If this is true, we are in trouble...

In a nutshell, the plan is to abolish the ability of some to acquire vast amounts of wealth off of the labor of others.

But you don't mind if the masses leach sustenance off of the intellect and ambition of others. Face it, you promote the oppression of the most able at the hands of the least willing.
It is the minority group that is oppressing the masses. It is the minority group that is leaching off the labor of others. That is what you promote.

Pay the worker the full value of what he creates.

If you pay the worker full value of what he creates, how does a company stay open?
They simply takes less profit.

If he takes any profit, then he is not paying his worker full value of his work, correct?

Let me explain something to you: As a worker, your value is determined by how much your employer can find somebody else to do the same job and the same quality as you do.

If you make $15.00 an hour and ask your employer for $17.00 and he refuses, you can quit that job and find one that does pay $17.00 an hour.

Now if you are replaced by a worker willing to do the job for $13.00 an hour, you have been overpaid. If he can't find anybody unless he does pay them $17.00 an hour, then you were underpaid. If he finds your replacement at the same rate of pay you were making, you were paid properly.

These statistics are claimed to be true:
1. 50% of American wage earners earn less than $30k.
2. 63% of Americans can’t afford a $1,000 emergency.
3. 80% of American workers live pay check to pay check.
4. Since 1973 American productivity has increased by 77%, yet hourly pay has grown by 12%. If the minimum wage was tracked to productivity, it would be over $20 an hour today.
5. 41% of American workers earn less than $12 per hour, with most without employer provided HC.
6. Since 2008 the federal government and the Fed created $26 trillion out of nothing. Was any of this enormous sum spent on infrastructure, public education, universal HC, bail out 5.1 million people who lost their homes?

Not a pretty picture for the poor and middle class. Hopefully things are improving or we are headed for big trouble.
Of course it's true, and of course we're in trouble.

"Every man for himself" doesn't work in capitalist system, and the reason should be clear: There will always be people who are naturally better suited to create wealth and prosper than others. Therefore, without a strong safety net and a supported middle class, many will fall through the holes.

The "you're on your own" folks are digging their own grave here. They refuse to see that, as wealth disparities continue to increase, so will the anger. At some point, the people on the bottom will revolt at the polls and we will swing in the other direction.

As another poster has said here, it's social insurance against revolution. That's too complicated, I guess.
And when we swing the other way eventually wealth is going to run out because its all been taken and those wealthy people will have left the country.
Yep, so the Right can continue to deny human nature and stick to this fundamentalist, all or nothing thinking, or it can be smart and bend some.

Seems like an easy choice.

Monopolies need to be broken apart, like Republican Teddy Roosevelt had done.

In the case of College, and the Healthcare industry, we should have "Price Controls"

These have become fairly vital, and the jerks have jacked up prices left, and right.

Healthcare has had perhaps a bit of an excuse, that excuse is people live longer, and technology has become more expensive for treatments.

But, Colleges have hardly changed, and they have jacked up prices huge, huge, amounts even when you adjust for income to college, they were clearly much cheaper back in the day.

The problem is colleges are doing nothing different than any other business. It's supply and demand. The more demand, the more expensive the supply.

I agree but should not state schools be more affordable than they are now?

What do you mean by state schools?

Like Arizona State. Not private schools like Yale.

It's the market that's charging market prices. Several months ago I did some research on it, and it turns out that private colleges are making over 20% profit. Imagine if they allowed us to buy stock in those places. I could retire early.

Several months ago I did some research on it, and it turns out that private colleges are making over 20% profit.

How are they able to do that?

Life is way more expensive. My parents got their house, which is 2x the size of mine for 25% of the cost. The cable bill back then was like $50. Now I pay $250. There was no cell phone bill. Now I pay $350. Car prices and gas prices have skyrocketed. College tuition and food costs are way up. Middle class gets squeezed. Wealthy don’t care and the poor get enough Govt support to continuously game the system.

In the case of College, and the Healthcare industry, we should have "Price Controls"

These have become fairly vital, and the jerks have jacked up prices left, and right.

Healthcare has had perhaps a bit of an excuse, that excuse is people live longer, and technology has become more expensive for treatments.

But, Colleges have hardly changed, and they have jacked up prices huge, huge, amounts even when you adjust for income to college, they were clearly much cheaper back in the day.

The problem is colleges are doing nothing different than any other business. It's supply and demand. The more demand, the more expensive the supply.

