbass making sweeping declarations about the future at this point; you don’t know what truths are hidden in Trump’s carefully guarded tax returns and business records; it’s very possible - and quite likely - that he’s been engaging in a massive money laundering scheme for the Russian oligarchy for the past several years which is felonious, and if coupled with actions taken under cover of the presidency to benefit the Russian government or oligarchy contrary to American interests, quite possible also treasonous. When faced with the serious consequences of such behaviors, even Trump might have the good sense to pack it in rather than end up in the federal pen.
Congrats on the World Series win. Trump's tax returns and business matters are not the business of congress. Trump's conduct during his Presidency is. You hate Trump, I get it. However, your hatred and the hatred of others is not going to be enough to get rid of him.

Al Capone went to prison for tax evasion

If Muellers investigation turns up income sources that were not reported on his returns....those returns are very relevant
If monkeys crapped gold you'd be rich. If, if, if. I live in reality. You must be a democrat, huh.
Mueller is digging into Trump finances

Trump will not have Nunes to cover his tracks

Here's my take on it.

House Democrats will now have the power to investigate and vote on articles of impeachment. Knowing that it would then take two-thirds of the Senate to convict, the House findings combined with Mueller's report could be so overwhelming that the Senate could be compelled to convict. It's even possible that Pence could also be impeached and convicted. Keep in mind that new House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is third in line for the presidency.

My guess is that House Democrats will not rush to impeach Trump - but I feel certain they will investigate the hell out of him and let the chips fall where they may. Mueller's findings will be paramount in whatever they decide.

I think if they attempt an impeachment they will all but reassure his reelection in 2020. Remember when the Republicans tried to do that to Clinton?

Clinton was not convicted in Senate. Don't forget that Mueller looms in the background. This isn't like Clinton being impeached for personal sexual indiscretions with a consenting adult.
You do realize that Clinton was impeached for lying to Congress, right? Not for "personal sexual indiscretions".

Nope, Clinton's impeachment wasn't about a blowjob. That's the democrat spin. The impeachment was about lying to a Grand jury and obstruction of justice. I suggest you do some research.

If Muellers investigation turns up income sources that were not reported on his returns....those returns are very relevant
If monkeys crapped gold you'd be rich. If, if, if. I live in reality. You must be a democrat, huh.

Trump's finances aren't anyone's business. Trump's conduct during his Presidency is. You're an idiot.

Here's my take on it.

Yeah, you guys should definitely do this. It's going to work out great!

Trump is not above the law - so he should be held accountable.

For what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trump's finances aren't anyone's business. Trump's conduct during his Presidency is. You're an idiot.
Sadly, it appears YOU are the idiot so blinded by twisted party line that you reject the rules set forth in the Constitution that governs your life as an American citizen.

A president sitting in office benefitting from a private business, having not liquated his assets and placed them in a legitimately blind trust as is the proper mechanism to avoid conflicts of interest, places his own private business interests within the purview of the Congress representing the American people.

Trump did this, out of his own arrogance and determination that the rules and law don’t apply to him. Well he was wrong and now he will face the music.

Please don’t say one more disgusting word in defense of presidents being above the law; you should pack up and move to a fascist regime if that’s the kind of worldview you truly embrace.

Here's my take on it.

Clinton got impeached for lying under oath, please do some personal research, you cannot just rely on MSM

Here's my take on it.

Clinton got impeached for lying under oath, please do some personal research, you cannot just rely on MSM

That’s exactly right. Many on the left have fallen into the lazy shorthand of referring to the blow job in the Oval as the reason he was impeached, because his perjury was a result of a trap set for him in being questioned over it by Starr’s team.

But the bottom line is that Bill Clinton was a lawyer who took an oath to the Constitution upon admission to the Bar and again upon his inauguration, and he knew full well the wrongfulness of lying under oath. It was unacceptable behavior.

There see, we can agree on certain facts that are essentially inarguable. Now if only you folks would concede that the emoluments clause makes the President’s ongoing private business conduct subject to Congressional oversight . . .

Sadly, it appears YOU are the idiot so blinded by twisted party line that you reject the rules set forth in the Constitution that governs your life as an American citizen.

A president sitting in office benefitting from a private business, having not liquated his assets and placed them in a legitimately blind trust as is the proper mechanism to avoid conflicts of interest, places his own private business interests within the purview of the Congress representing the American people.

Trump did this, out of his own arrogance and determination that the rules and law don’t apply to him. Well he was wrong and now he will face the music.

Please don’t say one more disgusting word in defense of presidents being above the law; you should pack up and move to a fascist regime if that’s the kind of worldview you truly embrace.
I couldn't read your entire post because your ignorance in the first paragraph is astonishing. The Constitution doesn't govern my life. The Constitution is the rule book for the operation of the Federal government. I govern my life. Idiot.

Here's my take on it.

House Democrats will now have complete power to investigate and vote on articles of impeachment. Knowing that it would then take two-thirds of the Senate to convict, the House findings combined with Mueller's report could be so overwhelming that the Senate could be compelled to convict. It's even possible that Pence could also be impeached and convicted. Keep in mind that new House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is third in line for the presidency.

they will impeach.....but it will be based on nothing....mueller doesn't have anything but keep dreaming.

Here's my take on it.

Yes...he is not hilary so he is acceptable to the law....hilary, not so much.

I couldn't read your entire post because your ignorance in the first paragraph is astonishing. The Constitution doesn't govern my life. The Constitution is the rule book for the operation of the Federal government. I govern my life. Idiot.
You’re an ignorant twat. I’m not talking self help touchy feely bullshit; I’m talking about the LAWS that apply to you as a citizen.

Grow up and engage in adult reasoned debate, or fuck off.

Hope that impeachment gets taken off the table, Pelosi says no impeachment. Would like to see his tax returns, only to see the difference that being that rich has on just how much can be gotten away with.

Here's my take on it.

Nope, Clinton's impeachment wasn't about a blowjob. That's the democrat spin. The impeachment was about lying to a Grand jury and obstruction of justice. I suggest you do some research.
Duhhhhh

It was not actually about a blowjob, it was about getting a blowjob and lying about it

If Dems impeach Trump, it will not be over such trivialities

Here's my take on it.

Yes, just as soon as you wingnuts can find a law he has broken.

If they choose to - can House Democrats impeach Trump?

Oh please, please, pretty please.

Duhhhhh

It was not actually about a blowjob, it was about getting a blowjob and lying about it

If Dems impeach Trump, it will not be over such trivialities
He lied about more than a blowjob. You didn't really follow the entire case, did you.

LOL yep. For the next 2 years, nothing but impeachment hearings.

LOL... It's going to be SNL on the house floor every day. Just somehow even less funny.

I'm sure House Democrats can walk and chew gum at the same time.
I wonder if pelosi will get that big gavell out again. Instead of doing the will of the people they will spend their time investigating Trump. I remember the last time they took over, we almost had a depression.
A united front on our economy would be better. Solving simple poverty could start in the House. A federal doctrine regarding the legal concept of employment at will, could be a fine capital place to start.

Forum List

Back