If this is true, Panetta should resign

Once upon a time a fucking Iraqi journalist threw shoes at a sitting President of the United States during a state visit!

I kid you not.

The notion that someone might grab a weapon is hardly the biggest stretch in the world.

Yes, Bush was President. al Qaeda sympathizer in the room? Always a possibility.

Once again, when was the last time someone stole a Marine's weapon and hurt anyone with it?

I'll wait.
I can remember when Marines were set out on post with unloaded weapons and an explosive-filled truck was driven by them into a Marine Barracks.

Once again, when was the last time someone stole a Marine's weapon and hurt anyone with it?

I'll wait.

That's actually a very good question.
Someone, an Afghan civilian, stole a vehicle and crashed it as Panetta was landing; I do not believe Marines are IMMUNE to danger. 23.3% of casualties in Afghanistan have been Marines, though the Marines make up only 10% of the US forces.

ANSWER THE QUESTION.

I don't care what you think. You are stating that there's a risk of someone grabbing an armed marine's weapon and hurting marines and those the marines are protecting.....

Tell me when that has EVER happened?

Thank you.

Once upon a time a fucking Iraqi journalist threw shoes at a sitting President of the United States during a state visit!

I kid you not.

The notion that someone might grab a weapon is hardly the biggest stretch in the world.

Yes, Bush was President. al Qaeda sympathizer in the room? Always a possibility.

I'll wait.
I can remember when Marines were set out on post with unloaded weapons and an explosive-filled truck was driven by them into a Marine Barracks.

Yeah why don't you link that, tinkerbell?

I kid you not.

I'll wait.
Thus, the possibility a Marine could lose a weapon to an Afghani militant at a "gathering".

Link it.

Note they were unarmed. It appears on the surface to defeat your own stupid argument.

Wow I gave you guys way too much credit.

Kindly explain how your example of how stupid it is for marines to be unarmed proves that armed marines are easily unarmed????

Link it.

Note they were unarmed. It appears on the surface to defeat your own stupid argument.
No kg, there were many deaths in the Beirut attack:
the death toll was 241 American servicemen: 220 Marines, 18 Navy personnel and three Army soldiers, along with sixty Americans injured, representing the deadliest single-day death toll for the United States Marine Corps since the Battle of Iwo Jima of World War II, the deadliest single-day death toll for the United States military since the first day of the Tet Offensive during the Vietnam War, and the deadliest single attack on Americans overseas since World War II.[1][dead link] I

Do you speak English?

I didn't say there weren't deaths.

I asked how on earth that proves your contention that armed Marines aren't capable of adequately protecting people in close quarters, or how it proves your contention that an unarmed Afghani could unarm a Marine who is on duty???????

I'm still waiting. So far all you've done is post utter nonsense and bullshit.

The one pathetic thing you DID link does nothing except prove how incredibly fucking stupid it is to disarm on-duty marines. Oh wait, you also linked the case of an armed military dude going nuts in a mess hall and taking out (again) UNARMED people.

Yes. Because I hate Obama SO much. :lol:
Major General Gurganus held high posts in Iraq also; chosen by Bush's SoD.
Gurganus' resume is meaningless in this example.

Consider Colin Powell's resume. And that treacherous, self-serving bastard is directly responsible for enabling the Iraq invasion. Had he not prostituted himself in exchange for promotion to Secretary of State by mendaciously affirming the existence of WMDs the Congress would not have been swayed enough to approve the invasion. And there is no question that Powell knew what he was doing.

5800 Americans died in Iraq. Thousands more were maimed and/or disfigured. The cost of that debacle has been ruinous. And we have Colin Powell, with his solid gold resume, to thank for it.

Colin Powell advised AGAINST the invasion of Iraq and was not listened to by Bush/Cheney.
Powell offered the JCS report and guidelines along with the intelligence communities analysis of the entire region and all of those also advised against any invasion.
And then after toppling Hussein what did George do then also against the advise of all the military and Powell? He let go of the entire Iraq police force against the advice of senior military in the field commanders, 85,000 armed to the teeth Iraqis.
The military stated that this blunder would immediately put the troops in harms way. The next day the first IED went off killing 6 Americans.
You are a complete dumb ass. Everyone in the Bush administration admitted it was Bush's call alone and that Powell was against it.
"You break it, you own it" Colin Powell on his analysis of any invasion of Iraq.
And you claim that was wanting to invade?
You are as stupid as a box of rocks.

Link it.

No kg, there were many deaths in the Beirut attack:
the death toll was 241 American servicemen: 220 Marines, 18 Navy personnel and three Army soldiers, along with sixty Americans injured, representing the deadliest single-day death toll for the United States Marine Corps since the Battle of Iwo Jima of World War II, the deadliest single-day death toll for the United States military since the first day of the Tet Offensive during the Vietnam War, and the deadliest single attack on Americans overseas since World War II.[1][dead link] I
kg, had the Marines BEEN armed, it would not prevented the deaths from the bombing. I cannot accept the premise it could NOT happen; 9/11 seemed unreal when that occurred.

And 9/11 was real.

It seems your difficulty lays in distinguishing reality from fantasy.

Major General Gurganus held high posts in Iraq also; chosen by Bush's SoD.
Gurganus' resume is meaningless in this example.

Consider Colin Powell's resume. And that treacherous, self-serving bastard is directly responsible for enabling the Iraq invasion. Had he not prostituted himself in exchange for promotion to Secretary of State by mendaciously affirming the existence of WMDs the Congress would not have been swayed enough to approve the invasion. And there is no question that Powell knew what he was doing.

5800 Americans died in Iraq. Thousands more were maimed and/or disfigured. The cost of that debacle has been ruinous. And we have Colin Powell, with his solid gold resume, to thank for it.

Colin Powell advised AGAINST the invasion of Iraq and was not listened to by Bush/Cheney.
Powell offered the JCS report and guidelines along with the intelligence communities analysis of the entire region and all of those also advised against any invasion.
And then after toppling Hussein what did George do then also against the advise of all the military and Powell? He let go of the entire Iraq police force against the advice of senior military in the field commanders, 85,000 armed to the teeth Iraqis.
The military stated that this blunder would immediately put the troops in harms way. The next day the first IED went off killing 6 Americans.
You are a complete dumb ass. Everyone in the Bush administration admitted it was Bush's call alone and that Powell was against it.
"You break it, you own it" Colin Powell on his analysis of any invasion of Iraq.
And you claim that was wanting to invade?
You are as stupid as a box of rocks.
That is my recollection also.

We have concrete evidence that when you disarm Marines in tense situations where they are likely to get targeted, people die.

So this is proof that it was a good idea to disarm Marines? Is that what you're going with?

marines,, won't like this.. none of them will. they probably will get their ballots late again this year.

We have concrete evidence that when you disarm Marines in tense situations where they are likely to get targeted, people die.

So this is proof that it was a good idea to disarm Marines? Is that what you're going with?
No, my conclusion is the Major General should be trusted with the DECISION.

Forum List

Back