The problem is Baby-Boomers f*cked up America, and keep coming up with more of the "Same Solutions" that "Caused the issues"

My generation is more educated, the productivity is up, the cost of getting educated is more, cost of healthcare is up, and yet we're making less money in comparison to your generation had.

If it's broken, you DO FIX IT, you don't break it more, and more.

Everyone SHOULD want better for their kids, just some are either too dumb, or too apathetic to do better for their kids.

So how do you "fix" the problem of high college costs, place a government limit on what they can charge?

What caused the problem is that manual labor has less value than it did before mostly because of automation. Because of that, kids can't get out of school and make a good enough living to buy a house and support a family. The only way to do that is to have a higher education.

The alternative to that is trade school. You won't make as much as somebody with a college degree and you may have to work with your hands, but you also don't have the college bills either.

Automation increases productivity, and thus more production, and therefor WEALTH created.

That wealth was never seen, because of Illegals, because of outsourcing, because of monopolies laying people off, and raising prices.

This is CRAPitalist America, and it's even worse than Soviet Russia.

At least in Soviet Russia they didn't funnel all the jobs into foreigners hands who despise them.

I don't see how we're not going to "NATURALLY" collapse in the near future, if we don't end up killing each other in the streets first, and therefor "ARTIFICIALLY" collapse.

I'm glad I'll be off this planet by then; at least out of the workforce. I wouldn't want to be a person in the future with no aptitude to earn a higher education and try to make it on manual labor alone.

It's the market that's charging market prices. Several months ago I did some research on it, and it turns out that private colleges are making over 20% profit. Imagine if they allowed us to buy stock in those places. I could retire early.

Several months ago I did some research on it, and it turns out that private colleges are making over 20% profit.

How are they not? They bring in enough money to cover the bills and make a profit that high. What's to stop them?

4. Since 1973 American productivity has increased by 77%, yet hourly pay has grown by 12%. If the minimum wage was tracked to productivity, it would be over $20 an hour today.
5. 41% of American workers earn less than $12 per hour, with most without employer provided HC.
6. Since 2008 the federal government and the Fed created $26 trillion out of nothing. Was any of this enormous sum spent on infrastructure, public education, universal HC, bail out 5.1 million people who lost their homes?

Not a pretty picture for the poor and middle class. Hopefully things are improving or we are headed for big trouble.

Trump is doing his best to fix this..... the more democrats we vote out of office the better off these people will be......

That is why November is so important....democrats thrive on poverty, racism, hate and violence......
How so? What have republicans done to fix this?
From where I'm sitting personally, one thousand dollars means very little. It's just something that happens.

Try facing the facts of what happens to hundreds of thousands of working people.

I do, that's why MAGA is a good thing.

I want every man to be able to support a family, own a house, and have a boat or RV and take a 2-week vacation every year on a 40-hour week job.

That used to be the norm in America, and I want to get back to that.

America has always been great MM

MAGA is for haters ,who are groomed to focus their angst and hate on specific factions of our population

It takes the focus off the elites who are raping us

So you see, the sound byte (FWIW, Reagan's) is used to oust those of us with critical thinking skills enough to see past such hubris , and realize how America ticks

~S~
How are you being raped by the elites?

Specifically, how?

Do not bother to say that they are not paying enough in taxes, not only would that make you look like an idiot, it would be untrue. Also, do not even try to spread that "there is only so much money' manure. While your at it, make sure you reply with the full understanding that you are NOT entitled to anyone else wealth, labor or intellectual property.

How are they not? They bring in enough money to cover the bills and make a profit that high. What's to stop them?

How did you "come-up" with 20%?

I don't know if I'd invest in a losing venture.

Losing Students, Private Schools Try to Change

Trump is doing his best to fix this..... the more democrats we vote out of office the better off these people will be......

That is why November is so important....democrats thrive on poverty, racism, hate and violence......
2A, I see Trump as doing his best to tear it down further. We tried healthcare, which Republicans stripped and starved without a scintilla of replace. And why did 5.1 million people lose their homes? Seems like that began in 2006-7 and was slowly decreasing by 09. I don't know how true it is, but surely you too heard that the loss of jobs with healthcare is responsible for the loss of homes. Now we have jobs mostly part-time without benefits for a huge percentile of our people, loss of overtime ala Trump, loss of even CHIP ala Trump, threat of cuts to Medicare and SS ala McConnell, no infrastructure in the pipeline, and fear, Fear, FEAR spread by the biggest liar since the snake in the Garden of Eden.. who is still going strong passing pipe dreams to the crowds that allow him to pump them full of scapegoats.
/——/ It’s not the Government’s responsibility to provide healthcare. Just let the free market do I like 50 years ago.

