If they choose to - can House Democrats impeach Trump?

LOL yep. For the next 2 years, nothing but impeachment hearings.

LOL... It's going to be SNL on the house floor every day. Just somehow even less funny.
i still want to hear the charges.:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Here's my take on it.

House Democrats will now have complete power to investigate and vote on articles of impeachment. Knowing that it would then take two-thirds of the Senate to convict, the House findings combined with Mueller's report could be so overwhelming that the Senate could be compelled to convict. It's even possible that Pence could also be impeached and convicted. Keep in mind that new House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is third in line for the presidency.

My guess is that House Democrats will not rush to impeach Trump - but I feel certain they will investigate the hell out of him and let the chips fall where they may. Mueller's findings will be paramount in whatever they decide.

Well, that's my take on it. What do you think?
I hope they don't try to impeach Trump until they've got some real evidence of wrong doing, which will come from Mueller if there is any. Otherwise, they're being 100% partisan and wasting my tax dollars.

I pretty much laid that out in my OP.
and what will they do when he doesn't comply? didn't the repubs subpoena Rod Rosenstein? did he comply? They can't do anything about it.

Here's my take on it.

House Democrats will now have complete power to investigate and vote on articles of impeachment. Knowing that it would then take two-thirds of the Senate to convict, the House findings combined with Mueller's report could be so overwhelming that the Senate could be compelled to convict. It's even possible that Pence could also be impeached and convicted. Keep in mind that new House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is third in line for the presidency.

My guess is that House Democrats will not rush to impeach Trump - but I feel certain they will investigate the hell out of him and let the chips fall where they may. Mueller's findings will be paramount in whatever they decide.

Impeachment has never been in the cards.

However, there will be a shit ton of hearings about the criminal enterprises of Trump and his coven of witches he has surrounded himself with.

But if I was Nancy Pelosi, I would be knocking on the Naked Emperor's door this morning with a Universal Health Care bill for Trump to "author" and submit to the Hill.

Trump looooooooves him some single payer healthcare, and if he wanted to shut down the Democratic hate mill in a single stroke, that would be the way to do it.

He'd be re-elected with a 57 state landslide.

Single payer health care would be enough to send the public into a paroxysm of fury. Especially with 12,000 diseased invaders on our doorstep.
Those people are walking thousands of miles to get to the US, they're healthier than 80℅ of Americans!

Here's my take on it.

However, there will be a shit ton of hearings about the criminal enterprises of Trump and his coven of witches he has surrounded himself with.

But if I was Nancy Pelosi, I would be knocking on the Naked Emperor's door this morning with a Universal Health Care bill for Trump to "author" and submit to the Hill.

Trump looooooooves him some single payer healthcare, and if he wanted to shut down the Democratic hate mill in a single stroke, that would be the way to do it.

Single payer health care would be enough to send the public into a paroxysm of fury. Especially with 12,000 diseased invaders on our doorstep.
Those people are walking thousands of miles to get to the US, they're healthier than 80℅ of Americans!
Then they will have no trouble walking back. We neither need to feed nor medicate them.

Leftists are delusional if they think the Republicans will give Pelosi a path to the presidency.

Here's my take on it.

GOP control the Senate. Dummy no chance. I think You’re a Leftist fool.

......if they do, that is an attack on democracy and the rounds will start flying when we defend America

Here's my take on it.

Then they will have no trouble walking back. We neither need to feed nor medicate them.
Refugee aid groups like HIAS will take care of that as they have for decades. Under U.S. and international law, those refugees have an absolute right to apply for asylum and to due process in the federal court system on those applications, which includes not being sent back to harm's way pending hearing on asylum application.

Here's my take on it.

Yes, please spend the next two years looking like a bunch of vindictive children by wasting your time trying to "get" Trump instead of tending to the people's business. PLEASE do that.

Here's my take on it.

House Democrats will now have the power to investigate and vote on articles of impeachment. Knowing that it would then take two-thirds of the Senate to convict, the House findings combined with Mueller's report could be so overwhelming that the Senate could be compelled to convict. It's even possible that Pence could also be impeached and convicted. Keep in mind that new House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is third in line for the presidency.

Yeah, you guys should definitely do this. It's going to work out great!

Trump is not above the law - so he should be held accountable.

For what? Daring to challenge Democrats?

Here's my take on it.

House Democrats will now have the power to investigate and vote on articles of impeachment. Knowing that it would then take two-thirds of the Senate to convict, the House findings combined with Mueller's report could be so overwhelming that the Senate could be compelled to convict. It's even possible that Pence could also be impeached and convicted. Keep in mind that new House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is third in line for the presidency.

I think if they attempt an impeachment they will all but reassure his reelection in 2020. Remember when the Republicans tried to do that to Clinton?

Clinton was not convicted in Senate. Don't forget that Mueller looms in the background. This isn't like Clinton being impeached for personal sexual indiscretions with a consenting adult.

What would even be the point? There's no way in Hell that you're going to get the Senate to remove him unless he shoots someone in the Rose Garden tomorrow, so why in the hell would you waste time and money on this?

Here's my take on it.

I don’t see it happening. I don’t even see it starting.

You may be right - but don't you agree it could happen? There is much we don't know.

Like what? If we don't know it, how do we know there's an it to know?

Here's my take on it.

I don’t see it happening. I don’t even see it starting.

You may be right - but don't you agree it could happen? There is much we don't know.

Like what? If we don't know it, how do we know there's an it to know?

We don't know what we don't know - but Mueller does. That's why he must be protected and allowed to finish his investigation and submit his final report to the House.

Congratulations to House Democrats! Wednesday should be a BIG news day. We may even hear from Mueller. Now that House Democrats have regained a powerful seat at the table - I no longer feel traumatized. I'm sure many American Democrats must feel the same way. A great sigh of relief. I still remember something Cecily Strong said on SNL in February 2017 after Trump was elected:

“I want one day without a CNN alert that scares the hell out of me, all right?"
--Cecily Strong on SNL

TRUMP SKUNKED: DEM WAVE CRASHES HOUSE

Aren't you a grown man? Why would the election of Trump make you feel "TRAUMATIZED"? And now that the Dems have a "seat at the table" you don't feel this way anymore?

I just can't stand this emotionalizing of EVERYTHING that is not emotional--and I'm a WOMAN, and I teach young children, for pity's sake. Donald Trump did not run for president because of your feels and he is not fixing the economy because of your feels and even if you have brown skin, and you might, he is not holding back the caravan because he hates brown people.

No, he is not.

No, listen. He really is not. He is holding them back because they have no implicit or explicit right to be here. That should not "TRAUMATIZE" you or anyone.

I will never accept that grown people have go 'round with their feelings hanging out everywhere.

Honest.

to.

Goodness.

Like you just did??

Did I claim to be traumatized by anything a politician has done? Do you know the difference between making an argument and claiming emotional harm? Can you imagine that difference?

Are you still afraid of the caravan of invaders?

You mean the caravan that will now dissolve, because it, like Ford, is no longer useful to the democrats?

[
How can House Republican Teabaggers obstruct Speaker Pelosi when Democrats have a clear majority?

There is no way of underestimating the stupidity of Demorcat Party "leadership".

For which reason I believe they will not allow Pelosi to become Speaker.

Not when they can have Maxine Waters.......

We don't know what we don't know - but Mueller does. That's why he must be protected and allowed to finish his investigation and submit his final report to the House.

We do agree that Mueller MUST be protected.

Protected from the violent Democrat mob when his fair and honest investigation shows President Trump has done nothing wrong but Hillary's collusion with a Russian con-man was worthy of indictment and prosecution.

Forum List

Back