Specifically, how?

They own our Banking industry, Congress, Media, Military ,w/ Foriegn and Domestic policies following suit

They also have zero allegiance to anything past their own coffers

and that's just a start Dark one

~S~

Trump is creating opportunities for those that want it. Unfortunately many under 45 would rather get a tattoo than put the money in savings.

Trump is creating opportunities for those that want it. Unfortunately many under 45 would rather get a tattoo than put the money in savings.

Or make any other kind of investment.

2A, I see Trump as doing his best to tear it down further. We tried healthcare, which Republicans stripped and starved without a scintilla of replace. And why did 5.1 million people lose their homes? Seems like that began in 2006-7 and was slowly decreasing by 09. I don't know how true it is, but surely you too heard that the loss of jobs with healthcare is responsible for the loss of homes. Now we have jobs mostly part-time without benefits for a huge percentile of our people, loss of overtime ala Trump, loss of even CHIP ala Trump, threat of cuts to Medicare and SS ala McConnell, no infrastructure in the pipeline, and fear, Fear, FEAR spread by the biggest liar since the snake in the Garden of Eden.. who is still going strong passing pipe dreams to the crowds that allow him to pump them full of scapegoats.
/——/ It’s not the Government’s responsibility to provide healthcare. Just let the free market do I like 50 years ago.

It’s not the Government’s responsibility to provide healthcare. Just let the free market do I like 50 years ago.

It's the governments job to protect it's citizenry. Reagan nixed that by deregulating the bipartisan HMO Act.

It’s not the Government’s responsibility to provide healthcare. Just let the free market do I like 50 years ago.

It's the governments job to protect it's citizenry. Reagan nixed that by deregulating the bipartisan HMO Act.

Healthcare is not protecting the citizenry.

By not getting screwed when paying for it, especially since healthcare in the US today is a capitalist racketeer company store monopoly.

By not getting screwed when paying for it, especially since healthcare in the US today is a capitalist racketeer company store monopoly.

Under that line of thinking, government should pay our house or rental insurance, our car insurance, life insurance, appliance, lawn and garden equipment insurance.

After all, according to you, the federal government is now constitutionally obligated so no American ever gets screwed. I would love to know where that clause is in the document.

So your solution is to subsidize the racketeers.

Under that line of thinking, government should pay our house or rental insurance, our car insurance, life insurance, appliance, lawn and garden equipment insurance.

After all, according to you, the federal government is now constitutionally obligated so no American ever gets screwed. I would love to know where that clause is in the document.
Ray, people can get by without a car insurance , house and rental insurance, appliance, lawn and garden equipment insurance. Except for cars most do not have the other.

But life and quality of life as related to health is a need none of us can escape. I am happy for you that you believe you have covered that necessity for yourself and your family, but those limits have not yet been tested in your case. And should the day come, as I have personally seen, when after years of paying premiums, you have a stroke or cardiac difficulties and your insurer cuts you off, if you have a serious accident that requires long term care, and your coverage is limited, I pray Medicaid is there for you and you can live long enough the get an application approved. It is bare minimum, but helps when those insurers you counted on start with the excuses of good business management that you don't fit into anymore.

The problem is Baby-Boomers f*cked up America, and keep coming up with more of the "Same Solutions" that "Caused the issues"

My generation is more educated, the productivity is up, the cost of getting educated is more, cost of healthcare is up, and yet we're making less money in comparison to your generation had.

If it's broken, you DO FIX IT, you don't break it more, and more.

Everyone SHOULD want better for their kids, just some are either too dumb, or too apathetic to do better for their kids.

So how do you "fix" the problem of high college costs, place a government limit on what they can charge?

What caused the problem is that manual labor has less value than it did before mostly because of automation. Because of that, kids can't get out of school and make a good enough living to buy a house and support a family. The only way to do that is to have a higher education.

The alternative to that is trade school. You won't make as much as somebody with a college degree and you may have to work with your hands, but you also don't have the college bills either.

Automation increases productivity, and thus more production, and therefor WEALTH created.

That wealth was never seen, because of Illegals, because of outsourcing, because of monopolies laying people off, and raising prices.

This is CRAPitalist America, and it's even worse than Soviet Russia.

At least in Soviet Russia they didn't funnel all the jobs into foreigners hands who despise them.

I don't see how we're not going to "NATURALLY" collapse in the near future, if we don't end up killing each other in the streets first, and therefor "ARTIFICIALLY" collapse.

I'm glad I'll be off this planet by then; at least out of the workforce. I wouldn't want to be a person in the future with no aptitude to earn a higher education and try to make it on manual labor alone.

Millennials earn 20% less than Babyboomers did at the same age, Millennials have a net-worth 50% less than Babyboomers did at the same age.
(Of course adjusting for inflation AKA Real Wages)

This is startling, and shows the system that we have isn't working.

blog_home_prices_1949_2017_1.gif

Idk, but the price of housing for most people is way inflated. People are paying twice as much for housing as they used to, and that's not right.

Don't get me started on the grocery portion-reduction thing.. :blowup:
Ain't that the truth!!!

my tomato sauce jar went from 24oz down to 20 ounces down to now a 16 ounce jar, price even went up....

a gallon ice cream carton is now a quart shy..... plus they added a bunch of air to it to make it appear bigger....

I can't even get tomato sauce. :eek:

This is bad, because it's used in 5 recipes that I know and grew up with.

They don't even have it at the store. At least not the closest one.

Things that were always around and aren't now:

1 lb of bacon

Tomato sauce

Every can of it in my pantry is dried out. :(

How so? What have republicans done to fix this?
From where I'm sitting personally, one thousand dollars means very little. It's just something that happens.

Try facing the facts of what happens to hundreds of thousands of working people.

The economy is now going great, unemployment is down, job opportunites are up, and even for Black and Hispanics in America unemployment is down at historic levels.....

You don't know what you are talking about.

wages are stagnant. they have been for decades & that temporary tax cut that worker bees got will be eaten up by the rising costs of everything that is needed to have a comfy lifestyle. you know, food, gas, medical care.... & the permanent cuts that bigcorp received has done more for their pockets than yours. the vast majority went to stock buybacks. oooOOOOOOooo... some nice little PR bonus' were dolled out... but a one time bonus does not equate to an actual raise.

to qualify for a mortgage, on my first home, 1 week's income had to pay for your mortgage payment & property tax...

This certainly is not the case anymore!

Soo..enter the solution..Communism, amirite, comrade?

As myself, I'm going to tell you to go fuck yourself, k?

Agreed. YOu're not getting that without a fight.

How many people you willing to kill to get your utopia, Tehon?

I'm willing to die to preserve the American way of life. True story.

One difference between Communists and Americans in America, is that Americans grew up shooting and probably have grandpappy's gun.
s.

I agree, and most communists know that when communists take over, a lot of people have to die.

Tehon. HOw many people do you think would die, once the communists take over?
You guys are fantasizing. You paste a fake label of communist on people without thinking what you are doing, then fantasize acting upon it...with guns. If that ain't MOB RULE, I don't know what is.

Some of you people make me laugh, you really do, lol.

The more you have of something, or the less you have of something, causes the price of it to rise? Economics 101 folks-)

So then, if the CORRECT answer is---------->the LESS we have of something, the pricier it gets, then do you believe the MORE labor we have available, or the LESS labor we have available, would cause employee compensation to rise?

Ok then, follow me now----------> If using economics 101 again means the answer is LESS labor, then should we NOT keep illegal immigration at bay to FORCE a shortage of labor?

FACT-------> No PRESIDENT of either party can create policies that will allow the creation of jobs fast enough for the USA, and South America; unless of course, that President can create policies for all the other country's, which he can NOT! That is EXACTLY why NAFTA failed! Sure, the other country's GLADLY took our production side from us, but their citizens were NOT free enough to become mass consumers. It was EXACTLY those country's socialistic policies, that held back consumerism.

So what does that mean?

It means we basically gave away some of our needed production demand, for no rise in consumer demand to replace it! IT WAS A HORSESHIT DEAL, with a perceived political, Pollyanna outcome that never materialized.

Back on point----------> under economics 101, if we want wages to RISE without injecting government, we MUST keep control of workers that we can control...……...like illegal immigrants...…… to force a shortage, in essence forcing wages up.

Now then, which party is MOST likely to do this, and you can answer your own question!
But we are running at FULL EMPLOYMENT, where are the BIG income increases for the lower 70% of American workers?

Specifically, how?

They own our Banking industry, Congress, Media, Military ,w/ Foriegn and Domestic policies following suit

They also have zero allegiance to anything past their own coffers

and that's just a start Dark one

~S~
You've outlined YOUR fears. You haven't said how it is that they are raping you.

Do you think that you should be in control of all of that?

Forum List

Back